St Mirren match programme

slashishere

Typical go to all that trouble hating them and they go and do so something like that, good on them i suppose :fing10:

SectionDJambo

I know time hasn't healed what happened that day, but maybe we should have moved on anyway. The make up of St. Mirren was so pro Celtic at that time with McGarvey etc. that them allegedly not trying was inevitable.

We should have done our own business at Dundee and sickened them completely. Unfortunately, we didn't.

We also had the chance to get any revenge the next season in the Cup Semi Final, but let St.Mirren beat us, and to make matters worse, McGarvey scored the winner. The Hearts players should have been really fired up for that one but we were very poor. We did, however put Celtic out the Cup in 1987 and won a few League points against them to cost them the Championship that year.

St.Mirren are a different club now with different people,and remember that Hearts have won the Championship twice at Love Street.

I am not saying we should like them, but we shouldn't hate them specifically either.

St.Mirren are a different club now with different people,and remember that Hearts have won the Championship twice at Love Street.

I am not saying we should like them, but we shouldn't hate them specifically either.

bang on!

it was over 20 years ago, and harping on about it the way we sometimes do, makes us sound like hobos!

back on topic though, fair play to the middens. anything that shows people the sacrifices made by us and other clubs, along with every brave man, woman and child who fought through those times as soldier, or family, is only a good thing, and people should never forget that these brave soldiers fought, so that we could enjoy the freedom to play football, disagree with each other, critisise our government..........

well done the middens on printing this in their own program

Dagger Is Back
it is a nice touch.......however........

theyre still lying down bawbags always will be.....sorry my bitterness will forever run deep when it come to them

Spot on - no wee article (yes it's a nice gesture) on MacRaes Battalion is gonna change the fact that they're cheating bawbags!

Spot on - no wee article (yes it's a nice gesture) on MacRaes Battalion is gonna change the fact that they're cheating bawbags!

I totally concur.

I hope Paisley, Dundee and the east end of Ireland, sorry Glasgow drowns in a tsunami.

Nice touch on the programme though.

Nice gesture:rolleyes: But is it only the cynic in me thats sugegsting that they of course wanted it advertised in the hope of increased sales :eek:

John Gentleman
Nice gesture:rolleyes: But is it only the cynic in me thats sugegsting that they of course wanted it advertised in the hope of increased sales :eek:

Tam,

I'm guessing that you're about the same vintage as me (I'm 55) but there comes a time and place where bitterness - for the betterment of our mental health - has to end. With St Mirren's programme gesture, I think the time is now.

St Mirren are not the club that they were in '86. I think we should all acknowledge that, wipe the slate clean, and start afresh.

We can't change the past, but we can certainly influence the future.

Archived