Captain

N User

A lot of people have said this season that Berra is not captain material or something similar.

Many have pointed to Michael Stewart and said he would be a better captain.

On today's performance, would you still say Stewart is "captain material".

Should we appoint a new captain?

Are there any other candidates in the squad?

Personally, I'd like Karipidis as captain.

The only duties Berra performs as captain is doing the coin toss other than that he is shocking, I'm not sure he even wanted the captaincy in the first place. Personally Neilson should have got the armband, still never understood why he didn't.

Just now when players are making mistakes or not playing well like they have been they need someone to encourage or shout at them but at the moment this isn't happening so they don't change their ways.

Karapidis wouldn't be a bad choice as captain.

There is not one player currently employed by Heart of Midlothian Football Club who deserves the honour or has the capabilities to captain our team. Berra is a nice laddie but has no obvious leadership skills or presence. We are as rudderless on the pitch as we are off it.

If Bruno keeps making the progress he is so far he'll become the most important and influential player in the team. Would be tempted to give it to him.

Kari is a good shout, but only if he is playing in his natural position.

MackaysCentreSpot

I think taking the captaincy of Berra at this moment in time would be detrimental to his confidence and possibly his progression as a player and would not really be a positive move.

A real captain does not have to wear a band to show his leadership qualities.

I think taking the captaincy of Berra at this moment in time would be detrimental to his confidence and possibly his progression as a player and would not really be a positive move.

A real captain does not have to wear a band to show his leadership qualities.

I totally agree. Karapidis Wouldnt be a bad Shout, but after todays match Mikey Stewart shouldnt even be in the team never mind captain.

The only duties Berra performs as captain is doing the coin toss other than that he is shocking, I'm not sure he even wanted the captaincy in the first place. Personally Neilson should have got the armband, still never understood why he didn't.

Just now when players are making mistakes or not playing well like they have been they need someone to encourage or shout at them but at the moment this isn't happening so they don't change their ways.

Karapidis wouldn't be a bad choice as captain.

Not sure if you were at the game today or have seen any of the last 3 games but without Berra in any of the 3 games we would have zero points and a hatful of goals against. I think he has been the most consistant player this season and has carried Zaliukas thro' each of the games.

I wasn't sure about making him captain but I think he is maturing into an essential part of the defence and I think being captain has helped.

Just my opinion but I think we have more to worry about than who the captain is. :sad:

Stewart should be captain

Berra is quiet as a mouse

Maybe of the wrong persuasion to be captain of Heart of Midlothian? just a question before the PC handwringers get in a fluster

I think thats why he's still the captain. because Csaba hasnt got the heart to put the team first, and possibly dent Berra's confidence at the same time.

Maybe Berra should take the pressure off himself and speak to Csaba about stepping down as an option.

Maybe of the wrong persuasion to be captain of Heart of Midlothian? just a question before the PC handwringers get in a fluster

What "persuasion" are you referring to in your question ?

PC handwringer answer it for yourself.

Okay I will.

if you are suggesting for one minute that Heart of Midlothian football club might make a decision about a player's suitability to be captain, or not as the case may be, on the grounds of his "persuasion" then you clearly know nothing about Heart of Midlothian football club

Okay I will.

if you are suggesting for one minute that Heart of Midlothian football club might make a decision about a player's suitability to be captain, or not as the case may be, on the grounds of his "persuasion" then you clearly know nothing about Heart of Midlothian football club

I do , clearly much more than you, name another?

I do , clearly much more than you, name another?

Wait, what?

Are we seriously having a "Stewart shouldn't be captain because he's a cafflick" discussion?

I hope I'm wrong.

I think he's trying to tell us that Berra is gay.

I think he's trying to tell us that someone is something, but there ends the similarity to any linear use of the English language. :eek:

Wait, what?

Are we seriously having a "Stewart shouldn't be captain because he's a cafflick" discussion?

I hope I'm wrong.

No like a handwringer to bring religion into it jeeze,no because Berra is kak and couldn't care less care, couldn't care whether he's outer mongolian or even from leith, a Heart of Midlothian captain needs to be more than just a player and Berra doesn't have it whether he's a cafflick as you put it or not. Can't help feeling it doesn't help tho' .FTH

I think he's trying to tell us that someone is something, but there ends the similarity to any linear use of the English language. :eek:

All of the best secrets are shrouded in mystery, Ulysses.

I'm on the edge of my seat.

No like a handwringer to bring religion into it jeeze,no because Berra is kak and couldn't care less care, couldn't care whether he's outer mongolian or even from leith, a Heart of Midlothian captain needs to be more than just a player and Berra doesn't have it whether he's a cafflick as you put it or not. Can't help feeling it doesn't help tho' .FTH

And what does his 'persuasion' have to do with any of that?

What is his persuasion anyway? :huh:

My hands remain unwrung.

Doesn't help when you don't tell us what the hell you're on about!

My hands remain unwrung.

Doesn't help when you don't tell us what the hell you're on about!

Is this plain enough Berra should not or ever have been captain of Heart of Midlothian. Everything is/was wrong about his appointment. Clear now!

Is this plain enough Berra should not or ever have been captain of Heart of Midlothian. Everything is/was wrong about his appointment. Clear now!

Why?

Clear as mud.

Are you going to explain what this 'persuasion' thing is all about or do we need to keep repeating the question?

Why?

HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. JEEZE ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHICH SCHOOL HE WENT TO OR WHO HE SUPPORTED AS A BHOY?

HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. JEEZE ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WHICH SCHOOL HE WENT TO OR WHO HE SUPPORTED AS A BHOY?

I've no idea where he went to school, and I'm not interested.

I'm interested to know why the laptop dancers or PC handwringers or whatever they're called now would think that being not good enough is a "persuasion".

Does he run like a girl or something? :confused:

I've no idea where he went to school, and I'm not interested.

I'm interested to know why the laptop dancers or PC handwringers or whatever they're called now would think that being not good enough is a "persuasion".

Does he run like a girl or something? :confused:

ok you've got what you wanted he's a celtic supporter and therefore should not be captain of our proud club. persuasion = tim

ok you've got what you wanted he's a celtic supporter and therefore should not be captain of our proud club. persuasion = tim

John Robertson.

John Robertson.

was he captain, and did he support the vermin from glasga? and when did we finally win anything, oh its when he was not in the team. amazing that eh?

was he captain, and did he support the vermin from glasga? and when did we finally win anything, oh its when he was not in the team. amazing that eh?

:laugh:

You're a hoot.

Oh my goodness you are right.

All those years Robbo was finishing as top scorer we could have won the league and cup if he had just been left out the team!

Now I get it.

:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

Oh dear.

You really have lost the plot.

Robbie Neilson should be club captain.

:Agree:

Hopefully he will be back on the park soon too. The defence has been a shambles since he dropped out with injury at the start of the split last year. Losing an average of 2 goals per game or so makes it a bit difficult to win games.

Jam Tarts 1874
If Bruno keeps making the progress he is so far he'll become the most important and influential player in the team. Would be tempted to give it to him.

Kari is a good shout, but only if he is playing in his natural position.

Yes, Bruno definately. But will he still be here next season?

Stewart mentioned by many, but the other players hate him and he is an inconsistant poser.

Jam Tarts 1874
:Agree:

Hopefully he will be back on the park soon too. The defence has been a shambles since he dropped out with injury at the start of the split last year. Losing an average of 2 goals per game or so makes it a bit difficult to win games.

Jeezo! We agree on Neilson! :)

Archived