Well said Sir George

Rods

Iainmac - that's not how it often comes over on here, when almost weekly his EEN article gets picked over and criticised ?

(I have no issue with GF and what he says - the fuss and bluster washes over me - but, as I said last night, any concerned and disgruntled Hearts fan is important at the moment, because we (Hearts fans) are very likely going to all need each other sometime soon, if the particular basket in which all our eggs lie is dropped soon.)

What's the point of your dig to Shaun about journalists you've spoken to, by the way ? Just asking.

Sounds a bit like the old playground thing "none of your friends actually like you, you know ... "

Unless you happen to be called George Foulkes?

Re the journalists, it 's called feedback - treat it as a gift!

Shaun, once again I find you having a go - for no apparent reason relating to what he wrote - at someone who could be a real asset and an instrument for change. I spoke to a couple of journalists at the weekend - you seem to have alienated them too!

As for GF changing his views - people in glass houses etc.

Wasn't it your good self that proclaimed that he would never post on this forum again?

Please drop the "bull in a china shop" approach. GF follows Hearts home and away and has more credibility with the majority of the Hearts family than most of us. Those that can see past the party political stuff at least.

Come on, Iain! Mild criticism of George Foulkes hardly equates to bull in a china shop stuff; and I'm sure he has skin plenty thick enough to absorb a little flak on a messageboard. I regularly defend him on here in any case. As for the journalists: well, that's news to me, and not the impression they gave me when I spoke with them. Anyone specific you mean here? (You're free to PM me if you don't want to mention it on the forum). I'll be sure to bear your advice in mind. :)

Well said Iain :)

Regarding Shaun's taxi driving pal, if he'd told me he stopped going two years ago, I'd have asked him when he started - four years ago would be my guess ;)

I then would've told him what I tell most taxi drivers who like the sound of their own voice - shut your mouth and just drive me where I want to go :)

Makes you wonder how such experts in everything, endup driving other people about for a living :P

Hmm. What is it you do for a living, PB? I'm sure your adoring public on here would love to know...

PresidentRomanov
Hmm. What is it you do for a living, PB? I'm sure your adoring public on here would love to know...

I'm sure nobody - with the exception of you - is in the slightest bit interested in what I do for a living.

And even if they were, I wouldn't feel the need to explain my life story to a bunch of made up names on the internet, that would make me look a bit needy ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm sure nobody - with the exception of you - is in the slightest bit interested in what I do for a living.

And even if they were, I wouldn't feel the need to explain my life story to a bunch of made up names on the internet, that would make me look a bit needy ;)

For those who are interested, here is PickyBum hard at work.

Sibiu_street-sweeper.jpg

I was in Edinburgh over the weekend. My taxi driver at Waverley happened to be a small shareholder in the club, and Jambo since the 1960s... who'd not been in over two years. Why? Because "the owner is off his head, and has ripped the heart and soul out of the club". .

In other words: because results are crap.

I don't buy this "because he's a madman" nonsense.

I bet your taxi driver would still be going if Hearts were top of the league, whether Vlad is off his head and ripping the heart out of the club or not.

If he is such a passionate Hearts fan who is agaisnt Vlad, then why doesn't he stand protesting outside the main stand on a Saturday?

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the guy. Hearts have been rank for over two years. I only go myself out of blind loyalty, as opposed to great entertainment.

But like the vast majority of those who have stopped going: I think it has little to do with morals and much to do with results.

Buffalo Bill

In other words: because results are crap.

I don't buy this "because he's a madman" nonsense.

I bet your taxi driver would still be going if Hearts were top of the league, whether Vlad is off his head and ripping the heart out of the club or not.

If he is such a passionate Hearts fan who is agaisnt Vlad, then why doesn't he stand protesting outside the main stand on a Saturday?

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the guy. Hearts have been rank for over two years. I only go myself out of blind loyalty, as opposed to great entertainment.

But like the vast majority of those who have stopped going: I think it has little to do with morals and much to do with results.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill - that's twice you have posted something like this. The point is that results, our relationship with the SFA, the Riccarton 3, loads of head coach puppets, fax machines, etc etc etc are all intrinsicly (sp) linked to Vlad and his totally crazy inept ways of running our club. It is impossible for Hearts to be top of the league and results gonig well with vlad running the club the way he is, that is the point. That is why we have so many stay away fans and people saying "he's ripped the heart and soul out of the club"

Buffalo Bill - that's twice you have posted something like this. The point is that results, our relationship with the SFA, the Riccarton 3, loads of head coach puppets, fax machines, etc etc etc are all intrinsicly (sp) linked to Vlad and his totally crazy inept ways of running our club. It is impossible for Hearts to be top of the league and results gonig well with vlad running the club the way he is, that is the point. That is why we have so many stay away fans and people saying "he's ripped the heart and soul out of the club"

We all have our view point, and as a result, it is likely that I along with you and everyone else will probably have to repeat a key point on different, but similar threads. You can’t seriously expect me to say something completely different to the same point?

Look mate, I’m not saying Vlad isn’t to blame. He is to blame, and I have repeated that on dozens of thread recently.

But look at the points you make.

Lets say, just for the sake of discussion, that Vlad did all those crazy things but somehow, we won the league in 2007 and 2008. Impossible I know, but say he did.

Would people still stop coming to Tynecastle on a point of principle?

I think not.

People stop going because we are crap, and have been for two and a half years.

And like I said, I don’t blame them.

But it’s results driven, not morality, because Mad Vlad would be great if Hearts were too.

If the taxi driver had conviction in his statement to Shaun, then why isn't he standing outside Tynecastle protesting?

Buffalo Bill

Guest S.U.S.S.
Those who stopped attending cos of romanov robinson mercer parker etc always seem to want hampden tickets

Exactly, id respect them more if they say, only went to away games, would show the numbers are willing to come back with changes, but na, its an excuse plain and simple.

Archived