Ewwwwwwwwwwwww :(

Rawrrrrrrr

best in the land
Oh, now that is sad!! Did we have a happy Paul Hartley day last sunday? We should have! :P

no. but i do remember the elvis final.

Guest Dipped Flake

Not sure what the posters problem with this is?? A club decides to honour probably their greatest ever player and this is an issue to Hearts fans????

And as for the poster wishing a double leg break, words fail me

well said DF my thoughts exactly.

hibs and falkirk have fielded a lot of dross over the years but in RL had a player I would have loved to have seen in the maroon over the last 10 years, superb ability on his day.

aside from Craig G I'm no sure who we would honour in a similar fashion anytime soon; perhaps reflective of the pish we've been signing for a good while now and the animosity the current regime whip over every departure.

hibs and falkirk have fielded a lot of dross over the years but in RL had a player I would have loved to have seen in the maroon over the last 10 years, superb ability on his day.

aside from Craig G I'm no sure who we would honour in a similar fashion anytime soon; perhaps reflective of the pish we've been signing for a good while now and the animosity the current regime whip over every departure.

Neil McCann, Steven Pressley, Craig Gordon, Gary Naysmith, David Weir, John Robertson, Gary Mckay, John Colquhoun, Craig Levein, Dave Mcpherson, Stephane Adam, Gary Locke

all players of the last 10-20 years who I would happily honour, yes latapy is a good player but his day is still a boke fest as far as I am concerned.

Guest Dipped Flake
Neil McCann, Steven Pressley, Craig Gordon, Gary Naysmith, David Weir, John Robertson, Gary Mckay, John Colquhoun, Craig Levein, Dave Mcpherson, Stephane Adam, Gary Locke

all players of the last 10-20 years who I would happily honour, yes latapy is a good player but his day is still a boke fest as far as I am concerned.

I would happily honour these players you mention as well (apart from David Weir) but think you will find that there is a link between them all.....In case you can't find it, they are all Hearts players, while Russell Latapy is a Falkirk player. I just don't understand why what Falkirk decide to do to recognise one of their players upsets you so much???

I would happily honour these players you mention as well (apart from David Weir) but think you will find that there is a link between them all.....In case you can't find it, they are all Hearts players, while Russell Latapy is a Falkirk player. I just don't understand why what Falkirk decide to do to recognise one of their players upsets you so much???

Because I despise Russell Latapy

Is it really that unreasonable despising him?

I think not, toddle on, I hope his day is ruined :)

Because I despise Russell Latapy

Is it really that unreasonable despising him?

I think not, toddle on, I hope his day is ruined :)

8,736 mingin' posts.

Totally agree,

Whenever we play Falkirk, I worry when he is on the ball.

your list is a fair retort Prance but interestingly most if not all will already just be names to a whole new generation of young jambos raised on the stodgy fayre of the last few years. my point is that there is at present and has not been for a couple of years any comparable talent in maroon or heroes for us to admire. Indeed everytime we've been close to one they've been cashed in for a quick buck typically under the cloud of bad PR care of the current admin.

its developing or indeed diverting the original topic slightly admittedly, but all i'm saying is i'm quite jealous of a club like falkirk being able to have a harmless day celebrating the longevity of a decent pro who's honoured the club with some tidy football. Perhpas a kitsh (sp) throw back to the old days and from an ever more bitter and cynical jambo perspective its easy to knock but fair play to them. He's maybe not our cup o tea as one who typically does well against us but you can surely at least see he's a decent player who's served his respective cubs well. I'm just jealous we have had no comparable in recent years and appear unlikley to have soon given curent regime and their approach to signing players and 'building a team'.

I think a few folk are missing the point

I am not saying he is a bad player, quite the opposite, however I despise him as a player due to the hibs connection and also the trouble he causes us, and frankly I think the day is going to be a total bokefest.

Can one not dislike a former hibs player these days or mock an attempt to honour him

Apparently Latapy is away home in January to take up a coaching role with T&T

Has anyone emailed them with an idea?

We should have a kickback competition for the winning idea :)

Mines isnt suitable for publication:rolleyes:

fair play P,

probably just me being too old, cynical and depressed to the point that i cannae even see a bit of hibs baiting for what it is and without getting all maudlin about the state of our shambles at present.

pretty sure Latapy would take it in the spirt it was meant if anyone fancies going along and sending him off with one final taunting in the usual 'you h*** b******' fashion.

Archived