Brooks Mileson dies

Ryan Gosling

Patrick Bateman

A shame, he bought into a dream that he couldn't sustain but gave a backwater club some exposure.

Seems not so long ago I was listening to him at the shareholders dinner in the Gorgie Suite.

He seemed to have a real soft spot for Hearts and their supporters.

RIP.

Seems not so long ago I was listening to him at the shareholders dinner in the Gorgie Suite.

He seemed to have a real soft spot for Hearts and their supporters.

RIP.

Yeah well remember after the 2006 Cup Final he took out a half page ad in the EEN to thank us for our support and good vibes - met him briefly at the Cup Final Tam Cowan special TV prog, he was deffo one of the good guys - my condolences to his family.

RIP

PS. In the pic in the OP link, he appears to be wearing one of those scarves celebrating 2 teams, Hearts & Gretna

MackaysCentreSpot

Another real football man gone to the great stand in the sky in the recent weeks.

Thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P

http://www.news-and-star.co.uk/news/brooks_mileson_dies_in_hospital

Mr Mileson was one of the most high-profile figures in Cumbrian and Scottish sport in recent years after failing to buy Carlisle United and propelling Gretna to the Scottish Premier League before controversially withdrawing his backing.

Say What Again
Yeah well remember after the 2006 Cup Final he took out a half page ad in the EEN to thank us for our support and good vibes

gretthx.gif

RIP Brooks

ToadKiller Dog

Seemed a decent guy ,i remember him at the end of the cup final making a bee line for the disabled kids in front of me and spent a bit of time before moving ,respected him for that .

RIP

Guest juvehearts

RIP Brooks

had a wonderful time down in the hotel where the offside cup final special was filmed.

had a good chinwag with him about hearts & his ambitions for gretna over a pint after the filming was over

Juve

blondejamtart

Just saw this - very sad indeed. Brooks came across as a genuinely decent guy and I think he did have a genuine affection for Hearts too.

RIP

should be remembered for delivering a bit of success to a diddy club. Hopefully the fact they went under won't be the black mark on his name.

Very sad news his club and him have gone....but it was good to see such a colourful charachter in the game who brought a club up thru the leagues like that but Unfortunate to come to a sad end.

RIP

That's really sad news. I'm absolutely sure that man was part Jambo...but more importantly, he seemed like a genuinely good sort.

RIP Brooks.

RIP

Always had the suspicion that the withdrawal of support to Gretna was the family protecting their inheritance, rather than Mileson's own act. It did occur after his stroke or whatever it was that forced his disappearance from public life.

rudi must stay

sad news. He seemed like a real character who geniunely loved the game and his club, there aren't many chairman around like that anymore. RIP Brooks

Archived