Brooks Mileson dies

Ryan Gosling

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Very sad news. I'm sure that day at Hampden very few would think that 2 years down the road both he and his club would be gone. Not to put a downer on the thread but I still think the man bit off more than he could chew with Gretna but at least he tried to put his money where his mouth is and gave it a go.

Condolences to all

R.I.P

R.I.P. Brooks. My thoughts go out to his family, friends and everybody that was associated with Gretna FC.

For once, I feel compelled to remember a non Jambo on JKB.

Brookes was one of the good guys.

Take care of him in the afterlife.

Just heard the news.

A real shame.

Always seemed a real down to earth character who wanted to do something special for the scottish game.

Best wishes to his friends and family.

Jam Tarts 1874

I have two relatives who got the opportunity to play proper football (as opposed to the local pub team) for Gretna ladies thanks to the money pumped in by Mileson, his sad demise has left a pretty big hole in Dumfries and Galloway from a sport in the community perspective.

First and foremost, RIP Brooks Mileson

A wee bit off track but it would be good to see Vladimar Romanov pay his respects by coming across for the funeral. They obviously built up up some kind of rapport back in 2006 so perhaps Vlad could prove that this was genuine and come pay his final respects

RIP Brooks.

One of the best things to happen to Scottish football for a while - shame it couldn't last.

The Gretna 'shooting star' period was great while it lasted, thanks to the great benefactor, Brookes Mileson. It was 'Roy of the Rovers' stuff.

I remember walking up Cathcart Road to the Final when we came across some lads who'd travelled all the way up from Cornwall to put in a shout for Gretna. A lot of people bought into Brookes Mileson's dream.

RIP Brookes - football will be a lot duller for your passing.

A great man, if only some at the helm of our club had his passion..

RIP

well said mate

applauded hearts fans at the scottish cup final as well - wouldnt see to many other chairmans, if any, do tht.

RIP

well said mate

applauded hearts fans at the scottish cup final as well - wouldnt see to many other chairmans, if any, do tht.

RIP

That has stuck in my mind as well , a top bloke who wore his heart on his sleeve . May he rest in peace.

chester copperpot
That has stuck in my mind as well , a top bloke who wore his heart on his sleeve . May he rest in peace.

Was going to start a thread on this, but though better of it, will there be a minute's applause for the guy based on how he revolutionised a lower league club and brought them up to the top tier.

Dunno how appropriate it is, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Not trying to be controversial, just after his message in the EEN (I think) I'd like to applaud him for that.

Was going to start a thread on this, but though better of it, will there be a minute's applause for the guy based on how he revolutionised a lower league club and brought them up to the top tier.

Dunno how appropriate it is, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Not trying to be controversial, just after his message in the EEN (I think) I'd like to applaud him for that.

I forgot about the EEN message , thats exactly what i'm talking about , who else would do that ? As for the minutes applause ,you will get the usual suspects moaning about it but i think it should be done , even if not by other clubs hmfc should do it anyway , just my opinion.

Archived