Some trivia - Name the sequence

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Leslie, Robin Van Persie, Christiano Ronaldo

all got off without charge in regard to alleged offences against burds

Guess The Crowd

Dundee, Celtic, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibernian, Rangers, Motherwell, Clydebank, Dundee, Celtic St Mirren, Rangers, Hibernian, Motherwell, Dundee Utd,Aberdeen, Rangers, Clydebank, Dundee, Celtic, Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell, Hibernian, St Mirren, Rangers, Dundee Utd, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Clydebank...

Dundee, Celtic, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibernian, Rangers, Motherwell, Clydebank, Dundee, Celtic St Mirren, Rangers, Hibernian, Motherwell, Dundee Utd,Aberdeen, Rangers, Clydebank, Dundee, Celtic, Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell, Hibernian, St Mirren, Rangers, Dundee Utd, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Clydebank...

Dundee :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

Internazionale, Benfica, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Club Brugge, Malmo FF, SV Hamburg, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AS Roma, Bayern Munich, AC Milan,....

Charlie-Brown
Internazionale, Benfica, Borussia Moenchengladbach, Club Brugge, Malmo FF, SV Hamburg, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AS Roma, Bayern Munich, AC Milan,....

Losing European cup finalists circa seventies & eighties?

correction: lost european cup finals to british teams!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Losing European cup finalists circa seventies & eighties?

correction: lost european cup finals to british teams!

Correct, so next in sequence is....?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Celtic, Celtic, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Airdrie, Rangers, Rangers, Airdrie, Rangers, Dundee Utd.....

Teams that knocked HMFC out of the cup so the next in sequence is NO ONE! :)

Guess The Crowd
Teams that knocked HMFC out of the cup so the next in sequence is NO ONE! :)

Indeed - 10 years immediately before 16/5/98.

Syme at Parkhead '89, Airdrie twice in semis, beaten by Tommy MacLean in '97, thumped twice by Aberdeen, losing 5 in a final.........I reckon we were due that day in the sun.........

Guess The Crowd
Didn't we lose to Airdrie 3 times? Once at Broomfield & Twice at Hampden?

Not at Broomfield in the Cup, I don't think.

Suspect you may be thinking of league game in 91/92 - we were riding high in the League, but could usually rely on Airdrie to kick us in the nuts......

Guess The Crowd

Apologies, you're absolutely right.

If you look, the following Saturday we were thumped 5-0 at Pittodrie, and I'd remembered that as being the cup exit, hence my comment about twice being thumped by Aberdeen (we'd lost 4-1 there the previous season in the Cup quarter final). I remember Wallace Mercer going mental after the 5-0 Aberdeen defeat, saying some players had been at the club too long - however I now realise that was a league game, and the Airdrie game, as you rightly say, was the cup game.

(Ironically, I'd forgotten who knocked us out the Cup in 93/94 - it was Rangers in the quarter final -so I checked that one out in Londonhearts. I didn't think I needed to check 90/91, so sure of my facts was I! Funny how the memory plays tricks:sad:)

Decent, no so good but tried, really good , no so good, excellent, no so good but tried, 3rd best , 3rd best _____________ 2nd best, cup win, champs league, awful, completely woeful, people stealing wages, diafeckinbolical

fill in the blank

Decent, no so good but tried, really good , no so good, excellent, no so good but tried, 3rd best , 3rd best _____________ 2nd best, cup win, champs league, awful, completely woeful, people stealing wages, diafeckinbolical

fill in the blank

5th?

roussett, naysmith, weir, pointon, mcpherson. cameron, fulton. mccann, ___ adam. ____

Salvatori , Flogel :107years:

Partick Thistle, Dundee, Hibernian, Hibernian, Hibernian

and another

Lothar Mattheus, Marco Van Basten, Roberto Baggio, Romario, George Weah ...

and another

Dundee, Hamilton, Hamilton, Falkirk, Airdrieonians, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer, Falkirk, Alloa ...

Sean Lawson is correct for the second sequence, the first five FIFA World footballers of the year.

Any takers for what the other two sequences represent?

Athletico Madrid, Bologna, Bayern Munich

European ties in which Hearts have lost having won the first leg at home?

Dundee, Hamilton, Hamilton, Falkirk, Airdrieonians, Stenhousemuir, Stranraer, Falkirk, Alloa ...

these are the challlenge cup winners not sure of sequence after this

Partick Thistle, Dundee, Hibernian, Hibernian, Hibernian

this is the scottish entrants to the Intertoto cup i think

Well done!

these are the challlenge cup winners not sure of sequence after this

Well done again, the first few winners of the Challenge Cup!

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Brondby, Brondby, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Juventus, Bayern Munich.

Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Brondby, Brondby, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, Juventus, Bayern Munich.

Man Utd's path to the CL title in 1998/9 (you've forgotten their qualifying tie, mind!) - in which they went unbeaten throughout, and played sensationally away to Barcelona (3-3) and in Turin. Their performance in the delle Alpi remains the finest I've ever seen from an English club side in Europe.

Sweden,Germany,Argentina,Spain,Mexico,Italy,....

Er - are you sure you don't mean Mexico, Germany, Argentina, Spain, Mexico, Italy?

Ah. Apologies - my bad.

World Cups Scotland qualified for?

Correct,although you could put Sweden in instead of France and call it major tournys qualified for....if you were awkward,that is!

Correct,although you could put Sweden in instead of France and call it major tournys qualified for....if you were awkward,that is!

Indeed! Though that goes for Sweden '58 and Sweden '92, of course. And don't forget Switzerland '54 too (though given your results there, I can't blame you if you have... :)).

Archived