Forrester High School

this_is_my_story

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feckin hell, had a right laugh at some of this. Still see Wellie and Wilson (ginger maths, not Rambo chemistry) out for pints together. Wellie definitely gave you character with the digs in the ribs and knees in the back. Could take it back as well (once you got bigger that is). He did get a laddie in my higher chemistry class greetin though!

And speaking of Peter 'Drogs' Peace, he was on the Back To The Brink video. Don't ask me how I spotted him, but Sandy Clark scored against St Mirren in about 1985, and you can see Peace-pipe's unmistakeable features running back to the halfway line with his flag in the air.

And who's this Mrs Watson that was in a Fabian Yantorno? I cannae believe that.

another recollection of my time there is the mental, scary looking gadge that was there when i first went there, a guy known as 'evil'. does anyone else remember this boy?

surprised nobody has mentioned this already (sorry if someone has) but i'm still scarred after being fortunate enough to play fitba for the school teams.... green and white striped shirts.

:(

And who's this Mrs Watson that was in a Fabian Yantorno? I cannae believe that.

She taught Maths and Computing. The mag was doing the rounds in school around the 1993-1995 period. You wouldnae tho - she was a minger!

I know a guy who swears he caught Les McKeown sh**ging a dog in a stair in Broomhouse in the 70's.

An actual dog before the inevitable jokes start.

Swears blind it's true.

How low can he get?

A chiwawa!

Mrs Watson taught me, very strange indeed. Mr McArthur is and always will be the best teacher there. Mr Koturbasz deserves a mention for his warped sense of humour!

surprised nobody has mentioned this already (sorry if someone has) but i'm still scarred after being fortunate enough to play fitba for the school teams.... green and white striped shirts.

:eek: I still have flashbacks 34 years later !!! :(

I still have one of those tops in my drawers. We managed to get new ones while we were there.

Still the same green and white stripes though.

I had a bit of a square go with Wellie when he ripped my sweatshirt off my back because he said it was indecent! It had a picture of Marilyn Monroe on it with her legs in the air, (it was a cool top back in the day, went well with my Fara's and Pod Sandals :rolleyes:) I swear the top was almost in two. Mr Lamont was the head at the time and Wellie got a roasting for it and made to shell out for a new one. Funny thing was, I always got on great with him before and after that. It was a footy thing.

Same for Beardie Boab, great guy!

Fruit cakes were Phoaby and his body odour (Mr Donald) and Miss Mackenzie. In her 60's and had never had the boaby. I got thrown out of her modern studies class and made to take Secretarial Studies for the rest of my school duration. Safe to say I went once then just stayed on the no.32 right round Edinburgh for a couple of hours and pop in for PE! :)

Ahhh the memories...

I still have one of those tops in my drawers. We managed to get new ones while we were there.

Still the same green and white stripes though.

top used to be all green with white collar and white cuffs you got the strip on a friday and it stayed in the bag till kick off

another recollection of my time there is the mental, scary looking gadge that was there when i first went there, a guy known as 'evil'. does anyone else remember this boy?

Mind him well.

He started into my second year and everyone was just scared of the guy but when you got to know him he was a quiet guy but the name just stuck.

Now TOIW was a name that could strike fear into my very bones and onto the wall of Ferranti's in gorgie road,just by the bus stop.

A nutter of the first extreme and last seen gritting roads for the council with his teeth.

Mr Eggo the history teacher was my registration teacher and in his own and befuddled manner the master of my downfall...it was just so easy to skive.

Goodmorningmrfisherman
another recollection of my time there is the mental' date=' scary looking gadge that was there when i first went there, a guy known as 'evil'. does anyone else remember this boy?

Mind him well.

He started into my second year and everyone was just scared of the guy but when you got to know him he was a quiet guy but the name just stuck.

Now TOIW was a name that could strike fear into my very bones and onto the wall of Ferranti's in gorgie road,just by the bus stop.

A nutter of the first extreme and last seen gritting roads for the council with his teeth.

Mr Eggo the history teacher was my registration teacher and in his own and befuddled manner the master of my downfall...it was just so easy to skive.[/quote']

Evil ended up getting a bravery medeal from the cops for saving some old bloke from a fire in broomtown grove iirc.

Big Jeff the goalie rememder him?

Mrs Watson taught me, very strange indeed. Mr McArthur is and always will be the best teacher there. Mr Koturbasz deserves a mention for his warped sense of humour!

Kenny McArthur lives round the corner from my folks.

I'll need to tell them to tell him about this post.

another recollection of my time there is the mental' date=' scary looking gadge that was there when i first went there, a guy known as 'evil'. does anyone else remember this boy?

Mind him well.

Mr Eggo the history teacher was my registration teacher and in his own and befuddled manner the master of my downfall...it was just so easy to skive.[/quote']

eggo was a volcano IIRC. he could just go berserk.

Evil ended up getting a bravery medeal from the cops for saving some old bloke from a fire in broomtown grove iirc.

Big Jeff the goalie rememder him?

just goes to show how wrong an impression can be. he scared the living carp out of me as a wee 1st year mite.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Very true. I was ashamed to wear it.

I do rememeber them only having tops though - we looked daft as ****, with all of us having different colours of shorts and socks on. Most were green and white tops with maroon shorts and socks :Icky:

Big Jeff the goalie rememder him?[/QUOTE]

alan ritchie

She taught Maths and Computing. The mag was doing the rounds in school around the 1993-1995 period. You wouldnae tho - she was a minger!

I was there at the time (finished 6th year in 94). Well I say I was there, I wasnae there that often, which is probably why I missed it!

I remember roundabout 87/88 Craigmount went down to Forresters to do a bit of "re-arranging".

Funny seeing a whole school brick it on their own manor.

Pfft....

;)

I remember roundabout 87/88 Craigmount went down to Forresters to do a bit of "re-arranging".

Pfft....

;)

aye... easy to say now ya craigy soft-lad. :)

fight ye at play time?

both people who post under this user name are forrie FPs from 87 - 03.

I still see willie cruickshank regularly and he now teaches at Firrhill although he schooled himself at Trinity. Willie is/was a great all round sporty type and has schoolboy caps, WGS played at the same time. He also played for Spartans. A good guy even when he was my teacher..

Tremendous thread, many happy memories being brought back.

I was at Forries from 86-92 and also had a wee thing for Miss Laing. I have heard she is a lesbian tho! She must be a fair age now though. Miss Simpson (Economics) was also a favourite of mine, not a great looker but a curvy figure, I can still remember her tight black skirts hugging her butt to this day!

Mr Wilsons classic 'on ye go, on ye go' when he was reffing will never be forgotten (he could teach a few refs about the advantage rule', unless you legs was broken it was a case of 'just get on with it'!

Rambo Wilson scared me *****less, so much that I got a 1 in 'O' Grade Chemistry.

Jack Beck was a legend, he told us about his brief football career with Queen of the South on so many occassions. Think he played 45 minutes for their reserves on 1 occassion.

Ahh. Happy days indeed.

Right.

Any of you kids remember McEwan in physics?

I soaked him with a hose - in class.

He did smell, let's be fair.

Two teachers hated me - him and hunter.

:P

The wee beardy guy?

Seriously?

That's maybe why I didn't get suspended.

:sad:

He was my physics teacher and he was definitely a jambo. Used to see him quite often in the Gorgie Stand.

I quite liked him as a teacher.

Used to say 'In practice' a lot. A few of us would put 20p each into a pot in every lesson and whoever guessed the correct amount of times he would say it got the cash.

Mr McGregor, Craft & Design.

Psychotic.

Would completely lose the plot at the slightest of things.

Had that grinning thing going on that all complete psychopaths have. Dead behind the eyes.

Mr McGregor, Craft & Design.

Psychotic.

Would completely lose the plot at the slightest of things.

Had that grinning thing going on that all complete psychopaths have. Dead behind the eyes.

I was going to mention him. I've seen him throw vices across the classroom on more than one occassion. I wasn't even in his class.

McGregor is still kicking about now as a substitue teacher but he always seems to be in Forries.

He reminds me of a war veteran type with old school ideas about how to teach a class.

Once asked him for a pen when upon taking his jumper off where 5 lined up pens in his shirt pocket. He then took one out. Looked at it. Then went out of the class to another teachers room and came back with a pencil with no lead in it.

marshallschunkychicken
both people who post under this user name are forrie FPs from 87 - 03.

I still see willie cruickshank regularly and he now teaches at Firrhill although he schooled himself at Trinity. Willie is/was a great all round sporty type and has schoolboy caps, WGS played at the same time. He also played for Spartans. A good guy even when he was my teacher..

I've been at too many of Willie Cruikshank's 'Pop Shop Boys' disco / country dancing combo's at various people's birthday celebrations.

Forries! what a school

mr anderson complete legend i once set his clock forward half an hour in a double period and we were all ready to go at 3 oclock!

Mr Mcgeachy!! we put lube over his car door handles and when he bent over in SE threw the dildo he brought in at his erse!

Mr Beck couldnt control a class full of dead folk!

and just to add if anyone watched the vids hughesie posted links up to.. im the one in the pink wig:)

Hughesie.. Whos the guidance teacher you would do then? it needs to be a page 3 model to beat Findlay or Laing :P

Mrs Mcgilivary (guidance teacher) is the hottest teacher that has or will ever live! end of:).

Walter Bishop

Anyone ever come across a miss Howard (Caroline maybe) She was a PE teacher at my school aroun 1993 and left to go to a school in town!! She was a stunner!!!:o

Mrs Mcgilivary (guidance teacher) is the hottest teacher that has or will ever live! end of:).

is she new to the school? i left in 2000 i think and cant recall her.

is she new to the school? i left in 2000 i think and cant recall her.

yeah, i think around 03/04 she came. do you remember Mr.Mcphee? He's banging her.. shes like guidance/pe teacher. Unbelievebly hot!!

Pfft....

;)

Hee hee, it was like Moses parting of the sea.:P

jamboinheaven
Hee hee, it was like Moses parting of the sea.:P

i remember a parting of the sea in the middle of st margarets park,jumping on a certain persons head

• 3 weeks later...

Miss McKenzie the social science teacher was without a doubt the biggest loon since Hitler.

Mr Still, where were you for detention on Tuesday.

What detention Miss McKenzie?

Oh I don't know maybe I told my cheese grater instead.

There were defo some teachers there during my time that were doing more drugs than the pupils - Miss McKenzie(senile dementia prescription) and Kenny McArthur(toak central) being the two prime candidates.

Some good times but mostly, I detested secondary. Mr Lakin was without a doubt the most vile teacher ever, hope he caught something nasty.

Yip, green and white stripe strips - we were around the first era to go from cotton ones to trendy "bri-nylon" ones!

Yes remember beer lorry incident at the roundabout! (hic! )

- wild teachers, surely miss Jerome (4ft tall american English teacher) has to be in there somewhere...

Connor the art teacher was wayward genius / psycho all wrapped in one - brilliant artist though.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

My connections with Forrester are:

My oldest brother went there for about 3 months in late 73/74.

I played two seasons for Forrester RFC. I suffered my cruciate ligament injury playing for them.

They were a good, friendly club to be associated with.

Funnily enough Mr Wilson told me about that beer story the other day when he mistook my can of Relentless for a can of beer. Said the pupils never got in too much trouble but he never let them out of his class to go to the toilet.

Archived