David Norris - Ipswich

Rawrrrrrrr

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest juvehearts
What are peoples thoughts on this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7719625.stm

Maybe not the boys cleverest moment but does he really deserve to be actioned by the club as being suggested?

I dont see what all the fuss is all about.

Right now prancer it is all hearsay until e get an explination from the lad.

IMHO he doesnt need to give one, it was a celebration. end of.

media already made a meal out of a non event.

Maybe not the boys cleverest moment but does he really deserve to be actioned by the club as being suggested?

Certainly not the best move he has made. I think a word in his ear to tell him that his actions can affect on those involved and maybe a meet with the family to apologise, would be sufficient.

I have to agree

I mean ffs, Lee Hughes was allowed to return to the league after a similar offence, so to punish him even if he admits it was in support of his mate is just a joke.

Its also relevant that McCormack took his punishment and didnt put the family through a painful court case etc, whilst it is difficult everyone involved needs to move on as the past cant be changed and I dont see how getting Norris punished or obstracised is productive to anyone

Well, i'm sure the family of the kids don't see it as a "non event".

Obviously it'll depend on his explanation but if it was a "show of support" then it's a stupid thing to do and pretty distasteful.

The ****** thats in jail killed two children. Dont think any one really needs a goal celebration to remember him.

Maybe the players next celebration can be acting out the carrying of a coffin??

I think it must be a slow news day in Suffolk?

That said, if it was my kids that had been killed, I too would probably take every opportunity I could get to remind people of the circumstances and the name of the person responsible.

Certainly not the best move he has made. I think a word in his ear to tell him that his actions can affect on those involved and maybe a meet with the family to apologise, would be sufficient.

Agree.

Probably not a clever move but I don't think the press are doing anyone any favours by running with the story.

They should probably have left it alone and leave the poor family in peace.

Certainly not the best way to show his support, think a wee apology is all it should take though.

Incidentally, who was it that scored a goal at the weekend then proceeded to 'machine-gun' the players that came to celebrate with him? Another one that maybe shouldn't have happened on this particular weekend.

Certainly not the best way to show his support, think a wee apology is all it should take though.

Incidentally, who was it that scored a goal at the weekend then proceeded to 'machine-gun' the players that came to celebrate with him? Another one that maybe shouldn't have happened on this particular weekend.

Please oh please let it have been a german

I would love to see the media outcry over that one.

I seem to remember a couple of young Hearts players doing an inappropriate gun type celebration shortly after an atrocity. Possibly Locke and Thomas?

Guest juvehearts
Well, i'm sure the family of the kids don't see it as a "non event".

Obviously it'll depend on his explanation but if it was a "show of support" then it's a stupid thing to do and pretty distasteful.

Of cource it is a non event, it hearsay & a media witch hunt against a professional footballer whom has done nothing wrong.

like you said it'll depend on his explanation, IMHO i hope he doesn't give one, HE HAS NO NEED TO.

It was pure & simple A goal celebration.

that should be the matter closed.

I love the british press :rolleyes:

Guest juvehearts

Im sorry Support for what?

FFS HE CELEBRATED A GOAL

what next just pick the ball up & run back to the centre circle.

machine gun celebration's OH deer whatever next :eek::rolleyes:

we will get gazza playing the flute again!

Guest juvehearts
Probably not a clever move but I don't think the press are doing anyone any favours by running with the story.

They should probably have left it alone and leave the poor family in peace.

SPOT ON.

Its the family I feel sorry for in all of this, The named player also.

anything to shift a few copies of a rag tho eh.

can see this going on all week.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Of cource it is a non event, it hearsay & a media witch hunt against a professional footballer whom has done nothing wrong.

All hearsay, apart from the quotes from Norris in the Mirror today admitting it was a gesture to McCormick and apologising to anyone he might have offended.

Celebrations are fine mate.

IF this celebration was to his mate who's been locked up for 8 years after killing two kids whilst drunk then he should be hammered for it.

Guest juvehearts
All hearsay, apart from the quotes from Norris in the Mirror today admitting it was a gesture to McCormick and apologising to anyone he might have offended.

And you believe everythign you read in a newspaper! :rolleyes:

Im sorry Support for what?

FFS HE CELEBRATED A GOAL

what next just pick the ball up & run back to the centre circle.

machine gun celebration's OH deer whatever next :eek::rolleyes:

we will get gazza playing the flute again!

Support for a guy that killed two young children, knowing full well that TV cameras would pick it up the kids family might well see it. I think there's better ways to show his support, that's all, and I don't think he should get hammered for it but can you not see it is a bit insensitive?

As for the machine gun stuff, again I'm not making as big a deal of it as you appear to be, but having seen footage of soldiers getting gunned down on the front lines in war and this being the weekend to remember them then again, I think it's a bit insensitive.

Guest Dipped Flake

I cannot believe some posters are defending this guy. As far as I am concerned, if he has admitted it was in support of a guy who murdered 2 kids (yes, running them over while drunk is murder in my eyes) then the guy should be banned by his club and the FA, if only for 1 match, to show him what an arse he was to do this.

Guest juvehearts
You're saying they made them up?

are you believeing that a jurno from a rag managed to speak with this player after the final whistle & get a confession or apology out of him when it has tahen the best part of 48 hrs to come to the nations attentsion & wasnt reported in ANY sunday newspaper?

I dont read newspapers espechically english based one's so i might be wrong, but please comon!

this is a media witch hunt agaist this said player & if i was him, i'd go to court over this as it was a celebration & seek damages.

Like i said, its the family i feel for, what is the need to broadcast a non event & put even more heartbreak onto an already broken family?!

gotta love the british press.

madaline mccann ring any bells to anyone, how much did the press have to pay in damages for that fiasco?!

Guest juvehearts
I cannot believe some posters are defending this guy.

why because he celebrated a goal?!

As far as I am concerned, if (its a BIG if) he has admitted it was in support of a guy who murdered 2 kids (yes, running them over while drunk is murder in my eyes) then the guy should be banned by his club and the FA, if only for 1 match, to show him what an arse he was to do this.

All hearsay & a media witch hunt again.

the laddie in my eyes did nothing wrong & I bet your bottom dollar he will come out & apologize about nothing.

I really hope he says nothing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
are you believeing that a jurno from a rag managed to speak with this player after the final whistle & get a confession or apology out of him when it has tahen the best part of 48 hrs to come to the nations attentsion & wasnt reported in ANY sunday newspaper?

I dont read newspapers espechically english based one's so i might be wrong, but please comon!

this is a media witch hunt agaist this said player & if i was him, i'd go to court over this as it was a celebration & seek damages.

Like i said, its the family i feel for, what is the need to broadcast a non event & put even more heartbreak onto an already broken family?!

gotta love the british press.

madaline mccann ring any bells to anyone, how much did the press have to pay in damages for that fiasco?!

They're direct quotes from him, which have since been run by the Press Association and the BBC. You come back to me when Norris sues the Mirror

ToadKiller Dog

It was a very crass insensitive stupid thing he did ,the media were always going to go into over drive on this ,thats 24 hour news and the gossip style of our press for you,but doesnt take away from the fact he has been an insensitive oaf ,a slap on the wrist and a face to face apology to the family(but is a forced apology worth anything?) and move on .

the laddie in my eyes did nothing wrong & I bet your bottom dollar he will come out & apologize about nothing.

I suspect you dont have children. The fact that your signature boasts of your "achievements" on a computer game says it all really.

I also suspect that you didnt hear the lads' mother crying on Five Live this morning.

I hope for your sake that nothing like this ever happens to you.

GC

Guest juvehearts
Support for a guy that killed two young children, knowing full well that TV cameras would pick it up the kids family might well see it. I think there's better ways to show his support, that's all, and I don't think he should get hammered for it but can you not see it is a bit insensitive?

As for the machine gun stuff, again I'm not making as big a deal of it as you appear to be, but having seen footage of soldiers getting gunned down on the front lines in war and this being the weekend to remember them then again, I think it's a bit insensitive.

rubbish, this is yet again the media/press at it again, making something out of nothing, these people that report this kind of thing could start a riot in an empty house.

who is making a deal out of this? It was YOU that brought up the machine gun subject, i gave my opnion on this as this is a message board & people are entitled to express their views on this.

this weekend was a weekend to remember & the minutes scilence were respectfully observes all apart from 1 ground.

Once the whistle blows after the pause for rememberance then we get down to buisness & watch football.

I dont know what you were expecting making that remark espechically on a football message board where football fans celebrate goals like the players do.

don't you think this said celebration was a mark of respect to everyone that is fighting or has fought in wars gone bye, or that he as a friend or family member fighting or whom has faught at the war?

people do crazy things when they score goals, but im sure alredy know this.

Juve

The boy is an idiot. If his mate was locked up for something minor then fair enough it's a bit of a laugh. The fact is he caused the death of 2 children. A public statement and a donation to a charity or suchlike would be a good idea.

Guest juvehearts
I suspect you dont have children. The fact that your signature boasts of your "achievements" on a computer game says it all really.

I also suspect that you didnt hear the lads' mother crying on Five Live this morning.

I hope for your sake that nothing like this ever happens to you.

GC

My personal life has nothing to do with anyone on a football message board & to correct you about my ''achivements'' on a football computer game that is about what we are all on here to discuss football, IMO is relevent to this board as it is a JKB football manager challenge.

No i did not listen to the raido this morning, & the mother crying on five live has every right to do so as some sick media jurno's out there get a kick at reporting these kind of non events.

IMHO i deeply feel that this is a non event & it just shows you how low people will go to get a story out there that will damage so many people over nothing.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

On another thread you're outraged that Celtic didn't show more respect to war dead and veterans, but you're trying to tell us you don't find the actions of this player even a tiny bit disrespectful.

My personal life has nothing to do with anyone on a football message board & to correct you about my ''achivements'' on a football computer game that is about what we are all on here to discuss football, IMO is relevent to this board as it is a JKB football manager challenge.

No i did not listen to the raido this morning, & the mother crying on five live has every right to do so as some sick media jurno's out there get a kick at reporting these kind of non events.

IMHO i deeply feel that this is a non event & it just shows you how low people will go to get a story out there that will damage so many people over nothing.

The point about your personal life was to try to establish why you have reached the viewpoint which you hold. My point was merely that if you had children, you might hold a different viewpoint.

Though it may surprise you a little, the mother was not crying because the media had brought up the story - she was crying because of the insensitivity of the player in question whose wedding the drunken keeper was driving away from when the lives of her two children were ended. We seem to be in agreement that she had "the right" to do that.

No-one is pretending that the celebration is a major event but equally, it is worthy of comment because it was insensitive and the player should apologise to the family in my view. People - all people - need to be responsible for their actions and this applies as much in football stadia as it does anywhere else.

GC

The ****** thats in jail killed two children. Dont think any one really needs a goal celebration to remember him.

Maybe the players next celebration can be acting out the carrying of a coffin??

Agreed 100% mate.

If I were the poor kids father, I'd be waiting with a large hammer for the mofo getting out, along with that tube that "celebrates" with handcuffs.

:mad:

ToadKiller Dog
No-one is pretending that the celebration is a major event but equally, it is worthy of comment because it was insensitive and the player should apologise to the family in my view. People - all people - need to be responsible for their actions and this applies as much in football stadia as it does anywhere else.

GC

spot on.

You mate, are a Trumpet!! IF you had kids there is no way you would go on like this...It was a Goal Celebration,YES, appropriate?NO!!You...Like this guy, In a special way?? :rolleyes:

The guy MURDERED 2 young boys, why have a Goal celebration in HONOUR of the murdering TW@T??

I hope the EFA ban him for at least 3 games and fine him a couple of weeks wages, to be sent to a children's charity!

As someone says you obviously don't have a family of your own!!

You give Chef's a bad rep!! :P

Guest juvehearts

I just dont see what the fuss is all about tho?

regardless of anyone's thoughts or opnions.

the whole saga to me is a non event & dont see why everyone is up in arms over a goal celebration.

because at the end of the day THATS ALL IT WAS

I P Knightley

Was there not a similar case a few months ago with a player doing the handcuffs gesture after a goal? Could be that I'm suffering a wee bit deja vu...

Anyway, these guys, even at Ipswich, a paid a huge hunk of money and play out their work in front of thousands - potentially millions over the telly. If there's no one giving them decent PR training, then there bloody ought to be.

This will be a thought out plan to recognise his mate in clink by his goal celebration and the fact that he went ahead with it shows that he is not taking his high-profile position of responsibility seriously. It doesn't take a genius to realise that it would cause offence.

Therefore, I'd say that he definitely needs a reprimand.

If he wants to support his killer friend, then do it privately where it doesn't cause offence.

JH, you've recently admitted, with some defiance, on another thread that you are not concerned about your actions being insensitive or causing offence so I have to take your current comments with a pinch of salt.

You mate, are a Trumpet!! IF you had kids there is no way you would go on like this...It was a Goal Celebration,YES, appropriate?NO!!You...Like this guy, In a special way?? :rolleyes:

The guy MURDERED 2 young boys, why have a Goal celebration in HONOUR of the murdering TW@T??

I hope the EFA ban him for at least 3 games and fine him a couple of weeks wages, to be sent to a children's charity!

He never murdered anyone, least not in the eyes of the law

As much as I think Juvehearts is being a bit of a muppet, so are you with your over emotional response.

The right stance is in the middle, its certainly not his finest moment, but I dont think anything other than a word in the ear is required.

The media witchhunts are in full force at the moment and he is just the latest victim of the mock rage taking over the UK media at the moment.

I give it a week before Gordon Brown wants to deport him :rolleyes:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

the whole saga to me is a non event & dont see why everyone is up in arms over a goal celebration.

Well, in that case, you could say the same thing about Celtic at the weekend.

"I just dont see what the fuss is all about tho?

the whole saga to me is a non event & dont see why everyone is up in arms over a round of applause.

because at the end of the day THATS ALL IT WAS"

He never murdered anyone, least not in the eyes of the law

As much as I think Juvehearts is being a bit of a muppet, so are you with your over emotional response.

The right stance is in the middle, its certainly not his finest moment, but I dont think anything other than a word in the ear is required.

The media witchhunts are in full force at the moment and he is just the latest victim of the mock rage taking over the UK media at the moment.

I give it a week before Gordon Brown wants to deport him :rolleyes:

Well, that's me told!! :o

Guest juvehearts

Who said it was a goal celebration to this sicko?

has he came out & said he it was to this individual?

Guy's weither i have a family or not doesnt matter, it really doesnt & im not discussing my personal life on this board, everyone that personally knows me knows my family situatation & thats the way it will always be.

This was a goal celebration end of.

that really should be the end of the matter, i blame the media/press for making something out of nothing.

are you serious?????

if and i mean if his celebration was meant in that way then yes he deserves to be hammered by the club and the league.

sticking up for your mates one thing,

but a public show of support for someone who killed 2 kids becuse he couldnt get a taxi home from a mates wedding(doubt it'd made a huge dent in his wallet) is ludicrous.

have a word with yourself unless of course your just trying to get attention.

Guest juvehearts
On another thread you're outraged that Celtic didn't show more respect to war dead and veterans, but you're trying to tell us you don't find the actions of this player even a tiny bit disrespectful.

No i dont,

he celebrated a goal, cant everyone see that?

or do like everything else it has to be a hidden message to everyone's goal celebrations these days.

the footage shows him running to the centre of the pitch with his arms crossed. doesnt mean anything & the whole thing has been blown out of preportion IMO.

thats how i feel on the matter I know some of you dont agree with me so im leaving it at that.

Guest juvehearts
are you serious?????

if and i mean if his celebration was meant in that way then yes he deserves to be hammered by the club and the league.

sticking up for your mates one thing,

but a public show of support for someone who killed 2 kids becuse he couldnt get a taxi home from a mates wedding(doubt it'd made a huge dent in his wallet) is ludicrous.

have a word with yourself unless of course your just trying to get attention.

Droid

at this moment in time it is hearsay, all of this means nothing until the player comes out & says something.

i personally feel he has nothing to defend himself about & the media should be ashamed of themselfs for making a story out of nothing.

Droid

at this moment in time it is hearsay, all of this means nothing until the player comes out & says something.

i personally feel he has nothing to defend himself about & the media should be ashamed of themselfs for making a story out of nothing.

agreed,

but if that was his intention then its disgusting...AGREED?

Guest juvehearts
agreed,

but if that was his intention then its disgusting...AGREED?

YES agreed 100%

end of the matter.

i still feel the laddie did nothing wrong & the media have made him out to be a bit of a noel hunt!!! :P

I did wonder if anybody else noticed that ;).

The players reaction to that goal is disgusting, supporting a murderer as publicly as that is a horrible thing to do. His club should hammer him.

Droid

He's already admitted the celebration was in support of his murdering (fao Prancer - manslaughtering) mate! What more do you want? A signed confession?

A story out of nothing my erse! Clown!

Archived