0,,10289%7E3715909,00.jpg

NOT A MIDFIELDER

0,,10289%7E3400454,00.jpg

NOT A RIGHT BACK

0,,10289%7E3400444,00.jpg

NOT A FORWARD

0,,10289%7E3768596,00.jpg

NOT A FOOTBALLER

0,,10289%7E3765035,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3765023,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3809116,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3809110,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3653671,00.jpg

DO YOU KNOW WHO THEY ARE???

Thanks for your time.

rudi must stay
0,,10289%7E3400493,00.jpg

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A RIGHT BACK

NOT A FORWARD

NOT A FOOTBALLER

0,,10289%7E3765035,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3765023,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3809116,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3809110,00.jpg0,,10289%7E3653671,00.jpg

Thanks for your time.

don't think Jonsson has done anything wrong at right-back tbh, neither has Karipidis imo. As for the under 19 players who's to say that they won't change everything and help us win the title, cos at the moment we're only a few points off third

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A RIGHT BACK

NOT A FORWARD

NOT A FOOTBALLER

Thanks for your time.

Sums up my thread perfectly.

Scott_HMFC1874

Eggert is a brilliant RB in my opinion.

And who says these youngsters are ready for first team?

Look at Mole and Elliot.

Thrust into the team at a young age, and failed.

The manager needs to know that a youngster can hack it.

Agree with the out of position players though. Except Eggy.

don't think Jonsson has done anything wrong at right-back tbh, neither has Karipidis imo. As for the under 19 players who's to say that they won't change everything and help us win the title, cos at the moment we're only a few points off third

Karipidis just gets in the way there, it's no coincidence our midfield played very well without him (and with only 4) on Saturday. Eggert's better in central defence or midfield.

As for the youths, you're right. But how will we know if they never play?

Karipidis is fine in his role (ok, tonight wasn't that great).

And Jonsson is decent at right back

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A RIGHT BACK

NOT A FORWARD

NOT A FOOTBALLER

Thanks for your time.

Everyone of us can see this, how can he not? or is it not him that needs to see ?

Would only add......

0,,10289%7E3709889,00.jpg

NOT A VERY GOOD FOOTBALL MANAGER ALTHOUGH MY PATIENCE IS RUNNING OUT AT YOUR MALOFEEV-ESQUE TACTICS AND SUBSTITUTIONS, GROW A PAIR OF BALLS AND LET SOME OF THE YOUNG PLAYERS YOUR BOSS WANTS TO SELL ON FOR PROFIT GET SOME GAME TIME INSTEAD OF THE USELESS DIDDIES LIKE 'THE JIMMY MOAL' FOR ****S SAKE

I edited your post slightly

Libertonian_II

Nice one.

Unfortunately we've won our last 2 games, albeit that they're against the bottom 2. So it'll be more of the same for the forseeable future:(

You could have done a Scroobius Pip thing - "Thou shalt not play 4-4-1-1, week in, week out, irrespective of who we are playing, just because your ****ty little coaching manual says so. Robbie Neilson, not a midfielder...".

jamboinglasgow
Karipidis just gets in the way there, it's no coincidence our midfield played very well without him (and with only 4) on Saturday. Eggert's better in central defence or midfield.

I would agree that Neilson is not a midfielder and that Aguir is not a forward but I would argue that Jonsson is doing fine at RB and Kari is not doing as bad as everyone makes out.

As for the youths, we have good youngsters but throwing them in at the wrong time could knock them back seriously. Hibs did the sink or swim method that you seem to be advocating, yes they did get some good players out of it but they ruined others who given more careful time would of been alot better in my opnion. I would not of been Templeton onto that game while it was so scrappy as one mistake would of been bad for him.

For all the criticisms and anger that seems to be directed towards Csaba I think it is worth noting we are 3pts clear in fourth place, much better than last season and this among all the failings. We still have most of the players from last season. I think there will be a clear out and new players will be brought in in January.

I also think that some people expected too much from Csaba early on, he was new inheriting a team that was falling apart, and given limited time before the start of the season.

I would agree that Neilson is not a midfielder and that Aguir is not a forward but I would argue that Jonsson is doing fine at RB and Kari is not doing as bad as everyone makes out.

As for the youths, we have good youngsters but throwing them in at the wrong time could knock them back seriously. Hibs did the sink or swim method that you seem to be advocating, yes they did get some good players out of it but they ruined others who given more careful time would of been alot better in my opnion. I would not of been Templeton onto that game while it was so scrappy as one mistake would of been bad for him.

For all the criticisms and anger that seems to be directed towards Csaba I think it is worth noting we are 3pts clear in fourth place, much better than last season and this among all the failings. We still have most of the players from last season. I think there will be a clear out and new players will be brought in in January.

I also think that some people expected too much from Csaba early on, he was new inheriting a team that was falling apart, and given limited time before the start of the season.

Spot on

I agree with alot of this. I definitey think RB is the place for Jonsson, I like the look of him there.

Now is definitely not the time to blood youngsters IMHO. I think some of our expectations are too high. Progress this season will be a top 6 finish and we're on the way to achieving that, by and large using the same squad as we had last season (expect goalkeepers).

I want to give Csaba time. I like the guy, I like seeing a manager who is passionate about his job. But for 25 minutes tonight we hung on grimly and desperately to a 1-0 lead at home to Hamilton. That is not on.

I appreciate our right midfield options were decimated by injury. I appreciate Mole is the next most experienced striker after Nade for as long as Tullberg is injured. But why does he set the team out to defend so deeply? I'd be happy to watch dull football if I thought it would bring us success, but I don't think this squad have it in them. So I would rather see us try to play entertaining attacking football and take a few humpings along the way.

I'm certainly not calling for the mans head at this stage but if things have not progressed by May then next summer is the time to make a change.

Would only add......

0,,10289~3709889,00.jpg

NOT A FOOTBALL MANAGER

I didn't think he was ever our manager

He is & always will be a coach & turning out not to a very good 1 at that

Obua is a natural left wing back but for Hearts he has played in the following positions

Right wing (when he swapped with Driver tonight)

Left wing

Centre forward

Centre mid

Go Csaba!

best in the land

would also add

berra(not a captain) could be better with a real leader and partner.

balogh(not a clue how to catch)

zaliukas(not again please)

obua(not good enough)

have to say again though mole= second division squad player.

and all these guy's are making a very good living from the game.

Any more performances like tonight's and we will quickly be third bottom never mind third top.

Remember we were at home tonight to the team at the bottom of the league and they totally dominated the play apart from about 15 minutes of the entire 90 minutes.

Thank God they have the same problem trying to score as we do otherwise it could have been a totally different story.

portobellojambo1

While I agree with what you say a more reflective picture could possibly be drawn from our position prior to playing St Mirren and Hamilton. At the conclusion of having played all other sides in the division once we were lying in 8th place. The sequence of results may or may not repeat itself, but within the first round of matches we also took full points from both St Mirren and Hamilton, which would suggest that at the conclusion of the next 9 games we could once again find ourselves sitting 8th.

MackaysCentreSpot
While I agree with what you say a more reflective picture could possibly be drawn from our position prior to playing St Mirren and Hamilton. At the conclusion of having played all other sides in the division once we were lying in 8th place. The sequence of results may or may not repeat itself, but within the first round of matches we also took full points from both St Mirren and Hamilton, which would suggest that at the conclusion of the next 9 games we could once again find ourselves sitting 8th.

PJ you are far too sensible. :P

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A RIGHT BACK

NOT A FORWARD

NOT A FOOTBALLER

Thanks for your time.

Jonsson - poor tonight but I like the look of him at right back.

Karipidis - below average tonight but like the look of him at defensive midfield.

Branimir Kostadinov - first team, based on what?

Husband and Wallace - playing ahead of who exactly?

The rest I agree with.

jamboinglasgow

While it is true that we were sitting 8th after the first 11 matches we were only 3 pts off 3rd place. The league was uncharacteristicly close with 6 teams so close together. We did have a dip in form which needs to be erradicted, games against hibs and aberdeen when a player who could finish would of won us those games, Falkirk where if we had kept defending for 90 minutes rather than the middle 70 and been cutting up front we could of got a better result. Against Rangers we faced a spirted side who had a player that dictated play (Pedro Mendes) and that threw us. The two games which are awful were the Dundee United and Celtic games when didn't turn up.

What Csaba needs to do is get that cutting edge up front sorted (hopefully Nade up front and scoring today means that his confidence is brimming.) Also we need a solid defence that lasts 90 mins. And we need to be up for every game otherwise it is embarressing. This needs to happen in the next 10 games, we need to be more up for old firm games and teams we normally struggle against.

portobellojambo1
While it is true that we were sitting 8th after the first 11 matches we were only 3 pts off 3rd place. The league was uncharacteristicly close with 6 teams so close together. We did have a dip in form which needs to be erradicted, games against hibs and aberdeen when a player who could finish would of won us those games, Falkirk where if we had kept defending for 90 minutes rather than the middle 70 and been cutting up front we could of got a better result. Against Rangers we faced a spirted side who had a player that dictated play (Pedro Mendes) and that threw us. The two games which are awful were the Dundee United and Celtic games when didn't turn up.

What Csaba needs to do is get that cutting edge up front sorted (hopefully Nade up front and scoring today means that his confidence is brimming.) Also we need a solid defence that lasts 90 mins. And we need to be up for every game otherwise it is embarressing. This needs to happen in the next 10 games, we need to be more up for old firm games and teams we normally struggle against.

I don't disagree with what you say, but what I would add is that in addition to the areas in which you say we need to tighten up we also need to find someone who can convert chances, regularly. In the last two games, Saturday and last night, all it needed was for St Mirren and Hamilton to get one goal each, and those 6 points could quickly have become 2 points.

EDIT - Sorry I just noticed you mentioned the striker problems in your post (which is probably a good indication that I should consider heading for bed)

Jonsson - poor tonight but I like the look of him at right back.

Karipidis - below average tonight but like the look of him at defensive midfield.

Branimir Kostadinov - first team, based on what?

Husband and Wallace - playing ahead of who exactly?

The rest I agree with.

EJ - Robbie is better at right back

CK - Eggert is better there, CK should be playing instead of Zaliukas

BK, RW, DT - we have a shortage of wide players, all three have played there in the reserves in the past few weeks, and we're also in a striking crisis

SH - Stewart was out, he is (in my opinion) his natural successor in the midfield, not Ruben

Jam Tarts 1874

Jonsson was poor again tonight, he got caught in possession far too often, it was just luck that he didn't cost us a goal. Right backs don't have time to ***** about, Jonsson seems to think he does.

Jam Tarts 1874

BK, RW, DT - we have a shortage of wide players, all three have played there in the reserves in the past few weeks, and we're also in a striking crisis

SH - Stewart was out, he is (in my opinion) his natural successor in the midfield, not Ruben

I'd like to see Kostadinov actually having a good 90 minutes in the reserves before putting him forward. He shows his talent is very short bursts, but like many of our reserves he is still learning. Last season Ryan Wallace looked all over the place - plenty talent but no focus, suddenly this season he looks like the real deal as does Templeton. I'd love to see RW and DT playing in the 1st team.

I know many will like Stewart in midfield, personally I would like to see Bruno in that "box to box" role.

I disagree and agree with Csaba that Jonsson is a better full back.

I'd have to say Eggert probably looks better but he was far more up and down in his form than Karipidis is now. At this position you need consistency. Anyway, as the post above, it's an opinion.

I wanted Temps on myself, this was something that I agreed with. At 1-0 in the second half it was the best time to introduce him IMO. Ryan Wallace has talent but is still very raw and I therefore have little problem with his omission from first team squads, especially with Temps ahead. Branny hasn't done anything at right midfield to suggest a first team place.

Probably a better shout than Ruben long term but I haven't been blown away by his performances to say he definitely merits a first team place against a much more experience player. Also a cold Wednesday night game against a team that looked set on kicking everything that moved in the first half wouldn't have been the ideal time to give him his first game in the middle of the park. I'd probably have preferred Temps to start on the right, Obua behind Nade and Bruno to replace Stewart.

The point in this and my first post was to try and discuss these decisions more in a level headed sense. Apologies if I've taken it the wrong way but from your initial post you were trying to convey the message that these things were just so simple and that only an idiot would disagree.

Well with some of them I would disagree. Discuss :o

Brick.jpg

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

:rofl:

LOUD NOISES!!!!

As for the quantity of the thread, I agree with the op, however I would like to remind everybody...

They pick the team together.

The thread title is harsh and inaccurate IMO.

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A MIDFIELDER

NOT A RIGHT BACK

NOT A FORWARD

NOT A FOOTBALLER

Thanks for your time.

Great OP - well said. Also 10-0-0 is not a formation

whoo hoo an ally at last

Great first post.

It is beyond comprehension that we are playing so many players out of position. These players of themselves being average players who find their own natural position challenging enough never mind being asked to adapt to a new position

So we ARE back to the scenario under Valdas whereby there were lots of players playing out of position

We ARE back to the Malofeev scenario where somebody at Hearts thinks Robbie can play right midfield and a creative midfielder can play off the striker (it was Hartley it is now Aguiar)

Obviously we've still got the defender in midfield scenario that has crossed the divide of the majority of our "managers" under Romanov

And we have the same formation that crossed the divide between Botchup, Cervenkov and now

All these "leftfield" decisions which have puzzled the majority of fans prevalent at Hearts no matter the manager.

Why do we even debate whether or not Csaba is a puppet?

He may be better motivationally and he may present himself as the main man more believably but the decisions that evidence themselves on the pitch have a consistency about them that has existed since Valdas came in....

Charlie-Brown

It was a make shift team due to several injuries & suspensions, no conspiracy just a dire 2nd half, several players but especially palazeulos, played their normal positions& still played crap

Sexton Hardcastle

Even if we were to bring youngsters into the team, if they werent to perform the same people would be moaning saying they arent good enough and we'd be back to square one. Elliot when he first started got this treatment. Had a few good games a couple of seasons back. Scored a couple, Then struggled. People moan/boo and he looses confidence.

The same has happened with Mole, although he hasnt achieved as much as Elliot. If csaba gave Temps/Glen a game and they had a stinker im sure the same old people would start the same old threads shouting for them to be hooked. I want them to be given the chance to prove themself but are they really ready to recieve the ****ty treatment Elliot/Mole has in recent months/years?

I think we should give casba some time. Look what he has done to nade, cant say thats not a good improvment. I think he needs to get some players he wants in. once we have a few more options he might not have to play player out of position? And Why not try and make these players more vercitile?

Laszlo is to blame. Whilst he has got the results that mean we are in 4th place in the SPL it's his tactics and his team selections that have seen a half empty Tynecastle recently and droves of fans leaving the stadium long before the end of games.

To play the formation he played last night against the bottom team in the league is nothing short of scandalous for a club with the tradition and history of HMFC.

To play so many players out of position is sheer lunacy but, worse still, not to notice from the sidelines that it wasn't working is bordering on incompetence.

If the hand of Vlad is still dictating tactics and selection then we should be told, if it's not then Vlad has to decide whether Laszlo is the right man for the job - or does he not really give a toss?

It was a make shift team due to several injuries & suspensions, no conspiracy just a dire 2nd half, several players but especially palazeulos, played their normal positions& still played crap

I'm with JammyT on this one, far too many "coincidences" for it not to be just another puppet on a string. Csaba just does what he's told, like others before him. Which in some ways is better for him, as otherwise it would suggest he's just incompetent at his job.

Archived