David Norris - Ipswich

Rawrrrrrrr

Guest juvehearts
He's already admitted the celebration was in support of his murdering (fao Prancer - manslaughtering) mate! What more do you want? A signed confession?

A story out of nothing my erse! Clown!

Where & when was this?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where & when was this?

Google David Norris. There's direct quotes from him that he was supporting his chum with a private message.

Was there not a similar case a few months ago with a player doing the handcuffs gesture after a goal? Could be that I'm suffering a wee bit deja vu...

Anyway, these guys, even at Ipswich, a paid a huge hunk of money and play out their work in front of thousands - potentially millions over the telly. If there's no one giving them decent PR training, then there bloody ought to be.

This will be a thought out plan to recognise his mate in clink by his goal celebration and the fact that he went ahead with it shows that he is not taking his high-profile position of responsibility seriously. It doesn't take a genius to realise that it would cause offence.

Therefore, I'd say that he definitely needs a reprimand.

If he wants to support his killer friend, then do it privately where it doesn't cause offence.

JH, you've recently admitted, with some defiance, on another thread that you are not concerned about your actions being insensitive or causing offence so I have to take your current comments with a pinch of salt.

Yep it was Tim Cahill of Everton. His brother was banged up for GBH or something similar.

GC

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
He never murdered anyone, least not in the eyes of the law

As much as I think Juvehearts is being a bit of a muppet, so are you with your over emotional response.

The right stance is in the middle, its certainly not his finest moment, but I dont think anything other than a word in the ear is required.

The media witchhunts are in full force at the moment and he is just the latest victim of the mock rage taking over the UK media at the moment.

I give it a week before Gordon Brown wants to deport him :rolleyes:

So the parents of murdered children being annoyed that someone is supporting the guy that killed them is 'mock outrage'

Is that what you are saying?

Guest juvehearts
Google David Norris. There's direct quotes from him that he was supporting his chum with a private message.

I dont have to. there has been no offiicial comment from Ipswich, all it said on the BBC news website that it was a 'personal message' & did not indicate handcuffs & he apologized for any offence caused & that should have been the end of the matter.

but not for the press it doesnt seem to be.

i can understand everyone's feelings on the subject, but as far as i am conserned. case closed.

I P Knightley
Yep it was Tim Cahill of Everton. His brother was banged up for GBH or something similar.

GC

Thanks for that LJ/GC - I knew I wasn't going mental.

I know it was discussed on JKB and I seem to remember contributing similarly then to what I did earlier.

There's a time and place to show your support to your ne-er-do-well mates and I don't think that on the pitch in front of thousands is the place.

It shows callous disregard for the victims and comes across as trying to bestow a level of victimhood on the perp.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I dont have to. there has been no offiicial comment from Ipswich, all it said on the BBC news website that it was a 'personal message' & did not indicate handcuffs & he apologized for any offence caused & that should have been the end of the matter.

Ipswich are releasing a statement shortly (you'll probably dismiss it as conjecture). At least you've now accepted that, by Norris' own admission, he was nodding McCormick's way.

Guest juvehearts
Ipswich are releasing a statement shortly (you'll probably dismiss it as conjecture). At least you've now accepted that, by Norris' own admission, he was nodding McCormick's way.

I have always accepted that his celebration was conterversial, people read too much into things & take the moral high ground when controversy happens.

The media have blown this out of all preportions & its now getting beyond a joke now, its all over the news channels & no doubt will be a long week for the family invloved.

they came out & said it was a silly thing to do & the media took it & it is now being preceved that all goal celebrations are wrong.

like the news channel's have confirmed that he said he was sorry if he offended anyone & it was a private message to someone. (we dont know who yet) although everyone thinks it is this monster.

IT might not be the case & what ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I have always accepted that his celebration was conterversial, people read too much into things & take the moral high ground when controversy happens.

The media have blown this out of all preportions & its now getting beyond a joke now, its all over the news channels & no doubt will be a long week for the family invloved.

they came out & said it was a silly thing to do & the media took it & it is now being preceved that all goal celebrations are wrong.

like the news channel's have confirmed that he said he was sorry if he offended anyone & it was a private message to someone. (we dont know who yet) although everyone thinks it is this monster.

Norris said: "It wasn?t a handcuffs sign it was a private message but I can see how people might have seen it like that and I apologise if it?s caused any offence. Luke is a friend of mine. He made a massive mistake and is paying for that."

Seriously mate, What is your connection to this guy???

You seem very agitated by the whole condemnation of his act!! :eek:

Guest juvehearts

ok he made it to his mate.

He is a daft laddie, apologize to the mum for the celebration & that SHOULD be the end of the matter

with the way the media is dragging this i dont think it will be.

im not defending the laddie, i am defending celebrating a goal.

to some people it will be offensive, to others it will be a controversial goal celebration.

i can see the argument for people being offended, he has apologized, personally thats should be the matter closed.

will it be tho?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
ok he made it to his mate.

He is a daft laddie, apologize to the mum for the celebration & that SHOULD be the end of the matter

I agree.

Went round the houses to get there tho

An absolutely despicable act by Norris who has deeply offended and upset the bereaved family. Not only did his idiotic mate McCormack kill 2 young boys through his drunken driving but he also left their father in a wheelchair and constant pain.

There was just no need for that ridiculous gesture whatsoever and in my opinion he should have the book thrown at him by his club and the FA.

Anyone who heard the mother and father on the radio today explaining what happened would surely agree.

As the dead boys mother said "support your pal by going to visit him in prison"!!!

Guest juvehearts
I agree.

Went round the houses to get there tho

LOL :eek: shock horror

my comments on JKB are 'controversial' & im called this, that & the next thing because i have a difference of opnion.

so sorry for not being part of the PC bigrade!

Bit personal samster no?

what have i done or said to you? :sad:

Nothing to me but on almost every controversial thread I see you posting on you attempt to defend the indefensible.

I understand free speech is our right but sometimes you just have to take a step back.

Not just this Norris stuff but general stuff about chants/songs etc at the football. Your party line is always 'if you don't like it, stay at home' and other such stuff as the defending the guys making tasteless chants saying they're the only ones making an atmosphere.

As I said free speech is your right but I just find it sad that there's very little common decency left in the world.

This is possibly controversial but here we go...

The lad has shown his support for a friend. His friend was an idiot who was stupid, reckless and completely without defence for the terrible action that led to him taking the life of two innocent children. For this he should be vilified and rightly sent straight to jail. This has happened and the law has played it's part.

The support shown is, to my mind anyway, not in support of the act i.e. he thinks he has been falsely imprisoned, but to say to him that despite his idiocy and subsequent actions and imprisonment, his friends are still thinking of him.

To try to make out that the player was supporting his friends actions is completely ridiculous. None of us would stop friendships because our friends had been sent to jail even if they were as monumentally stupid.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Guest juvehearts
Nothing to me but on almost every controversial thread I see you posting on you attempt to defend the indefensible.

I understand free speech is our right but sometimes you just have to take a step back.

Not just this Norris stuff but general stuff about chants/songs etc at the football. Your party line is always 'if you don't like it, stay at home' and other such stuff as the defending the guys making tasteless chants saying they're the only ones making an atmosphere.

As I said free speech is your right but I just find it sad that there's very little common decency left in the world.

samster give it a rest,

what is wrong with chanting or singing songs at football?

its a man's game is it not?

im getting sick & tired of this PC in this day & age.

ill defend anyone wanting to generate an atmopsphere at a hearts match as long as the song doesnt break the law!

what your common decency mite not be everyone elses, the world aint a nice place & you can only **** with the ****** youre given.

my comments on JKB are 'controversial' & im called this, that & the next thing because i have a difference of opnion.

:rofl:

There we have it, you are annoyed at C*lt!c and their applause for the dead, but that is okay by you, yet people disagree with you and your stance on this dude and you bring out the "PC brigade" title?

You mean he's an attention seeking Whore?? :P

Guest juvehearts
This is possibly controversial but here we go...

The lad has shown his support for a friend. His friend was an idiot who was stupid, reckless and completely without defence for the terrible action that led to him taking the life of two innocent children. For this he should be vilified and rightly sent straight to jail. This has happened and the law has played it's part.

The support shown is, to my mind anyway, not in support of the act i.e. he thinks he has been falsely imprisoned, but to say to him that despite his idiocy and subsequent actions and imprisonment, his friends are still thinking of him.

To try to make out that the player was supporting his friends actions is completely ridiculous. None of us would stop friendships because our friends had been sent to jail even if they were as monumentally stupid.

Thats my take on it anyway.

SPOT ON cambo M8.

Is he just as bad a rhat bhoy now?

people need to see both sides of the argument & dont take the morale high ground.

no doubt you will be shot down in fl;ames & called all sorts from the PC bigrade

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What are you on about? We've basically got the same opinion - that Norris doesn't deserve to be hanged for this - but you were trying to deny that Norris had done anything in the first place when he'd admitted to it.

PC Brigade, WTF?

Who said it was a goal celebration to this sicko?

has he came out & said he it was to this individual?

Guy's weither i have a family or not doesnt matter, it really doesnt & im not discussing my personal life on this board, everyone that personally knows me knows my family situatation & thats the way it will always be.

This was a goal celebration end of.

that really should be the end of the matter, i blame the media/press for making something out of nothing.

Incidentally, a wee word of advice.

If you really dont want folk on here to know about your personal circumstances IH, you shouldn't make your bebo page your homepage.

Not having a go - genuine word of advice.

Seems I was wrong about my suspicions which makes it all the more inexplicable

GC

Guest juvehearts
What are you on about? We've basically got the same opinion - that Norris doesn't deserve to be hanged for this - but you were trying to deny that Norris had done anything in the first place when he'd admitted to it.

PC Brigade, WTF?

HE was showing support for a friend, what is wrong with that?

silly yes, but he has apologized & that should be the end of it.

will it be tho?!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
HE was showing support for a friend, what is wrong with that?silly yes, but he has apologized & that should be the end of it.

will it be tho?!

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it

Go back about 55 posts and you were denying that he'd done anything.

Norris said: "It wasn?t a handcuffs sign it was a private message but I can see how people might have seen it like that and I apologise if it?s caused any offence. Luke is a friend of mine. He made a massive mistake and is paying for that."

He`s not paying for it the 2 little kids are, with there life's. And it`s not a mistake if you get into your car ****ed and drive off, anyone with half a brain realises you are putting yourself and others in danger.Paying for it my ars.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
[/i]

He`s not paying for it the 2 little kids are, with there life's. And it`s not a mistake if you get into your car ****ed and drive off, anyone with half a brain realises you are putting yourself and others in danger.Paying for it my ars.

To be fair, McCormick is paying for it, but maybe not as severely as everyone would like.

No i dont,

he celebrated a goal, cant everyone see that?

or do like everything else it has to be a hidden message to everyone's goal celebrations these days.

the footage shows him running to the centre of the pitch with his arms crossed. doesnt mean anything & the whole thing has been blown out of preportion IMO.

thats how i feel on the matter I know some of you dont agree with me so im leaving it at that.

Please do!!!

I think it was a pretty stupid celebration when you consider two young kids were killed, it's fair enough to show support for your team mate but you need to consider the victims family, particularly as it was at his wedding and there is a good chance people/team mates at the wedding were aware that he was going to drink and drive.

I think McCormick's sentence was fair enough, I'm not sure if I agree with the life for life sentiments, the accident was caused due to him being over the legal limit, you could argue that anyone caught over the limit is just lucky that they have not killed anyone and their offence is no less than someone who's drinking and driving has resulted in an accident.

Media have made a mountain out of a molehill.

And the molehill is two kids being killed by a tosspot who got in his car after a few sherbits?

If his mate got lifted for driving a golf bugggy down the 8th fairway ****ed and nobody was hurt - then I concur. The incident was a little more than that though.

Chad Sexington
Media have made a mountain out of a molehill.

I cant get my head around why people are calling this situation a "molehill".

They obviously don't have kids of their own.

This clowns mate was responsible for the manslaughter of two young children after driving drunk from his wedding.

He then callously rubs it into the grieving parents by doing this moronic handcuff gesture in front of the cameras and thousands of people.

The feckin idiot should have been sacked.

samster give it a rest,

what is wrong with chanting or singing songs at football?

its a man's game is it not?

im getting sick & tired of this PC in this day & age.

ill defend anyone wanting to generate an atmopsphere at a hearts match as long as the song doesnt break the law!

what your common decency mite not be everyone elses, the world aint a nice place & you can only **** with the ****** youre given.

I was waiting on that one coming and you don't disappoint.

I cant get my head around why people are calling this situation a "molehill".

They obviously don't have kids of their own.

This clowns mate was responsible for the manslaughter of two young children after driving drunk from his wedding.

He then callously rubs it into the grieving parents by doing this moronic handcuff gesture in front of the cameras and thousands of people.

The feckin idiot should have been sacked.

Nonsense.

People need to realise that there's a difference between a show of support (in the "keep your head up [friend in prison] - thinking of you" sense) and "LOL YUR KIDZ R DED".

The Easily Offended Bus has parked itself on KB tonight. :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

People need to realise that there's a difference between a show of support (in the "keep your head up [friend in prison] - thinking of you" sense) and "LOL YUR KIDZ R DED".

As much as it pains me I agree with you.

It wasnt his brightest moment but I very much doubt he even thought of it from the angle of the family being offended, he probably saw it simply as a gesture of support for a close friend who made a stupid mistake and is likely in a very bad situation in prison.

Its also very easy for people to condemn, but I wonder if they would be so quick to distance themselves from someone they knew themselves well who made a mistake.

Its telling this happened 2 days ago and he is now being crucified, the media are on a regular little witch hunt at the moment and are creating pitch fork crews for anyone they feel like who does the slightest thing.

I personally think an apology and word in the ear would have been more than enough here, fines and FA reports are just ridicolous.

loveofthegame
Nonsense.

Don't always agree with what you say on here but this post is completely spot on.

Of course what McCormick did was awful but that doesn't mean that his mates aren't going to be down for him and all Norris was intending to do was let his mate know that he wasn't being forgotten about whilst serving time for the crime he committed. Put yourself in Norris' shoes, i know if it was my mate i wouldn't disown them and would want them to know they were in my thoughts in any way possible. The guy made what turned out to be a terrible terrible mistake and is now paying for it. Let it go.

Some people just like to get offended. End of.

Nonsense.

Am one of the least pc people going but thats baws.

He could and should have told his mate to keep his head up in a far more private way, rather than in thepublic and most importantly infront of the two parents who have lost 2 youn children with everything to live for.

2 children... gone, never coming back, not even in 8 years.

Did Norris kill the two kids?

The guy who killed the two kids is serving his sentence in jail.

It is not wrong for his friends to care for him.

His friends showing their care for him is not condoning the act which got him there in the first place.

2 youn children with everything to live for.

2 children... gone, never coming back, not even in 8 years.

You're muddling the issue by being mawkish.

It's not about the dead children. So what if David Norris "sends a message" on the football pitch? [friend in prison] was a footballer, wasn't he?

I think it was a misguided, though understandable gesture of solidarity towards a friend of his - and the media have got ridiculously carried away. However, this is not as important as the crucial point that David Norris plays for Ipswich Town FC; and consequently, he should hang. :mad:

Thought it was pretty inappropriate myself, the boy's a professional footballer and with that job comes responsibilities.

He could quite easily have chosen another low key gesture that McCormack and their circle of friends would have identified without triggering the uproar.

The Real Maroonblood
Im sorry Support for what?

FFS HE CELEBRATED A GOAL

what next just pick the ball up & run back to the centre circle.

machine gun celebration's OH deer whatever next :eek::rolleyes:

we will get gazza playing the flute again!

If it had been a Hibs player you would have probably would have wanted him jailed.

J.T.F.Robertson
Thought it was pretty inappropriate myself, the boy's a professional footballer and with that job comes responsibilities.

He could quite easily have chosen another low key gesture that McCormack and their circle of friends would have identified without triggering the uproar.

Like a visit or a phone call, perhaps. :rolleyes:

He obviously didn't consider the real victims in this "show of support" and that's the first thing he shoukl have done. (and I'm certainly not, PC)

You're muddling the issue by being mawkish.

It's not about the dead children. So what if David Norris "sends a message" on the football pitch? [friend in prison] was a footballer, wasn't he?

Its all about opinions and imo he should have kept any messages to his mate private. Its still very soon after the incident and the parents really didnt need this, which I'm sure has just ended in more pain.

Its a very very sensitive issue.

Say What Again

I don't know if you ever saw they Jeremy Clarkson thread in the Shed about his comments regarding lorry drivers murdering prostitutes, but it would be interesting to see if any of the 'outraged' posters on this thread, were amongst the poster on the Clarkson thread describing what he said as 'a joke FFS'.

Seems like you can 'joke' about people being murdered but not make a handcuff sign. Maybe if he'd done it with a spinning bow tie or a water squirting flower on his chest it would have been OK. :rolleyes:

For the record, I think both were pretty ill advised things to do.

I actually do wish I could be arsed cross referencing the 2 threads to out any culprits :P

Archived