Mikey Stewart

i8hibsh

Apart from the Motherwell game on the opening day, I struggle to think of a good game Stewart has had this season - he's just not good enough. The fact that we looked like a better team in the second half yesterday without him in the team speaks for itself.

I honestly thought Csaba had got that side of Stewart's game out of his system.

I guess not.

It is clear though, that compared to last season- Stewart's temperment has been much better.

This is a big setback and Stewart should be to told in no uncertain terms that it isn't good enough and more of the same will result in being emptied.

MackaysCentreSpot
I'm still thinking about it, Hercule.

11 players who perform for the opening 3 games of the season and then stop?

11 players who attempt to pass the ball to a team mate at an impossible height/speed and then blame everyone else for the ball going out of play?

11 players who spend the whole afternoon shouting and screaming at no one in particular every time we concede a goal?

Still, he plays for the jersey eh?

He's pish, that's why the Hobos signed him from us and we signed him back. If he were so good, he wouldn't be back here.

The Scottish Zaliukas.

A liability.

Think about it eh.

I think you sum it up rather nicely.

The only thing I would add is that you would probably end the game with very little players left on the field if you played 11 Michael Stewarts.

Do the journo's have a live ffed of the game in their box so they can watch replays?

Becuase it is weird that very few fans seen the incident, both Hearts and Saints, but all the journos seemed to have seen it.

This isn't me defending Stewart as it may well have been a deserved red (Not seen a replay yet).

Id like to know the answer to that question too, Gus Mcpherson said that he had seen it in the tv/video when he was interviewed after the game and said that there was a clear kick. Where did he see it on tv/video no one else has?

Firstly I would like to congratulate the team on a job well done today. They might just have earned their huge salaries.

Now, Mikey Stewart. A half decent player but I do not care. The guy is a liability.

I have never known a more dirtier player. How often is this guy going to let us all down? His thoughlessness, over zelous petulance is now become just that one time to many for me.

I would never pick this guy. If it wasn't for his team mates today he would have cost us the game.

I'm sick of it!! We are likely to end each game with 10 men!! we are poor enough as 11 for god sake.

Bye Mikey

Maybe it needs Csaba to come out and say that he needs more protection from the Officials for his players by taking a leaf out of Gordon Strachan's book after their midweek encounter with Kilmarnock.

It appears with their game s yesterday Clarkson elbowed a Celtic player in the face and was sent off but Radio Scotland spent at least five minutes airtime with Strachan and then McGhee saying how unlucky he was to be sent off.

If McCurry had given the foul against Murray as he was impeding Stewart then it is quite possible the incident would never have happened.

If Stewart did in fact kick out then he deserved to go but there is no way that a fourth official would have got involved had an old firm player done the same as Stewart.

Haha.

The difference being of course, Brellier knew what he was good at and he performed well regularly. Stewart on the other hand has had 3 good performances this season (That matches his total for last season btw) and spends the whole game (should he last that long, how many times was JB sent off compaired to MS, what length of period were they both here for?) telling everybody it was their fault.

Without wishing to repeat myself, After Tannadice in January, Michael Stewart should not have played for this club again.

The Scottish Zaliukas.

A fecking liability.

Agree.

The St Mirren fans called for it as soon as it happened. You can hear that on the highlights.

And the people on the benches and in the press box had a better view than us behind the other goal. As they were looking across the pitch they would have been able to watch both the ball and Stewart's run/tangle/kick.

I didn't see it as I was watching the ball/Driver.

Stewart's 27 now. There's really no excuse for him still having this side to his game.

I think that some people go a bit over the top about how poor he is, but other than three fantastic performances at this season, and the exact same last season, he's really pretty average. Not terrible, average.

I really think the club should have publically censored him and fined him.

All things considered it seems well accepted he completely unncessary kicked out and got sent off, this will have financial implications for the club re SFA fines and points as well the footballing issues.

Its not even the first or second time its happened either

The guy is a liability, and even his 5-10 good games a season dont justify it.

A severe fine followed by termination if he does it again, he looked to be repaying the faith shown to him in the summer with the option being granted, but the last few weeks he has fallen back to the poor liability he was for most of last season.

Guest JamboRobbo

Mikey Stewart should've been severely disciplied when he did similar at Gretna last year, and told in no uncertain terms that his behaviour was unnaceptable and a repeat would be unnacceptable.

Mikey Stewart should've been severely disciplined when he did similar at Dundee United last year, and told in no uncertain terms that his behaviour was unnaceptable and a repeat would be unnacceptable.

Mikey Stewart should be severely disciplined for what he did at St Mirren on Saturday, and told in no uncertain terms that his behaviour was unnaceptable and a repeat will be unnacceptable.

Anyone see the pattern here yet?

I expect Mikey Stewart to get a similar sending off sometime around March or April 2009.

Drylaw Hearts

I expect Mikey Stewart to get a similar sending off sometime around March or April 2009.

Hopefully for another Club.

I was heartened by Csaba's strong words on the need for discipline at the start of the season. Unfortunately, it's another area where his actions have not matched the rhetoric. Well on our way to another record fine next summer.

Mikey Stewart should've been severely disciplied when he did similar at Gretna last year, and told in no uncertain terms that his behaviour was unnaceptable and a repeat would be unnacceptable.

Mikey Stewart should've been severely disciplined when he did similar at Dundee United last year, and told in no uncertain terms that his behaviour was unnaceptable and a repeat would be unnacceptable.

Mikey Stewart should be severely disciplined for what he did at St Mirren on Saturday, and told in no uncertain terms that his behaviour was unnaceptable and a repeat will be unnacceptable.

Anyone see the pattern here yet?

I agree with most of that, but the sending off against Gretna was extremely harsh. and later got downgraded to a yellow.

If we win on Wednesday, he should be kept on the bench for a few games, so he can suffer the consequences of suspension. Zaliukas should be the same (well, he should be dropped altogether). They'll both likely be straight back in though, which is the problem.

I was heartened by Csaba's strong words on the need for discipline at the start of the season. Unfortunately, it's another area where his actions have not matched the rhetoric. Well on our way to another record fine next summer.

to be fair, two of the three red cards this season have been undeserved (and i'm assuming Stewart's was merited as I haven't actually seen the incident on TV). We're also picking up less stupid bookings.

to be fair, two of the three red cards this season have been undeserved (and i'm assuming Stewart's was merited as I haven't actually seen the incident on TV). We're also picking up less stupid bookings.

We've already had four I think: Miko, Jonsson, Zal, and Stewart.

Not sure which of those were undeserved.

Mikey and his big brother read this forum I believe

Let's hope Mikey reads and takes serious notes.

We as fans find his discipline unacceptable. The Hearts 'mangement' obviously do not have a problem with it but we do(the people that should matter)

For those who say he is poor however are very much wrong

Stewart is a pretty decent player, but because of his discipline (or serious lack of it) I wouldn't even have him warming the bech

And he wants to be captain!!!!! you are having a laugh.

We've already had four I think: Miko, Jonsson, Zal, and Stewart.

Not sure which of those were undeserved.

I forgot about Jonsson's. Miko's was undeserved imo, as his first booking was very soft. Zaliukas's, although a blessing, was undeserved as it should have been offside.

Making players captain can have a very positive effect on them. Look at Cantona, a discipline nightmare until made captain. Not that I am comparing him footballing wise to Mikey.

I agree with most of that, but the sending off against Gretna was extremely harsh. and later got downgraded to a yellow.

If we win on Wednesday, he should be kept on the bench for a few games, so he can suffer the consequences of suspension. Zaliukas should be the same (well, he should be dropped altogether). They'll both likely be straight back in though, which is the problem.

He will not be available to sit on the bench until the Inverness game as he misses three games due to previous bookings added to his latest red card.

He misses the Hamilton, Falkirk and Rangers games which are all at home, hopefully we can perform without him.

Archived