Two Free Dundee Utd game tickets offer

vegas-voss

Guest JamboRobbo

not bad deal for folks who didn't bother to buy season tickets.

Nice to see HMFC looking after it's loyal customers as usual. :eek:

Sorry, did you not get a voucher book with your season ticket with plenty of money saving deals?

Or are you just wanting to moan about Hearts again?

Guest JamboRobbo
Sorry, did you not get a voucher book with your season ticket with plenty of money saving deals?

apologies for having an opinion. :rolleyes:

PresidentRomanov

Regretting eventually deciding to buy yours now :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with trying to encourage people back.

The People's Chimp

I didnt get mine, however I'm sure the jury is still out on the "money saving deals."

I can see JR's point, but at the end of the day, this decision from hearts is correct. The atmosphere has been bowf all season, attendances are down and this is a way of potentially boosting both. And let's face it, against united, of late, we've needed all the help we can get...

Guest JamboRobbo
Nothing wrong with trying to encourage people back.

Indeed. Just pointing out that once again, they are rewarding people for NOT buying ST's. Same as they did last year.

Yes there is a need to try and encourage new customers, but not at the expense of shafting your most loyal customers.

As one of those customers, I feel shafted every time they offer a cheap deal to non ST holders when I know I paid full whack for my ST. I think HMFC should be looking after ST holders before non ST holders. I don't think thats an unreasonable point of view.

Don't buy a ST - get a free top with a Utd ticket. Buy a ST? Ok, you can pay 40 quid for your top then. Cheers HMFC.

Indeed. Just pointing out that once again, they are rewarding people for NOT buying ST's. Same as they did last year.

Yes there is a need to try and encourage new customers, but not at the expense of shafting your most loyal customers.

As one of those customers, I feel shafted every time they offer a cheap deal to non ST holders when I know I paid full whack for my ST. I think HMFC should be looking after ST holders before non ST holders. I don't think thats an unreasonable point of view.

Don't buy a ST - get a free top with a Utd ticket. Buy a ST? Ok, you can pay 40 quid for your top then. Cheers HMFC.

What is the alternative though? What could they offer ST holders to increase attendances at Tynecastle?

This is a smart move to coincide the offer with Christmas sales to increase our support, albeit only for 1 game.

Yeah your right in that respect.

They would be better offering season ticket holders cut price tickets for friends in my opinion. Jamborobbo is 100% correct in this respect.

Guest JamboRobbo
What is the alternative though? What could they offer ST holders to increase attendances at Tynecastle?

Put a better product on the park. We saw what happened to attendances when they did that.

This is a smart move to coincide the offer with Christmas sales to increase our support, albeit only for 1 game.

If all they are interested in is increasing sales for that one game, I agree with you. If they want to encourage buying of ST's in the long term, I think consumers knowing that discount offers like this are likely throughout the season will devalue our ST, and will encourage people not to bother buying one, cause they can just wait for the sales, and get a free strip included in the bargain..

I can see your point but not everyone who doesn't have a season ticket are some sort of undeserving protest voters. I don't have a season ticket because I work weekends often so I can only go to some games when I get a free weekend, also I can't afford one. There must be quite a few others out there who are in the same boat and Hearts are just trying to help them out a bit.

Sadly I have already bought and paid for my utd tickets so I can't take advantage of it.

Chad Sexington

Dry your eyes tiny tears. :cry_smile::P

I think it's a good move from the club. We'll need a decent crowd in against Utd. It could be a pivotal game in our quest for Europe.

They would be better offering season ticket holders cut price tickets for friends in my opinion. Jamborobbo is 100% correct in this respect.

They already have, 2 tickets for a fiver each.

ToadKiller Dog

They have done in the voucher book 2 friends for ?5 tickets for cat b games .

As a ST holder i presume i can also by a top and get the free tickets also.

Dont think this is a big deal ,if it makes the club a bit more money and match day crowd then its not a bad thing.

Guest JamboRobbo
I can see your point but not everyone who doesn't have a season ticket are some sort of undeserving protest voters.

Not saying they are mate. Just IMO, HMFC should look after ST holders first.

Guest JamboRobbo
They have done in the voucher book 2 friends for ?5 tickets for cat b games .

How am I supposed to persuade my mates to go if HMFC will only pay them a fiver? Thats less than minimum wage :P

I think they have to encourage as many people as possible to get along to games. Personally I dont have a problem with them doing this, and if it fills a few more seats that would have been empty then good.

Before people want to critiscise Hearts maybe they should be looking to critiscice the fair weather jump on the glory bandwagon fans that only turned up in 05/06 when things were on the up, (Or should say looked on the up)

Guest JamboRobbo

Before people want to critiscise Hearts maybe they should be looking to critiscice the fair weather jump on the glory bandwagon fans that only turned up in 05/06 when things were on the up, (Or should say looked on the up)

Aye, it's the fans fault as usual. :rolleyes:

How am I supposed to persuade my mates to go if HMFC will only pay them a fiver? Thats less than minimum wage :P

Just admit you are wrong instead of trying to sidestep it with a weak attempt at humour.

Aye, it's the fans fault as usual. :rolleyes:

Whos blaming the fans? Not blaming the ones that turn up each week anyway thats for sure. Blaming the jonny come lates, that only came when things were looking good. Soon as the preverbial hits the fan the disapear again.

You seem to have a problem with anyone who disagrees with your opinions.

PresidentRomanov
Just admit you are wrong instead of trying to sidestep it with a weak attempt at humour.

Very weak attempt :P

Whos blaming the fans? Not blaming the ones that turn up each week anyway thats for sure. Blaming the jonny come lates, that only came when things were looking good. Soon as the preverbial hits the fan the disapear again.

You seem to have a problem with anyone who disagrees with your opinions.

Agreed - on all counts.

better loyalty towards season tickets holders would be nice... but we did get the option of saving ?30 if we renewed early.

to be honest - they'd be better to drop top end ST prices so that they become such a perceived bargain that people will see it being as cheap as having a mobile (cheaper even...).

make the money from other places like increased demand for food / drinks etc. the more people attending will bring benefits long term with increased family loyalty etc.

better loyalty towards season tickets holders would be nice... but we did get the option of saving ?30 if we renewed early.

to be honest - they'd be better to drop top end ST prices so that they become such a perceived bargain that people will see it being as cheap as having a mobile (cheaper even...).

make the money from other places like increased demand for food / drinks etc. the more people attending will bring benefits long term with increased family loyalty etc.

They'd be better reducing the price by ?57 and giving platinum holders etc the option of buying a programme - mine arrives late every game.

MackaysCentreSpot

As Makateer stated they do. In the voucher book you get Friends for a Fiver.

Bring two friends to any cat B match for just ?5 each.

Alright you only get two vouchers but they have done it.

You must have got a different voucher book than everyone else if that's the case.

The voucher book is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Although I see the point of trying to attract supporters, it would be nice on occassions for Hearts to actually show some loyalty to ST holders.

So JR does make a valid point.

Guest JamboRobbo

usual suspects more keen to have a go at me than actually debate the point I see. ho hum.

JamboAl, you fountain of misinformation you, please feel free to enlighten me as to what count I am, according to you, wrong. I look forward to your attempts at justifying your latest unfounded accusation against me.

Guest JamboRobbo

Exactly. They should offer better deals for loyal, long term customers, who'll bring in money week after week, rather than for one off sales that only come along for their freebie.

Guest Dipped Flake

A good bit of marketing by Hearts IMO. Should lead to higher strip sales and a bit more people at the Utd game. As others have stated ST holders are able to take 2 pals for a fiver twice in the season so no complaints from this ST holder.

Commander Harris
Giving something away isn't exactly a "sale" mate, is it?

it's the tickets that are being given away, the shirts are being sold.

good idea you think of people who will be getting a strip for xmas this means they buy it quick then they can also get to a game and if your a season ticket holder nothing to say you can't give them to a mate or someone looking for a ticket

Guest JamboRobbo
it's the tickets that are being given away, the shirts are being sold.

ah well, thats ok then. either way, you're paying 30 quid or whatever, and getting two tickets and a top for your money.

Whilst as a ST holder, I had to pay regulare price for the game, plus 40 quid for a top.

Guest JamboRobbo
not like you to be wrong:) You have to buy the strip

In which case, it's tickets that they're giving away for nowt, whilst ST holders paid for it.

Whichever way it's dressed up, there's an offer to pay 30/40 quid or so, get 2 tickets and a top.

2 tickets alone cost that, as does a top.

Commander Harris
ah well, thats ok then. either way, you're paying 30 quid or whatever, and getting two tickets and a top for your money.

Whilst as a ST holder, I had to pay regulare price for the game, plus 40 quid for a top.

I didn't comment on the rights and wrongs of it, I was simply correcting you on that one point.

FWIW, I too am a season ticket holder but I might go buy the top and give the tickets to a couple of mates. :)

Guest Dipped Flake

Backtracking a bit now???? Exactly why did you being a ST holder mean you had to pay ?40 plus for a top???? You might well have chosen to buy your top earlier but I am sure many non-ST holders did that too so the price of the top has no place in any argument you may have on this deal. p.s. I presume you have sent a pm to jamboal apologising as you have now admitted he was right in saying you were wrong:)

Guest JamboRobbo
Backtracking a bit now???? Exactly why did you being a ST holder mean you had to pay ?40 plus for a top???? You might well have chosen to buy your top earlier but I am sure many non-ST holders did that too so the price of the top has no place in any argument you may have on this deal.

In your opinion.

If you want to twist it that way, then HMFC are giving away free tickets to people who buy a top. So if they dress it up that its tickets they're giving away, the issue becomes why are they giving away something which they made LOYAL CUSTOMERS pay for?

If you want to argue with me because I disagreed with you on the other thread, lets do it by PM. Had enough of it on here for one day.

p.s. I presume you have sent a pm to jamboal apologising as you have now admitted he was right in saying you were wrong:)

If JamboAl shows me what I said that was wrong, I'll happilly acknowledge that. Things which were said by others (e.g. AdamAnt) don't count though, given I didn't say them. ;)

Guest Dipped Flake
In your opinion.

If you want to twist it that way, then HMFC are giving away free tickets to people who buy a top. So if it's they dress it up that its tickets they're giving away, the issue becomes why are they giving away something which they made LOYAL CUSTOMERS pay for?

If you want to argue with me because I disagreed with you on the other thread, lets do it by PM. Had enough of it on here for one day.

If JamboAl shows me what I said that was wrong, I'll happilly acknowledge that. Things which were said by others (e.g. AdamAnt) don't count though, given I didn't say them. ;)

ok last post on this as it has gone the way of every other post, pointless nitpicking.....You said I want to twist it that way and that Hearts want to dress it up that way, they aren't dressing anything up. THEY ARE GIVING AWAY 2 TICKETS WHEN YOU BUY A TOP, end of story. You have an issue with them doing that and that is your opinion and you are fully entitled to that opinion

JamboAl said you were wrong as you stated they were giving the top away for free. They are not giving the top away for free so you were wrong

See you on the next bash the Jambos thread

Guest JamboRobbo
You have an issue with them doing that and that is your opinion and you are fully entitled to that opinion

So there will be no flack flying my way for having that opinion then? :P

JamboAl said you were wrong as you stated they were giving the top away for free. They are not giving the top away for free so you were wrong

See you on the next bash the Jambos thread

No, JamboAl said I was wrong due to something AdamAnt said, that "JR is right there should be a voucher in the ST book". Someone pointed out there is a voucher in the ST book, and JamboAl somehow managed to turn that into me being wrong. Despite the fact I never even mentioned any voucher in any ST book at any point.

So there will be no flack flying my way for having that opinion then? :P

No, JamboAl said I was wrong due to something AdamAnt said, that "JR is right there should be a voucher in the ST book". Someone pointed out there is a voucher in the ST book, and JamboAl somehow managed to turn that into me being wrong. Despite the fact I never even mentioned any voucher in any ST book at any point.

FFS give JR a break. You are like a bunch of wee lassies.

Guest JamboRobbo
FFS give JR a break. You are like a bunch of wee lassies.

cheers mate, based on the reaction I got, you'd think I'd come on and suggested Hibs weren't ****e or something. :)

The People's Chimp

you'll get 2 free tickets though!

Guest S.U.S.S.
cheers mate, based on the reaction I got, you'd think I'd come on and suggested Hibs weren't ****e or something. :)

Dont even think it JR! :)

Guest JamboRobbo
you'll get 2 free tickets though!

I wouldnae be able to give them away. I told my mates about the fiver offer to try and get a few mates to come along, and their reaction was "is that all they'll pay me". :P

Not saying they are mate. Just IMO, HMFC should look after ST holders first.

I agree with this season ticket holders should get preferential treatment

Hibs at easter road for example

I had a season ticket and 38 away points yet there was a potential that any fair weather fan could have walked of the street and got a ticket before me.

This typifies hearts under romanov

I wouldnae be able to give them away. I told my mates about the fiver offer to try and get a few mates to come along, and their reaction was "is that all they'll pay me". :P

If there Jambos thats the examples i was talking about. Perhaps if there werent so many Fans so quick to turn their backs on the club as soon as things arent so good then Hearts wouldnt need to be giving FREE TICKETS away. Never thought about that?

Archived