Virgin and BSkyB end channel row

Sherlock

Television providers BSkyB and Virgin Media have reached an agreement on a long-running row over channel charges

...Sky's basic channels - including Sky1, Sky News and Sky Sports News - will return to Virgin Media on November 13 under a contract running to June 2011.

Under a second deal, the Virgin basic channels such as Living and Bravo will continue on Sky...

For reasons I won't bore you with we cannot get a satellite dish which is unfortunate as I would love access to the additional HD channels Sky has (Virgin only have 1 as far as I can determine). I would also like access to all the extras Sky offer on the footie channels like choosing from all the games being broadcast and the goal alert facility in any game you are not watching.

I doubt Sky will extend these facilities to their cable based customers which we are as we merely pay through Virgin.

Ya beezer!!!!

No nmore need for Setanta Sports News:cool:

Woo-hoo!!!

The Simpsons are back at Cassa de Speedbump:cool:

Snap

I've deffo missed Sky sports news and Sky One

Who cares, all the best shows were on Living ...

Maury, America's Next Top Model, Extreme Makeover ... :rolleyes:

Only half joking :eek::peepwall:

Who cares, all the best shows were on Living ...

Maury, America's Next Top Model, Extreme Makeover ... :rolleyes:

Only half joking :eek::peepwall:

So which 1.5 of those 3 shows you've listed do you like?

Carl Weathers
Don't see why not.

I got the impression they added free setanta because they lost sky1 and a few others... I'm not sure though - it's my dad that has cable tv.

Wouldn't be a huge miss if Setanta became subscription only. I wouldn't pay for it.

TBH I only watch Hearts away games on Setanta, plus the occasional massive boxing match.

Most of the games shown involving Hearts are at Tynecastle and I have a season ticket for them.

Carl Weathers
Wouldn't be a huge miss if Setanta became subscription only. I wouldn't pay for it.

TBH I only watch Hearts away games on Setanta, plus the occasional massive boxing match.

Most of the games shown involving Hearts are at Tynecastle and I have a season ticket for them.

I think Setanta is pretty good - apart from the Old Firm away game policy.

Don't see why not.

Free setanta was a sweetener to stop Virgin customers moving to Sky when the last deal ended. This new deal will be costing them a fortune and someone will have to pay for it. Having a good guess I would suggest it may be virgin's customers.

Ya beezer!!!!

Woo-hoo!!!

This is the holy grail for me :) yeh baby

Free setanta was a sweetener to stop Virgin customers moving to Sky when the last deal ended. This new deal will be costing them a fortune and someone will have to pay for it. Having a good guess I would suggest it may be virgin's customers.

it was a sweetner yes but now that the sky channels are back there won't be any new charges for customers as a result of this.

was a legal battle between virgin and sky regarding the ownership etc.

makes our jobs little bit better.

Ya beezer!!!!

Woo-hoo!!!

Thats the best news IMO.

No more coming hame to turn on the sports news and seeing four day old headlines.

If only setanta news had a betting website, youd make a fortune betting on results of matches that they have listed as still to be played.

The Real Maroonblood
Only people with the VIP package will get free Setanta after Jan 1st.

Is that official or have you just guessed.

Anyone know for def the story with Setanta, wouldn't be happy if it got taken away.

would prob be tempted to leave Virgin actually

What is the VIP package? I have basic Virgin telly just now but I was thinking about upgrading to XL to get the free setanta.

VIP =

XL TV Package (Includes Setanta)

Sky Movies and Sports

XL Broadband

XL Phone (Line rental and daytimes, evening and weekend inclusive calls)

Talk International (Reduces the high VM cost of international calls down a little)

Talk Mobile (Reduces the extremely high VM cost to mobiles down a little).

V+ Box

V box

This would be: ?86 per month.

thats coming from someone who works there.

You may want to feedback that they will lose custom then, or do we have to go through the rigmarole of tellingthem to shove it only to then be offered another deal.

Pathetic. (Virgin, not you! :))

I thought it was already on people with XL who get Setanta?

Setanta is free as part of the XL package, but if you are on the L package you could still subscribed to Setanta (although in truth you are better just increasing from L to XL as you will get other channels too).

Guest juvehearts
For reasons I won't bore you with we cannot get a satellite dish which is unfortunate as I would love access to the additional HD channels Sky has (Virgin only have 1 as far as I can determine). I would also like access to all the extras Sky offer on the footie channels like choosing from all the games being broadcast and the goal alert facility in any game you are not watching.

I doubt Sky will extend these facilities to their cable based customers which we are as we merely pay through Virgin.

NOT a chance in hell otherwise what would be the need for the 2 rival companies to compete for?

telewest,ntl,virgin, call it what you want is good for 1 thing & 1 thing only. broadband.

even then their is too much compitition for your custom & im only with them because i get it for next to nothing.

end of.

northfieldhearts
You may want to feedback that they will lose custom then, or do we have to go through the rigmarole of tellingthem to shove it only to then be offered another deal.

Pathetic. (Virgin, not you! :))

guaranteed thats what you'll have to do. and you will get it as well!

Good stuff, about time aswell. Missed the simpson and sky sports news. That setanta news is garbage. I think setanta will still be free, dont see why it wouldent!?

The Real Maroonblood

It really suprises me that Virgin do not transmit some of the channels themselves in HD. I suppose there is some technical reason that they can't do it.

Archived