bbc1 now WATCH AND LEARN !!!!!

dodemac

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Can we send Mole to Afghanistan?

Only joking. As said before the whole story is quite humbling. And fair play to the players from the other teams (Hibs included) who's signing up often goes overlooked.

kingantti1874

bring a tear to a glass eye!! This what we are all about and why no matter what happens on the park we are the greatest club in world football history

And so why did the army parade at ipox? Originally both sets of weegies were called the huns. DFB & DOB the lot of them Rangers loyal my A**e

I thought Jack Alexander was about 60 with silvery hair.:)

Good to see the late Bob Crampsy again.

So did I! Anyone else think Jack sounds like Mark Donaldson, by the way?

suicidalpostie

if your son or daughter or anyone ever ask you

"what does brave mean" then sit them down and

show them this.

watchin this wi a glassy eye and am sure im not

the only one. always remember

willie wallace

How haunting is the background music.Sitting here watching with my son.Did not think he would be that interested but he is fascinated and can't believe that is how battles were fought in the 1st world war.Nice to watch and feel proud of your club.

Sitting watching this with my flatmate who is a hun and he is totally ashamed of his club at this moment in time, and now understands why i say hearts fc will always be the greatest football team in the world.

I feel proud to be a Jambo again.

Fantastic program

Weegie sc**

I'm so so proud

I love you Heart of Midlothian F.C

Respect to them all who signed up at Raith, East Fife and Hibs (I think I have missed one out also - sorry)

That is the history of Hearts

The history of the weegie disgrace clubs is bigotry

an incredible story.

i watched it when it was last on, and wept like a baby. just having watched it again, i'm in bits just as much as i was the last time.

even having read the book, i closed it after the last page, having been reading it on the bus, and realised the tears were streaming down my face

proud to be an edinburgh girl, proud to be a jambo, proud of my club, my city, the men who fought, the families who supported their fathers, their sons and their brothers...

moving, touching and ought to be compulsary watching in schools.

That's why the Celtic vile institution did not respect the war effort

None of the fhamily perished

I despise the lot of them

Very moving. An excellent made programme, well done to all concerned. It certainly brought tears to my eyes.

May we NEVER forget their sacrifice.

Proud to support this club even more.

May they RIP

geddy

That's the second time of watching and it is just as moving as the first. As I said to a few guys at work, sometimes football is not all about money and winning trophies.

Amazing story of brave men, we have nothing much to complain about in this life these days when you compare what they had to go through. lets not bitch about the old firm self preservation society and just appriciate what a great thing that is the Heart of Midlothian.

just a small niggle i have though. we really shouldn't be using this as a points scoring exercise though. i think it demeans us a little.

IT STILL WASN'T ON NATIONAL BBC THOUGH, OBVIOUSLY THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE BIGOT BROS, OR WHAT THE HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN REPRESENT:mad:

Fantastic program

Weegie sc**

I'm so so proud

I love you Heart of Midlothian F.C

Respect to them all who signed up at Raith, East Fife and Hibs (I think I have missed one out also - sorry)

That is the history of Hearts

The history of the weegie disgrace clubs is bigotry

and "COWARDICE" among many more vile things!!!!

just a small niggle i have though. we really shouldn't be using this as a points scoring exercise though. i think it demeans us a little.

It ****es me off;)

Something that makes you proud to be a Jambo no matter what has happened in the past or will happen in the future. Just wish it was something which would have been shown nationwide as it is a story well worth telling, what would they miss out on - Medium and Celebrity Scissorhands being on an hour later

Now that's why we are Jambos and that's why Heart of Midlothian are the best football club on the globe ...

Lest We Forget

An incredible, moving, epic story. It seems unbelievable today that these events really happened. Surely it's due immortalisation on film. Get a great Scottish Director in to make it, one who's a Hearts fan of course .

Francis Albert
Why shouldn't we, our players and fans did it, the others didn't, FACT!:mad:

Lots of others did it. About 3 million dead and injured. Lots of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs fans included. It's a great story. Let's not demean it.

jamboinglasgow

I agree with that, we must remember that other clubs had men who went, even hibs. Down south had some regiments which were football batalions. As the program said as joining up was voluntary and players had proffesional contracts, it was hard for players to join sometimes.

I think there were one or two Celtic players who joined, I am pretty sure I read that.

Lots of others did it. About 3 million dead and injured. Lots of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs fans included. It's a great story. Let's not demean it.

It is not a story it is fact, we should feel superior, we are superior.FTH FTC FTR

It's very difficult, I know deep down you are right, but sometimes it just rankles so much. My Department Manager is a Celtic supporter and I haven't seen him with a poppy all week. I would love to go in tomorrow and ask him if he watched this and did he now realise what being a football fan is all about, as in having a sense of pride in your team. But I know I would be wasting my time as the tosser wouldn't have watched it anyway. As I said Bev, you are right, but it's bloody hard.

:Agree:

Francis Albert
It is not a story it is fact, we should feel superior, we are superior.FTH FTC FTR

It is a fact that lots of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs fans were among the3 million British people who were killed or injured in the Graet War. But go on, feel superior if you must.

Having watched the programme, it's a sure bet that if any of the brave, graceful, dignified individuals involved would've thought such gibberish would be spouted 92 years later, they'd have recoiled in disgust. Get a grip, wull - football is just a game. And what those poor men and millions like them on both sides went through should supply proper perspective for all eternity.

best in the land
It is a fact that lots of Rangers, Celtic and Hibs fans were among the3 million British people who were killed or injured in the Graet War. But go on, feel superior if you must.

what about player's?

hibs i know. celtic and rangers i thought not.

Having watched the programme, it's a sure bet that if any of the brave, graceful, dignified individuals involved would've thought such gibberish would be spouted 92 years later, they'd have recoiled in disgust. Get a grip, wull - football is just a game. And what those poor men and millions like them on both sides went through should supply proper perspective for all eternity.

och away and get a job:), what they would have reacted against is the bile that was spouted against the hamilton player who has chosen Eire as his interational team, section G hang your heads

ernie winchester

At the game tonight with my 10 year old, we both went through all the mixed emotions - like every other jambo - the ups (Nade's performance and 3 points) and the downs (the murderous last 20 minutes) etc. I've spoken to him about McRae's Battalion in the past, and he pleaded to stay up to watch the programme tonight, but as he's got school tomorrow, I sent him to bed when we got in and recorded it for us to watch together tomorrow.

On the way home, we got talking about last Sunday's service at Haymarket, which we never attended because we both marched in the same parade in Roslin, him with the BBs and me with Lothian branch of Airborne forces (as an ex para). We've done this for the last four years.

He asked if we could miss "our" parade next year and go to Haymarket, and I replied with, "We'll see". I always face this dilemna; fiercely proud of "our" parade - my unit, his BBs and the fact we're marching in the same parade - but also fiercely proud to be a Jambo. When we watch the programme together tomorrow, I suspect there will be a serious debate concerning a change of venue for next year's Remembrance Parade.

Irrespective of owners, directors, backroom staff or even players, how good does it feel to be a Jambo!?

best in the land
IT STILL WASN'T ON NATIONAL BBC THOUGH, OBVIOUSLY THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE BIGOT BROS, OR WHAT THE HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN REPRESENT:mad:

agree. apart from the shouting. ;)

would like to see this on national tv.

i'm sure fans of these types of documentories and other footbal followers would be interested.

maybe a letter to beeb?

Francis Albert
what about player's?

hibs i know. celtic and rangers i thought not.

Do you really think that's the point? Millions of people's lives were destroyed. The connection with Hearts brings home in a (for me) tear-jerking way the reality of that aweful history. But to react by counting how many Rangers or Borussia Munchengladbach players snuffed it seems to me quite obscene.

Archived