Referee today

Gambo

Don't want to split hairs but that wasn't a goalscoring opportunity

How do you work that out? An offensive midfielder running into the box and you say it is NOT a goalscoring opportunity?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
How do you work that out? An offensive midfielder running into the box and you say it is NOT a goalscoring opportunity?

Seemed to me that the ball had run too wide for him to realistically expect to score.

I just watched it again and would concede the point!:)

There was two defenders inbetween Berra and goal. So, it should have been a booking and penalty.

Apologies, my mistake.

I want to know how Miko gets booked for one, two or three fouls and it's called consistent fouling, but Scott McDonald can make five, six or seven fouls and walks off the park without a booking??

Last week it was Darren Mackie.

I would love a ref to explain that one.

I want to know how Miko gets booked for one, two or three fouls and it's called consistent fouling, but Scott McDonald can make five, six or seven fouls and walks off the park without a booking??

Last week it was Darren Mackie.

I would love a ref to explain that one.

Speaking of bookings, was yesterday the first time this season we have not had one single player see the yellow card?

Not sure whether that is a good thing or bad thing, I can think of good arguments for both side tbh.

I for one wouldn't blame the officials for our defeat yesterday as one poster already stated it was down to the eleven men that took the field in maroon.I was a bit peeved off with the performance of the wheatfield stand linesman as i played football with him years ago and he is a good jambo so was hoping that he could have flagged at the Caldwell goal.

So to you Willie "Have a fecking look at yourself".

As usual, the referee was useless.

Their 2nd goal should not have stood.

Hearts were even worse though and we could have played all year and never scored. About the lamest and most limp-wristed Hearts performance i've seen in years.

As usual, the referee was useless.

Their 2nd goal should not have stood.

Hearts were even worse though and we could have played all year and never scored. About the lamest and most limp-wristed Hearts performance i've seen in years.

Said that to my mate yesterday that Celtic looked like they were having a training exercise and could have stepped it up anytime they wanted to,i actually think the sending off helped us as Celtic took their foot of the gas imho.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I just watched it again and would concede the point!:)

There was two defenders inbetween Berra and goal. So, it should have been a booking and penalty.

Apologies, my mistake.

No worries, it's all academic now. A bit like this season by looks of things!

Hearts were pish yesterday BUT goals change games. If we got the penalty we should have had for hand ball, it's probably 1-1 and i'll bet you the performance would have lifted.

Decisions like that change matches, but we've ended up 2-0 down without Celtic creating a chance (1st goal was just magic out of nothing much; the second was handball).

Look at Spurs v Liverpool the other night. The 'pool slashed all over spurs who were awful but once they scored the equaliser there was only going to be one winner.

I would like to reiterate though that Hearts were pish!

The highlights are on the BBC now. It is clear (IMO) that Caldwell kept the ball from going out of play with his arm (raised above his head and holding the post) before scoring.

The "penalty" was a clear foul, a clear red card but also clearly outside the box.

"Penalty" shout two was a clear penalty and should have seen C*lt!c given a penalty and Berra sent off.

From looking at the highlights only, it would appear to me that the ref had a 'mare, however I as a supporter would rather he had a 'mare when it doesn't matter, as I don't think that any of those incorrect decisions made it a C*lt!c win.

It was offside and outside the box so NO red card or penalty should have been given.

It was offside and outside the box so NO red card or penalty should have been given.

I have just looked at it again, I do not think it was offside. That would have been a marginal decision IMO.

We did not play well but morale is extemely important when facing one of the BBs.

The referee did not help us in any way.

Our penalty claim for handball in the wall by Sheridan could not have been stronger. An incredible mistake by any referee.

The Caldwell incident could have been spotted by the linesman but perhaps Mr Kerrigan had his own reasons for not noticing it.

At 2-0 down we were never going to get back into it.

I won't be wasting time and money to travel from Italy for any more games against the BBs in future.

We did not play well but morale is extemely important when facing one of the BBs.

The referee did not help us in any way.

Our penalty claim for handball in the wall by Sheridan could not have been stronger. An incredible mistake by any referee.

The Caldwell incident could have been spotted by the linesman but perhaps Mr Kerrigan had his own reasons for not noticing it.

At 2-0 down we were never going to get back into it.

I won't be wasting time and money to travel from Italy for any more games against the BBs in future.

Mr Kerrigan wasn't the linesman on that side.

Archived