steve gerrard - cheat

3inaBednar

As others have no doubt commented, at least the ref was consistent....

I think to be fair though, the ITV commentator did make a remark about it being a 50/50 and Gerrard jumped into it.

Type 'Steven Gerrard, the hypocrite' into you tube and look at the quote he makes at the start of the clip. (sorry, not sure how to post the link!).

The guy is a cheat full stop. Whether or not they should have had three pens before that or not, he cheated. He's worse than Ronaldo.

It was a brutal assault on Stevie and a definite penalty. The player should've been sent off as well.

'mon the reds. :cool:

rudi must stay
that's it

wasn't a penalty. They deserved a draw though and they'd have probably have equalised anyway as it was all them at that point

Dusk_Till_Dawn
wasn't a penalty. They deserved a draw though and they'd have probably have equalised anyway as it was all them at that point

What, in the 93rd minute?

rudi must stay
What, in the 93rd minute?

the game went onto the 95th minute or something. so there still would have been a few minutes for them to score

The Real Maroonblood
I would also add that he didn't appeal for the penalty, he just sat on the turf while the linesman and ref made a horrendous decision.

So IMO, not a dive so not a cheat, just dreadful refereeing.

Top post.

rudi must stay
I would also add that he didn't appeal for the penalty, he just sat on the turf while the linesman and ref made a horrendous decision.

So IMO, not a dive so not a cheat, just dreadful refereeing.

he was sitting on the turf because he had fell to the turf dramatically under very little contact, that's diving imo

bigis semiauskas
Defo pen - thread closed - thank you:p

Si,and they talk about Ronaldo diving at least he can make it look good but Gerrards was a horrendously blatant crappy dive, legs flailing behind him like a Ballet dancer . Thought UEFA were supposed to be hammering the cheats.

Si,and they talk about Ronaldo diving at least he can make it look good but Gerrards was a horrendously blatant crappy dive, legs flailing behind him like a Ballet dancer . Thought UEFA were supposed to be hammering the cheats.

hahahaha - si Manc - go on the Tim othys

Si,and they talk about Ronaldo diving at least he can make it look good but Gerrards was a horrendously blatant crappy dive, legs flailing behind him like a Ballet dancer . Thought UEFA were supposed to be hammering the cheats..

The warped logic of a typical Manc. :rolleyes:

Gerrard has cheated time and time again as has Ronaldo.

I hate it how when foreigners dive they are immediately branded "cheats" by the media but when its British players its always a case of "he's not the type to go down easily" and "he was just using his intelligence". The hypocrisy of it all is incredible.

Fozzyonthefence

At first I thought never a penalty but having seen it a few times I think it was. For those suggesting it was a foul by Gerrard how could it be? It was Gerard that got to the ball first and got his head on it, not the defender, then there was definitely contact.

I agree with what Gerrard said, that if it was outside the box, it would have been a Liverpool free kick. Had he got in before the defender and nicked the ball with his foot, then brought down, most would probably be saying it was a stonewaller, so what difference does it make if he heads it instead?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
At first I thought never a penalty but having seen it a few times I think it was. For those suggesting it was a foul by Gerrard how could it be? It was Gerard that got to the ball first and got his head on it, not the defender, then there was definitely contact.

I agree with what Gerrard said, that if it was outside the box, it would have been a Liverpool free kick. Had he got in before the defender and nicked the ball with his foot, then brought down, most would probably be saying it was a stonewaller, so what difference does it make if he heads it instead?

It's because some people on here have never kicked a ball in their puff.

In my opinion, of course. :rolleyes:

Gerrard did not think it was a penalty either! Things you would like to hear:

"Ref you got that wrong, you gave us a penatly by mistake. I cannot therefore take it and if I have to I will kick it over the bar"....yeh right..

Many moons ago Pat Crerand took a penalty in the Cup against us three times (maybe '62?). Despite being a wee boy I could see that the Ref was going to let Crerand take it as many times until he scored! Our Goalie eventually just stood there and let him drive it past him. He could see the Ref was going to get his way anyway. I think Sellik won 4-3 or something like that. **** happens.

Seymour M Hersh
How so?

You accused me of some sort of blind loyalty (without knowing me) because of my initial post. So I am accusing you of being so anti Liverpool and Gerrard that your views are warped by your bitterness and dislike. Simple really!:P

CharityGame5306

If the shoe was on the other foot and Nade had won the ball with his head but couldnt continue to stay on his feet and control the ball as Gary Caldwell had also challeged for the ball missed but made contact with Nade, bringing him down in the box on the 93rd min. I wonder if this thread would have the same qoutes from same posters.

Soft penalty - maybe. stonewall penalty - maybe

Common denominator - soft or stonewall it still a penalty.

But then again we all know it would be a IFK to Caldwell as he is OF.

jambos are go!
You accused me of some sort of blind loyalty (without knowing me) because of my initial post. So I am accusing you of being so anti Liverpool and Gerrard that your views are warped by your bitterness and dislike. Simple really!:P

I have no allegience or otherwise for any English or any other team apart from my love for Hearts. Makes me pretty impartial and I'm astounded at the those claiming it was a penalty. The major explanation is bias IMO.

BTW I think Gerrard is a great player and that his winning goal in a cup final a few years back was a true Roy of the Rovers spectacular.

Seymour M Hersh
I have no allegience or otherwise for any English or any other team apart from my love for Hearts. Makes me pretty impartial and I'm astounded at the those claiming it was a penalty. The major explanation is bias IMO.

BTW I think Gerrard is a great player and that his winning goal in a cup final a few years back was a true Roy of the Rovers spectacular.

Do you think it would have been a foul to Liverpool in the centre circle?

Seymour M Hersh
Yeah

You'll no doubt think there was no contact then. Gerrard just leapt into the air headed the ball then did a seamless forward roll no doubt.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
You'll no doubt think there was no contact then. Gerrard just leapt into the air headed the ball then did a seamless forward roll no doubt.

Good to see you embracing the Liverpudlian stereotype of victimisation.

There was obviously contact but Gerrard was as much responsible for it as Atletico's defender. He also went down a little theatrically, as even you would have to admit.

That said, the decision wasn't made by him and as I made clear earlier on in this thread, the finger should be pointed at the referee - who, incidently, was quoted in Sweden as saying he made a mistake.

Good to see you embracing the Liverpudlian stereotype of victimisation.

There was obviously contact but Gerrard was as much responsible for it as Atletico's defender. He also went down a little theatrically, as even you would have to admit.

That said, the decision wasn't made by him and as I made clear earlier on in this thread, the finger should be pointed at the referee - who, incidently, was quoted in Sweden as saying he made a mistake.

Has the ref also admitted his mistake(s) in not giving Liverpool the three they should have had earlier? Or even the two that Athletico were denied? (see earlier post by myself which clarifies what I'm referring to)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Has the ref also admitted his mistake(s) in not giving Liverpool the three they should have had earlier? Or even the two that Athletico were denied? (see earlier post by myself which clarifies what I'm referring to)

Christ, the Anfield mafia are here. I don't know whether he admitted to those mistakes, or whether he likes the buffet at Pizza Hut, but this thread was about Gerrard's peno.

Did anyone see Ronaldo have a wee kick at Scott Brown last night and then tell him to get up and stop diving? What a f*****g brass neck that boy has.

If i'm being honest he never kicked him hard enough but still, for Ronaldo to complain about someone playacting is unreal.

Christ, the Anfield mafia are here. I don't know whether he admitted to those mistakes, or whether he likes the buffet at Pizza Hut, but this thread was about Gerrard's peno.

Which in turn led to the question of the ones that were not given being asked.

Anyway, my scouse connection originally hails from Crosby and the Wirral. No real link to the Anfield area (unlike Alexei Sayle) apart from attending the match.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Anyway, my scouse connection originally hails from Crosby and the Wirral. No real link to the Anfield area (unlike Alexei Sayle) apart from attending the match.

Not fancy Tranmere?

Not fancy Tranmere?

They 'play' football at Prenton park!!?

Wirral, no?

Prenton Park is their stadium situated within the aforementioned area.

Even though he did dive you still can't take away the talent hes got. Stil takes a lot of nerves convert a penalty in stoppage time

Always has been, hits the deck as quick as anyone.

there are way more players that go down easier than Gerrard, like Lampard, Ronaldo, Drogba, Anelka, Deco, Nani, Van Persie and more.

It was soft but at least there was (enough) contact and it made up for the blantant handball earlier in the 2nd half that wasn't given.

gerrard couldnt exactly help if he was up in the air when he got nudged you cant expect him to land on both feet .

if you were playin for hearts and you were gettin beat in the last minute and you went down in the box you wouldnt try and get a penalty

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Prenton Park is their stadium situated within the aforementioned area.

Yup. Didn't your Wirral connections tempt you to follow the mighty whites?

cardboardcutout

never a penalty and cast into doubt the integrity of a great player and clearly demonstrated the hypocrisy of benitez who backed the dive!

what has happened to honesty in the game?

If anyone is looking for role models for their kids football is not the place to find them! too many empty heads in the stands and cheats on the pitch.

Footballer dives! Shock! Who cares? Its been part of the game for the last 20 years. Youd think we'd be used to it by now.

Only in Scotland do we really care. Our teams get penalties against them for dives in Europe, national team gets done over by foreign divers etc etc.

Maybe its about time we gave up this 'Scottish integrity/high horse mentality' and joined in? Who knows, maybe Scotland might even qualify for something soon.

Tin hat on.

Yup. Didn't your Wirral connections tempt you to follow the mighty whites?

No. Curiously enough, my old man being from Leith didn't tempt either of us to follow Hibs.

Seymour M Hersh
never a penalty and cast into doubt the integrity of a great player and clearly demonstrated the hypocrisy of benitez who backed the dive!

what has happened to honesty in the game?

If anyone is looking for role models for their kids football is not the place to find them! too many empty heads in the stands and cheats on the pitch.

Cry me a river why don't you!

jambos are go!

People seem to have missed the main point here. Gerrard is not alone that is a certainty and we have some at Tyncastle. The main disgrace concerns the officials who like many across the globe think its OK to hand out favours to the big boys without any retribution. That is the real scandal.

this_is_my_story

Stevie Gerrard is without doubt a cheat, of course he is. Countless times I have watched him 'manufacture' contact by knocking the ball past an opponent inside the box, and adjusting the angle of one of his legs as he passes his opponent, to collide with them to make it look as if he's been fouled. In fairness to refs though, it must appear very convincing to them.

Archived