Bruno - Pre Match Interview

Griclesfield

Malinga the Swinga

Certainly does, but you can't blame him. 18 months is a long time to lose in your career, especially as it was a training 'accident'.

brellierlegend

Its convinced me to change my username. Obviously it was horrendous and doing that to a team mate is unacceptable! Just need to come up with an alternative username!

The Real Maroonblood
Its convinced me to change my username. Obviously it was horrendous and doing that to a team mate is unacceptable! Just need to come up with an alternative username!

You could change it to Romanov is killing my club.

Wouldn't mind a player with Brellier's commitment today.

We desperately need players like him.

We had players all over the park - like Bruno - pulling out of 50-50s today.

We desperately need players like him.

We had players all over the park - like Bruno - pulling out of 50-50s today.

Agreed.

Bunch of pussies. To beat Celtic you need to win they battles first.

Hartley, Brown and Robson were doing to us what I'd hoped we'd do to them.

We were well beaten in every department.

Agreed.

Bunch of pussies. To beat Celtic you need to win they battles first.

Hartley, Brown and Robson were doing to us what I'd hoped we'd do to them.

We were well beaten in every department.

We had five midfielders while they had four but they seemed to be right on top of us whenever we got on the ball whereas we just let them have it.

nah don't blame him either.

Bruno is far the better player than Julian ever was/will be

Quite emphatic opinion, and wrong one IMO. I think the excitement over Bruno`s comeback was somewhat over hyped.

Bruno`s a good player but from what i remember he was inconsistent(theres that word again),

I remember him running the show in the 2-1 win v Celtique 2 years ago and a week later looking out of sorts. I think he has still to prove himself over an extended period to convince the support he`s a worthwhile addition.

Brellier wasn`t just a stopper in the middle of the park, he could pass a decent ball and had intelligence in his positioning which was his main strength.

He was also consistent and performed week to week.

How about Brunnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo

Quite emphatic opinion, and wrong one IMO. I think the excitement over Bruno`s comeback was somewhat over hyped.

Bruno`s a good player but from what i remember he was inconsistent(theres that word again),

I remember him running the show in the 2-1 win v Celtique 2 years ago and a week later looking out of sorts. I think he has still to prove himself over an extended period to convince the support he`s a worthwhile addition.

Brellier wasn`t just a stopper in the middle of the park, he could pass a decent ball and had intelligence in his positioning which was his main strength.

Not with you on that one. Brellier was a DM, and yes he did have good positional sense for that position and covered really well for either FB if he was in an advanced position, however, the crazy thing is that Aguiar was initially brought in as a DM also, and TBH he is not a DM. He is either a CM or an AM, and I fear that Brellier may well have nobled him because he came in and was given his starting position. Brellier had a reckless streak in him, which I think we all saw, and whilst some of his many bookings were "clever" many were utter nonsense.

Tbh I think its quite sad and a major indication of the lack of morale and team spirit we have.

Sadly in football injuries happen, players retire young, its all part of the game and I dont for a second think Brellier meant to crock bruno.

Its unfortunate but I really dont see what good Bruno harbouring bitterness, and worse sharing it does for anyone.

It just gives the media more amunition

Charlie-Brown

Brellier was a hothead with less brains and discipline than most players - he also became a marked man with ref's in scotland although unlike Miko most of his bookings were actually deserved......now he's drifting about leagues and clubs.

Malinga the Swinga
Tbh I think its quite sad and a major indication of the lack of morale and team spirit we have.

Sadly in football injuries happen, players retire young, its all part of the game and I dont for a second think Brellier meant to crock bruno.

Its unfortunate but I really dont see what good Bruno harbouring bitterness, and worse sharing it does for anyone.

It just gives the media more amunition

Whilst i, for the first time, agreed with you on the wee GS thread, disagree here. I believe that Brellier knew exactly what he was doing when he crocked Bruno, and that this was also part of thereason he left. Also the real reason he never showed at Robbie's testimonial, as Bruno was on park for 5 minutes.

brellier = overrated player he gained undeserved reputation as some sort of hero. What exactly has he achieved since he left Hearts.

Brellier was a hothead with less brains and discipline than most players - he also became a marked man with ref's in scotland although unlike Miko most of his bookings were actually deserved......now he's drifting about leagues and clubs.

But you know what CB, i just wany feckin players who play like they mean it and JB did.

He may have been a silly boy at times but he got stuck in and wanted to win.

Sometimes all the talk of who should be playing, the formation we should use, blah blah blah and etc gets to you. I just want to see players who really want it bad and want to give their all for the club.

It`s the same feckin inquest on here after very defeat.:banghead::unlove:

Whilst i, for the first time, agreed with you on the wee GS thread, disagree here. I believe that Brellier knew exactly what he was doing when he crocked Bruno, and that this was also part of thereason he left. Also the real reason he never showed at Robbie's testimonial, as Bruno was on park for 5 minutes.

brellier = overrated player he gained undeserved reputation as some sort of hero. What exactly has he achieved since he left Hearts.

Utter pash

Please explain why any professional footballer would deliberatly set out in training to injure a team mate

Also even if he wanted to hurt Bruno I doubt he would risk his own career to do so.

The whole Brellier did it deliberatly line came from the vladsheep who wanted to support vlad in his get rid of Julien campaign.

I thought all along brellier was a bit overrated and a liability re fouls and cards but I dont think he did it deliberatly and he is better than the likes of karapidis and ruben for that role

Utter pash

Please explain why any professional footballer would deliberatly set out in training to injure a team mate

Also even if he wanted to hurt Bruno I doubt he would risk his own career to do so.

The whole Brellier did it deliberatly line came from the vladsheep who wanted to support vlad in his get rid of Julien campaign.

I thought all along brellier was a bit overrated and a liability re fouls and cards but I dont think he did it deliberatly and he is better than the likes of karapidis and ruben for that role

Tripe. It wasn't widely known that Brellier had nobbled Bruno even by the time Brellier left, and it sure wasn't common knowledge about just how long Bruno would be out for.

Not with you on that one. Brellier was a DM, and yes he did have good positional sense for that position and covered really well for either FB if he was in an advanced position, however, the crazy thing is that Aguiar was initially brought in as a DM also, and TBH he is not a DM. He is either a CM or an AM, and I fear that Brellier may well have nobled him because he came in and was given his starting position. Brellier had a reckless streak in him, which I think we all saw, and whilst some of his many bookings were "clever" many were utter nonsense.

An absolutely disgraceful statement.

Perhaps Bruno was jumping out of a 50:50 in the notorious training ground incident, just as all our midfielders including him did yesterday. Perhaps it was just an accident.

As an aside, the politics at the club which meant that Webster and Brellier - 2 of our best players that season - were replaced in the cup final by Tall and Aguiar - our 2 worst players in the cup final - nearly cost us the Cup.

Jam Tarts 1874

No, getting caught time and time again in possession was his main strength, I can't believe that there are still a few who are guided by some "Brellier was a martyr" fantasy, than are guided by the facts.

Archived