Boyd

jambo191

3 goals in 30 mins! :eek:

His third wasn't offside, a penalty or header - cue............

17 yard stike!

Oh how we cud do with a finisher!

back boyd to be top spl scorer 7/2 om betfair

Back him to play for Scotland again under the next manager (jist like Davie Weir), the greetin-pussed chav.

Or a caravaning accident would do

He's making St George Burley look like a fecking tit:laugh:

He should have played more minutes under Burley, but he only made a tit of himself when he turned his back on his country.

Even a hang-gliding accident

All his goals are v Inverness, St Mirren, Hamilton etc has he ever scored in europe or against celtic etc

not many against the BIG teams i'm afaraid

jack D and coke

Say what you like about the guy he's Scotland most natural goalscorer in a generation and sadly for the national team imo anyway, a massive loss. Burley you are a clown.

jack D and coke
All his goals are v Inverness, St Mirren, Hamilton etc has he ever scored in europe or against celtic etc

not many against the BIG teams i'm afaraid

No offence to you mate but that is utter bollox. Boyd would score against anyone. Its just footballs fascination with hard working forwards, most of whom couldn't score in a brothel. Give me Kris Boyd anyday.

No doubt he'll be out the night celebrating his hat trick like the prize t.o..ss.e.r he is! Few lines of charlie and some pink champagne nay doubt :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
He's making St George Burley look like a fecking tit:laugh:

He's making Walter Smith look stupid for refusing to play him thus costing Rangers the SPL title last Season.

He may even have scored against FBK Kaunas if he'd been given a game.

Anyone else subscribe to the theory that Boyd has been put in the shop window over the last few weeks.

The teams he has scored against havent exactly been top notch. Yes he has scored a few but he wasnt in the team before the whole Scotland shenanigans reared its head.

Maybe he is only getting a game since his announcement has received a few column inches?

He is still a lazy bassa with a poor work attitude in my opinion.

He is still a lazy bassa with a poor work attitude in my opinion.

Like velicka was for us.

End of the day ,they both score goals.

Strikers job.

the "screws of the world" came out with some diddly dish the Boyd was "made for this kind of opposition" that would be the SPL then???? If any strikers first concern isn't to score in the league he's playing in to eventually win the title then I dont know what is? If boyd played all the games he should be playing in and stayed at rankgers his whole career he would definately threaten some of mccoists records. Best goalscorer as a nation we have had for years if that idoit burley hadn't only played him for the scandolous 28 mins we might actually be in decent shape to finally get back to a major championships. Cant wait to see boyd back once burley gets the boot and who knows maybe even in a maroon shirt (here's hoping)

the "screws of the world" came out with some diddly dish the Boyd was "made for this kind of opposition" that would be the SPL then???? If any strikers first concern isn't to score in the league he's playing in to eventually win the title then I dont know what is? If boyd played all the games he should be playing in and stayed at rankgers his whole career he would definately threaten some of mccoists records. Best goalscorer as a nation we have had for years if that idoit burley hadn't only played him for the scandolous 28 mins we might actually be in decent shape to finally get back to a major championships. Cant wait to see boyd back once burley gets the boot and who knows maybe even in a maroon shirt (here's hoping)

Despite the fact Boyd stated himself that even if he'd come on and scored the winner he would still have retired? Burley didn't choose Boyd based on the fact he wasn't playing regularly and in form at the time. Now he is playing regularly and is in form, but he's already made himself unavailable!

No offence to you mate but that is utter bollox. Boyd would score against anyone. Its just footballs fascination with hard working forwards, most of whom couldn't score in a brothel. Give me Kris Boyd anyday.

I don't think the dude you are quoting was giving his opinion, I have not got the facts, but a large amount of his goals do come against far lesser sides. I don't know what his games to goals stats are for European competition, and how he has done against the bigger sides, but his Scotland goals were all against the lesser sides, none against big sides.

Despite the fact Boyd stated himself that even if he'd come on and scored the winner he would still have retired? Burley didn't choose Boyd based on the fact he wasn't playing regularly and in form at the time. Now he is playing regularly and is in form, but he's already made himself unavailable!

Did somebody not say form is temporary class is permanent? He should be first pick for scotland and rangers. I always laugh when the nonsense gets peddled out that all he does is score goals???? how I wish Nade or Mole would adopt this attitude!!!! If all Boyd does is score goals then it should be whoever is manager is responsibilty to make the other 9 outfield players of a slightly higher quality to compensate for being so ham-strung that all boyd does is "score goals"

Did somebody not say form is temporary class is permanent? He should be first pick for scotland and rangers. I always laugh when the nonsense gets peddled out that all he does is score goals???? how I wish Nade or Mole would adopt this attitude!!!! If all Boyd does is score goals then it should be whoever is manager is responsibilty to make the other 9 outfield players of a slightly higher quality to compensate for being so ham-strung that all boyd does is "score goals"

Read my post again, I never mentioned anything about his work-rate, which seems to be the basis of your whole post!

Instead of Boyd, Burley chose to play a) McFadden, who is an obvious automatic starter for Scotland and was playing regularly for his club-side at the time B) Iwelumo, who was getting a regular game and was on fire in terms of goalscoring, 8 in 6 I think it was. And yes, contributes more than Boyd in general play and c) Fletcher who was playing regularly as well. I would have had Boyd on for Fletcher, but, as Boyd stated, even if he had come on and scored the winner, he would still have quit. Burley's decision to play Iwelumo and McFadden ahead of Boyd was entirely justified and I can see his logic for picking Fletcher ahead of him even if I disagree with it.

You say he should be an automatic start for club and country, well then surely it's Walter Smith's fault for not picking him regularly? If he had been picked regularly at club level, then he would have been a stick-on to get into the team and we wouldn't even be having this debate.

Drylaw Hearts

Kris Boyd would have a better case if had adopted the same attitude when he was not getting a game for Rangers.

Kris Boyd's statistics are available here:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=24762

Since he joined Rangers he has scored only once against Celtic and only twice in the EUFA Cup. Some could argue that this is because he doesn't get picked by Rangers for the big games on a regular basis.

But he has failed to score for Rangers in games against Molde, Maccabi Haifa, Hapoel Tel Aviv, Osasuna, Villareal, Zeta, Lyon, Panathinaikos, Zenith and for Scotland in games against Austria, Faroe Islands, Japan, Georgia, Ukraine, Italy, Croatia.

Maybe, like Clum, he has found his level. Scoring for fun in one-sided games against lesser opposition but out of his depth and out of his comfort zone against more skilled and experienced opposition.

A succession of managers at both Rangers and Scotland certainly thought so.

Archived