'The Kick' by Stewart

:shitwine:

Not denying that he did it and deserved to go (preferably in a manner that didn't make the officials look silly), but I read the article from todays Sunday Mail, saying "when you see the video and the pictures, you'll agree with the decision". I have yet to see any pictures (and pictures can be vague when showing things like this), and Setanta's cameras missed the incident. Can the media see things we can't? :mw_confused:

McPherson also says the 'pictures clearly show that there was a kick from Stewart that almost took out two of my players'

cheating turd

jamboinglasgow
Not denying that he did it and deserved to go (preferably in a manner that didn't make the officials look silly), but I read the article from todays Sunday Mail, saying "when you see the video and the pictures, you'll agree with the decision". I have yet to see any pictures (and pictures can be vague when showing things like this), and Setanta's cameras missed the incident. Can the media see things we can't? :mw_confused:

got the sunday mail today, after reading their article it seemed that there was only 5 mins of football in the game, as 90% of the article seemed to be about the "incident." And made out the incident was a vicous assualt by Stewart.

I would love to see the incident again to see if it was as bad as i thought at the time, i thought it was a shocker when i seen it, McPherson must have a video somewhere he said on radio after game he had seen it on tv. Where?

got the sunday mail today, after reading their article it seemed that there was only 5 mins of football in the game, as 90% of the article seemed to be about the "incident." And made out the incident was a vicous assualt by Stewart.

I was appalled by this tripe article. Did they have to bring up nonsense about Phil O Donell to make Michael Stewart seem like some kind of monster?

Francis Albert
What was the O'Donnell reference?

"...too often his hair-trigger temper has sparked needless disciplinary raps, particularly his shameful display against Dundee United in January. That game, the first SPL match since Phil O'Donnell's death, was supposed to be carried out in the spirit of sportsmanship and give football a sense of perspective. Instead it turned into a shocking rammy ..."

Stewart is an idiot but not only are linesmen and fourth officials exceptionally observent at Hearts games, but so journalists have exceptional powers of vindictiveness when it comes to Hearts players. I mean, no other player has offended against sportsmanship since O'Donnell's death.

Jam Tarts 1874
"...too often his hair-trigger temper has sparked needless disciplinary raps, particularly his shameful display against Dundee United in January. That game, the first SPL match since Phil O'Donnell's death, was supposed to be carried out in the spirit of sportsmanship and give football a sense of perspective. Instead it turned into a shocking rammy ..."

Stewart is an idiot but not only are linesmen and fourth officials exceptionally observent at Hearts games, but so journalists have exceptional powers of vindictiveness when it comes to Hearts players. I mean, no other player has offended against sportsmanship since O'Donnell's death.

I have written to the Sunday Mail to complain about Euan McLean's comments about the game at Tannadice.

When it comes to "sportsmanship" at that game, was it not Noel Hunt who tried to rip Zaliukas' head off before Zali reacted (without making any contact)? Was it not Robson who dived thus getting Wallace sent off? If the Sunday Mail reply I will let you know.

When will this story get ramped up to a full on GBH attack by MS?

it seems a kick has grown into lashing out, into a viscous assault....

Drylaw Hearts

MS kicked, lashed out and then topped it off with a shove.

He needs to go to Anger Management classes asap.

MS kicked, lashed out and then topped it off with a shove.

He needs to go to Anger Management classes asap.

Yep,

He needs to stop seeing himself as the linchpin of the team, Mr fantastic who single handedly wins us the game.

Because simply he is not. He is good on his day, and a liability off it.

Other players just become anonymous when they are not playing well, he gets himself sent off.

I think he has anger issues, but I also think he considers himself vital to the team and what makes us tick...I dont think he is reliable enough to be that person.

So he either accepts some days he wont be as influential as he thinks he should be and stop himself getting annoyed when he isn't influential ....(ironically improving his ability to help the team by staying on the park)...or he stops himself getting annoyed and therefore see's himself as less influential because he cares less about being the influential person but actually becomes more influential by not getting set off....see ;)

Drylaw Hearts
Yep,

He needs to stop seeing himself as the linchpin of the team, Mr fantastic who single handedly wins us the game.

Because simply he is not. He is good on his day, and a liability off it.

Other players just become anonymous when they are not playing well, he gets himself sent off.

I think he has anger issues, but I also think he considers himself vital to the team and what makes us tick...I dont think he is reliable enough to be that person.

So he either accepts some days he wont be as influential as he thinks he should be and stop himself getting annoyed when he isn't influential ....(ironically improving his ability to help the team by staying on the park)...or he stops himself getting annoyed and therefore see's himself as less influential because he cares less about being the influential person but actually becomes more influential by not getting set off....see ;)

I'm in complete agreement with you Dr B.

:)

gorgie rd eh11

Chick Young, who was at parkhead at the time, was on the radio banging on about Hearts fans defending the indefensible. Hadn't seen the incident but had made up his mind. The scottish football media = old firm rim lickers.

john brownlee

express reporter has given the fool GBH by MS all over the st mdden player like a rash. Also reported that he (MS) " lunged with arms legs and knees everywhere at him", according to will haning

and of course banner headlines "Jambo star sent of after shameful love st lunge."

like so many people I never seen the incident. but so many seem to have seen the mysterious TV images where are they can, we please see them so we can judge for ourselves how bad it was.

Chick Young, who was at parkhead at the time, was on the radio banging on about Hearts fans defending the indefensible. Hadn't seen the incident but had made up his mind. The scottish football media = old firm rim lickers.

He hadn't seen the incident and presumably, as he was at Parkhead, he probably also hadn't spoken to or heard anything from any Hearts fans either.

That man just opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble. Does anyone take him seriously? Anyone at all?

What amazes me is that although the cameras missed, probably 90 per cent of the fans missed it, yet all the journos apparently saw it. If they were so intent on watching Stewart they couldn't have been following the game very well.

This incident really is quite bizarre notably the fact surrounding the number of people who have watched video/picture evidence. Evidence which to date doesn't appear to exist. So as such Stewart is charged as guilty on the evidence of 1 of the 4 officials who may have been influenced by the school clipe, sorry St. Mirren manager.

Hearts have 7 days to appeal the red card if for example Stewart denies the charge,although we would naturally look pretty stupid if someone unearthed video evidence.

Could Hearts appeal until the evidence is provided or, should they be taking out a court injunction demanding that St. Mirren provide the video evidence before any disciplinary action can be taken against Stewart.

He has previous of being a hot head but more of the sly kick, hand in the face type rather than UFC Champion the arms and legs this incident is growing.

Soon, there will have been 100,000 people claiming to have been at Love St, the day Michael Stewart attempted to murder Hugh Murray.

What amazes me is that although the cameras missed, probably 90 per cent of the fans missed it, yet all the journos apparently saw it. If they were so intent on watching Stewart they couldn't have been following the game very well.

not only the journalists but also gus mcpherson and the 4th official.

as has been confirmed by quite a few people on here, mcpherson was instrumental in getting the 4th official to intervene, which he did.

so that must mean that mcpherson (or one of his staff who he trusts implicitly) must have seen it clearly....... or did they?

so that must also mean that the 4th official saw it clearly........ or did he?

can any of us really, really and honestly state that the st.mirren bench AND the 4th official saw the incident so clearly that they could both be absolutely certain about what happened? sorry but i have serious doubts about that.

if not, that means at least one person is cheating their arse off here.

Soon, there will have been 100,000 people claiming to have been at Love St, the day Michael Stewart attempted to murder Hugh Murray.

i liked that :D

stated by scotland today sport... "the referee, linesmen and tv cameras missed the incident".

so where is this mysterious tv evidence that some people have seen?

maybe there IS tv evidence but it's being withheld.

who really knows? who can be trusted to be honest about it?

Dont appeal the ban and let him prove his worth to the team before he gets back in.

Bar the first handful of games in the last two seasons, he's played like he has his slippers on.

gorgie rd eh11
stated by scotland today sport... "the referee, linesmen and tv cameras missed the incident".

so where is this mysterious tv evidence that some people have seen?

maybe there IS tv evidence but it's being withheld.

who really knows? who can be trusted to be honest about it?

If there was tv evidence, and it was as clear cut as is being made out, i'm sure we would have seen it.

If there was tv evidence, and it was as clear cut as is being made out, i'm sure we would have seen it.

exactly. none has been forthcoming.

so why then did certain characters in the press seemingly suggest that TV pictures confirmed the seriousness of the incident.

a cartoon reconstruction of the incident maybe?

exactly. none has been forthcoming.

so why then did certain characters in the press seemingly suggest that TV pictures confirmed the seriousness of the incident.

a cartoon reconstruction of the incident maybe?

They did a reconstruction of it on crimewatch.

scott herbertson

sorry to be anti-conspiratorial but I would guess St Mirren film their home matches for analysis - possibly caught on there

They did a reconstruction of it on crimewatch.

that will be the next thing. a page in the daily rioter dedicated to all hearts wrongdoings.

crimewatch lithuania.

I heard the wee clowns vindictive comments as well, a "know all" to the highest degree ,

around the same time he said that clarkson had to go as he seen him elbow the celtic player. everybody else said clarkson had stuck a hand out and caught the guy in face ,who went down as if he had been shot by a sniper in the crowd.

How come only one msp tried to break the wee naffs leg , utter disgrace

Well it's certainly not on the BBC highlights so its likely it wont be on tonight.

There was a camera behind the goals on the online highlights, surprised this never caught it as it was high up and bang in the middle.

Any way, as has been reported, St Midden may have been filming it, if this is the case could the sfa or hearts ask for that footage?

Captain Lithuania
There was a camera behind the goals on the online highlights, surprised this never caught it as it was high up and bang in the middle.

Any way, as has been reported, St Midden may have been filming it, if this is the case could the sfa or hearts ask for that footage?

I watched the BBC highlights, never seen it, I will watch again though.

48 hours on and not a peep out of the club or stewart

come on Mikey, at least have the decency to release an apology

nobody is biting yet. :)

around the same time he said that clarkson had to go as he seen him elbow the celtic player. everybody else said clarkson had stuck a hand out and caught the guy in face ,who went down as if he had been shot by a sniper in the crowd.

And then when interviewing McGhee afterwards he sympathised over the "harsh" sending off! Hypocrytical a***-licker that he is.

48 hours on and not a peep out of the club or stewart

come on Mikey, at least have the decency to release an apology

Is your real name Charles Young?

nobody is biting yet. :)

So you dont think 1) that stewart should be severaly punished my the club and 2) he owes the fans and his teammates a public apology?

So you dont think 1) that stewart should be severaly punished my the club and 2) he owes the fans and his teammates a public apology?

Severely punished?

Public apology?

The St Mirren player wasn't even badly injured so I can maybe see your point from that perspective.

Also, his dismissal inspired the rest of the team to go on and take all three points.

stirlingshirejambo

I wasn't lucky enough to be at the game but listened to the on line commentary. Jim Duffy clearly stated he had not seen the incident at the time. Billy Dodds then apparently said he had seen Stewart take a swipe at St Mirren player then lashed out with a foot.

Duffy then quantified it by saying he believed him(Dodds) as Stewart had left the field "sheepishly" therefore assuming guilt.

Fast forward to Duffy on Setanta when asked if he had seen incident ha agreed he had and that Stewart deserved to go due to his inexcusable behaviour.

I have not seen the incident but as other posters have intimated Stewart was indeed guilty of improper conduct. The sending off is not my gripe it is the inexcusable lies of the media who claim to have seen something they haven't to ad substance to the story.

JIm Duffy you are a liar and a cheat

Why would some one who hasnt seen it think he should be punished.

i stand corrected, now you are getting some bites. :)

Lay of the Land

Wasn't Stewart a booking away from an automatic ban anyway?

The sending off will probably mean 3 matches in the stands and the SPL will probably find some excuse to increase the punishment.

I wasn't at the match but I understand (from reading this forum and others) that he deserved the red.

Malinga the Swinga
express reporter has given the fool GBH by MS all over the st mdden player like a rash. Also reported that he (MS) " lunged with arms legs and knees everywhere at him", according to will haning

and of course banner headlines "Jambo star sent of after shameful love st lunge."

like so many people I never seen the incident. but so many seem to have seen the mysterious TV images where are they can, we please see them so we can judge for ourselves how bad it was.

Perhaps Will Haining should have been concentrating on the game, instead of watching some incident yards from the ball. The Herald reported that Stewart lunged at player with head, knees, arms and legs. Pity it wasn't on camera as it sounds like a full blooded karate attack. I'm surprised the St Mirren player is still living after such a brutal attack. Maybe Celtic will hold a minutes applause for him at their next home game, after all, it is the Celtic way.

I've just watched the "highlights" on Sportscene, hoping there might be more to see than there was on the web-site.

What now puzzles me is that Jonsson's goal is replayed with a view from behind up the full length of the pitch, so there must have been a camera behind the goal Hearts were attacking when the Stewart incident took place. How did this not pick up the red card incident?

marshallschunkychicken
I've just watched the "highlights" on Sportscene, hoping there might be more to see than there was on the web-site.

What now puzzles me is that Jonsson's goal is replayed with a view from behind up the full length of the pitch, so there must have been a camera behind the goal Hearts were attacking when the Stewart incident took place. How did this not pick up the red card incident?

It most likely did.

I'm in the 90%+ that have not seen the incident but watching the highlights I struggle to comprehend why Mikey would have got involved. He'd just ripped the guy up for arse paper and went on a 30-40 yard run with Murray in his wake.

I know he's a hothead and if the 10% say he deserved to go then I'm happy with that but could St Mirren be withholding their pictures because Murray may get in trouble? Surely he must have provoked Mikey in some way which the 4th official conveniently missed???

FWIW if the officials as a team get these decisions right then I'm all for it but until the assistant or the 4th official intervenes at Ibrox or Celtic Park to deny one of them a penalty or issue a red card then its bollox to their inconsistency as far as I'm concerned.

I was always against this paranoia crap but it's becoming clear we are the biggest team they can pick on with the media's backing. When was the last time a ref got stick in the paper for a disgraceful decision against Hearts?

Seymour M Hersh

As guilty as Stewart may be of his misdemeanour the press all seem to have seen the incident that TV seemingly missed and have crucified Stewart for it where the vast majority (players, tv, fans and officials ) were following the ball that was at Drivers feet by the time the incident took place. Amazing eyesigt these hacks have!

But what always gets me is the initial perpetrator Murray has escaped scott free. He has admitted clipping Stewarts ankles although swears it was an accident. Hmmm sure pal. I think that attempted trip was shown on TV in the run up and it did not look like an accident.

Still MS has been a sending off waiting to happen imo for the last few games and perhaps a reserve will step up to the plate given this opportunity.

marshallschunkychicken

What I found interesting is that Bruno seems to be indicating to McCurry to speak to the fourth official about something he has seen. When the red comes out for MS he is furious.

I'm intrigued to know what Bruno wanted corroboration on.

What I found interesting is that Bruno seems to be indicating to McCurry to speak to the fourth official about something he has seen. When the red comes out for MS he is furious.

I'm intrigued to know what Bruno wanted corroboration on.

Yes indeed. If we can discard the 'MS = liability' angle for a bit then you have to ask why, given it was attempted murder by all media accounts, has MS not simply walked off in shame after receiving the card ...........and why is Bruno going nuts also ?

Having not been there I also cant understand how MS has got involved with Murray again ..............seeing as he had left him in his wake 5-10 yards back ?

And surely the pair of them are now in the 'action zone' and the ref would / should have spotted any argy-bargy of note ?

Ally Alexander

If St Mirren have footage then it is not admissible as evidence as it is not an "official" recording. If you remember, the SFA did not allow refused Hearts to submit their training film of the Hartson/Webster elbow incident for this reason!

Archived