Michael Stewart GTF

Jam Tarts 1874

he was the same at the Hobos but fortunately for them ...and unfortunately for us he was booted. He is in the sun today speaking about Scott Brown basicly saying he wasnt that great a player at Hibs which is pretty laughable as he couldnt lace the guys boots

Maroon Mayhem

Good reasoned argument OP...........

He was chasing and harrying trying to make something happen. We were totally outclassed, get over it.

boabyarsebiscuit

Great idea. Let's empty one of the few players who tries. And one of the few who can actually play football.

I love these "It's the players' fault" threads.

Great idea. Let's empty one of the few players who tries. And one of the few who can actually play football.

Exactly - if the rest of them had put in as much effort as Stewart did on Sunday we might even have taken something out of the match - quite a few anonymous players that day - you couldn't class Stewart as one of them though even though a lot didn't go for him.

Guest JamboRobbo

What an embarrasment of a thread. No point to it at all. I suggest the OP does his best to think before he posts next time.

Michael Stuart was out-classed on Sunday.

He was also out-fought, mainly because he was trying to ride challenges, rather than go through them. Sometimes it works for him, and he comes away with the ball, but on Sunday we needed him to go through it, and he never did that once.

Despite having a shocking match, I still support Michael Stuart because I can somehow identify with him as a Hearts man, and so I guess that makes him one of our own.

I just need something to cling onto in these 8th placed times.

Buffalo Bill

he was the same at the Hobos but fortunately for them ...and unfortunately for us he was booted. He is in the sun today speaking about Scott Brown basicly saying he wasnt that great a player at Hibs which is pretty laughable as he couldnt lace the guys boots

Please tell me he isnt

If he is thats just embarassing

A very good case could be made for Scott Brown being one of the best Scottish Players of the last decade, and he is still only 22/3.

If Stewart is trying to claim he isnt very good then that is utterly embarassing for himself.

Stewart time to stop acting like some little 23yr old Manchester reserve and accept your a nobody

That is all! :mad:

Hang your head in shame, he had a bad game against Celtic and it wasn't his first but he doesn't deserve that

Other players have been rank since they joined HMFC, still get a game no matter what. Target the man who picks the team

A Hobo might make the comment you did but no Hearts fan would.

I am no fan of the regime. I think it is their 'fault' from VR right down to Laszlo.

Stewart started the season well. I like him as a footballer. He represents the club well. But I thought he chucked it on Saturday.

Please tell me he isnt

talking about his struggling impact at celtic he says,

he was maybe not the player he was made out to be at hibs then suddenly the spotlight was on him ,people said he wasnt doing it but he wasnt doing it in the first place at hibs people were getting ahead of themselves

Please tell me he isnt

talking about his struggling impact at celtic he says' date='

he was maybe not the player he was made out to be at hibs then suddenly the spotlight was on him ,people said he wasnt doing it but he wasnt doing it in the first place at hibs people were getting ahead of themselves[/quote']

What a phannie

Stewart should worry about his own ability to play more than 5 good games a season before he becomes terrible and contributes nothing but bookings and fouls

I thought he had finally gotten over his attitude and big heard that ruined his early career at clubs like forrest, clearly not

He had a poor, poor game, where not one thing came off for him and he seemed to be lightweight going into alot of challenges. Was just one game though.

What surprises me though, is that he wasn't subbed? In fact, all of the subs were baffling!

The OP's nearly right...Stewart has the chat of a seasoned pro, he's Zidane trapped in the body of Neil McFarlane, sure he tries and gets frustrated when things don't go right, but not half as frustrated as I do having to watch him.

Not quite GTF but a knowing recognition he's never going to be the player he thinks or I wish for.

FFS. What a truly awful thread started by a numpty.

Stewart is a decent player and has been one of our best so far this season. So he got outfought and outclassed against Celtic, the whole team were. Celtic are far better than us. I hate that fact but theres no denying it. Id take umbrage with a hell of a lot more players before Stewart.

Theres no way he's fit to lace Hartleys boots and unfortunately thats who he is replacing. As for the poster suggesting that Brown is one of the best players of the last decade !?!? You on the waccy baccy? He's good but dear me, one of the best scottish players of the last decade? Have a word.

Yes.

The most over-rated (by some HMFC support) player to be at Hearts for years.

He's grreat when he wants to be, but in the majority of cases he is disinterested at best.

On Sunday, the long-ball option scuppered any major involvement for him and the rest of midfield, but his passing was atrocious (worse than Sunday-league bad by the way) and he hardly ran at all - never took up space or looked anything like a threat.

Compare him to the Stewart that played in the 4-2 defeat of Rangers last season and there is your problem - far too inconsistent and moody.

The wrong person to build a team around IMO. Bench then door for him and get Jonsson in midfield with Aguiar. He's a young lad and weak in some ways, but at least he tries.

**** Mikey.

If he were Lithuanian some would be baying for his blood, based on the majority of his performances...

FFS. What a truly awful thread started by a numpty.

Stewart is a decent player and has been one of our best so far this season. So he got outfought and outclassed against Celtic, the whole team were. Celtic are far better than us. I hate that fact but theres no denying it. Id take umbrage with a hell of a lot more players before Stewart.

Theres no way he's fit to lace Hartleys boots and unfortunately thats who he is replacing. As for the poster suggesting that Brown is one of the best players of the last decade !?!? You on the waccy baccy? He's good but dear me, one of the best scottish players of the last decade? Have a word.

I disagree.

Regardless of his random descent performances I think he's too impetuous and a bad influence. His work ethic is abysmal at times, constantly wants it too feet, rarlely moves into space from deep positions, hot-headed and an inflated opinion of himslef.

He COULD have been a big player for us on Sunday, but he chose to give up very early on. For the last 10-15 mins of the first half when we had some of the ball, he was anonymous when he should have been leading the midfield line (IMHO).

He has been guilty of this on so many occasions (particularly last season) and that is what annoys me most. That, and he moans like ****!

Exactly get rid of Stewart. GEt a much better player like Ivaskevicius or Mrowiec or Makela in the team. They are the real future of our club. I've no time for players like Stewart who occassionaly play really well and clearly hurt when we lose. Far better wih some faceless anonymous players as named above. Tha'll be it sorted. Mikey Mikey GTF

The People's Chimp

Indeed. Yet another ludcirous thread blaming one of this season's better players. Stewart tries, sometimes too hard, but can anyone blame him for trying too hard when we all know what crap he's having to keep afloat.

Well he was never going to blame Romanov or his managerial appointment, was he?

I think he chucked against Celtic.

Didn't try a leg in the second half. Appalling attitude he showed on Sunday.

Its probably the influence of "the gaffer" on him....

Stewart is displaying the same traits as last year. Plays well for the first 6 games then is completely garbage for the rest of the season.

He was disgraceful on Sunday. It wasn't being outclassed that narked me off - I expected that. What was shocking was that he sh@t it from every single 50/50. Not to mention that when he plays a poor pass he always blames someone other than himself.

If you're not prepared to get stuck in against Celtic you're always going to lose.

A very good case could be made for Scott Brown being one of the best Scottish Players of the last decade, and he is still only 22/3.

Carry on then and make it.................

Indeed. Yet another ludcirous thread blaming one of this season's better players. Stewart tries, sometimes too hard, but can anyone blame him for trying too hard when we all know what crap he's having to keep afloat.

Best post on this thread!

What a complete jobby you are!

granted Mikey had a poor game on Sunday (who in a maroon jersey didn't?), but as ever he worked hard and tried to make things happen. The fact we were totally horsed may have someting to do with his performance??!! - it certainly has lots to do with you pathetic post!!!

What a complete jobby you are!

granted Mikey had a poor game on Sunday (who in a maroon jersey didn't?), but as ever he worked hard and tried to make things happen. The fact we were totally horsed may have someting to do with his performance??!! - it certainly has lots to do with your pathetic post!!!

Is there any player at Hearts who hasn't had a turn at being told to GTF?

Stewart was honking on Saturday, but has been one of our best players this season. I'd rather have 11 with his commitment and ability than pretty much any other player at the club.

I remember a certain poster - whose knowledgeable comments on the game indicate that he is anything but a clown - starting a thread a few weeks ago saying that Stewart, not for the first time, was showing symptoms of a slide from good early season form. Of course he took a pasting for airing his views, but it looks as if he was spot on.

Stewart was terrible on Sunday, and the comments about not going in properly for 50-50 tackles are accurate. He has not played well in the last few games and is starting to bicker at other players - much like Hartley used to do when off form.

But we need him. On form, he is one of our better players, and maybe the best. So somebody needs to get hold of him and sort out whatever is going wrong at the moment. And it's at this point that I hold my hands up in despair, because I suspect there is nobody now at the club who has a clue how to manage players.

Michael Stuart was out-classed on Sunday.

He was also out-fought, mainly because he was trying to ride challenges, rather than go through them. Sometimes it works for him, and he comes away with the ball, but on Sunday we needed him to go through it, and he never did that once.

Despite having a shocking match, I still support Michael Stuart because I can somehow identify with him as a Hearts man, and so I guess that makes him one of our own.

I just need something to cling onto in these 8th placed times.

Buffalo Bill

Have to agree, if we aint gonna live with them then I would like to see someone out there who looks if he gives a feck ...... loved the line by Bill Leckie who as an aside commented on the number of empty seats in the home stands on Sunday compared to previous televised fixtures and qualified it by adding that why should hearts fans turn up for these games when the team refuses to turn up.

Says it all for me!

He is in the sun today speaking about Scott Brown basicly saying he wasnt that great a player at Hibs which is pretty laughable as he couldnt lace the guys boots

See after the first 5 games of the season, I would have said the exact same thing about Scott Brown in regards to Michael Stewart!!!!!

Brown has been absolutely mince since he joined Celtic, he's had 3 or 4 decent games in a row now and he's a world beater again?!

The one thing special about Hearts fans is how quick we can get on a player's back.

Michael Stewart is one of a few in the squad who represent what Hearts are all about. Yes, he was p!$$ poor on Sunday, but I think he is growing more and more frustrated at the lack of options around him. Bruno is playing too far forward where he is ineffective, Karipidis is ok in the sitting role but he does not pass then move like all good midfielders should do, and our wide players have been cr*p for aslong as I can remember.

If it wasn't for Mikey Stewart I guarantee we would be even lower in the league.

Open your eyes.

The OP is spot on the other players on Sunday were outstanding it was only because Mikey Stewart didnt have his best game that we lost.

Farce of a thread, waste of a thread

Exactly get rid of Stewart. GEt a much better player like Ivaskevicius or Mrowiec or Makela in the team. They are the real future of our club. I've no time for players like Stewart who occassionaly play really well and clearly hurt when we lose. Far better wih some faceless anonymous players as named above. Tha'll be it sorted. Mikey Mikey GTF

Anonymous = Mikey on Sunday.

Mikey = Sheissbalg

"Oh, but dinnae slag him cos he plays well sometimes for a wee while when he kin be bothered his erse"

The fact that he has failed (with distinction) at nearly every other club he has been at means nothing of course....

Worst player for hearts the past few games has probably been driver. If your a right back coming to Tynecastle just keep him of his left foot. It really is as easy as that. Stewart was pish on sunday but he'll bounce back. Scott Brown played the entire hearts midfield of the pitch.

There was a thread less than 2 weeks ago calling for MS to be made captain due to his effort and leadership on the park since the start of the season , yes he was poor against celtic but bloody hell , there are half a dozen players that should be told to GTF before MS.

Captain Price

im sorry, michael stewart is one of the few that actually gives 110% EVERY match, apart from the celtic match. The reason that he was with the 15,550 fans that knew hearts were out in the second half

I don't understand where this came from at all. Yes, his recent performances have been less inspiring than they were at the start of the season but the one thing he can never be accused of is a lack of effort. On Sunday, he was one of those who stood out for me....when nothing was coming together for them, he was still trying his utmost to the point where I was worried that his frustration was leading him into silly tackles when chasing to get the ball back.

There are elements of his game that could do with being sharpened up a bit and I'd like to see some more movement from him, but I'm certainly glad that we have him. He's not one of those towards whom we should be directing our own frustrations.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Stewart is one of about 3 players who actually cares.

Vital to have in the team/dressing room at the moment.

And Prancer - Brown one of the best players this DECADE?

Make your case for that then ... I'm all ears.

Worst player for hearts the past few games has probably been driver. If your a right back coming to Tynecastle just keep him of his left foot. It really is as easy as that. Stewart was pish on sunday but he'll bounce back. Scott Brown played the entire hearts midfield of the pitch.

Driver didn't look fit on Sunday and didn't get enough of the ball. He was arguably man of the match his previous game (although I'd have giving it to Bruno).

Stewart is one of about 3 players who actually cares.

Vital to have in the team/dressing room at the moment.

And Prancer - Brown one of the best players this DECADE?

Make your case for that then ... I'm all ears.

a decade that includes Collins, McCallister, Lambert, Fletcher and Ferguson...

I think he chucked against Celtic.

Didn't try a leg in the second half. Appalling attitude he showed on Sunday.

I've only read 2 posts into this thread. What a pile of pish! Get yersels right tae...

Mikey worked his hole off on Sunday. He was awfy awfy bad, but he never once gave up. If anything, he was trying too hard. Do you ever look at a player when he doesnt have the ball?? If you did you'd see Mikey runnig and harrying. Not intelligent at times, but working.

He gave the ball away every time he touched it, but to say he didnt try a leg, you need to beat it

Some people!

Mikey may have been ***** on sunday but he certainly wasn't alone in that category, he did try and is was noticeable that he cared and was frustrated about getting beat, there weren't to many others in maroon who did.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

OP is a well known rear end and you have to expect such dross.

Mikey was poor on Sunday but it was more a case of trying too hard and not using his brains.

I am afraid that is why he is not captain. But maybe if he WAS given the captaincy it may have the effect of screwing the nut a bit.

OP is a well known rear end and you have to expect such dross.

Mikey was poor on Sunday but it was more a case of trying too hard and not using his brains.

I am afraid that is why he is not captain. But maybe if he WAS given the captaincy it may have the effect of screwing the nut a bit.

People like you keep me sain! Mikey's biggest problem is he gets wrapped up in the game and finds it hard to step back and breathe. It hurts us sometimes but the laddy is as honest as can be on the park (erm, apart fi his 'simulation' against aberdeen, but ye ken what i mean)

Dont know why i let a couple of roffending bawbags on here annoy me, but they do!!

Archived