Just Subscribed

Coco1874

No, not a major announcement, but after 3 years of thought, I have decided to subscribe to Jambos Kickback, it may be the Bob marley in the backround, or the GIN in my system talking, but my decision has not been made lightly; After all, The Vlad Sheep and Hat kicker rubbish which has been flying about has put me off slightly, but my decision has come on the basis that this is a board which is commited to promoting the name of Heart of Midlothian FC, which to me, is ?5 well spent! Admittedly, my passion for Hearts has dropped slightly due to recent events, and I still hurt at the pain of walking out the door to that game against Dunfermline when Burley was sacked (A day I will never forget), I, probably like many of us supporters of Hearts, remember watching the new dodgy version of Scotsport (with the northern guy, and dodgy looking bird) all through the start of Burleys first season as boss and remember him being on the programme and up until the week he was sacked he said he was aiming for third spot in the league, then that Monday, he said, "No! we are aiming for First spot, We want to win the league" Anyway, blah, blah blah, the gin is taking over! Time to get to the point, I have subscribed to Jambos kickback because I believe that this is the closest representative of the core support of Heart of Midlothian FC! Come on the Jambos!!!!!

No, not a major announcement, but after 3 years of thought, I have decided to subscribe to Jambos Kickback, it may be the Bob marley in the backround, or the GIN in my system talking, but my decision has not been made lightly; After all, The Vlad Sheep and Hat kicker rubbish which has been flying about has put me off slightly, but my decision has come on the basis that this is a board which is commited to promoting the name of Heart of Midlothian FC, which to me, is ?5 well spent! Admittedly, my passion for Hearts has dropped slightly due to recent events, and I still hurt at the pain of walking out the door to that game against Dunfermline when Burley was sacked (A day I will never forget), I, probably like many of us supporters of Hearts, remember watching the new dodgy version of Scotsport (with the northern guy, and dodgy looking bird) all through the start of Burleys first season as boss and remember him being on the programme and up until the week he was sacked he said he was aiming for third spot in the league, then that Monday, he said, "No! we are aiming for First spot, We want to win the league" Anyway, blah, blah blah, the gin is taking over! Time to get to the point, I have subscribed to Jambos kickback because I believe that this is the closest representative of the core support of Heart of Midlothian FC! Come on the Jambos!!!!!

JKB is good but the one thing it does not do is represent the core support of Heart of Midlothian, i can gaurantee that.

On a side note, did you take up supporting Hearts during the Burley era?

JKB is good but the one thing it does not do is represent the core support of Heart of Midlothian, i can gaurantee that.

On a side note, did you take up supporting Hearts during the Burley era?

How do you do that?

Nucky Thompson
How do you do that?
All he had to do was look at the which OF team do you hate the most poll.

All he had to do was look at the which OF team do you hate the most poll.

Correct.

Correct.

To be fair, that is the sort of response I expected. However it is far from accurate. I myself know quite a few Hearts fans, some that I go to games with, some that I have worked with, and some that I have just shared a pint with. I would not say that the dislike or hatred of either of the Glasgow teams is vastly laden to one side.

I would find it hard to believe that you two, and Scott, know more fans than those that frequent JKB. Whilst it may not be an entirely accurate account, like my original question, not the sort of thing you could guarantee, but this is as close as there is. There are 10,942 members, of those 4,685 are "active". I refuse to believe that you three can lay claim to higher figures than that.

But hey, don't let that stop you making things up. :)

Drylaw Hearts
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30663&highlight=poll

Do you reckon 76% of the Hearts fans who attended Easter Rd or those who will attend Tynecastle today (ie core supporters) want 'Romanov Out Now'?

JF...

Whilst it is very difficult to be 100% sure either way I would guess that it would not be far off that figure.

I know very few Hearts supporters that want Romanov to stay.

You gonna show me figures to the contrary?

Ah BH, you know I'm not capable of doing so. You however, are capable of answering my question.

:)

JF...

Whilst it is very difficult to be 100% sure either way I would guess that it would not be far off that figure.

I know very few Hearts supporters that want Romanov to stay.

'Romanov Out' was the poll. I take that as regardless of the implications.

I'd guess the figure would be nowhere near that.

Drylaw Hearts

All you need to do is ask every Hearts supporter you speak to today if they would prefere Romanov to sell-up and keep a rough mental score.

I would be surpised if 25% of the people you ask want him to stay in control at Hearts.

Very surprised.

Ah BH, you know I'm not capable of doing so. You however, are capable of answering my question.

The emboldened section is exactly the point though. I will refer you to my earlier post...

To be fair, that is the sort of response I expected. However it is far from accurate. I myself know quite a few Hearts fans, some that I go to games with, some that I have worked with, and some that I have just shared a pint with. I would not say that the dislike or hatred of either of the Glasgow teams is vastly laden to one side.

I would find it hard to believe that you two, and Scott, know more fans than those that frequent JKB. Whilst it may not be an entirely accurate account, like my original question, not the sort of thing you could guarantee, but this is as close as there is. There are 10,942 members, of those 4,685 are "active". I refuse to believe that you three can lay claim to higher figures than that.

But hey, don't let that stop you making things up. :)

I don't claim to agree with all polls, nor am I saying that everything typed on JKB is gospel, it isn't, what I AM saying is that this is as good as you are gonna get when looking to gauge current opinion.

As for your question, I would echo DH, I actually do not think that the figure is far from that, and I am not 16, 21 or any age in-between (unfortunately :() Three quarters of those voting wanted him out, I would say that is not far from the truth amongst the guys that I know, however I am not claiming a guarantee, am I? ;)

Again, you have guessed, I have guessed, the numbers that we are basing our guesses on are comparatively small, why don't we have a poll to see what other Hearts fans say? We could use a website that has 10,942 members, of those 4,685 are "active" ;)

All you need to do is ask every Hearts supporter you speak to today if they would prefere Romanov to sell-up and keep a rough mental score.

I would be surpised if 25% of the people you ask want him to stay in control at Hearts.

Very surprised.

I agree, If he had someone to sell to, I'd be surprised if 25% wanted him to stay in control.

I'd also be surprised if 75% wanted him out regardless of the consequences (ie Tynecastle/Murrayfield/:blah:) though.

Very surprised.

Even then his figure would be relatively low. I am not going to quote numbers again, but this forum has more "active" (no idea what that term means tbh) members than JF would speak to on the bus, in the pub, walking to the ground and at the ground.

Even then his figure would be relatively low. I am not going to quote numbers again, but this forum has more "active" (no idea what that term means tbh) members than JF would speak to on the bus, in the pub, walking to the ground and at the ground.

It is quite a large bus to be fair.

Drylaw Hearts
I agree, If he had someone to sell to, I'd be surprised if 25% wanted him to stay in control.

I'd also be surprised if 75% wanted him out regardless of the consequences (ie Tynecastle/Murrayfield/:blah:) though.

The poll asks the simple question : Romanov Out ?

The only way to get him out would be for him to have someone to sell to.

My take on the poll is that 76% of Hearts fans would prefer someone else in control of Hearts and I do think that figure would not be too far of the mark.

Also....

I recall a poll asking : Are you renewing your Season Ticket ?

IIRC, the outcome of that particular poll proved to be very accurate.

It is quite a large bus to be fair.

I am not aware of any bus that carries over 1000 Hearts fans on a match day.

Still, I assume since you didn't answer, you now know that when you answered "correct" you really meant "incorrect".

The poll asks the simple question : Romanov Out ?

The only way to get him out would be for him to have someone to sell to.

My take on the poll is that 76% of Hearts fans would prefer someone else in control of Hearts and I do think that figure would not be too far of the mark.

When Mercer was in control and the majority wanted him out, the supporters protested. Same with CPR.

Why no demo/protest/action group now then if these figures are accurate?

How far away do you think that is from happening DH?

Still, I assume since you didn't answer, you now know that when you answered "correct" you really meant "incorrect".

No I meant 'correct' then and I still do.

Drylaw Hearts
When Mercer was in control and the majority wanted him out, the supporters protested. Same with CPR.

How far away do you think that is from happening?

I don't know JF.

How far away do you think that is from happening DH?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully a long way away, those protests where embarrasing. And in no way helped the team in any way shape or form.

And for what its worth, I dont want Romanov to go. I want him to stay and get it right. I have faith that with Csaba at the helm and given time, we will.

Drylaw Hearts

Hopefully a long way away, those protests where embarrasing. And in no way helped the team in any way shape or form.

The team was short term.

The future of the Club was long term.

How far away do you think that is from happening DH?

The poll question is too simplistic to ascertain exactly what each subject meant when they responded.

They may prefer someone else to own the club but are not yet at the stage where they are actively against Vlad. They may be actively against him and want to protest etc my point is that no-one knows.

We may be far away from protests and boycotts etc but that doesn't mean that the majority of Hearts fans approve of the current regime.

I'd probably agree with Drylaw, if asked Vlad or someone else, the majority of Hearts fans would probably pick someone else.

No I meant 'correct' then and I still do.

If that is the case then you obviously have issues with some of the words used.

Do you guarantee that because the result of the poll about the two Glasgow teams proves that JKB is not representative of Hearts fans views? If so, HOW do you guarantee that?

Or, like I said first time round, you can simply make things up if you want.

Do you guarantee that because the result of the poll about the two Glasgow teams proves that JKB is not representative of Hearts fans views? If so, HOW do you guarantee that?

Look at what I quoted from Scotts post BH.

He was the only one to use the word 'guarantee'

A large %age of people on this are from other countries to find out Hearts news so if they don go to the games then there not our core support. Another large %age on this enjoy the messageboards more than going to games and you can do that by checking the match threads when the game is playing.

Maybe there is a silent majority on this who do go games and might take part in polls, but the views expressed on this site do not reflect the views of the core support. I can gaurantee that! (Just to wind up bighusref :P)

Look at what I quoted from Scotts post BH.

He was the only one to use the word 'guarantee'

See, I was not referring to your "correct" response to Scott, I was referring to the response to The Boo, that was agreeing with the guaranteeing statement. Yet you still maintain your fictional view. I suppose, we have a history of folk making things up on here eh! ;)

A large %age of people on this are from other countries to find out Hearts news so if they don go to the games then there not our core support. Another large %age on this enjoy the messageboards more than going to games and you can do that by checking the match threads when the game is playing.

What makes you say that? What IS the large percentage? I would not say the percentage is that big at all.

Maybe there is a silent majority on this who do go games and might take part in polls, but the views expressed on this site do not reflect the views of the core support. I can gaurantee that! (Just to wind up bighusref :P)

At least you admit your guarantee is fictional. :)

Archived