A win on Sunday is vital

bighalders

Guest JamboRobbo
Tullberg is the only one our manager brought in though.

Once he gets the chance to punt these others then we can judge him on the players he would like at the club.

not judging him on it. But there were those of us saying back in August that we needed to sign more strikers than just tullberg. Looks like we were right.....

not judging him on it. But there were those of us saying back in August that we needed to sign more strikers than just tullberg. Looks like we were right.....

He has to get rid of the dross first, we can't pay money out for another two strikers as well as pay for the ones we have. Where does it end? Money does not grow on trees. :)

But we weren't even fully aware Chervenkov was definitely the head coach. Plus we all knew who was actually picking the team.

You can't compare what we've got now to then. Now, we appear at least, to have a man in charge of the team. Every other man in charge of the team pre Romanov (Robertson, Levein, Jeffries, McLean, Clark, Jordan, McDonald etc etc) all went through runs of only winning once in six games - I'd imagine more than once. I don't think all those runs were met with shouts of (insert manager name) out.

Had we been absolutely terrible in all these games then I'd say there would be a lot more moaning and shouts of Csaba out. As it is, we were poor in one game (which we won), terrible in two (which we lost), average in another (which we lost) and good in two (which we drew). It also happens that the last two games were the games in which we played our best, therefore while we may have not picked up the results we desired, you can't say the team hasn't improved on the performances beforehand.

We'll more than likely go one win in seven after Sunday. If we get hammered then alarm bells will justifiably be ringing. If we lose with another good performance then we should just be patient. That will be three good performances in a row and if the form continues from then we know we'll get what we deserve sooner or later. Games in November don't make or break seasons, there are 38 games in a season and we haven't even played our 11th yet. There is still plenty of time to get things right.

Fair enough - I dont want Csaba out though - the Cervenkov point was just an example of how mute we have become

I think its symptomatic of us becoming used to being gash.

1 win in 6 is a concerning run of form. Performances in 2 of those games might have been an improvement so people are relatively content (however we must remember that we have been playing - in the scheme of things - pretty mediocre teams)

However we STILL have issues that we have had from game one of the season

An inability of our strikers to score, and an inability to defend particularly well.

He has to get rid of the dross first, we can't pay money out for another two strikers as well as pay for the ones we have. Where does it end? Money does not grow on trees. :)

To be fair though we've been needing rid of the dross for 3 years.

It shouldnt have taken this long to clear them out

To be fair though we've been needing rid of the dross for 3 years.

It shouldnt have taken this long to clear them out

Csaba has been in the door three months.

I know it is frustrating. Same for everyone.

Csaba has been in the door three months.

I know it is frustrating. Same for everyone.

Agreed

But a lot of the schecht shouldnt have lasted as long. They should have been a distant memory.

That's just the truth though. Being negative would be if every single thing I posted was moaning and whinging with little or no balance.

For example, despite not getting a win in the last 2 games, I can see the improvement in the way we played compared to the previous 2 games against D Utd and Killie (and overall this season compared with the last) and believe that we're a decent striker short of achieving much better results.

Meanwhile, others on here have been doing the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth at the last two results with absolutely no semblance of perspective whatsoever.

Agreed

We have improved on last year and i do not feel that it is vital to win on Sunday but I have a good feeling - I think they are a poor side and defensively just as bad as us.- We really need a experienced centre half - i was wanting Hyypia but now I think we need somone like Craigan for their experience

I think our midfield can match them - although the Nakamura comments have been timed to perfection (Stewart dived last week and did not get away with it - Nakamura cheats every single week and is rewarded with cheap free kick time after time).

They are missing Van Hess of Castlemilk and Samara and the Aussie has not been in the best of form. This is where we are missing our biggest trick as i feel we have a striker in Makela who does score goals. He is one of our most expensive sigings ever but has not had a chance. Start him from the bench but give him 30 mins then give him a proper run of 5 games or so and lets see if he can put the ball in the net (i know his control is not the best) but please give him the same chance as a youth team player has had (Mole).

Team for tomorrow

Bal

Thom Kara Ber GunMan

Ches Stew john Driver

Aguiar

Nade (Makela on after an hour)

C'mon the Maroon Marauders

Its not vital but it would be important in that it would give the club a big lift as well a jump up the league table.What are the chances? Not very good I believe. Celtic are missing some players but they are still winning well. In the game against Kilmarnock I thought they would struggle but they were outstanding and played some of the best football I have seen from a Scottish team in a long time. Still in a one off game at Tynecastle anything is possible.

i feel we have a striker in Makela who does score goals.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Makela's had loads of chances to prove himself and done nothing. No point in cluttering up the pitch or bench with wasters like him.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Makela's had loads of chances to prove himself and done nothing. No point in cluttering up the pitch or bench with wasters like him.

Q- How many games has he started?

A - Not many

Q - How many times has has he come on when we really need something?

A - Nearly every time

Q - Why has he not had a run of games when he is one of our most expensive signings?

A - Who knows but i wish he had had a real chance

Q - How can people not see that goalscorers don't have to be great footballers or trainers i.e. Boyd at the moment has scored 2 against Inverness and it is 3.25.can compared to Mole?

A Managers prefer non goalscorers like Mole and Elliot??????

I think it would be a terrible idea to go with any formation other than 4-5-1.

I also don't think a win is vital. A draw even would be a good result.

see, this is the attitude that plagues our club. Craig Levein was the first for a long time to spread the belief that the OF weren`t that good and we should be taking more points off them at home more frequently.

He did`nt win all the time but most games we had a go and gave them a far more stiffer test than years previously.

Play for a win, if you get a draw ok, but don`t go in witha cagey attitude.

A draw will be good in some eyes but it`ll only be good if we back it up with a couple of wins on the trot.

We really need to get going again and tomorrow would be a good start.

Q- How many games has he started?

A - Not many

Q - How many times has has he come on when we really need something?

A - Nearly every time

Q - Why has he not had a run of games when he is one of our most expensive signings?

A - Who knows but i wish he had had a real chance

Q - How can people not see that goalscorers don't have to be great footballers or trainers i.e. Boyd at the moment has scored 2 against Inverness and it is 3.25.can compared to Mole?

A Managers prefer non goalscorers like Mole and Elliot??????

Makela has been playing regularly for the reserves and getting 90 minutes. How many goals has he scored? I might be wrong but I think it's 1 and he knew nothing about it the ball hitting him after it came back off the post. I used to think he should be given a chance but, having watched him in most of the reserve games this season, I now feel the sooner he leaves our club the better. He is totally and utterly useless and I think I'm being kind to him here!

coatbridgejambo
I know we are playing the league champions and the bookies for example will have us at long odds but we must win on Sunday, we are currently at 1 win in 6 that is bottom 6 form at best, if the results continue like this we could be back to the days of Cervenkov and Frail

Personally, Celtic ain't that great, but we need to have a go, get in their face etc etc, not sit back, no 4-5-1. Shock them, put out an attacking team and go for it

especialy nakamura,s face show him some roughf treatment

Archived