which old firm team do you hate the most?

Guest jambomickey

which old firm team do you hate most?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which old firm team do you hate most?

• celtic
    • rangers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
King of the North

Rangers by a mile

Subhuman trash to a man, woman and child. Every one of them a bigot and Scotland's shame.

King of the North
Not true. :rolleyes:

Celtic for me.

scratch the surface deep enough and it is in my experience. Plus they all think we are their wee cousins, which I fecking hate. I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than have anything to do with that shower.

INteresting poll results so far though - well played the silent majority.

The problem with celtic is the green hoops. The thin lips. The names; Pat McCourt, Owen Archdeacon, Willie Haughey. The cross in their badge, circa 1988. Strapon. The expression 'celtic-minded'.

I could go on.

Pure and unadulterated filth. All of it.

Rangers by a mile

Subhuman trash to a man, woman and child. Every one of them a bigot and Scotland's shame.

That's rich coming from yourself. Boasting on here before of your grandad attacking the protestant unionists as they had their parade.

The Real Maroonblood
That's rich coming from yourself. Boasting on here before of your grandad attacking the protestant unionists as they had their parade.

At least you will show you are above all this hate nonsense.

King of the North

I think you have me mixed up with someone else mate. Neither of my grandads are likely to have been anywhere near any parade, republican, unionist or otherwise.

No option for hating them both equally.

Come to think of it I probably do hate Rangers more.

Goodness me. The traditionalists who are always telling us Hearts fans hate Celtic more than Rangers had better get voting. Otherwise people might get the wrong impression...

MacDonald Jardine
Goodness me. The traditionalists who are always telling us Hearts fans hate Celtic more than Rangers had better get voting. Otherwise people might get the wrong impression...

Yet another example of why JKB is not as representative of the wider support as some on here like to make out.

Yet another example of why JKB is not as representative of the wider support as some on here like to make out.

I wasn't expecting it to take long, but that must be some kind of record.

MacDonald Jardine
I wasn't expecting it to take long, but that must be some kind of record.

Do you seriously think two thirds of the Hearts support hate Rangers more than Celtic

Oh? How's that then? If Obama wins on Tuesday, will the Republicans just dismiss the result as unrepresentative of the American population?

What's so wrong with being in a minority anyway - and why do you find it so difficult to accept that you are on this one?

King of the North
Do you seriously think two thirds of the Hearts support hate Rangers more than Celtic

Yes

Aside from the ever decreasing minority who wish it was still the 1970s, most Hearts fans are decent members of an ordinary society. They recognise that Rangers FC are a complete anachronism whose history and policies are founded on hatred. They have no place in the modern world. Backward bigots. So most Hearts fans do probably hate Rangers more than Celtic. Celtic fans are at least ordinary fellow football fans, albeit nippy annoying ones who play the victim all the time.

But arrogant and vicious hatred is far worse than nippy plastics, so the huns are hated more by the ordinary fan. Of course, for a few bigots on here that may prove unpalatable. So if it helps, you could always just say that those who have voted for the huns are actually just PC handwringers.

Welcome to the modern world - the huns are the shame of Scotland. Every decent football fan knows it - why should Hearts fans be any different.

I've no idea. I actually agree with your point, though. JKB is not representative of the real Hearts support. There are all sorts of "types" which are voluble and fairly numerous on JKB that are entirely absent in the group of Hearts fans in which I move. One example would be the people who have spent much of the last three years sticking up for the absurdities of the current regime. Another would be the group of fans which appears to be obsessed with hatred of Celtic and thinks there is some mileage in taking certain flags to games.

MacDonald Jardine
Oh? How's that then? If Obama wins on Tuesday, will the Republicans just dismiss the result as unrepresentative of the American population?

What's so wrong with being in a minority anyway - and why do you find it so difficult to accept that you are on this one?

Whatever the faults in the US electoral system I'd hope they were a tiny bit more scientific than a poll on here.

Nothing wrong with being in a minority.

I find it hard to accept because in 25 years of going week in week out I meet very few people with that view. Not none but very few.

If the figures were as indicated I'd expect to have met far more and for it to be far more obvious.

It also doesn't explain the difference in atmosphere at Hearts v Celtic as opposed to Hearts v Rangers games.

It can't all be the work of what I continually read on here is about 25 folk with Loyalist views.

FWIW I would expect the single biggest group to be hating both equally but then it would be Celtic.

MacDonald Jardine
Yes

Aside from the ever decreasing minority who wish it was still the 1970s, most Hearts fans are decent members of an ordinary society. They recognise that Rangers FC are a complete anachronism whose history and policies are founded on hatred. They have no place in the modern world. Backward bigots. So most Hearts fans do probably hate Rangers more than Celtic. Celtic fans are at least ordinary fellow football fans, albeit nippy annoying ones who play the victim all the time.

But arrogant and vicious hatred is far worse than nippy plastics, so the huns are hated more by the ordinary fan. Of course, for a few bigots on here that may prove unpalatable. So if it helps, you could always just say that those who have voted for the huns are actually just PC handwringers.

Welcome to the modern world - the huns are the shame of Scotland. Every decent football fan knows it - why should Hearts fans be any different.

If you think the majority of any group thinks like that, outwith Celtic park anyway, you're more deluded than I thought.

King of the North
If you think the majority of any group thinks like that, outwith Celtic park anyway, you're more deluded than I thought.

You want to try speaking to people outside of Robbos bar.

Every fan I know of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Falkirk, Dundee utd, whoever, would agree.

Are you suggesting that most football fans in Scotland DONT think the huns are an absolute disgrace?

Dearie me. Who is deluded...

I've no idea. I actually agree with your point, though. JKB is not representative of the real Hearts support. There are all sorts of "types" which are voluble and fairly numerous on JKB that are entirely absent in the group of Hearts fans in which I move. One example would be the people who have spent much of the last three years sticking up for the absurdities of the current regime. Another would the the group of fans which appears to be obsessed with hatred of Celtic and thinks there is some mileage in taking certain flags to games.

That's an excellent point actually.

I don't know any Hearts fans who are as downbeat as some of the misery-guts, over-reacting, trouser-soilers that we have on here. I also don't know anyone who will publically speak up for the Romanovs the way some kickbackers do. Likewise, I don't know any Hearts supporters with the relentless, anti-Celtic obsession.

That's the thing about forums I suppose, just because a couple of dozen of them post on JKB in a vociferous fashion, does not make them right. The minorities among the Hearts support certainly make a lot of noise.

Take for example the Pressley thing at Robbie's testimonial. He got a great reaction from about 90% of the thousands of people at the ground but some would have sworn that he was given dogs abuse and boo'd off the pitch.

Whatever the faults in the US electoral system I'd hope they were a tiny bit more scientific than a poll on here.

Nothing wrong with being in a minority.

I find it hard to accept because in 25 years of going week in week out I meet very few people with that view. Not none but very few.

If the figures were as indicated I'd expect to have met far more and for it to be far more obvious.

It also doesn't explain the difference in atmosphere at Hearts v Celtic as opposed to Hearts v Rangers games.

It can't all be the work of what I continually read on here is about 25 folk with Loyalist views.

FWIW I would expect the single biggest group to be hating both equally but then it would be Celtic.

This is, to be fair, a very good point - perhaps it's harder for people to show their voluble hate of Rangers at games for some reason (mainly because Rangers fans, full of harmless wee brother syndrome, couldn't give a toss)?

FWIW, contrary to what leginten said above, I often think JKB is broadly representative. In the summer, when there were polls on here asking whether people had renewed, 20-30% hadn't - which corresponded remarkably closely with the actual figures as it turned out. It may also be that, in the oft-used phrase, a 'silent majority' exists on here, but is frequently drowned out by the more voluble posters.

I don't know any Hearts fans who are as downbeat as some of the misery-guts, over-reacting, trouser-soilers that we have on here. I also don't know anyone who will publically speak up for the Romanovs the way some kickbackers do. Likewise, I don't know any Hearts supporters with the relentless, anti-Celtic obsession.

That's the thing about forums I suppose, just because a couple of dozen of them post on JKB in a vociferous fashion, does not make them right. The minorities among the Hearts support certainly make a lot of noise.

Take for example the Pressley thing at Robbie's testimonial. He got a great reaction from about 90% of the thousands of people at the ground but some would have sworn that he was given dogs abuse and boo'd off the pitch.

I knew I could rely on you to balance my post out, Cosa!

:P

With apologies for making this reference yet again:

UGARTE: You despise me, don't you?

RICK: If I gave you any thought I probably would.

That's us and Celtic, that is.

Yes

Thats the most ridiculous post i've read. Celtic fans just ordinary chappies??? Rangers fans the big bad wolf? P1SH.

JKB is not representative of the wider hearts support. How many members are on here? 1000? maybe 2000? I don't know but if you consider theres apparently 400,000 hearts fans in Britain then that says it all.

MacDonald Jardine
You want to try speaking to people outside of Robbos bar.

Every fan I know of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Falkirk, Dundee utd, whoever, would agree.

Are you suggesting that most football fans in Scotland DONT think the huns are an absolute disgrace?

Dearie me. Who is deluded...

I'm suggesting very few fans of any club have your relentlessly bitter attitude to Rangers or anyone who professes to support them.

Thats the most ridiculous post i've read. Celtic fans just ordinary chappies??? Rangers fans the big bad wolf? P1SH.

JKB is not representative of the wider hearts support. How many members are on here? 1000? maybe 2000? I don't know but if you consider theres apparently 400,000 hearts fans in Britain then that says it all.

Except that there aren't 400,000 Hearts fans, either in Britain or anywhere else.

400,000 - don't believe the propaganda :eek:

MacDonald Jardine
This is, to be fair, a very good point - perhaps it's harder for people to show their voluble hate of Rangers at games for some reason (mainly because Rangers fans, full of harmless wee brother syndrome, couldn't give a toss)?

FWIW, contrary to what leginten said above, I often think JKB is broadly representative. In the summer, when there were polls on here asking whether people had renewed, 20-30% hadn't - which corresponded remarkably closely with the actual figures as it turned out. It may also be that, in the oft-used phrase, a 'silent majority' exists on here, but is frequently drowned out by the more voluble posters.

The difference in opposing fans' attitudes is a factor.

I'd agree about the results of the renewal poll but on things like this I find it so removed from my own experience it can't be accurate.

And contrary to certain other posters' suggestions I've not been in Robertsons for over a year. :)

So the figure was plucked out the air? It may not be 400,000.

Lets say it's half that then, say 200,000 fans we have.

Thats still more than 100 times the amount of fans on here

But a sample is a sample. I accept that JKB members are self selecting but I don't believe they are unrepresentative as you, and others who don't like the answers from polls, make out. They will certainly be the more computer savvy fans. However, it's certainly more representative than a poll in Robertson's. :whistling:

The figure was plucked out of thin air, yes. It was a laughable survey, which only HMFC saw fit to repeatedly quote. The true figure - or at least, the number of people targeted by Hearts' commercial department - is probably around 65,000 tops; and while this is certainly far more people than are members on here, it is possible for a sample to be representative of a wider whole.

The figure was plucked out of thin air, yes. It was a laughable survey, which only HMFC saw fit to repeatedly quote. The true figure - or at least, the number of people targeted by Hearts' commercial department, is probably around 65,000 tops - and while this is certainly far more people than are members on here, it is possible for a sample to be representative of a wider whole.

Of course it's difficult to define exactly what a "fan" is, and I'm not sure what criteria the wildly inaccurate survey used. To get near even 65000, I think you'd have to include WAGs, grannies and pets too. I wonder how many people there are alive who have attended a match as a Hearts fan; that would be an interesting figure - though not for the purposes of this JKB poll.

I think the number of Hearts fans who have ever even bothered discussing this OF hatred topic with their friends is probably refreshingly low.

Hearts have more than 65,000 fans in the whole of the UK

Good debating technique here.

So, exactly how many fans do Hearts have in the UK?

I've said and done stupid things in the past, yes - haven't you? But if we have more than 65,000 fans in the UK, where on earth are they?

The 'survey' (pfft!) quoted Rangers as having more fans worldwide than Celtic (garbage), Norwich as having 458,000 fans (!), and failed to quote Sunderland anywhere in the top 20 - and all from a sample size of 5,213. The whole thing was a work of fiction. The figure I've used is what I've been told by Hearts' commercial department; and to me, it's a damn sight closer to the truth than this nonsense, which you hilariously appear to have swallowed.

Of course it's difficult to define exactly what a "fan" is, and I'm not sure what criteria the wildly inaccurate survey used. To get near even 65000, I think you'd have to include WAGs, grannies and pets too. I wonder how many people there are alive who have attended a match as a Hearts fan; that would be an interesting figure - though not for the purposes of this JKB poll.

I think the number of Hearts fans who have ever even bothered discussing this OF hatred topic with their friends is probably refreshingly low.

Agreed, on all counts.

Archived