Forrester High School

this_is_my_story

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to think of an old teacher who was Home Ec in first year. Old school loony tune that she was..

was it not Mrs Mcdowell ?

Trying to think of an old teacher who was Home Ec in first year. Old school loony tune that she was..

was it not Mrs Mcdowell ?

Might be mate. Best way to describe her would be "Old school"

or Mrs Rioch she was a utter witch like. Everytime i was in that class i got chucked out she just hated me for some reason

McDowell was the right old boot in home ec.

Rioch was actually my reggie teacher in 5th year/6th year I think.

Didnae mind her to be fair, but then I was well behaved.

;)

this_is_my_story

Right, my somewhat hazy memory needs jogging here... who was the absolute nutcase of a headmistress, retired circa '87 IIRC? Seem to remember a leaving ceremony held for her in the big PE hall. She was a right fruitcake.

Templeton Peck
If your talking about the same teacher as I'm thinking of, her daughter was in my year - and you'd have railed that anaw.

;)

That was Mrs Cullen, although her daughter's surname was Simpson. The difference in name suggests to me she was a bit of a go'er.

You must have been in the year above me.

Templeton Peck

The Mr Mcgeachy "banging a bird in a car up Pinkhill was my favourite" rumour.

Someone wanted to write about that story in our yearbook and it was me who got hauled up infront of Rambo Wison and told to edit it out. I told him to stick it up his @rse, thinking back it was probably out of jealousy as he was nailing Miss Laing. Because of that our year only got a photocopied yearbook as the school would not support it.

good lord!!! can't believe how many on here are fellow ex-forrys kids!!!

recognise a couple of names from my time there, miss laing from french, mister wilson from maths.

when i was there, there were some serious bammers on the staff. a mr skilling in biology who was a madman, mr eggo in history who was a psycho, and the biggest bammer of all... a mr donald in maths who used to get some serious amount of pish ripped out of him, leading him to go berserk on a regular basis. also the technical department teachers used to beat the living s*** out of us with wooden bats... after corporal punishment had been banned!!!

anyone else remember suicide fitbaw? a real man's game.

That was Mrs Cullen, although her daughter's surname was Simpson. The difference in name suggests to me she was a bit of a go'er.

You must have been in the year above me.

That's the one.

I was 89-95.

There are a few total bammers that haven't even merited a mention yet....

Mrs Ellen in English- absolute nutter. Would take any opportunity to show you the video of her on Going for Gold which "she won on the Monday, but then lost her way on the Friday final" - still never seen the Friday video!!

Mr McPherson in English - told anyone who would listen that he would have been a professional golfer if he hadn't been told that playing left handed was wrong, and he should play right handed. Bitter old man....

'Robocop' Clapperton - what a f*d!!

Mr Cuthbert in Music - despite being ginger he was actually a pretty good laugh!!

I agree with Mrs Findlay - definately would have.....

jamboinheaven
There are a few total bammers that haven't even merited a mention yet....

Mrs Ellen in English- absolute nutter. Would take any opportunity to show you the video of her on Going for Gold which "she won on the Monday, but then lost her way on the Friday final" - still never seen the Friday video!!

Mr McPherson in English - told anyone who would listen that he would have been a professional golfer if he hadn't been told that playing left handed was wrong, and he should play right handed. Bitter old man....

'Robocop' Clapperton - what a f*d!!

Mr Cuthbert in Music - despite being ginger he was actually a pretty good laugh!!

I agree with Mrs Findlay - definately would have.....

mrs ellen all you had to say to her was miss how was australia nd that was the 40 mins gone magic,we played a trick on her where someone asked her to ask me if my mum still played piano,i burst into pretend tears saying my mum had no fingers SHAME

No way - there was a female Geography teacher who's name escapes me, who was ****ing hopeless! Every class was a free for all until Mr Lowe came to sort it out.

:)

If it was in Mr Lows' time it was probably Miss Ross/Mrs Castles she couldnt control anyone, Mr Hope was my reggie teacher and he was cool, always encouraged us not to attend on last day of term so he could sit in the staff room with perv Mr MacFarlane and Mr Lakin and smoke fags, he used to refer to the more mumsy of the female teachers ie Mrs Dingwall, Mrs Smith, Mrs Beaver and Mrs Beresford as "Yoghurt Pots".

Mr Cruikshank did play for Scotland Schoolboys, my uncle played in the team too and so did a certain "Ginger Hibby" from Muirhouse.

Prior to Peter "dont take drogs" Peace's attempt to take Social Education we were treated to the wonder that was Miss MacKenzie aka "Rubberlegs", when her retirement was announced at the end of year assembly it was met with a cheer.

I hated my HE teacher Mrs Calder and was unhappliy stuck with her for 4 years, in 2nd year we were tasked with making rissoto and on following the recipe to the letter one lad in my class decided to add his own "juices" where water was called for, once completed he even asked her if she would like to taste his fayre :eek: she deserved it!

this_is_my_story

recognise a couple of names from my time there, miss laing from french, mister wilson from maths.

when i was there, there were some serious bammers on the staff. a mr skilling in biology who was a madman, mr eggo in history who was a psycho, and the biggest bammer of all... a mr donald in maths who used to get some serious amount of pish ripped out of him, leading him to go berserk on a regular basis. also the technical department teachers used to beat the living s*** out of us with wooden bats... after corporal punishment had been banned!!!

There's another I'd almost forgotten about! Aye he was a bammer, but in a likeable kind of way, I thought. :)

Templeton Peck

Two things i remember about Mr Peace. He was a linesman and two he was on the front of the News Of The World for knocking off a pupil at Royal High. In the same story there was a link to his days at Forries and a suggestion he left for the same reason. (And the pupils mum)

this_is_my_story
If it was in Mr Lows' time it was probably Miss Ross/Mrs Castles she couldnt control anyone, Mr Hope was my reggie teacher and he was cool, always encouraged us not to attend on last day of term so he could sit in the staff room with perv Mr MacFarlane and Mr Lakin and smoke fags, he used to refer to the more mumsy of the female teachers ie Mrs Dingwall, Mrs Smith, Mrs Beaver and Mrs Beresford as "Yoghurt Pots".

Mr Cruikshank did play for Scotland Schoolboys, my uncle played in the team too and so did a certain "Ginger Hibby" from Muirhouse.

Prior to Peter "dont take drogs" Peace's attempt to take Social Education we were treated to the wonder that was Miss MacKenzie aka "Rubberlegs", when her retirement was announced at the end of year assembly it was met with a cheer.

I hated my HE teacher Mrs Calder and was unhappliy stuck with her for 4 years, in 2nd year we were tasked with making rissoto and on following the recipe to the letter one lad in my class decided to add his own "juices" where water was called for, once completed he even asked her if she would like to taste his fayre :eek: she deserved it!

Aha! That's the nutcase I was thinking of in post #56! That was a rather humourous moment when her retirement was announced!

Even though the accusations were deemed unfounded there was always something weird about Peter Peace, he always volunteered for duty at the school discos and got changed into John McEnroes 70's cast offs - creepy!

Mr MacFarlane was just a ****bag, he got pulled up for making inappropriate remarks to a girl in my year (who is now a police officer) and got away with it which then left him to do what he did and only got Community Service - just wrong!

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Suicide fitbaw now your talking,I remember a certain hobo having to attend A+E after one game:)

Eggo,Donald nutters I remember them Stobbie(maths), Buchan(french)OMG and a certain Instrual(maths)and Ross(pe)thought they were hardmen.

Laing the French teacher was a cracker 30 year ago but she always hated wee man warren because he spoke fluent french.

Pentland ruled ya bass.

I currently attend the school and am in the pupil council....10 of us are going to the building site on thursday... if you would like i could report my findings here :)

Mr Macarthur and Mr Wilson still teachin us! So is Mr Buchanan, Mr Black, and Mr lakin

Suicide fitbaw now your talking,I remember a certain hobo having to attend A+E after one game:)

Eggo,Donald nutters I remember them Stobbie(maths), Buchan(french)OMG and a certain Instrual(maths)and Ross(pe)thought they were hardmen.

Laing the French teacher was a cracker 30 year ago but she always hated wee man warren because he spoke fluent french.

Pentland ruled ya bass.

i remember one boy getting taken to the hospital right enough. i also remember another guy (school nerd type) getting a pasting for being the last person to touch the 'ball' when the bell went, as was allowed in the 'rules'.

and it wasn't me.... not that time anyway.

future is maroon

Was the mad geography teacher not Miss Cassells or something like that. Miss Smith was a geography teacher there too in my time there thought at the same time as Miss Cassells.

Some of the craft and design teachers were a bit different shall we say.

Goodmorningmrfisherman
i remember one boy getting taken to the hospital right enough. i also remember another guy (school nerd type) getting a pasting for being the last person to touch the 'ball' when the bell went, as was allowed in the 'rules'.

and it wasn't me.... not that time anyway.

Were you at forries when the lad fae cackieknowe got plaine at woodwork over his napper?

Another funny at time blood everywhere and Rankin ****ting it.

Were you at forries when the lad fae cackieknowe got plaine at woodwork over his napper?

Another funny at time blood everywhere and Rankin ****ting it.

i don't recall that but i do recall a guy getting acid all over his nether regions and having to sit in a sink to let water run over the affected area.

i think my techy teacher was named paterson. he was a really good auld boy but kept skelping us with a wooden bat for no reason.

Mr Lakin was a total radge n all ...

Catchphrase " im just nipping to the photcopier " .... for a 10 pack of benson mair like ...

came back in reeking of tobacco.

Mr Rankin - if i went in to his class to borrow a pen i was made to ask for it in French even though i took German ..... total tool.

Mrs Laing - was a dirty bart goor !!!!

Mr Cruikshank - the lad from the terminator.

Mrs Tuckerman - was about 143

Mr Bratby -- Why you late for my class ( in a yorkshire accent )

Mr Abby - Paul Bearer that is epic.

a few others who used to take the register are now ON a register - and cannot be a teacher any longer, if you smell what im cooking

Templeton Peck
Was the mad geography teacher not Miss Cassells or something like that. Miss Smith was a geography teacher there too in my time there thought at the same time as Miss Cassells.

Miss Ross became Mrs Cassells of the geography dept. The only time i felt sorry at school was when we spent our last geography class in 4th year ripping up our jotters and chucking them about paying no notice to her. She announced at the end of the class "good luck with your exams, i'm going into hospital tomorrow"

Reminds me of the science teacher in Chewin the Fat.

Miss Mackenzie - total nutjob, got the nickname Davros.

Mrs Baillie- mod studies- used to get soviet weekly and try to convert everyone to communisim. never the same after the berlin wall came down!

anyone remember a pe teacher called Randak? had the nickname randy -was a creepy guy.

Shaky Taylor - a legend. no-one would ever help him with the experiments as it would usually end in chemicals spilt everywhere.

used to be regular paggers with the next door neighbours - seem to remember a few buses getting stoned .

I was there from 71-74. Oh Happy Days LOL

I remember Stobbie trying to hit me in the face with the belt after I refused my punishment, I grabbed the belt off him and tried to ram it down his throat, I only got away with it as Mr Taylor (History Teacher) saw Stobbie trying to hit me. :eek:

Also, do any of you older guys remember the beer lorry crashing at the bottom of Broomhouse Road ? They had to close the school a wee bit early that day as most of the pupils were reekin !!!! :rolleyes:

Mr MacArthur, Mr Wilson (both of them) and Mrs Laing are all still there however i have no idea what you guys seen in her!

She takes the base now so no longer a french teacher.

Also don't know how you can forget Mrs T though. She retired a couple of years ago.

So she's a teacher and she's openly going about taking drugs? They get away with anything these days.

I always liked Mr Abbie. He was a cool guy - you could have a good laugh with him.

He also reminded me of the Paul Bearer from the WWF :P

Mr Abbey was always a guy I thought would be a bad teacher to have, then I got him for Hugher English in 6th year. Him: "Where were you yesterday, boys?" Us: "Couldn't be bothered Mr Abbey, just went home" Him: "That's fine."

I failed Higher English.

Mr Smith - art teacher - Had a roof ledge outside his room, one of the guys used to climb out the window onto it and walk round banging on the other classes windows. Worst I done to him was put pencil sharpenings in his coffee. He'd just sit there and continue to sip away at it.

Mrs Smith - geography - had a hard time of it with her asthma and general abuse. She'd walk into class and the whole room would erupt into shouts of '****** BULGE', tables and chairs would get tipped up, it was like a riot. Early retirement I believe.

Mr Hope - geography - looked like Splinter from the Turtles. Always puffing away and had horrible yellow fingers.

Mr Macarthur - English - had a song for everything and once pushed one of the guys in my class head first into a radiator for a joke. Was my favourite teacher. Used to talk about how if you put your finger in your belly button it stinks.

Mr Buchanan - French - would scratch his baws with his pinkie while writing on the blackboard then sniff it thinking noone could see what he had just done.

Mr Blair - CDT - had a hot daughter that went to Auggies.

laikin= total nut job that man was

cruikshank =complete knobber

wilson(football) was sound until he banned me from the team for the rest of my school days.

mcarthur= sound

but to be honest i spent more time with wellie than anyone else and i have to say his digs in the ribs,shins,back or any where he could hit sorted me out more than any detention or other punishment could he was actually the best teacher i had there

Mr Anderson!

Should have stuck to being a PE teacher as he is absolutely HOPELESS.

Also you guys saying you would do Mrs Findlay NO WAY!!. She is probably my favourite teacher though. Even if Accounts is dire.

'Scotland' will agree with me that a certain guidance teacher would out do both Findlay and Laing. Anybody have Mrs Pontin for french?

Mr Jamieson from English?

Mrs Baillie is still there as well as Mrs Lauder, McGeachy left officially but has no life so still comes in to give a helping hand. Pete Strachan from RME, good guy. Mrs 'MacLean from Geography who has now actually married Mr Clapperton the old HT. Mrs Dobson is also still there along with Mrs Ramsay from music. The Music head Mr Morrison left and then actually died a couple of years ago. He was the one who set up that exchange to America.

Mr Blair from CDT also still works there however Hunter from Art left a couple of years ago as well as Mr Smith who was pretty bad at controlling a class. He also had Peadophile rumours surrounding him after apparently having a picture of his student on his computer.

He also drank from a cup of tea full of pencil sharpenings.

Note the pencil sharpenings are not the same ones Soop is talking abouit. Clearly this was some kind of ritual for Forries pupils.

Templeton Peck

Forries had a good school exchange with Silverlake outside Boston but never went back after the time i went in '94. My brother went years later to a different area.

Story was like good Scot's abroad, the school lent the Forries lot money which was pocketed and never paid back.

Impossible.

All the poofs in the area got sent to Craigie.

;)

*Slips pool ball into sock*

Peasants.

:P

gordon the jambo

went their my self good bit before you not a bad old school moved up to craigmount when it first opened that was even better JUNGLE RULES:107years:

mrs mckenzie. we locked her in the cupboard one day, she went mental

mr conner ( art teacher ) he wasnt bad for a jehovas witness

mrs smith , geography i think, always smelt of whisky

anyone remember the mr mcarthur song..

arthur mcarthur brown bread , who shaggged your daughter , our fred , what colour was his balls , bright red , how the feck do you know.....IM FRED

my boy gets him now , and usually sings it

My claim to fame was nearly breaking his leg in the comic relief charity match. My god he went down like a sack of spuds that afternoon.

Last I heard we were still the only year undefeated against the teachers (although there was a bit of controversy late on, if only someone had put the nets up properly the last minute winner would have stood)

Forries had a good school exchange with Silverlake outside Boston but never went back after the time i went in '94. My brother went years later to a different area.

Story was like good Scot's abroad, the school lent the Forries lot money which was pocketed and never paid back.

'94 was the year i went.

What area are you from?

I was at the official opening of Forries as a first year pupil!

And if your from Broomhouse then you'll have known the first person to be expelled ;)

Mr Lakin was a total radge n all ...

Catchphrase " im just nipping to the photcopier " .... for a 10 pack of benson mair like ...

came back in reeking of tobacco.

Mr Rankin - if i went in to his class to borrow a pen i was made to ask for it in French even though i took German ..... total tool.

Mrs Laing - was a dirty bart goor !!!!

Mr Cruikshank - the lad from the terminator.

Mrs Tuckerman - was about 143

Mr Bratby -- Why you late for my class ( in a yorkshire accent )

Mr Abby - Paul Bearer that is epic.

a few others who used to take the register are now ON a register - and cannot be a teacher any longer, if you smell what im cooking

Mr Ranking - total knob!!! A guy in my class went rifling through his drawers when he was out the classroom and found a German magazine of the top shelf variety in his drawer..............I suppose he could argue he bought it for the articles!!

Templeton Peck
I wasn't at Forrester ... but ... is it true Les McKeown was expelled for taking a dump in a lift ?

I think it was a lift in a dump.

Grannies beware.

jamboinheaven
I wasn't at Forrester ... but ... is it true Les McKeown was expelled for taking a dump in a lift ?

rumour was that was graeme souness

rumour was that was graeme souness

Just checked with a mate and he confirms Les McKeown was the perp ... or is that parp ?

I know a guy who swears he caught Les McKeown sh**ging a dog in a stair in Broomhouse in the 70's.

An actual dog before the inevitable jokes start.

Swears blind it's true.

Archived