Mikey Stewart

i8hibsh

Firstly I would like to congratulate the team on a job well done today. They might just have earned their huge salaries.

Now, Mikey Stewart. A half decent player but I do not care. The guy is a liability.

I have never known a more dirtier player. How often is this guy going to let us all down? His thoughlessness, over zelous petulance is now become just that one time to many for me.

I would never pick this guy. If it wasn't for his team mates today he would have cost us the game.

I'm sick of it!! We are likely to end each game with 10 men!! we are poor enough as 11 for god sake.

Bye Mikey

rudi must stay
Firstly I would like to congratulate the team on a job well done today. They might just have earned their huge salaries.

Now, Mikey Stewart. A half decent player but I do not care. The guy is a liability.

I have never known a more dirtier player. How often is this guy going to let us all down? His thoughlessness, over zelous petulance is now become just that one time to many for me.

I would never pick this guy. If it wasn't for his team mates today he would have cost us the game.

I'm sick of it!! We are likely to end each game with 10 men!! we are poor enough as 11 for god sake.

Bye Mikey

think it's a bit of an overreaction to get rid of him. We just need to get him to calm down and think before he does something daft.

Bye Mikey

What a load of pesh.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Michael Stewart is a passionate guy of decent ability. I believe if he could channel that aggresion a bit better he would improve as a player and stop putting his team and team mates under pressure. But binning him is not the answer.

What a load of pesh.

Please at least substantiate that!!

What part exactly is pesh?

The guy gets a booking EVERY game!!!

Guest juvehearts

Bye Mikey

Weere U at the game today?

he skined 4 players got barged outside the box, we got a corner & the 4th official interviened & sent him off.

NEVER IN MY LIFE have i seen a 4th official come onto the pitch & reverse a decision of the referee who was only 2 years away.

and you wonder why we think the sfa are out to get us?

GIRFU 1-0.

If he were Lithuanian, He'd have collected a lot more sendings off than he has. He also wouldn't be getting cut the slack that he currently is.

I bet Stewart is shoe horned straight back into the team after his suspension is up.

Grrrrrr.

:rolleyes:

completely agree with the OP, the guy is a liability and has done very little creatively in recent weeks. He gives the ball away cheaply then hacks everyone in sight trying to rectify his mistakes. After all this time his temperament is STILL suspect. Stick him in the reserves until he learns to control himself.... but unfortunetely I dont think he ever will.

Bet you we play better and have a more harmonious team on the park without him.

The fact of the matter is that with his current temperment he is not going to achieve anything in football.

If he was able to cut out the destructive element of his game then he could go on to have a good career where he could possibly establish himself as a Scotland regular and perhaps even get a move to a bigger club.

As it stands though, he seems destined to become a journey man much in the mould of someone like Gary Mcswegan. A player that spends the latter days of his playing career at a series of mediocre SPL outfits before dissapearing into retirement despite the early promise at the start of his career.

It would be a shame because I don't think it would be fair for anyone to deny that he can bring alot to this Hearts side but he just doesn't seem able to remove the negative elements from his game.

Please at least substantiate that!!

What part exactly is pesh?

The guy gets a booking EVERY game!!!

Its all pesh.:hobofish:

Bye Mikey

sorry big man but you're going over the top there.

stewart has that streak in him but so do a lot of players.

he will learn eventually.

I'm glad he's missing next game tbh. He goes off and we win the game.

He's not ready for an international call up either (remember he was including in the squad at some point- naw danger now)

Stewart had his chance with us in 04-05 I can't understand why we resigned him from a smaller club.:(

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
sorry big man but you're going over the top there.

stewart has that streak in him but so do a lot of players.

he will learn eventually.

You were mentioned on BBC today bud!

Bye Mikey

I like you, mate, but sometimes i wish you'd count to ten before posting threads after a game.

Stewarts sending off, IMO, was soft. It appears he was silly, but he meant no harm to the team and he's always the one who's battling for us all. We have won the game in the end and that's what matters.

Stewart is a very ordinary player with poor discipline. I thought we played considerably better in the second half today without him than the first half - which says quite a lot really.

Generic Username

People were creaming their pants week in week out when Brellier was picking up bookings left, right and centre for mauling people.

Mikey gets sent off today, couple of booking previously and now someone wants us to bin him?

He's not the worlds greatest player and he can be unbelievably frustrating at times (stealing the ball, beating a couple of players then passing it back to the opposition - grrr) but you can't for one second question his commitment and desire to play and do well for Hearts.

He's exactly the kind of guy you want to have around.

Behave yourself with this talk of getting shot of him.

People were creaming their pants week in week out when Brellier was picking up bookings left, right and centre for mauling people.

Mikey gets sent off today, couple of booking previously and now someone wants us to bin him?

Haha.

The difference being of course, Brellier knew what he was good at and he performed well regularly. Stewart on the other hand has had 3 good performances this season (That matches his total for last season btw) and spends the whole game (should he last that long, how many times was JB sent off compaired to MS, what length of period were they both here for?) telling everybody it was their fault.

Without wishing to repeat myself, After Tannadice in January, Michael Stewart should not have played for this club again.

The Scottish Zaliukas.

A fecking liability.

Never really been a fan of mickey stewart always wants the ball but then looks suprised to receive it. Can be a decent player on his day but thinks he is a hell of alot better than he is.

To compare him to brellier is laughable.

maybe if he died his hair it would calm him down. he is more than old enough now and should be leading by example but he continues to let us down when we need him. i do not doubt his effort but he channels it wrongly. also where was his booking last week against smeltic when we really needed him to get in about it.

Generic Username
Never really been a fan of mickey stewart always wants the ball but then looks suprised to receive it. Can be a decent player on his day but thinks he is a hell of alot better than he is.

And a thread suggesting we get rid of him isn't?

I know they are both totally different players but for people to get worked up that Stewart has picked up a few bookings, yet a few seasons ago no one would bat an eyelid about someone like Brellier constantly getting booked is just utter crap.

Stewart does the hard things well and messes up the easy things, it is frustrating but he's (Celtic game excluded) fighting for the cause. Love it if we brought in someone better or went 4-4-2 and had Bruno with A.N other in the middle but I'm happy to hang on to him for now.

Wouldn't really care if he left.

The OP's right.

For all those thinking he's going to grow up one day, he's pushing 28. He's always been a hot head, can't see that changing now.

Brellier was a liability always diving in and putting the team under pressure. yet some people on here seem to think he was a player. get over it he was very very ordinary.

He could not even shine in a murder norwich team. Where is he playing just now?

Stewart maybe a passionate player but he ain't very good. He proved it last week with his performance against selkick. International fringe player - what a joke.

rudi must stay
Brellier was a liability always diving in and putting the team under pressure. yet some people on here seem to think he was a player. get over it he was very very ordinary.

He could not even shine in a murder norwich team. Where is he playing just now?

he was definatly over-rated, saying he was a liablity for us though is abit too far. We rarely lost when he was in the team. As for him shining in a team that wasn't the type of player he was, he won the tackles to start the attacks.

And a thread suggesting we get rid of him isn't?

I know they are both totally different players but for people to get worked up that Stewart has picked up a few bookings, yet a few seasons ago no one would bat an eyelid about someone like Brellier constantly getting booked is just utter crap.

Stewart does the hard things well and messes up the easy things, it is frustrating but he's (Celtic game excluded) fighting for the cause. Love it if we brought in someone better or went 4-4-2 and had Bruno with A.N other in the middle but I'm happy to hang on to him for now.

agreed that is maybe jumping the gun a bit.

they are completely different types of bookings though. Brellier put in solid challenges and went through players. Stewart just gets booked most of the time for stupid little fouls and generally just being a bit of a dick. As I say Brellier was really physical this usually led to a few bookings but he was always under control as opposed to mickey who just loses the head. No comparison imo.

I like his passion, and tbh he is playing in EXACTLY the way any of us would for the club, especially with some of the dross not pulling their weight.

He does need to channel his rage though, because it costs us, and him, too often.

Also, as angry as we are with him, I bet he is at least as angry with himself as well.

I'd take 11 Mickey Stewarts in the Hearts jersey every week over what we have now.

Think about it.

I'm still thinking about it, Hercule.

11 players who perform for the opening 3 games of the season and then stop?

11 players who attempt to pass the ball to a team mate at an impossible height/speed and then blame everyone else for the ball going out of play?

11 players who spend the whole afternoon shouting and screaming at no one in particular every time we concede a goal?

Still, he plays for the jersey eh?

He's pish, that's why the Hobos signed him from us and we signed him back. If he were so good, he wouldn't be back here.

The Scottish Zaliukas.

A liability.

Think about it eh.

Well I feel better I didn't think this week 18 would have anything to make him feel sick. But now everything in the world is back to normal, thank God for Mikey Stewart.:present:

Weere U at the game today?

he skined 4 players got barged outside the box, we got a corner & the 4th official interviened & sent him off.

NEVER IN MY LIFE have i seen a 4th official come onto the pitch & reverse a decision of the referee who was only 2 years away.

and you wonder why we think the sfa are out to get us?

GIRFU 1-0.

Gus McPherson by all accounts was instrumental in getting Mikey sent off.

Was him who moaned to the 4th official.

wasnt at the game today,but tbh,know what Mikey is capable of ,doesnt surprise me in the least that he let the team down yet again.

If you kick out,your off.

Cant blame the sfa all the time.

3rd red card in 60 odd appearances.:sad:

he was definatly over-rated, saying he was a liablity for us though is abit too far. We rarely lost when he was in the team. As for him shining in a team that wasn't the type of player he was, he won the tackles to start the attacks.

Personally I think Brellier was under-rated in Burley's team. For me he was the most important player as he let the others have the freedom to go forward. He had a great engine and chased eveything covering for the girlies like Hartley and Skacel. :rolleyes:

He isn't great but right now he's one of our better players. Hopefully (long shot I know) we can get some better players in then I'd be content with having Mikey in the team as a squad player.

Mikey can easily be replaced by a calmer, more level headed player.

Mikey out, Bruno in.

Mikey out, Ruben in.

Mikey out, Eggert in.

Mikey out, Larry in.

Rudolf's Mate

How many goals did Jullian score???

You are always going to get people running him into the ground because of his discipline however MS is a very good player. He just needs to screw the nut some times.

Mikey is a bit of a problem.

On one hand he can put in a couple of cultured performances and then follow them up with 3 or 4 really gash ones.

I didnt see what happened today but do know that Mcflurry gave a corner and was up with play. I then know that something happened in the box but to me it seemed to be unrelated to MS as he stood alone on the edge of the box while the incident was on the goal line and I think it was with Nade and the keeper. Then McFlurry seemed to hold his ear piece as did the far side linesman who could not possibly have had a view and the conversed I believe. He then re pointed to the corner so nought came of that, however wee gus who was out of his technical area and stood on the line was waving his hand furiously throughout all of this. If you had gave him a scarf he would have done a great "twirly".

The fourth official then came over to the line after a long time and this attracted McFlurry to him and he came over and there was a discussion. The linesman on the stand side who was covering this half of the park did nothing and made no attempt to get involved. Mikey was then sent off so I conclude that Gus made the fourth official get involved and I am unsure if he is allowed to.

To balance it up I have spoken to someone who was not watching the ball but Mikey Stewarts run and he believes Mikey clatterd the boy.

His petulance is a prob and I mentioned to my mate just before that he spends more time pointing and telling others what to do that concentrating on his own game. Could be good if he could get his performances in check but I always feel he is likely to get send off and frankly I didnt pick him in my team prior to the game simply for the petulance thing. Dont get me wrong I think he wants the best for HMFC and on his day can be a player but he showed unfortunately how far behind he is v Smeltic where they had 4 midfielders on show all better than him.

Paranoia time but I was told that the fourth official had gone inside and watched it on the perminent Setanta monitor at Love St. Dont know if this has any credability but he was certainly nowhere to be seen at first then got involved...certainly hope not

How many goals did Jullian score???

You are always going to get people running him into the ground because of his discipline however MS is a very good player. He just needs to screw the nut some times.

Don't get what this has to do with anything- he was a defensive midfielder! :wacko:

He allowed the other more attack minded players in the team to get forward and score a barrel load at that.

How many as mickey scored? a handful at best.

More to the point how many times did Brellier let the team down or give away silly balls? Next to nothing compared to stewart. Stewart either plays hot or cold and if hes not on the top of his game(which only really happens occasionally ie few games at start of season) he is usually running about like a headless chicken and despite being 'a trier' he isn't doing anything constructive, he is also prone to crap passes and losing possesion.

While they are slightly different players you are not actually trying to tell me Stewart is a better player than brellier? or you'd rather have stewart in the team than julien?

I like you, mate, but sometimes i wish you'd count to ten before posting threads after a game.

Stewarts sending off, IMO, was soft. It appears he was silly, but he meant no harm to the team and he's always the one who's battling for us all. We have won the game in the end and that's what matters.

I totally agree that many of my posts are knee jerk.

His sending off today may have been harsh but he will get sent off probably 3 more times this season.

He is a sure bet for it

He is a decent player, and i love,respect and appreciate his passion but we are gonna be in a battle this season and we need 11 men EVERY game

If we are playing well and winning then MS is generally on top of his game. However when things are going against us then he seems unable to control his emotions. This is something he needs to work on but until we get someone better to get rid of him is not a option IMO.

Charlie-Brown
If we are playing well and winning then MS is generally on top of his game. However when things are going against us then he seems unable to control his emotions. This is something he needs to work on but until we get someone better to get rid of him is not a option IMO.

Correct! :)

I totally agree that many of my posts are knee jerk.

His sending off today may have been harsh but he will get sent off probably 3 more times this season.

He is a sure bet for it

He is a decent player, and i love,respect and appreciate his passion but we are gonna be in a battle this season and we need 11 men EVERY game

Me and a few mates have a laugh about stewart and his customary(sp) booking.

He is always playing on the edge not what we need when linesman refs 4rth officials dont like us

You were mentioned on BBC today bud!

good god. presumably the 'online' gadge on the sportscene results programme? if it was in reference to kickback then it would be myself, if it was the EEN then it will be saddest man in the universe... sir gay the phantom cloner.

Rudolf's Mate
Don't get what this has to do with anything- he was a defensive midfielder! :wacko:

He allowed the other more attack minded players in the team to get forward and score a barrel load at that.

How many as mickey scored? a handful at best.

More to the point how many times did Brellier let the team down or give away silly balls? Next to nothing compared to stewart. Stewart either plays hot or cold and if hes not on the top of his game(which only really happens occasionally ie few games at start of season) he is usually running about like a headless chicken and despite being 'a trier' he isn't doing anything constructive, he is also prone to crap passes and losing possesion.

While they are slightly different players you are not actually trying to tell me Stewart is a better player than brellier? or you'd rather have stewart in the team than julien?

You made reference to MS not being able to lace Brellier boots. Whilts JB was one of my favourite players, I think the comment by yourself was somewhat harsh! Agreed you can exactly pit them both against each other by virtue of golas scored however you made a comment and the relevance I used was by using both players in the same sentance.

I also remember after JB got offloaded that the amount of people on here sayig thank god and so on due to the amount of bookings.... I was not one of them.

Stewart is not consistent enough however to talk about offloading him when there are another 6 or more players doing worse in the team seems a bit excessive.

But that's just my opinion!

You made reference to MS not being able to lace Brellier boots. Whilts JB was one of my favourite players, I think the comment by yourself was somewhat harsh! Agreed you can exactly pit them both against each other by virtue of golas scored however you made a comment and the relevance I used was by using both players in the same sentance.

I also remember after JB got offloaded that the amount of people on here sayig thank god and so on due to the amount of bookings.... I was not one of them.

Stewart is not consistent enough however to talk about offloading him when there are another 6 or more players doing worse in the team seems a bit excessive.

But that's just my opinion!

Not me mate. maybe you've got me confused with another poster?

All I said was Brelliers bookings were due to him being a robust player as opposed to mickey losing the head or picking them up for silly fouls i.e kicking out unnessecerily. But agreed I wouldn't go as far as saying we should get rid of him. Least till we have better options.

Stewart deserved to walk today no question. For any who think otherwise there was nothing soft about it either.

My immediate reaction when i seen the incident at love street was he's away. I was amazed that the ref and linesman didnt see it, it was as blatant a kick at a player as i have ever seen. How the eventual decision was arrived at is frustrating given that many people seem to think Gus Mc Pherson had a hand in it but when the fourth official spoke to the ref there was only going to be one outcome.

Stewar has had his chance in my opinion, he can play well but he is too volatile and not worth the risk anymore.

Do the journo's have a live ffed of the game in their box so they can watch replays?

Becuase it is weird that very few fans seen the incident, both Hearts and Saints, but all the journos seemed to have seen it.

This isn't me defending Stewart as it may well have been a deserved red (Not seen a replay yet).

Archived