Paddy McCourt/Koki Mizuno

Rawrrrrrrr

Why exactly did celtic sign these 2?

It certainly wasnt footballing reasons, Mizuno possibly commercial reasons, however McCourt is a strange one.

Why would you sign a nobody from the Irish league who couldnt even get a game for Rochdale about 2 seasons ago. Its not even like they have given him a chance.

If they were hearts players under romanovs, rumours would be flying around

It certainly wasnt footballing reasons, Mizuno possibly commercial reasons, however McCourt is a strange one.

Why would you sign a nobody from the Irish league who couldnt even get a game for Rochdale about 2 seasons ago. Its not even like they have given him a chance.

Interesting....no wait, its not.

McCourt was signed to appease traditional fans angry at John Reid's entrance to Celtic Park.

Or more likely because Strachan is a crap manager who rates Gary Caldwell, Adam Virgo and Chris Killen.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I know for a fact McCourt was sent to Parkhead by Desmond Dermot (or is it Dermot Desmond) without Strachans knowledge. First the ginger felly knew about it was when the boy from Shameless turned up at training. Funny because when we do that The Record produce an 8 page pull out!!!!

john brownlee

what has that got to do with us an other attempt at a poo stirring post

and again failed with flying colours if you were a pop singer you would no better than the spekky twins

what has that got to do with us an other attempt at a poo stirring post

and again failed with flying colours if you were a pop singer you would no better than the spekky twins

The Terrace -

Discussion about all things related to football and HMFC

I watched Mizuno play for Celtc reserves and apart from being able to play a decent dead-ball he brings nothing.

I've no idea how he got a work-permit.

As Derry City are my closest team I did get to see a lot of Paddy McCourt. To be fair to him he did stand out head and shoulders above most other players in the LOI which is admittedly a fairly weak league. However even at this level he had a tendency to blow hot and cold and disappear especially in the more physical games. However for a club the size of Celtic the fee paid was not that great and will not amount to much of a loss if it doesnt work out. To be honest if I had heard he was coming to us I would have thought that would have been a worthwhile gamble.

Mizuno on the other hand is just a plain bizarre signing. As far as I know he didnt satisfy the conditions for a work permit but they got one for him pretty easily (surprise surprise).

Toxteth O'Grady

Klimek, Pillowbiter, Kysuis(sp), Ivaskevacius, Barassa and numerous other numpties?

Why did we sign them?

Carl Weathers
Klimek, Pillowbiter, Kysuis(sp), Ivaskevacius, Barassa and numerous other numpties?

Why did we sign them?

They all came from Kaunas, so the link is fairly obvious.

;)

Toxteth O'Grady
They all came from Kaunas, so the link is fairly obvious.

;)

Really? I don't think we should sign anyone else from there, they don't have a very good track record.:rolleyes:

I watched Mizuno play for Celtc reserves and apart from being able to play a decent dead-ball he brings nothing.

I've no idea how he got a work-permit.[/QUOTE]

Because Celtic said "we want that guy"

The panel said "no problem at all, Don't worry about the permit thing and the fact he will add nothing to the SPHell. He is signing for the mighty hoops"

Both clearly signed for commercial reasons, same as Du Wei and Nakamura. Although only Nakamura has proved to be any good. If the SPL had any integrity they would refuse Celtic their next dubious work permit application...

The Old Tolbooth

I've no idea how he got a work-permit.

Oh I think we all know how he got his work permit mate :rolleyes:

Say What Again

Why did we sign them?

Beat me to it.

Patrick Bateman

I'm sure I've seen Paddy McCourt hang around Forrest Road with his pals and a few tins of special brew.

In my opinion, Koki Mizuno was signed purely to give Nakamura a "pal" in an effort to keep him at the club and happy.

If Nakamura leaves the club in January, Mizuno will leave shortly after him.

In my opinion, Koki Mizuno was signed purely to give Nakamura a "pal" in an effort to keep him at the club and happy.

If Nakamura leaves the club in January, Mizuno will leave shortly after him.

That's probably spot on.

Used to happen with Dennis Bergkamp did it not? Everywhere he went Wim Jonk went along too!

That's probably spot on.

Used to happen with Dennis Bergkamp did it not? Everywhere he went Wim Jonk went along too!

We did it as well. Pasquale brought along his mate Stefano and Stephane brought along his brother in law (IIRC) Fabian.

Both clearly signed for commercial reasons, same as Du Wei and Nakamura. Although only Nakamura has proved to be any good. If the SPL had any integrity they would refuse Celtic their next dubious work permit application...

I see the commercial benefit of Mizuno, but what are the commercial benefits of some average irish guy?

That's probably spot on.

Except on a plane;)

From what I've heard they are both decent players. You'd think commercial with mizuno but then they already have nakamura that lends himself to that so really they are just stunting a young players career. Mccourt could probably do a job for quite a few spl sides, I would say bad career move but it depends on how much he cares about playing football. As so often is the case now it'll be more about the money. Don't think he cost them much but still odd all the same.

despite my reply I'd be lying if i said i cared though.

Never mind those pair, what about the ?3m spent on Donati?

Only remembered him as he came on against Man Utd last night.

If Hearts had blown a similar percentage of our transfer budget on a player and he hardly ever played this board would be in constant meltdown - ie Pinilla

Strange how fickle fans are when their team is winning eh?

I know for a fact McCourt was sent to Parkhead by Desmond Dermot (or is it Dermot Desmond) without Strachans knowledge. First the ginger felly knew about it was when the boy from Shameless turned up at training. Funny because when we do that The Record produce an 8 page pull out!!!!

havnt bought or read a paper for about 6weeks becuase of this very reason!!! west coast weegie press ****!!

I watched Mizuno play for Celtc reserves and apart from being able to play a decent dead-ball he brings nothing. I've no idea how he got a work-permit.

Because Celtic said "we want that guy"

The panel said "no problem at all, Don't worry about the permit thing and the fact he will add nothing to the SPHell. He is signing for the mighty hoops"

According to a report in the The Times "Mizuno?s initial request was denied by the Department for Employment and Learning on the grounds that he has not played the required number of international matches but Celtic argued he is a special case.One source told The Times that Mizuno was the most talented player that the tribunal had ever seen."

So now three numpties on a panel deciding 'aye he looks **** hot, likes' is enough for a WP? :confused::confused::confused:

Only in Scotland...

According to a report in the The Times "Mizuno?s initial request was denied by the Department for Employment and Learning on the grounds that he has not played the required number of international matches but Celtic argued he is a special case.One source told The Times that Mizuno was the most talented player that the tribunal had ever seen."

So now three numpties on a panel deciding 'aye he looks **** hot, likes' is enough for a WP? :confused::confused::confused:

Only in Scotland...

That is how all WP's work, including our own Obua

A permit is only granted if they have played in 75% of the last internationals of a team rated above 60th in Fifa - i think its 60th.

If they havent it goes to a panel who decide based on their worth to the scottish game, based on finances, ability, any other relevant factor.

Things which seal them, are youth records, scout reports, financial factors, injuries which hindered their career.

Stick Pat McCourt in prison cell covered in **** and put a rug round his shoulders and he is the double of Bobby Sands.

He will never make it at Celtic, far to lazy. All the talk now is why is he not in the Northern Ireland team. He wasnt good enough when he was playing for Derry City but soon as he signs for Celtics reserves he is good enough :rolleyes:

Paddy McGinty's Goat

patmccourt_203_203x152.jpg

:)

Pat McCourt :P

Pat McCourt_thumb.jpg

Regal Kingston
That is how all WP's work, including our own Obua

A permit is only granted if they have played in 75% of the last internationals of a team rated above 60th in Fifa - i think its 60th.

If they havent it goes to a panel who decide based on their worth to the scottish game, based on finances, ability, any other relevant factor.

Things which seal them, are youth records, scout reports, financial factors, injuries which hindered their career.

I remember when Mizuno got his permit. I believe Billy McNeil was on the panel. ****ing disgrace when you consider permits turned down for teams who would actually play the player week in week out rather than allow them to rot in the reserves.

There should be conditions like they have to play a percentage of games before getting their permit revoked.

Archived