Americans.....Gotta love them

John Titor

Was trailing tinternet for a new footy jersey when i saw their site advertise a Hearts top. The description they gave i could not help but laugh.

http://www.socceramericashop.com/shop-by-team-hearts-hearts-08-09-home-soccer-jersey.html

=Hearts fans: you've never seen a shirt so cool, so advanced, a jersey ahead of its time - this jersey is sure to propel your team to greatness. Wine color with a faint diagonal weave stripe pattern on the front

=90/10 polyester/cotton created with a Climate Control ventilation system for optimum comfort

=Official Heart of Midlothian Home Short Sleeved Soccer Jersey by Umbro

This jersey includes an embroidered team patch - over your heart - and Umbro logo on upper right chest

=Orders shipping outside the US are subject to customs fees.

=Soccer America Shop stands behind everything we sell. View our guarantees for more information.

Show your love for Edinburgh's finest, Heart of Midlothian! Winners of the 2006 Scottish Cup, Hearts are one of the most successful teams in Scotland! Show your love for this awesome side by wearing their stylish home jersey

Haha!

One thing though - WINE coloured? :mad:

Are we Bordeaux or Burgundy? Kickback needs a full-scale debate in order to establish the truth. Although, as we're in Edinburgh, I suppose it should be Bordeaux.

FTBurgundy.

leithers would no doubt say manky broon, but they know fek all and are borderline gay.

One word too many in your summing up.

When I woke up on May 17th 1998, I can assure everyone reading this that my Hearts top was indeed wine 'colored'.

Buffalo Bill

Billy Bigtime
When I woke up on May 17th 1998, I can assure everyone reading this that my Hearts top was indeed wine 'colored'.

Buffalo Bill

Same coming out as going in then??!!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Are we Bordeaux or Burgundy? Kickback needs a full-scale debate in order to establish the truth. Although, as we're in Edinburgh, I suppose it should be Bordeaux.

FTBurgundy.

As Aston Villa and West Ham are Claret and Blue, it has to be Burgundy. One was telling this to one's manservant recently, just before one had to sack him for stealing the spoons. He wouldn't work and had an unhealthy interest in the docks. :hobofish:, I think. Standards have to be maintained, don't you know?

PS "Americans.....Gotta love them"? No, I think you'll find it's not compulsory. :rolleyes:

Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian? Have you seen them in a ...well it's a kinda awesome wine slash burgundy slash deep red kinda color... not as catchy is it? :)

Same coming out as going in then??!!

I'm from Saughton Mains.

We don't have Finishing School, but we do have prison!

Buffalo Bill

Billy Bigtime
I'm from Saughton Mains.

We don't have Finishing School, but we do have prison!

Buffalo Bill

I went to Tynecastle, that was both

In fairness to them I have noticed that both here and in the States it is not uncommon for maroon to be called Burgundy. I found it hard when I came here calling the colour maroon, pronounced you would say someone was marooned. My pronunciation of marone was met with equal surprise.

As Aston Villa and West Ham are Claret and Blue, it has to be Burgundy. One was telling this to one's manservant recently, just before one had to sack him for stealing the spoons. He wouldn't work and had an unhealthy interest in the docks. :hobofish:, I think. Standards have to be maintained, don't you know?

PS "Americans.....Gotta love them"? No, I think you'll find it's not compulsory. :rolleyes:

That's just what I'd expect from you Bhurgundist weasels. You're killing the club's colours every day you're on Kickback. Viva Claret.

I went to Tynecastle, that was both

Mr Savage, Mr Hansen, Mr Sutherland, old Hippie Clarke, Jasper Simpson.

We salute you.

Buffalo Bill

The concensus on the interweb seems to be that burgundy and claret are essentially the same (a mixture of two primary colours, red and blue, and also relating to the colour of 'red' wines) while Maroon takes it's name from the latin word 'Maron' which apparently means chesnut, ie. brown. That fits in with my perception that 'our' maroon shirts have been (and should be) somewhat darker than the shirts sported by Villa, West Ham, et al. It also means that by wearing maroon and drinking claret, I'm getting things in the right order, unlike Mr. B.Bill, it seems....;)

The concensus on the interweb seems to be that burgundy and claret are essentially the same (a mixture of two primary colours, red and blue, and also relating to the colour of 'red' wines) while Maroon takes it's name from the latin word 'Maron' which apparently means chesnut, ie. brown. That fits in with my perception that 'our' maroon shirts have been (and should be) somewhat darker than the shirts sported by Villa, West Ham, et al. It also means that by wearing maroon and drinking claret, I'm getting things in the right order, unlike Mr. B.Bill, it seems....;)

Cant belive that nobody has taken the opporchancity to say that if certain members of Kickback were describing the colour, it would have to be "whine".

Incidentally, Aston Villa's claret is apparently derived directly from Hearts' colours so theoretically, the two ought to be identical.

GC

At one of the very first televised Hearts games in my local pub (think it was the Killie Cup replay on Lithuania Day - great goal by Lee Wallace) the barmaid asked me if I was "cheering on the ones in purple?" :(

She was very quickly educated!

At one of the very first televised Hearts games in my local pub (think it was the Killie Cup replay on Lithuania Day - great goal by Lee Wallace) the barmaid asked me if I was "cheering on the ones in purple?" :(

She was very quickly educated!

And informed that she was colour blind I hope, purple indeed:mad:

Jimmy McNulty

The Sunday league team I play for wears maroon. After a few years, I figured the only way to get a throw when the ball went out of play was shout "Red Ball". (Maroon ball was met with only puzzled looks).

Mr Savage, Mr Hansen, Mr Sutherland, old Hippie Clarke, Jasper Simpson.

We salute you.

Buffalo Bill

No love for Miss Marshall?

The Sunday league team I play for wears maroon. After a few years, I figured the only way to get a throw when the ball went out of play was shout "Red Ball". (Maroon ball was met with only puzzled looks).

Murderwell strips used to be claret and amber.I reckon maroon is claret,although mine is a vodka an coke!Especially if Karen is buying!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
I reckon it's more like an LBV Port.

An old port is very acceptable. As long as it's no' Leith..... :107years:

Archived