English clubs eyeing Eggert Jonsson

StrikersInstinct

According to this story Nott Forrest and Coventry have taken an interest in Eggy with Nott Forrest scouts having watched him quite regulary this season. Also Coventry assistant manager Steve Keane was at the match, Hearts - Celtic, to take a look at Eggert.

http://www.fotbolti.net/fullStory.php?action=viewStory&id=69049

They don't have enough money

rudi must stay
According to this story Nott Forrest and Coventry have taken an interest in Eggy with Nott Forrest scouts having watched him quite regulary this season. Also Coventry assistant manager Steve Keane was at the match, Hearts - Celtic, to take a look at Eggert.

http://www.fotbolti.net/fullStory.php?action=viewStory&id=69049

not sure if that's true or not. He could play for a better team than Forrest though imo

As long as they're willing to pay the price of one of the most promising players in the country. I believe Fletcher was being touted for around 4 million so something similar for EJ would be a place to start.

Bit of a step down from arsenal and werder bremen

Eggert would be stupid to take such a move as he is easily of doing a gordon and going right to the EPL.

I know of a certain Russian banker who'll be delighted at the prospect of selling on another promising young player.

Who do you mean?

Eggy is ok but nothing special. He will never be a premiership player or top class spl player. He has great physical attributes but his basic skill level is not good enough for him to be any more than a good hard working player.

Who do you mean?

Romanov obviously. He'll bite the hand of any offer just like he did with that Christopher Berra and Andy Driving.

Guest Fabuloso
Romanov obviously. He'll bite the hand of any offer just like he did with that Christopher Berra and Andy Driving.

Unless of course he reckons he can get more money if he stalls. That's his 'driver' (pardon the pun).

jamboinglasgow
Unless of course he reckons he can get more money if he stalls. That's his 'driver' (pardon the pun).

yup so do most owners though. Romanov holds out for the largest price and so I reckon he wont be quick to sell Jonsson.

john brownlee

As it will always happen, it happened in the past and it will continue. The difference is today Mr Romanov gets value and the money Hearts desearve for the players they have trained, educated and brought up to a standard that can be sold on at a price that will benefit the club, not sold for peanuts as before

Hearts are and will always be a selling club, live with it, its not going to change what has changed is we are not getting ripped off anymore.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not overly concerned. The only thing Romanov has been consistently good at is getting good money when players are sold on. Now, where the money ends up is another matter, but I trust Romanov to get a good price for any player.

romanovs asking: anyone bids around 800,000 and he's gone.

Your joking?

Multiply that figure by 2 or 3 before Hearts would even discuss a deal.

Sunderland and Newcastle scouts were at Tynecastle last night, don't know who they were looking at though...

jamboinglasgow
Sunderland and Newcastle scouts were at Tynecastle last night, don't know who they were looking at though...

could be they are looking at McCarthy

The People's Chimp

it's now common knowledge that vlad has shown several people a piece of paper with player's names written on it and a year next to their names. The year is the year they will be sold 'at their highest value.' Wallace, gordon, Berra and others were on the paper. If Jonsson's name was there, I very much doubt it would have had 2008 or 2009 next to it.

it's now common knowledge that vlad has shown several people a piece of paper with player's names written on it and a year next to their names. The year is the year they will be sold 'at their highest value.' Wallace, gordon, Berra and others were on the paper. If Jonsson's name was there, I very much doubt it would have had 2008 or 2009 next to it.

I think given the (alleged) state of his empire that any years written on any bits of paper may have been slightly altered.

robin hood jambo
He'd be absolutely bonkers to go to Forest.

Agreed! Colin Calderwood will be sacked shortly and they will be back in league 1 next season.

I cant see how that would appeal to anyone.

Era Macaroons

....Hamilton Accies.

As long as they're willing to pay the price of one of the most promising players in the country. I believe Fletcher was being touted for around 4 million so something similar for EJ would be a place to start.

He is good, but not worth 4 mill.

2 mill and I would take it.

Wonder if they stayed to the end

Guest Fabuloso
As it will always happen, it happened in the past and it will continue. The difference is today Mr Romanov gets value and the money Hearts desearve for the players they have trained, educated and brought up to a standard that can be sold on at a price that will benefit the club, not sold for peanuts as before

Hearts are and will always be a selling club, live with it, its not going to change what has changed is we are not getting ripped off anymore.

I can live with the fact that Hearts will need to sell players to generate income however if that's the club's primary driver rather than the on-pitch situation then surely the fans will feel cheated somewhat?

To put it bluntly the buying and selling of players is more important (to VR) than winning or losing a football match. Vlad now has a viable platform to do this - a gateway to the English Premiership if you like. That is different to what the fans want obvious reasons and this is the crux of the matter and will cause friction for as long as he is there. If it was all about winning then Burley wouldn't have been sacked (don't want to go over old ground).

TELL U WHAT. IF THESE TEAMS HAVE BEEN WATCHING JOHNSSON THIS SEASON AND THINK HE IS A DECENT PLAYER THERE IS SOMETHING FAR WRONG. HE IS CLEARLY NOT A RB AND WAS VERY LUCKY ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS WHEN HE LOST THE BALL THAT HAMILTON NEVER SCORED LAST NIGHT.

THINK IN TIME HE MAY BE A DECENT MIDFIELD PLAYER BUT WE LIKE PLAYING PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION IT SEEMS.

Not overly concerned. The only thing Romanov has been consistently good at is getting good money when players are sold on. Now, where the money ends up is another matter, but I trust Romanov to get a good price for any player.

I agree, the only thing the 'mad one' is good at, unfortunately none of the money will go back to strengthen the squad. :mad:

john brownlee
I can live with the fact that Hearts will need to sell players to generate income however if that's the club's primary driver rather than the on-pitch situation then surely the fans will feel cheated somewhat?

To put it bluntly the buying and selling of players is more important (to VR) than winning or losing a football match. Vlad now has a viable platform to do this - a gateway to the English Premiership if you like. That is different to what the fans want obvious reasons and this is the crux of the matter and will cause friction for as long as he is there. If it was all about winning then Burley wouldn't have been sacked (don't want to go over old ground).

Hearts fans have always been cheated by the board, I remember how I felt when Davie Mackay, Alfie Conn (Snr) W Wallace were moved on. As I said before the only difference today under Mr Romanov is they (the players) are not sold for peanuts, or at least we get their their market value.

If you think we are hard done by, think of how Kunas supporters feel, all of their best players getting shipped out to Hearts and to add insult to injury they know if a player preforms well he will get a move to Scotland.

I agree with your last point so there must have been something that was more important to Mr Romanov to give george his p45

TELL U WHAT. IF THESE TEAMS HAVE BEEN WATCHING JOHNSSON THIS SEASON AND THINK HE IS A DECENT PLAYER THERE IS SOMETHING FAR WRONG. HE IS CLEARLY NOT A RB AND WAS VERY LUCKY ON A NUMBER OF OCCASIONS WHEN HE LOST THE BALL THAT HAMILTON NEVER SCORED LAST NIGHT.

THINK IN TIME HE MAY BE A DECENT MIDFIELD PLAYER BUT WE LIKE PLAYING PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION IT SEEMS.

I DISAGREE. HE'S FAR BETTER AT FULLBACK.

Guest Fabuloso
Hearts fans have always been cheated by the board, I remember how I felt when Davie Mackay, Alfie Conn (Snr) W Wallace were moved on. As I said before the only difference today under Mr Romanov is they (the players) are not sold for peanuts, or at least we get their their market value.

If you think we are hard done by, think of how Kunas supporters feel, all of their best players getting shipped out to Hearts and to add insult to injury they know if a player preforms well he will get a move to Scotland.

I agree with your last point so there must have been something that was more important to Mr Romanov to give george his p45

Quite. There has to be a healthy balance between selling players and doing what's best for the team/club. At present I believe the balance is quite blatantly one-sided and therefore creates a blase attitude at Tynecastle from players and fans alike.

Nevermind - only 7 weeks until Christmas.

You are right mate.Eggert is a very good player but a full back ?never.

Archived