Referee today

Gambo

Whilst not to blame for the defeat today as we were useless, he and his assistants certainly played a part in it imo.

Clear hand ball before Zal knocked it out for a throw before the first goal not given.

Hand ball in the box at Brunos free kick from a wall positioned 8yards away.

2hand balls by Celtic players and the ball being out of the park for the second goal.

McDonalds 2 dives unpunished

Robsons dive unpunished

McDonald encroaching at a free kick near the edge of the box in second half and getting in the way of the ball (he must have been 5yrds away when Bruno struck it)

Penalty incident.....offside? outside of box?

I'm sure there are more.

Not blaming him for the result but he contributed to it a lot.

All imo.

DigrsSlopBukit
Whilst not to blame for the defeat today as we were useless, he and his assistants certainly played a part in it imo.

Clear hand ball before Zal knocked it out for a throw before the first goal not given.

2hand balls by Celtic players and the ball being out of the park for the second goal.

McDonalds 2 dives unpunished

Robsons dive unpunished

McDonald encroaching at a free kick near the edge of the box in second half and getting in the way of the ball (he must have been 5yrds away when Bruno struck it)

Penalty incident.....offside? outside of box?

I'm sure there are more.

All imo.

First one definite

Second one both definite

Ref and linesman missed both

****ing criminal and beggars belief!!!

The foul for the penalty that was given occurred outside the box. The other one probably wasn't given due to this mess-up as Kenif suggests. It was, to quote Charlie Nicholas, "a definate PK".

Gambo, Gambo, Gambo :eek:

If the referee was as useless as you suggest he would only have been the 12th most useless person on the field.

Celtic won at a canter without breaking sweat and won well because they are a well organised team who have players miles better than us. The referee had hee haw to do with it and to suggest otherwise is as embarassing as the Hearts performance.

Robson should have had a penalty.

I think the ref never gave it because he knew he messed up the previous one

Never stopped them booking Hearts players before if they have mucked up previously. He either imo gives the pen or books him for diving, or even for his dissent afterwards.

peebles jambo

If the referee was as useless as you suggest he would only have been the 12th most useless person on the field.Celtic won at a canter without breaking sweat and won well because they are a well organised team who have players miles better than us. The referee had hee haw to do with it and to suggest otherwise is as embarassing as the Hearts performance.

very funny, but alas very true, we were pants today

If the referee was as useless as you suggest he would only have been the 12th most useless person on the field.

Celtic won at a canter without breaking sweat and won well because they are a well organised team who have players miles better than us. The referee had hee haw to do with it and to suggest otherwise is as embarassing as the Hearts performance.

We were gash i have said so, so were Celtic tbh. They only had one other shot on goal. They got lucky with a few breaks from the officials when it counted or we could have been sitting here talking about a 0-0 boring draw.

Whereas i am not blind as to how bad we were, some seem to be blind as to how bad the officials were.

Haven't had the 'luxury' of watching on TV with replays etc. But I thought Thomson had a good game today. Kept the game flowing.

He was helped by the lack of commitment of the Hearts players though. Not one tackle in the game.

chester copperpot
Haven't had the 'luxury' of watching on TV with replays etc. But I thought Thomson had a good game today. Kept the game flowing.

He was helped by the lack of commitment of the Hearts players though. Not one tackle in the game.

Got the penalty wrong, was outside box. McDonald was offside when put through.

Caldwell handled the ball before scoring Cellicks second/

Ball hit Robson's elbow from Aguiar's free kick.

Still, I actually thought Thomson had a decent match, just got 3 very dubious decisions wrong.

Got the penalty wrong, was outside box. McDonald was offside when put through.

Caldwell handled the ball before scoring Cellicks second/

Ball hit Robson's elbow from Aguiar's free kick.

Still, I actually thought Thomson had a decent match, just got 3 very dubious decisions wrong.

Very crucial(you could say match changing) decisions imo. TBF though in the penalty incident and Caldwells handball he could have been assisted by his linesman a bit better, just like last week.

Can anyone confirm if the ball went out of play for the second?

Very crucial(you could say match changing) decisions imo. TBF though in the penalty incident and Caldwells handball he could have been assisted by his linesman a bit better, just like last week.

Celtic could have scored at will if they had raised their game. You were clearly at a different match to me.

chester copperpot

I was being a bit tongue in cheek mate, sorry.

They never really showed the ball going out on the telly, so cant comment.

stonewall penalty for us when caldwell handed it, wall was only about 6-8 yards for all our freekicks. robson diving and persistent fouling- no booking. ref refused to book them, think he booked hartley and that was it. penalty for them- mcdonald was offside but linesman infront of section N couldnt keep up or notice mcdonald offside for most of the game, gave one offside in the game think.ref from falkirk game i think and he was a nightmare there!

portobellojambo1

Don't think the referee played a big part today, the persons to blame for the team in Maroon and White losing were all in Maroon and White.

Johanes de Silentio

A player in a defensive wall DELIBERATELY jumps three yards into the air with his arms DELIBERATELY outstreched. His hand/arm gets in the way of the ball - how is this not DELIBERATE handball?

If he's not trying to block the ball, what IS he trying to do?

I know we weren't beaten by the ref today, (for a change!) but I'd really like to know this.

2 hand balls by Celtic players and the ball being out of the park for the second goal. only 1 hand ball the first one came off his shoulder, and it was never out of the park.

McDonalds 2 dives unpunished - he didnt dive either time.

Robsons dive unpunished - should have been a penalty

McDonald encroaching at a free kick near the edge of the box in second half and getting in the way of the ball (he must have been 5yrds away when Bruno struck it) agreed

Penalty incident.....offside? outside of box? not offside - part of the player that he can score with must be infront of the defender, it was his arm that was ahead - therefor not offside. Was outside the box though, made no difference anyway

I'm sure there are more.

All imo.

The ref had a decent game but was let down by his assistants on the two main decisions e.g. the penalty and the ball being out of play. Far too easy to blame him and not look at the bigger picture

Don't think the referee played a big part today, the persons to blame for the team in Maroon and White losing were all in Maroon and White.[/quote

Exactly, never in a long time have I felt so ****ed off at a team of players who couldne give a **** as those ***** did today.

Charlie-Brown

We played rubbish that is why we got beat however Thomson the ref was another useless and incompetent erse - made several bad decisions today and how no celtic player was book for going down easily is just another example of the one law for them one law for everyone else that makes a mockery of Scottish football.

by and large the 'referee' had a decent game, apart from 1 or 2 things. (incredible really).

the penalty was way outside the box, although the red card was a stick on.

robson could easily have had a penalty for that.

caldwell handled but it could easily have been missed.

nothing much to moan about for once.

by and large the 'referee' had a decent game, apart from 1 or 2 things. (incredible really).

the penalty was way outside the box, although the red card was a stick on.

robson could easily have had a penalty for that.

caldwell handled but it could easily have been missed.

nothing much to moan about for once.

Hearts were tom tit today but games are not just influenced by marvelous play

Maloneys goal the keeper was impeded as he tried to get up

Free kick clearly hit Robsons arm in the box

Caldwell clearly kept the ball in play with his arm

penalty was clearly outside and offside

Thomson had stinker in midweek when he gave the tic every 50/50 vs Killie

and he followed up today, if you add the major errors to all the hand balls and chalenges he seemed to punish us for but let them off with.

So while not defending how poor we were how the hell can anyone think the ref was ok today???? sorry vic

The penalty was a strange one. I looked to the linesman and he gave nothing...but why didn't he overrule the referee like last week's linesman?

Other than that my only grumbles were his counting out the 10 yards for Bruno's first freekick then allowing bottling it when the Celtic wall only retreated 8 yards, and a moment in the second half when he could have played advantage but blew the whistle while we had a breakaway on...

Hearts were tom tit today but games are not just influenced by marvelous play

Maloneys goal the keeper was impeded as he tried to get up

Free kick clearly hit Robsons arm in the box

Caldwell clearly kept the ball in play with his arm

penalty was clearly outside and offside

Thomson had stinker in midweek when he gave the tic every 50/50 vs Killie

and he followed up today, if you add the major errors to all the hand balls and chalenges he seemed to punish us for but let them off with.

So while not defending how poor we were how the hell can anyone think the ref was ok today???? sorry vic

no need to be sorry!!! it's all about opinions.

maybe it shows how much i was expecting a game of unmitigated cheating from the ref. you could well be right in that there were many cases of incorrect decisions.

christ, maybe we are now at the stage where we accept a certain level of getting pumped from refs!!!! well me at least.

The penalty was a strange one. I looked to the linesman and he gave nothing...but why didn't he overrule the referee like last week's linesman?

Other than that my only grumbles were his counting out the 10 yards for Bruno's first freekick then allowing bottling it when the Celtic wall only retreated 8 yards, and a moment in the second half when he could have played advantage but blew the whistle while we had a breakaway on...

I think you, me and everyone else knows the answer to that question.

Last week, the linesman intervened to deny us a penalty and some folk on here were dribbling away saying how good a decision it was and how great it was to see the linesmen doing their job. Next game, the linesmen COULD have intervened to say a) the 2nd goal should not have stood and B) the penalty was not a penalty.

Unfortunately we operate in a society where 'Celtic-minded' people are not just sitting in the stand.

Thomson has never had a good game in his life, he is shocking not an opinion a fact!

Seymour M Hersh

If you're as impressed with your favourites in green & grey hoops as you appear why not just go the whole hog and get a season ticket at parkhead? You know you want to!!!

If you're as impressed with your favourites in green & grey hoops as you appear why not just go the whole hog and get a season ticket at parkhead? You know you want to!!!

Yeah that's right, thanks for that insightful advice.

The fact I can seperate reality from the paranoid excuses made by a minority of Hearts fans means I support Celtic. Your one smart cookie. Hearts have struggled to even achieve mediocrity this season and today was truly diabolical. Nothing has changed from last season.

Oh and by the way I recently attended my 800th Hearts game :)

Charlie-Brown

What is paranoid about saying our refs are mostly really rubbish (and some are biased) ?

For example Thomson gave everything for Celts / against Killie midweek including one diabolical decision - that doesn't involve Hearts in anyway, the ref & linesmen were crap again today and made a few more howlers - that is not blaming them for our defeat but it doesn't make it any less true.

What is paranoid about saying our refs are mostly really rubbish (and some are biased) ?

For example Thomson gave everything for Celts / against Killie midweek including one diabolical decision - that doesn't involve Hearts in anyway, the ref & linesmen were crap again today and made a few more howlers - that is not blaming them for our defeat but it doesn't make it any less true.

There is nothing wrong with saying the refs are gash if that is your opinion. If however you had a more balanced opinion on the real reasons our results and performances are crap your excuses might actually hold a little credence.

Charlie-Brown
There is nothing wrong with saying the refs are gash if that is your opinion. If however you had a more balanced opinion on the real reasons our results and performances are crap your excuses might actually hold a little credence.

The refs ARE gash and getting worse - worse than that they are totally inconsistent they spoil watching Scottish football, not just Hearts matches...2 examples this week are the penalty incident at Parkhead on wednesday and Scott McDonald's 'tackle' on Van Zanten last week, neither of these games involved Hearts - both were shockingly bad decisions or non decisions.

This is my first post on this board, so please don't shoot me down for my opinion. I'm not in the least surprised that the linesman / assistant referee didn't give the offside decision at the penalty incident, as celtic's Gary Pendrie abused and questioned his decisions throughout the first half (when we were attacking the 'school end') even after being warned by the fourth official. He clearly wore the official down. I only wish that these things that the media will no doubt choose to ignore could be highlighted to the SFA/GFA in some other forum.

The refs ARE gash and getting worse - worse than that they are totally inconsistent they spoil watching Scottish football, not just Hearts matches...2 examples this week are the penalty incident at Parkhead on wednesday and Scott McDonald's 'tackle' on Van Zanten last week, neither of these games involved Hearts - both were shockingly bad decisions or non decisions.

I think you mean Rugby Park.

The ref's may not help your enjoyment of Scottish football but I'll tell you what, it's the watching overpaid, overrated, lazy, unmotivated, injury prone, shot shy nobodies in a maroon shirt week in week that is turning me against it.

The standard of the current SPL is such that any half decent Hearts setup would see us romp 3rd place. Sadly we are run by imbeciles. Even more sadly some fans make excuses for their ineptitude.

Libertonian_II

There's a definite malaise about some Hearts 'supporters' who only ever look at the maroon side of things for the faults. While we were pants today against a team who put a lot of effort into the game, it just proved how many mediocre players we have.

That said, maybe for once, if the decisions had gone our way, we might have come back into the game. Confidence plus a home support behind you can make a difference. Look at Spurs yesterday. They were played off the park but still had that little bit of fortune that made the difference.

Whether we like it or not, they have better quality players than we did. We were always going to struggle. Thomson just made our life a lot whole more difficult my being incompetent. Same goes for his 'assistants'

Charlie-Brown
I think you mean Rugby Park.

The ref's may not help your enjoyment of Scottish football but I'll tell you what, it's the watching overpaid, overrated, lazy, unmotivated, injury prone, shot shy nobodies in a maroon shirt week in week that is turning me against it.

The standard of the current SPL is such that any half decent Hearts setup would see us romp 3rd place. Sadly we are run by imbeciles. Even more sadly some fans make excuses for their ineptitude.

This thread is about the ref today - very few people have tried to blame him for Hearts defeat today however many have felt he was poor and made some bad decisions and not helped by the linesmen who also missed or ignored the evidence in front of their eyes.....just as they have done so on already too many ocassions this week / this season, Hearts playing crap and blaming Romanov, Csaba & the players for that is no excuse for deflecting criticism away from these muppets who referee our games and the shambolic SFA system that perpetuates their incompetence and bias by refusing to tackle the incompetence & bias that ruins Scottish football since long before Romanov appeared on these shores, we are seeing Joke decisions on an almost weekly basis.

This thread is about the ref today - very few people have tried to blame him for Hearts defeat today however many have felt he was poor and made some bad decisions and not helped by the linesmen who also missed or ignored the evidence in front of their eyes.....just as they have done so on already too many ocassions this week / this season, Hearts playing crap and blaming Romanov, Csaba & the players for that is no excuse for deflecting criticism away from these muppets who referee our games and the shambolic SFA system that perpetuates their incompetence and bias by refusing to tackle the incompetence & bias that ruins Scottish football since long before Romanov appeared on these shores, we are seeing Joke decisions on an almost weekly basis.

You blame everyone and anyone other than the real culprits. It's your choice but Hearts will continue to be a joke while they get away with it.

Charlie-Brown
You blame everyone and anyone other than the real culprits. It's your choice but Hearts will continue to be a joke while they get away with it.

You are completely ignoring what I wrote and just want to make every thread about Vlad - this thread is about match officials, my opinion is that their standard is at an all time low and we see joke decisions in many SPL matches every single week - many of which are nothing to do with Hearts like the examples I gave - Craig Thomson made a shockingly bad decision on wednesday he also made more mistakes today - that is not blaming him for Hearts losing but it makes him a referee who is making bad mistakes on a fequent basis - unless you disagree? And he is one of our supposedly better refs.

You are completely ignoring what I wrote and just want to make every thread about Vlad - this thread is about match officials, my opinion is that their standard is at an all time low and we see joke decisions in many SPL matches every single week - many of which are nothing to do with Hearts like the examples I gave - Craig Thomson made a shockingly bad decision on wednesday he also made more mistakes today - that is not blaming him for Hearts losing but it makes him a referee who is making bad mistakes on a fequent basis - unless you disagree? And he is one of our supposedly better refs.

The standard of the refs will only matter to me once we get our own house in order as in my opinion many of our players performances (and increasingly our head coaches decisions) are far worse than anything we have seen from refs recently. Romanov is finished in my eyes, he has lost all interest in Hearts and his disregard for the club and it's supporters is a disgrace.

You have long since been a complete sandbag for the regime but that is entirely your right and if you continue to choose to find no fault in the shambles that is currently Hearts then again that is your right, however other's aren't quite so blind to the real reasons for our decline and it sure as hell ain't the referees.

Libertonian_II
The standard of the refs will only matter to me once we get our own house in order as in my opinion many of our players performances (and increasingly our head coaches decisions) are far worse than anything we have seen from refs recently. Romanov is finished in my eyes, he has lost all interest in Hearts and his disregard for the club and it's supporters is a disgrace.

You have long since been a complete sandbag for the regime but that is entirely your right and if you continue to choose to find no fault in the shambles that is currently Hearts then again that is your right, however other's aren't quite so blind to the real reasons for our decline and it sure as hell ain't the referees.

It's a thread about incompetent officials, not the club.

No sandbag, just a 'supporter', unlike you

Charlie-Brown
Blame the ref eh.

Always the same.

How many posters on this thread blamed the ref AP ? very few that I can see - most people did feel rightly though in my opinion that the ref & linesmen made some blunders.

Thunderstruck

I have been going to Tynecastle for best part of 40 years and, sorry, never stopped to count the number of matches. The enduring feature of games against the OF during that time has been the consistency of the officials I'm ensuring that the decisions go the "right way".

This is not incompetence. In fact, it is the exact opposite; they do what they need to do very well to ensure continued dominance of OF and access to the "euro-milions".

This mistrust of refs is not just a Tynecastle malaise. The support of other team outside OF harbour similar beliefs (it has long since ceased to be a suspicion).

Perhaps another hammering by ManU this week will encourage them to having to work a little harder for points in their own league will better prepare them for playing the big boys.

This is not based on today - I was working and will watch recording when I get home - this is response to notion that officials are worth more than a few points to OF each season.

How many posters on this thread blamed the ref AP ? very few that I can see - most people did feel rightly though in my opinion that the ref & linesmen made some blunders.

Never seems to be an issue when we win though. It is like those who blame VR when we lose. I thought the ref done ok just like last week. The real culprits are the players and Csaba. His passion will only get him so far as he will soon find out.

I've always thought that Craig Thomson was probably the best of the current bunch - however I thought that he was badly let down by his assistants today. There were quite a few incidents where they obviously were better placed than he was and could have helped him out. Funny how the linesman got involved last week - but this week they failed miserably.

The second goal was clearly a hand ball and the linesman must have got a good look at that from his position. Also the penalty in the second half - McDonald was clearly offside - and the foul by Zaliukas was a foot outside the box.

Having said all that - the performance by the team yesterday was disgraceful.

They looked a beaten team from the moment the game kicked off.

We played rubbish that is why we got beat however Thomson the ref was another useless and incompetent erse - made several bad decisions today and how no celtic player was book for going down easily is just another example of the one law for them one law for everyone else that makes a mockery of Scottish football.

CB, may I take this opportunity to point out that Miko did not get booked today, so the ref had a good game!:rolleyes:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The performance of the officials was extremely poor and they essentially got every 50-50 decision wrong, but (for once) that's by the bys as far as I'm concerned.

The highlights are on the BBC now. It is clear (IMO) that Caldwell kept the ball from going out of play with his arm (raised above his head and holding the post) before scoring.

The "penalty" was a clear foul, a clear red card but also clearly outside the box.

"Penalty" shout two was a clear penalty and should have seen C*lt!c given a penalty and Berra sent off.

From looking at the highlights only, it would appear to me that the ref had a 'mare, however I as a supporter would rather he had a 'mare when it doesn't matter, as I don't think that any of those incorrect decisions made it a C*lt!c win.

Last week, the linesman intervened to deny us a penalty and some folk on here were dribbling away saying how good a decision it was and how great it was to see the linesmen doing their job. Next game, the linesmen COULD have intervened to say a) the 2nd goal should not have stood and B) the penalty was not a penalty.

Unfortunately we operate in a society where 'Celtic-minded' people are not just sitting in the stand.

Where was that? Any chance you could post a link to that?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
"Penalty" shout two was a clear penalty and should have seen C*lt!c given a penalty and Berra sent off.

Don't want to split hairs but that wasn't a goalscoring opportunity

Archived