which old firm team do you hate the most?

Guest jambomickey

which old firm team do you hate most?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which old firm team do you hate most?

• celtic
    • rangers

winston churchill
I've said and done stupid things in the past, yes - haven't you? But if we have more than 65,000 fans in the UK, where on earth are they?

The 'survey' (pfft!) quoted Rangers as having more fans worldwide than Celtic (garbage), Norwich as having 458,000 fans (!), and failed to quote Sunderland anywhere in the top 20 - and all from a sample size of 5,213. The whole thing was a work of fiction. The figure I've used is what I've been told by Hearts' commercial department; and to me, it's a damn sight closer to the truth than this nonsense, which you hilariously appear to have swallowed.

how do you know how many hearts fans there are.

did you do a head count from oxford.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how do you know how many hearts fans there are.

did you do a head count from oxford.

How do you know how many Hearts fans there are? Did you do a head count in Edinburgh?

I would have taken a "both" option if there was one, but I went for Rangers as IMO currently there is more to dislike about them.

winston churchill
How do you know how many Hearts fans there are? Did you do a head count in Edinburgh?

answering a question with a question.

as i thought,talking out you bottom as per usual.

Commander Harris
I've said and done stupid things in the past, yes - haven't you? But if we have more than 65,000 fans in the UK, where on earth are they?

The 'survey' (pfft!) quoted Rangers as having more fans worldwide than Celtic (garbage), Norwich as having 458,000 fans (!), and failed to quote Sunderland anywhere in the top 20 - and all from a sample size of 5,213. The whole thing was a work of fiction. The figure I've used is what I've been told by Hearts' commercial department; and to me, it's a damn sight closer to the truth than this nonsense, which you hilariously appear to have swallowed.

the figure of 400,000 might be a bit on the high side but I think the cup winning parade of 98 shows that this figure isn't that innacurate if we include the latent support, folk that would nominally consider themselves Hearts supporters but wouldn't go to games regularly.

There was certainly much more than 65,000, at least nominal, Hearts fans on that day.

The problem with celtic is the green hoops. The thin lips. The names; Pat McCourt, Owen Archdeacon, Willie Haughey. The cross in their badge, circa 1988. Strapon. The expression 'celtic-minded'.

I could go on.

Pure and unadulterated filth. All of it.

black hair!

answering a question with a question.

as i thought,talking out you bottom as per usual.

Nope - answering with what I was told by Hearts' commercial department. If there are people on here who actually took that survey seriously, I suggest they consult their doctor as a matter of urgency.

the figure of 400,000 might be a bit on the high side but I think the cup winning parade of 98 shows that this figure isn't that innacurate if we include the latent support, folk that would nominally consider themselves Hearts supporters but wouldn't go to games regularly.

There was certainly much more than 65,000, at least nominal, Hearts fans on that day.

There were - but how many of them have ever been to a game, or more casually, even check for our results on a Saturday night? A large proportion of those at both Cup parades plainly just wanted to be at an 'event'. To put it another way: stadiums were continually sold out when the USA hosted the World Cup - but how many of those in attendance were bona fide football fans, and how many just wanted to be at an event?

Commander Harris
There were - but how many of them have ever been to a game, or more casually, even check for our results on a Saturday night? A large proportion of those at both Cup parades plainly just wanted to be at an 'event'. To put it another way: stadiums were continually sold out when the USA hosted the World Cup - but how many of those in attendance were bona fide football fans, and how many just wanted to be at an event?

The figure in the survey included latent support, it wasn't a figure of the number of people who had been to a game. I imagine most of the 250,000 approx people that turned out that day considered themselves to be Hearts fans.

Of course it would be foolish to say that Hearts have a pool of 400,000 supporters that can and would come to games regularly and support the team that way, but that's not what that survey was about.

winston churchill
Nope - answering with what I was told by Hearts' commercial department. If there are people on here who actually took that survey seriously, I suggest they consult their doctor as a matter of urgency.

like me,like you, the commercial office don't have a clue how many fans hearts have world wide.

next time you phone them,could you ask them too add my two kids onto their list.

There are probably many, many people who aren't that fascinated by football but when asked who they support might well describe themselves as Hearts fans. There are different kinds of fans and from a marketing perspective, these people need to be included and acknowledged because their allegiance alone is something that might well turn into revenue at some point...whether at a cup final or perhaps when their kids decide they ARE into football and want to go to Tynecastle.

The fact that they don't go to games every week doesn't mean that they shouldn't be considered supporters.

Commander Harris
There are probably many, many people who aren't that fascinated by football but when asked who they support might well describe themselves as Hearts fans. There are different kinds of fans and from a marketing perspective, these people need to be included and acknowledged because their allegiance alone is something that might well turn into revenue at some point...whether at a cup final or perhaps when their kids decide they ARE into football and want to go to Tynecastle.

The fact that they don't go to games every week doesn't mean that they shouldn't be considered supporters.

indeed. My younger brother for one has little interest in football but he would consider himself a Hearts supporter if asked, I think I've managed to drag him along to about 3 games in his whole life but he does does have some Hearts merchandise, including a replica shirt.

From a sample size of 5,213, red?!?

MacDonald Jardine

They're extrapolating results to a wider field in the same way you are for polls on JKB.

Statistics from random sampling are what they are and the formulae used in them are widely accepted in every other area of life. Presumably the same sample also gave every other club their place in the rankings so why is it just ours that might be unrepresentative?

They're extrapolating results to a wider field in the same way you are for polls on JKB.

But that's a sample size of 5,213 extrapolated to encompass fans of all British clubs (Norwich: 458,000 fans; Wolves: 384,000; Sheff Wed, 371,000; Sunderland, fewer than that. On all counts, eh?). At least the couple of thousand on here are pretty much all Hearts fans, and the polls aren't promptly multiplied by eighty or more!

Statistics from random sampling are what they are and the formulae used in them are widely accepted in every other area of life. Presumably the same sample also gave every other club their place in the rankings so why is it just ours that might be unrepresentative?

Bloody all of them were unrepresentative, as I've already pointed out viz. the cases of Rangers, Celtic, Norwich, Sheff Wed and Sunderland. But if you google the survey, the only club which saw fit to cite it on its website was our one: funny, that.

But that's a sample size of 5,213 extrapolated to encompass fans of all British clubs (Norwich: 458,000 fans; Wolves: 384,000; Sheff Wed, 371,000; Sunderland, fewer than that. On all counts, eh?). At least the couple of thousand on here are pretty much all Hearts fans, and the polls aren't promptly multiplied by eighty or more!

Wouldn't we then be expected to feature less prominently in a UK wide poll than we would if it had been a Scottish poll?

Sad to see so many 'hate' threads dominate the board this evening, it's a tie between this and the Garth Crooks one as the most deplorable of them all

Wouldn't we then be expected to feature less prominently in a UK wide poll than we would if it had been a Scottish poll?

Yes, we would. Said survey also thinks that Leicester have almost 50% more supporters than Wolves. My backside they do. For the record, in Britain, my best guess is that Hearts rank outside the top 20, but inside the top 30 - and that the figures quoted for all but a handful of teams in the survey were vastly inflated.

Bloody all of them were unrepresentative, as I've already pointed out viz. the cases of Rangers, Celtic, Norwich, Sheff Wed and Sunderland. But if you google the survey, the only club which saw fit to cite it on its website was our one: funny, that.

Damn right! So they should. :)

The way I see it, Hearts are a big club (in Scottish terms) and therefore they're a likely choice for Scottish neutrals who don't live here, don't much fancy the OF and yet quite like football. They're based in the capital - a city which traditionally isn't all that strong in terms of attendances at football matches but probably does have a good number of 'interested parties' nonetheless. And then there's Hearts the club itself, it has a romantic name and an interesting history...both of which are enough to pick up a few more fans who just quite like the sound of it all.

I'm not saying there are 400k, I haven't a clue how many there really are out there....but it doesn't surprise me at all that there are a good number of fringe supporters. Not at all.

Damn right! So they should. :)

The way I see it, Hearts are a big club (in Scottish terms) and therefore they're a likely choice for Scottish neutrals who don't live here, don't much fancy the OF and yet quite like football. They're based in the capital - a city which traditionally isn't all that strong in terms of attendances at football matches but probably does have a good number of 'interested parties' nonetheless. And then there's Hearts the club itself, it has a romantic name and an interesting history...both of which are enough to pick up a few more fans who just quite like the sound of it all.

I'm not saying there are 400k, I haven't a clue how many there really are out there....but it doesn't surprise me at all that there are a good number of fringe supporters. Not at all.

We are a big club in Scottish terms, and I do get what you're saying. It's why I briefly thought Chris Robinson had the right idea when he talked about marketing us as a truly Scottish club, so making us the choice for so many of those who despise the OF. Doubtless, at the time the survey was done, we figured more prominently among the sample size because we'd been in the news so much that season, for good and bad reasons.

But while we're a big Scottish club, we're only a middling British one, and a small European one. That's why I find the figures so hard to take seriously. In all likelihood, we probably are comparable to someone like Norwich - but at a much lower level.

I hate Rangers much more,

reasons;

Barry "the crab" Ferguson:mad:

Kirk "the worst player/overrated in the SPL" Broadfoot:mad:

Walter "the traitor" Smith:mad:

the fans:mad:

their songs:mad:

our apparent association with them:mad:

their salutes:mad:

I feel so much better when we beat Rangers than I do when we beat Celtic, although, we've beaten Celtic so much recently, I think it's just getting boring.:P

MacDonald Jardine
I hate Rangers much more,

reasons;

Barry "the crab" Ferguson:mad:

Kirk "the worst player/overrated in the SPL" Broadfoot:mad:

Walter "the traitor" Smith:mad:

the fans:mad:

their songs:mad:

our apparent association with them:mad:

their salutes:mad:

I feel so much better when we beat Rangers than I do when we beat Celtic, although, we've beaten Celtic so much recently, I think it's just getting boring.:P

So you don't mind traitor McGeady, Strachan/ O'Neill and the Celtic fans and songs?

MacDonald Jardine
We are a big club in Scottish terms, and I do get what you're saying. It's why I briefly thought Chris Robinson had the right idea when he talked about marketing us as a truly Scottish club, so making us the choice for so many of those who despise the OF. Doubtless, at the time the survey was done, we figured more prominently among the sample size because we'd been in the news so much that season, for good and bad reasons.

But while we're a big Scottish club, we're only a middling British one, and a small European one. That's why I find the figures so hard to take seriously. In all likelihood, we probably are comparable to someone like Norwich - but at a much lower level.

It's actually impossible to calculate the numbers and IIRC some of the results of that survey were more than a bit odd.

But if you're talking about people with an interest, even if only a slight interest, I can see 400,000 might not be far off the mark.

So you don't mind traitor McGeady, Strachan/ O'Neill and the Celtic fans and songs?

The Rangers fans and songs are equally as filthy as Celtic's ones.

Its just some people dont care to take their union flag tinted glasses off.

MacDonald Jardine
The Rangers fans and songs are equally as filthy as Celtic's ones.

Its just some people dont care to take their union flag tinted glasses off.

While others leave their trendy PC glasses on and see them as worse.

I liked Martin O'Neill and Strachan's not too bad either.

McGeady chose Ireland over Scotland, that is fair enough, I think he has had enough abuse for that, I'm past caring about it now to be honest. Smith on the other hand was managing a successful team, something we as a country haven't seen in years, we were on our way to the Euros and he left to go to Ibrox:eek::eek::eek:!!!

Oh and I'd also like to add Kris Boyd to my list. Quitting his country I hope he never wears a Scotland strip again, I also hope he gets the justified pelters when he visits every ground in Scotland.

As for Celtic songs, yes they have their bad ones, I'm not disagreeing with that, it's just Rangers have as well and it's another reason to HATE them.

south morocco

shellick ,only because they're next up. In reality, i dislike them equally usually, they are both vile imo

There has been a lot of debate on here about which club is hated most over the last few days (Hibs, Gers or Smeltic) but i hope this might change a few opinions.

Mine by far is Smeltic Football Club for a few reasons but in particular this one:

Back in May 2005 we played Celtic at home in the penultimate league game of the season which they luckily won 2-1 to stay 1st in the league with just a game to go.

I was living in Glasgow at the time so therefore had the misfortune of boarding a packed train full of vile tims on the way home.

The guy standing in front of me had a t-shirt especially made up for the day which said "When grown men weep" followed by a picture of crying Hearts supports at dens in May 1986.

I had to laugh when just 7 days later Macdonald scored that brace for Well to ensure Gers won the title at the death and took it away from Celtic.

The Celtic fans were crying after that one - if only i had a picture of that guys face! Sure he has learned not to gloat ever again.

This is why it has to be Smeltic as the most hated and really looking forward to giving them a doing tomorrow. Mon the jambos get stuck into the S**M!

Nucky Thompson

Looking at the poll results it's obvious JKB is infested with loads of non Jambos:rolleyes: You only have to step into Tynecastle against the mhanks to know what the mosted hated team is.

I remember their their 20th anniversary Albert Kidd banner of a few years back.

Fair enough, They (Sellick) won the league, we never.

Our 'neighbours' still celebrating it however makes little sense, In fact I take that back.....Given their god awful pitiful existance as a football club ,given the fact they have lived in the shadow of the establishment team, given the fact they have seen Hearts win more games at Easter Rd than Hibs have, I'd be fecking bitter as well and would have little else to shout about.

Oh wait, Skol cup 91, MMC 2007, Aye whatever.

107 tramps.

Reptiles.

FTH

I remember their their 20th anniversary Albert Kidd banner of a few years back.

Fair enough, They (Sellick) won the league, we never.

Our 'neighbours' still celebrating it however makes little sense, In fact I take that back.....Given their god awful pitiful existance as a football club ,given the fact they have lived in the shadow of the establishment team, given the fact they have seen Hearts win more games at Easter Rd than Hibs have, I'd be fecking bitter as well and would have little else to shout about.

Oh wait, Skol cup 91, MMC 2007, Aye whatever.

107 tramps.

Reptiles.

FTH

A hibby I know brought up '86 in a conversation, he was saying how we lost the league that season, we still finished 2nd and got to a cup final, where were they???!!!

In a 20 year old Hibernian fan's lifetime, their only "achievments" have been the league cup in 91 and 2007 and getting promoted from the Scottish first division in 1999. What else have Hibs done?

Hearts have runners up in the SPL, Champions League games, TWO Scottish cups, many European nights and being able to keep our status in the Premier League.

Two sides of the same coin, proved by the way the work together whenever it suits them, I dislike the OF equally and both far, far more than Hibs.

I just hope that the team get right in about Celtic tomorrow, and the fans get right behind Hearts.

A week tomorrow we remember the greatest sacrifice made by the players of our football club and it is something in which we should take great pride.

Please tomorrow let's hope no-one does or sings anything which brings shame on our club.

Not this week.

Many people are looking for a stick to beat us with, do not give them it tomorrow.

Carshalton Hearts

Forgetting all the religious stuff surely this should be a no brainer just from their fans' attitude towards us. One lot at best couldn't care less about us and at worst are patronising towards us the others quite frankly despise us and constantly seek trouble against Hearts fans. That alone should be enough for any Hearts fan (without their own political agenda) to have more animosity towards Celtic than Rangers.

The poll result is disappointing from the fact that it does indicate that Kickback isn't representative of the attitude of the general Hearts support. You only need to go to Tynecastle for games against both Rangers and Celtic to see where the real hatred is and it isn't against Rangers.

Catholicism must be eradicated from ALL walks of life! Hang them low, hang them high.

p.s. I voted for the huns - vile.

Gies a kiss.

x

Maybe I've been out the loop, but the last thing I remember regarding your illustrious self, was that you had ceasesed posting from this board.

I thought you were a man of principles?!?!?! :1132:

there is no celtic. There is no rangers. There is only the old firm. They are one in the same, and should be hated as such.

Geoff Kilpatrick

At the moment, it's the stickies because we've played them last. By full time today it'll be the jungles.

Nucky Thompson

Back in the real world today, everyone in and around Tynie will feel the poisonous atmosphere never known when any other team visits including Hibs or Rangers. FFS I can't even go to the Roseburn Bar before the game today, funny how I get not a bit of hassle when we play Rangers.

Charlie-Brown

I detest Rangers FC but I don't make a song & dance about it, I really don't like Celtic either but if I had to chose then I'd say the Huns edge it as their sc.um-bag fans are every bit as bad or worse than the mhanks.

Archived