Is Heart of Midlothian still the Heart & Soul of Edinburgh?

Craigieboy

Is Heart of Midlothian still the Heart & Soul of Edinburgh?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is Heart of Midlothian still the Heart & Soul of Edinburgh?

• Yes. Always will be
    • No. The Romanovs have tarnished the club for good

I've been browsing through the superb new Hearts merchandise catalogue & noted the now popular expression - The Heart & Soul of Edinburgh. The club seem to be using it everywhere & I for one like it.

The question is; do you still view Hearts as 'the heart & soul of Edinburgh', despite the actions of the Romanovs over the past couple of years?

Guest JamboRobbo

I believe we've been the Heart and Soul of Ediburgh for over 100 years.

It's only recently that we've had to bother using that phrase in order to say so. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

I've been browsing through the superb new Hearts merchandise catalogue & noted the now popular expression - The Heart & Soul of Edinburgh. The club seem to be using it everywhere & I for one like it.

The question is; do you still view Hearts as 'the heart & soul of Edinburgh', despite the actions of the Romanovs over the past couple of years?

Given all we do for the community, such as many coaching courses for kids, support Musselburgh races, the breakfast club, the free strips for Primary 3s and free entry to the games, and our yearly rememebrance Service amongst others, I think we are.

boabyarsebiscuit

Given how subdued our support was on Sunday, when we were playing a team most us hate more than any other club, I am not so sure. If the people who actually attend matches cannot "get up" for a fixture like last Sunday's against Celtic then, however you want to spin it, something's not right.

The support seems to have lost it's "heart". And Romanov has tarnished our collective "soul".

Just my opinion.

Given all we do for the community, such as many coaching courses for kids, support Musselburgh races, the breakfast club, the free strips for Primary 3s and free entry to the games, and our yearly rememebrance Service amongst others, I think we are.

Given how subdued our support was on Sunday, when we were playing a team most us hate more than any other club, I am not so sure. If the people who actually attend matches cannot "get up" for a fixture like last Sunday's against Celtic then, however you want to spin it, something's not right.

The support seems to have lost it's "heart". And Romanov has tarnished our collective "soul".

Just my opinion.

I think both these comments answer the question i.e. in some ways we are, but when it comes to the bread and butter of the business of football the fans are fed up and are apathetic.

Charlie-Brown

Just my opinion.

There wasn't any lack of atmosphere at Easter Road though boaby only a couple of weeks before - i think Celtic's 2 early goals and Hearts poor start & performance killed the game before it had really began.

boabyarsebiscuit
There wasn't any lack of atmosphere at Easter Road though boaby only a couple of weeks before - i think Celtic's 2 early goals and Hearts poor start & performance killed the game before it had really began.

Charlie, the away support is probably the hard-core who would follow Hearts through thick and thin. But making a claim to be the "Heart and Soul" of an entire City. Well, in that regard we need to fill out our own stadium and create an atmosphere that gives the impression that Hearts really ARE a team whom the inhabitants of that City would cheer on regardless of what is going on on the pitch. Make visiting fans to Tynecastle think "Hearts really do have a great support", "You know, it's much livelier here than when we played Hibs at Easter Road", etc. Instead of most of us sitting limply sitting back for a whole afternoon while the entire Roseburn slags us off for being "wee huns".

All of the off-field initiatives are great. Although I believe the club should be able to act more respectfully to suppliers, and in contract negotiations and so on.

But as long as we have a home stadium that's like a morgue pretty much week-in week-out, I see the "Heart and Soul" slogan as a marketing jingle, nothing more.

this_is_my_story
"The Heart and Soul of Edinburgh" is a bit of a cringeworthy phrase.

Have to agree slightly... though not as cringeworthy as 'Pride of Edinburgh' as seen on some hibs scarves - that really is a case for Trading Standards if ever I saw one.

"The Heart and Soul of Edinburgh" is a bit of a cringeworthy phrase.

Yeah it is.

Why can't they just say Heart of Midlothian. No need for all that mumbo jumbo.

Believe....Together....Heart and Soul....etc

All make me cringe. Gimmicky American balls. Would much prefer 'The Big Team'.

Ideally nothing at all.

Believe....Together....Heart and Soul....etc

All make me cringe. Gimmicky American balls. Would much prefer 'The Big Team'.

Ideally nothing at all.

Agreed.

This "Together" bollocks really annoys the feck out of me.

We all know its pish yet they still drone on and on about it on the website.

Embarrassing.

Of course it is...and always will be.

Even if (god forbid) we were to disintegrate into a pile of debt ridden 3rd division nonsense, we'd still be the Heart & Soul of Edinburgh. They know it too, and it drives them nuts.

:)

Guest jambomickey
Of course it is...and always will be.

Even if (god forbid) we were to disintegrate into a pile of debt ridden 3rd division nonsense, we'd still be the Heart & Soul of Edinburgh. They know it too, and it drives them nuts.

:)

spot on!:)

Archived