How do you think we'd have done under McGhee?

Craigieboy

Would we have done better or worse?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would we have done better or worse?

• Better
    • Worse

We'd have done a lot worse. Mhark McGhee is useless.

He's not worth bothering about. Time to look forward and move on.

siegementality

I'd be surprised if McGhee would have accepted the same terms and conditions, "together", as Shabba. That said if he had I think he would have gotten more out of these players and we would be doing better. Something tells me a few younger players would have benefitted from McGhees arrival. Shame really.

Drylaw Hearts

I was never convinced McGhee was the right man for Hearts and he looks to be keeping up with his 'impact Manager' reputation.

I think we'd be around the same position.

siegementality
We'd have done a lot worse. Mhark McGhee is useless.

He's not worth bothering about. Time to look forward and move on.

I'll wager his team are above us come the end of the season, fancy a score on it?

Guest jambomickey
I'll wager his team are above us come the end of the season, fancy a score on it?

no chance! we will still finish 3rd imo

siegementality
no chance! we will still finish 3rd imo

Well I'll take the ?20 bet with you instead then.

portobellojambo1
So far?

Who knows.

Have to be honest and say I don't really find much point in spending time going over what might have been, when it never happened anyway (it is best to deal in the here and now, with things where there is proof on which to base comments).

I could say I think we would be top of the league, or we would be bottom of the league. One statement has as much relevance as the other, none.

Who knows.

Have to be honest and say I don't really find much point in spending time going over what might have been, when it never happened anyway (it is best to deal in the here and now, with things where there is proof on which to base comments).

I could say I think we would be top of the league, or we would be bottom of the league. One statement has as much relevance as the other, none.

I agree.

i'll take your ?20 bet that we'll finish above motherwell.

Make the bet for charity boys?

Guest jambomickey
I agree.

Make the bet for charity boys?

i'm quite happy to make the bet for charity! the winner picks a charity of his choice.

siegementality
i'll take your ?20 bet that we'll finish above motherwell.

Done. I'll even forget your moment of madness saying we'd finish third. I'll save this thread and we can dig it out at the relevant time.

Guest jambomickey
Done. I'll even forget your moment of madness saying we'd finish third. I'll save this thread and we can dig it out at the relevant time.

no the bet is we'll finish above motherwell mate but imo we'll finish 3rd. win or lose i'll quite happily have a beer with you at the end of the season. are you want to do it for charity?

Laszlo's got us organised and playing good football. Hopefully with better concentration at the back and a goalscorer in the winter we can start winning the games we should be.

Let's forget about that rat.

alwaysthereinspirit

Doesn't matter. He knocked us back. Probably the worst knock back any team has ever had. f@#k uhm.

I'd be surprised if McGhee would have accepted the same terms and conditions, "together", as Shabba. That said if he had I think he would have gotten more out of these players and we would be doing better. Something tells me a few younger players would have benefitted from McGhees arrival. Shame really.

Agree.

I think that if any of Levein, Jefferies, Hughes or McGhee had been given the control of the Hearts team in the way that they do at their current clubs then we could have had a better start to the season. Together might have been more than a marketing slogan.

I was never convinced McGhee was the right man for Hearts and he looks to be keeping up with his 'impact Manager' reputation.

I think we'd be around the same position.

Surely if he is an impact manager then we would feel the impact as well?

This question is the sort I get into trouble for! :laugh:

I do not think the answer is as black and white as "better or worse". Under VR, I don't think we would have seen a huge difference with McGhee than with Laszlo as I still believe that there is a certain degree of interference. I believe that the above question would be as pertinent to ask about Laszlo if left to his devices.

IMO, McGhee would have been a good manager for us, however his remarks since have made me delighted that he didn't come.

Surely if he is an impact manager then we would feel the impact as well?

This question is the sort I get into trouble for! :laugh:

I do not think the answer is as black and white as "better or worse". Under VR, I don't think we would have seen a huge difference with McGhee than with Laszlo as I still believe that there is a certain degree of interference. I believe that the above question would be as pertinent to ask about Laszlo if left to his devices.

IMO, McGhee would have been a good manager for us, however his remarks since have made me delighted that he didn't come.

Yes it isn't clear how Laszlo would do if he didn't have to work together. He doesn't have a great track record though.

Was actually thinking the same when I woke this morning trying to get back to bed. But it was a tough question.

It is the same as would Burley have won the league if he didn't get the sack. All ifs and buts.

I think at the moment we would have a little more points as McGhee would have instantly come in and known what was required. Whereas Csaba needed to learn about his players and the SPL.

But come the end of the season I wouldn't have thought there would be much difference.

Jam Tarts 1874

Betting against Hearts, that just about sums you up.

I voted yes.

I think we would have started better under McGhee. He knows the Scottish game and would have us playing in a more familiar formation - probably 4-4-2.

Laslo has came in and is undoubtedly tring to have us play a different type of football. This will take time to bed in and I'm confident that by the end of the season (if he is given the time) that we'll see a massive improvement.

I voted yes.

I think we would have started better under McGhee. He knows the Scottish game and would have us playing in a more familiar formation - probably 4-4-2.

Laslo has came in and is undoubtedly tring to have us play a different type of football. This will take time to bed in and I'm confident that by the end of the season (if he is given the time) that we'll see a massive improvement.

We don't have one striker that can score never mind two.

We don't have one striker that can score never mind two.

True - but McGhee would have played with 2 strikers anyway.

Betting against Hearts, that just about sums you up.

That's what I was thinking.

A variety of opinions is, of course, a healthy thing, but some of our number have a strange idea of what "support" means.

I admit to seeing the world through maroon coloured glasses, but I like it that way.:)

rudi must stay

worse imo. Tbh if McGhee had came here it would just have been down to the money and he probably would have gone to one of the OF at the first oppertunity. He wouldn't have done anything long term

south morocco

who really knows, a bit of a pointless thread,how would we have done if burley was still in charge? or what about craig levein? is he not the answer etc etc.We dont really know what backing mcghee would have got player wise etc ,it is completely academic now im afraid

worse imo. Tbh if McGhee had came here it would just have been down to the money and he probably would have gone to one of the OF at the first oppertunity. He wouldn't have done anything long term

Um...

Long term was not the question, it was how we would be doing now.

IF he did go to the OF, you better believe he would have done a very good job at Hearts to get either gig.

Motherwell have gone backwards, his theory basically must have been he could do better with them than us. He's made his bed!

Motherwell have gone backwards, his theory basically must have been he could do better with them than us. He's made his bed!

Would this be the same Motherwell who are sitting third in the table 5 places above us ?

Mcghee clearly isn't the best manager in the SPL but he might have managed to make a couple of signings for a start

rudi must stay
Um...

Long term was not the question, it was how we would be doing now.

IF he did go to the OF, you better believe he would have done a very good job at Hearts to get either gig.

ok. We'd be doing the same imo, Csaba has improved us from last year but things were never going to change overnight which is why i reckon McGhee would have been the wrong choice. Disagree with your last point though, he's said he wants to manage either of them and he knows the game so he'd be obvious choice imo if either of them needed a manager

I don't think that there are any signs that Laszlo has improved anything.

Make up of the squad, player motivation, tactics, selections and substitutions all as bad as last year. As are the results as per the league table.

He has done less well than Frail did when he took over as 'manager' I think. Anyone have the stats on that?

I think that McGhee would certainly have done better than Laszlo.

Archived