Saviour Robbie is nearly back!

heartsfc_fan

We'll be better when he's back in the side. Good news.

:fing10:

Coco, your unstinting loyalty to RN is admirable, if somewhat misguided.

He's mince!

Coco, your unstinting loyalty to RN is admirable, if somewhat misguided.

He's mince!

Average of 2 goals per game conceded in each game since he got injured and went out of the team pre-split last year.

Average of 2 goals per game conceded in each game since he got injured and went out of the team pre-split last year.

Couldn't agree more.

Robbie has some experience that we need

I'm no fan of Neilson however since he has been injured I can only concur with your comments Coco.

Which means I have either under-rated Neilson or his replacements have been spectacularly poor. (I think Jonnson is wasted at RB, even although i think he has done ok...)

WOO HOO!!

Long live " The Tackle"

:jambobanana:

The fact that a defender, who has been at the club for 10 years, is known for 1 tackle - albeit an important one - says it all for me.

It's like John Robertson been known as "The Goal" :eek:

jambos are go!

Great News for the right hand side of our defence. Not so good for the left hand side because if previous experience is a guide all the opposition will be largely attacking down that side. Enough said.

Couldn't agree more.

Robbie has some experience that we need

Agree as well. He also knows what it means to play for the team!!

Generic Username

It pains me to say it but I'd not crumble if Robbie came back in at right back.

I'd feel a lot happier with a defence of;

Wallace, Berra, Karapidis, Neilson.

Rather the Polish lad (who's name escapes me at the moment) or The Egg was playing in the defensive midfield role.

Maybe when he is fully fit and in contention for a starting 11 place we might see the return of players playing in their proper positions...

...or not.

It pains me to say it but I'd not crumble if Robbie came back in at right back.

I'd feel a lot happier with a defence of;

Wallace, Berra, Karapidis, Neilson.

Rather the Polish lad (who's name escapes me at the moment) or The Egg was playing in the defensive midfield role.

Maybe when he is fully fit and in contention for a starting 11 place we might see the return of players playing in their proper positions...

...or not.

Mworiec (or something)

The People's Chimp
I'm no fan of Neilson however since he has been injured I can only concur with your comments Coco.

Which means I have either under-rated Neilson or his replacements have been spectacularly poor. (I think Jonnson is wasted at RB, even although i think he has done ok...)

I think you've under rated robbie. For example you say Jonsson has done ok; yet robbie will come in and improve the side.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Nah, He is actually just pish.

wow, what a contribution. I can't wait until your next post.

Defence is better with Robbie in it. Fact.

Well, the stats would actually back that up - we finished 8th last year with 'The Tackle' playing for almost the whole season.

I would concede that he's marginally better than what we've been playing at RB - a raw youngster and a converted midfileder - but IMO he's nowhere near good enough.

As soon as he's back in - watch the number of threads rocket on here and people in the Wheatfield Stand should get ready to duck! :)

The fact that a defender, who has been at the club for 10 years, is known for 1 tackle - albeit an important one - says it all for me.

It's like John Robertson been known as "The Goal" :eek:

Hmm,just like one of the greatest defenders of his generation being known for one tackle,Bobby Moore.

Or in the same generation against the same player one of the greatest keepers known for one save,Gordon Banks

All were world class tackles/save,there is no doubt about that.

Neilson is terrible. Fact.

And Banks' save from Pele was routine at best.

Both of the above statements are 100% serious.

Hmm,just like one of the greatest defenders of his generation being known for one tackle,Bobby Moore.

Or in the same generation against the same player one of the greatest keepers known for one save,Gordon Banks

Fair play to you - I never thought anyone would manage to find a way to compare Bobby Moore to Robbie Neilson.

Charlie-Brown

Let's see if he is any better under the new manager if he can dislodge eggert, think he will be away soon unless he accepts a new deal on less money

I think you've under rated robbie. For example you say Jonsson has done ok; yet robbie will come in and improve the side.

Yeah, what I mean is though that when Neilson has played I think that he is poor. Although Jonnson has done ok, he hasn't looked as solid (or perhaps I mean comfortable in the position?) as Neilson but when Neilson plays he does my nut in with his three touches to control the ball before hoofing upfield.

I suppose what i am really saying is can we buy a purpose built right back please! (One for the left side would be good too, oh and a striker who can score)

Not a huge robbie fan but my opinion echoes that of some of the other posts. Defence will be better when robbies back, never thought i'd say it :eek:

At the end of last season I thought that Robbie would be away to someone like Killie. I also thought that it would be no great loss, and that we would bring in fresh faces to bolster our incredibly weak squad.

Shows you what thought did!!! Now I hope Neilson gets straight back ino the RB slot and adds a bit of experience to our lightweight backline.

Fair play to you - I never thought anyone would manage to find a way to compare Bobby Moore to Robbie Neilson.

One tackle.

winston churchill

not a son of elvis fan myself.

as for losing goals,i can't think of many from right back area.

wallace and zalhopeless need too hold their hands up.

Neilson is terrible. Fact.

And Banks' save from Pele was routine at best.

Both of the above statements are 100% serious.

Hmm,and you would know,the very fact that Banks save is still spoken about should say all there needs to be said about it.

Fort Vallance

All in truth though, he gets pelters, but I'd be happy to have him back. Could never fault his effort.

Put me in a Hearts jersey and you wouldn't be able to fault my effort either, but I'm useless too.

All in truth though, he gets pelters, but I'd be happy to have him back. Could never fault his effort.

Put me in a Hearts jersey and you wouldn't be able to fault my effort either, but I'm useless too.

Boo! You're rubbish! GTF!

statler_waldorf_02_01.jpg

Nucky Thompson

That's grim if he's anywhere near a first team return:rolleyes: We must be really desperate if we're pinning our hopes on the return of Robbie fecking Neilson.

Hmm,and you would know,the very fact that Banks save is still spoken about should say all there needs to be said about it.

I play in goals twice a week, so yeah, I think I know enough.

Watch it. Ask yourself, "Where would the ball have gone in had Banks not saved it, and where would Banks end up?"

The ball would have gone in, past his shoulder. That would go down as poor goalkeeping. Anyone would expect their keeper to save that header; putting it over the bar was great, but he didn't need to. If he'd pushed it around the post, it'd go down as a decent stop, but no more.

People (like you) have just bought into the hype because it's been shoved down their throats that it was the best save ever. It wasn't.

...Oh, and at 6:53pm, Neilson is still a terrible footballer.

I play in goals twice a week, so yeah, I think I know enough.Watch it. Ask yourself, "Where would the ball have gone in had Banks not saved it, and where would Banks end up?"

The ball would have gone in, past his shoulder. That would go down as poor goalkeeping. Anyone would expect their keeper to save that header; putting it over the bar was great, but he didn't need to. If he'd pushed it around the post, it'd go down as a decent stop, but no more.

People (like you) have just bought into the hype because it's been shoved down their throats that it was the best save ever. It wasn't.

...Oh, and at 6:53pm, Neilson is still a terrible footballer.

Aye,okay then.

No one said it was the best ever,but when even the great Pele has a good word to say about him then he must be at least a bit good.

My whole argument is that Robbie will for ever be remembered "for that tackle",so what he's in very good company in the being remembered "for that.........".

Nae arguments there! :)

Bobby Moore, Gordon Banks and Robbie Neilson?

Can anyone spot the odd one out?

Is this a Dean Shields type question?

Charlie-Brown

B.Moore, G.Banks & R.Neilson.......

2 world cup winners with a 181 caps between them and a guy who was lucky to ever have got his one cap.

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Gordon Banks?

The other two are criminal:runaway:

Agree 100% Coco, Thomson was poor and Jonsson although a good player will never be a right back

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
B.Moore, G.Banks & R.Neilson.......

2 world cup winners with a 181 caps between them and a guy who was lucky to ever have got his one cap.

Stop being so negative.

Negativity is a mind set we have to change in this country. :mad:

Charlie-Brown
I think Robbie will improve the team. Not his biggest fan but also not his biggest critic.

I think it says a lot about the current squad/team that we miss him.

Yes we have nobody to baloon it down the touchline and out of play, nobody to three touch control it before hurriedly passing it forward carelessly or being tackled, nobody to make charlie brown wonder how on earth he got kept on when scott severin, grant murray, kenny milne, andy kirk, roddy mckenzie etc all got released......apparently he is a very nice guy though and his effort and attitude cannot be questioned.

Yes we have nobody to baloon it down the touchline and out of play, nobody to three touch control it before hurriedly passing it forward carelessly or being tackled, nobody to make charlie brown wonder how on earth he got kept on when scott severin, grant murray, kenny milne, andy kirk, roddy mckenzie etc all got released......apparently he is a very nice guy though and his effort and attitude cannot be questioned.

Correct .....................and yes of course I wont tell him to his face that he

is gash, but that human frailty of mine should not allow him to continue to blight my life !

Bobby Moore, Gordon, Banks and Robbie Neilson?

Bobby Moore as he never played for Hearts?:)

Archived