St Midden tomorrow

Sparky

So, any thoughts on the game and our opponents tomorrow?

From my hazy memories of the home game against them earlier in the season, they are pretty much the definition of mediocre.

Saying that though, their home record is 0-0 Hibs, 1-0 Rangers & 1-1 Falkirk so they shouldn't be underestimated. A win for them would put them above us so they'll think they've got a decent chance of a result.

IMHO...

Defensively, Mole scored his only goal of the season so far against them, so they cant be that good;). No matter what defence we come up against our strikers are finding it hard to score so we have to rely on the midfield. St Mirren kept Hibs and Dundee Utd (till 85th min) goalless in their last few games so I fear chances will be at a premium.

They have a well organised midfield but if we can make our superiority count then we can control the centre of the pitch and use our wingers as an outlet. St Mirren are at home so they'll be less likely to sit back and let us play, this should be to our advantage.

Up front they are a nuisance and will try to get through our centre backs with some clever one touch play. It'll be important that whoever comes in for Zaliukas is able to keep the concentration for 90mins (that goes for Berra too).

Forever Maroon

Conceded the least amount of goals by any team this season so far ? enough said, our toothless attack will struggle AGAIN !

Hearts were lucky against them if memory serves me right. A tad harsh red card mid way through the first half and they still made hard work of it. I predict a defeat

gus mcbawface has said he is happy with the way they have played recently.

hearts are hearts.

all signs point to another kick in the jacobs crackers for us.

boabyarsebiscuit

I hope we play well and win.

We'll need to play well. St Mirren are no mugs. Gave us a hard game at Tynie with 10 men for most of the game and beat Rangers at Love Street.

Guest JamboRobbo
The game has low scoring written all over it, a draw or narrow win for either team seems likely?

Pretty sad to say I think you are correct.

Given the relative expenditure of St Mirren and Hearts, this shouldn't be the case. With the money we spend, we should be ****ting on rubbish teams like this. Not going into the game with an equal chance of victory.

Archived