Youth Cup Tomorrow

JAYEL

Hearts v Queen of South at Tynecastle.

Seen this on another thread but could not find it to bump.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1447610,00.html

Think i will pop along after the Service and a couple of beers.

Should be a good potential crowd out and about tomorrow to cheer on the lads.

Someone said it was free entry for season ticket holders tho it does not say that on the link.

Lets keep the weekend rolling.

:)

Hearts v Queen of South at Tynecastle.

Seen this on another thread but could not find it to bump.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1447610,00.html

Think i will pop along after the Service and a couple of beers.

Should be a good potential crowd out and about tomorrow to cheer on the lads.

Someone said it was free entry for season ticket holders tho it does not say that on the link.

Lets keep the weekend rolling.

yeah its free for season ticket holders and ?1 for kids !!!

I am taking my wee 4 year old lad along tomorrow for his first ever Hearts match ! Mon the little JT's !! :)

Is this cup tournie the ideal opportunity for all JT supporters to see what the youth system is producing ?

Many pass comment but admit to not having seen many youth games.

Not bad! Any idea of the crowd? I totally forgot about the game today, I was considering going :(

Some fantastics skills on show today from the young lads.

Really good football on display even though the opposition looked a bit younger.

Stand outs for me in a team that looked assured were Thomson , Deland , Stewart and Mulrooney.

Only managed to survive the cold till half time tho.

Footballfirst

There were around a couple of hundred folks who braved the cold, but were rewarded by a good performance from the youngsters. Seven goals from seven different players, you couldn't ask for much more.

The team played well at a pace and tempo that the QOTS lads couldn't cope with. No outstanding performances but the midfield and strikers played well.

They played very well indeed. First time i have seen any of these players but i can say most have a good chance of making the grade at first division or higher.

I thought number 6 (Johnny Stewart?) controlled the game very well, winning all the 2nd balls and keeping his passes simple. Balatoni and McGowan strolled through the game but then they werent up against much.

Husband came off the bench and looked very confident and assured, sort of reminded me of a young Stephen Simmons.

Attendance was 235! A Brilliant performance!

Even Ridgers the keeper was good when called upon!

Not often said in a 7-0 win!

Charlie-Brown
They played very well indeed. First time i have seen any of these players but i can say most have a good chance of making the grade at first division or higher.

I thought number 6 (Johnny Stewart?) controlled the game very well, winning all the 2nd balls and keeping his passes simple. Balatoni and McGowan strolled through the game but then they werent up against much.

Husband came off the bench and looked very confident and assured, sort of reminded me of a young Stephen Simmons.

It was interesting that Hearts kept the kids with some first team experience on the bench (J.Brown, Husband & R.Wallace) and didn't bring them on until the game was already won.....anyway our U19's played some excellent stuff and showed quality all over the pitch, the fullbacks C.Thomson & Deland got up & down the pitch tremendously and contributed towards the goals, centre backs D.McGowan & Balatoni strolled through the game and won all their headers & challenges, the midfield three of Mulrooney, Woods & Johnny Stewart showed tremendous energy and some great passing - Johnny Stewart dictated much of the game, wingers McKenzie & Wagner tormented the opposing fullbacks and got a goal each whilst centre forward Mark Cowan also scored a good goal and was prominent in our attacks with tremendous hold up play and enabling others to support & create chances.

It was interesting that Hearts kept the kids with some first team experience on the bench (J.Brown, Husband & R.Wallace) and didn't bring them on until the game was already won.....anyway our U19's played some excellent stuff and showed quality all over the pitch, the fullbacks C.Thomson & Deland got up & down the pitch tremendously and contributed towards the goals, centre backs D.McGowan & Balatoni strolled through the game and won all their headers & challenges, the midfield three of Mulrooney, Woods & Johnny Stewart showed tremendous energy and some great passing - Johnny Stewart dictated much of the game, wingers McKenzie & Wagner tormented the opposing fullbacks and got a goal each whilst centre forward Mark Cowan also scored a good goal and was prominent in our attacks with tremendous hold up play and enabling others to support & create chances.

Pretty accurate view of things.

I would like to see Husband, J Stewart and J Brown (Glen and Rapnik to) get some game time from the bench during the course of the season.

Toxteth O'Grady

Cheers for the report Charlie, I couldn't make it today but it sounds like the boys did really well.

On what I've seen in the past,( of the age group that played today) Mikey Deland and Conrad Balatoni look to be good be good prospects although some of the others could be good too.

I think it's really hard to judge the youngsters because it's difficult to know, who looks good because they really are good, or if they look good just because they are just a bit more physically advanced than the rest.

Hope that make sense:)

Charlie-Brown
Cheers for the report Charlie, I couldn't make it today but it sounds like the boys did really well.

On what I've seen in the past,( of the age group that played today) Mikey Deland and Conrad Balatoni look to be good be good prospects although some of the others could be good too.

I think it's really hard to judge the youngsters because it's difficult to know, who looks good because they really are good, or if they look good just because they are just a bit more physically advanced than the rest.

Hope that make sense:)

It was the best I've seen this group of kids play Toxteth, I think they enjoyed playing at Tynie and turned it on to show the crowd what they are capable of, I hope we get another couple of home draws as these kids look capable of emulating the 1993 group of Locke, Ritchie, McManus, Thomas etc.

Archived