A win on Sunday is vital

bighalders

I know we are playing the league champions and the bookies for example will have us at long odds but we must win on Sunday, we are currently at 1 win in 6 that is bottom 6 form at best, if the results continue like this we could be back to the days of Cervenkov and Frail

Personally, Celtic ain't that great, but we need to have a go, get in their face etc etc, not sit back, no 4-5-1. Shock them, put out an attacking team and go for it

I think it would be a terrible idea to go with any formation other than 4-5-1.

I also don't think a win is vital. A draw even would be a good result.

I know we are playing the league champions and the bookies for example will have us at long odds but we must win on Sunday, we are currently at 1 win in 6 that is bottom 6 form at best, if the results continue like this we could be back to the days of Cervenkov and Frail

Personally, Celtic ain't that great, but we need to have a go, get in their face etc etc, not sit back, no 4-5-1. Shock them, put out an attacking team and go for it

I'm travelling up for my first match of the season, so no doubt we will be cuffed. I haven't seen us win in 90 minutes since we beat Falkirk in 2005...

:(

Horatio Caine
I'm travelling up for my first match of the season, so no doubt we will be cuffed. I haven't seen us win in 90 minutes since we beat Falkirk in 2005...

Jonah! Stay away. Please.

A win may be vital, but a win is unlikely.

Celtic have better players, a better manager, stronger will to win etc.

Hopefully we can turn that over on the day in a one off game as our current run of form is poor.

I noticed that Corals did have us at 5/1 earlier this week, may be worth a punt at that.

While I agree that we're in need of a win, I don't think it's sensible to go pegging our hopes on 3 points this weekend. Yes, it would be brilliant but the chances are fairly slim if we're being honest.

I was getting carried away with the idea of a 442 last week but I now realise that wasn't very sensible for various reasons and even though they're weakened, I think we'll be up against tough competition.

What we do need to do is get at them straight away, none of this easing into matches as we've done a few times lately. And Zal needs to be doing his own wee 'getting focus on match in hand' thing a good while earlier than he has done of late.

While I agree that we're in need of a win, I don't think it's sensible to go pegging our hopes on 3 points this weekend. Yes, it would be brilliant but the chances are fairly slim if we're being honest.

I was getting carried away with the idea of a 442 last week but I now realise that wasn't very sensible for various reasons and even though they're weakened, I think we'll be up against tough competition.

What we do need to do is get at them straight away, none of this easing into matches as we've done a few times lately. And Zal needs to be doing his own wee 'getting focus on match in hand' thing a good while earlier than he has done of late.

He should be doing that in the reserves, with a view to a return to Kaunas in the transfer window if we can scrape the cash for a replacement.

Frankenstein Jambo.

hibs went with a 4-3-3 formation and it nearly paid off. The only way to way to win against the old firm is to attack them. Just go for it!

hibs went with a 4-3-3 formation and it nearly paid off. The only way to way to win against the old firm is to attack them. Just go for it!

Our two wins against the Old Firm last season came through playing 4-4-1-1 and then 4-5-1. The only time we played two up top we were hammered 4-0 at home by the huns.

And I really can't see how anyone sees Csaba's way of playing football as negative. Just because there is one out and out forward does not make it a defensive or negative formation.

So if a win is vital, will you being on here whinging, moaning, crying and calling for heads to roll if we don't??

We_are_the_Hearts
Our two wins against the Old Firm last season came through playing 4-4-1-1 and then 4-5-1. The only time we played two up top we were hammered 4-0 at home by the huns.

And I really can't see how anyone sees Csaba's way of playing football as negative. Just because there is one out and out forward does not make it a defensive or negative formation.

You are wasting your time with the 4-4-2 mob........................flexibility of formations is lost on them;)

You are wasting your time with the 4-4-2 mob........................flexibility of formations is lost on them;)

The 4-5-1 has been a different story when Aguiar has replaced the likes of Kingston/Ksnavicius in that role. He has shown more movement and football intelligence in that vital role.

No wins with Aguiar in that role yet though.

Or if your feeling positive.... no losses with Aguiar in that role yet.....

We_are_the_Hearts
The 4-5-1 has been a different story when Aguiar has replaced the likes of Kingston/Ksnavicius in that role. He has shown more movement and football intelligence in that vital role.

Agree totally. Even though we haven't won the standard of performance has improved greatly and we have dominated two of our rivals in terms of posession. We now need Nade to find his touch in front of goal and the Centre Halves to cut out the ball watching and errors and the wins should come soon.

Same as against hibs thanks!

With driver having a few games under his belt now, i have no doubt his performace will be the difference between winning and losing.

please stay away if that is the case then, hehehe

So if a win is vital, will you being on here whinging, moaning, crying and calling for heads to roll if we don't??

That's exactly why he's started the thread, so he's justified in his moaning when coming on here on Sunday if we lose this 'vital' game.

As far as I'm concerened, every game should be 'vital' to win, regardless of who we're playing.

That's exactly why he's started the thread, so he's justified in his moaning when coming on here on Sunday if we lose this 'vital' game.

As far as I'm concerened, every game should be 'vital' to win, regardless of who we're playing.

It's an attention seeking look at me thread then.

Charlie-Brown

It is our results against the rest of the SPL teams outwith the Old Firm that will determine how high Hearts finish in the SPL - the same is true for our SPL peers, most teams are of approx the same standard with very little difference or gulf in quality between 3rd & 12th - some teams are slightly better than others however the span just now between an automatic european place or automatic relegation is only 7 points.

You know me so well..........:P

:hobofish:

Celtic will have one eye on Man U and characters such as McGeady and Nakamura will not want to risk missing the shop window potential. If we tackle hard (but fair!) from the ko I think we can get at least a draw.

Jambof3tornado
See to be honest, I think wins against Aberdeen and Hibs were more "vital" than against Celtic.

Correct,where we finish this season will not depend on games against the old firm,it will depend on how we do against the rest of the teams in the league. A win is not vital and would be somewhat unexpected but greatfully recieved!!! Soap dodging weegie fellows!!(is that acceptable):rolleyes:

It is our results against the rest of the SPL teams outwith the Old Firm that will determine how high Hearts finish in the SPL - the same is true for our SPL peers, most teams are of approx the same standard with very little difference or gulf in quality between 3rd & 12th - some teams are slightly better than others however the span just now between an automatic european place or automatic relegation is only 7 points.

Laszlo not doing very well at the moment then, only 1 win in the last 6 against non Old Firm opposition.

That for me is the most salient point and why we need to start winning games no matter who it's against - starting on Sunday would do very nicely thank you very much:)

Jambof3tornado
Laszlo not doing very well at the moment then, only 1 win in the last 6 against non Old Firm opposition.

He is not doing well this is true. We are lacking someone who can score and hopefully he will sort this problem out in january unless some of our misfirers can get themselves a goal or 3 before then.

To be fair Frail already has a better record in his run of SPL games to the same number as Csaba has had.

And Frail inherited a team that hadnt won in around 10 games...

That said, whilst I would like to win this game it isnt a must win game.

As a group of fans though Coco we dont complain about things anymore.

People mouth off on here, yes.

But pre-Romanov had any team had a run of results and insipid limp wristed performances that we had under Cervenkov, for example, in the run to Xmas we'd have been screaming blue murder. Cervenkov out would have been chanted

Such is the apathy that a run of only 1 win in 6 has barely been mentioned

Results dont matter to Romanov (obviously) and it appears he has won the psychological battle with the fans. Nobody complains about him or our pish form out in the open

See to be honest, I think wins against Aberdeen and Hibs were more "vital" than against Celtic.

Agreed.

I felt that we would get three points out of these last three games (Hibs, Aberdeen & C*lt!c) when asked on a recent thread (linked below). I felt that we would beat Aberdeen but lose to the other two.

If we don't win or draw against C*lt!c, then I will have been proved ambitious with my claim.

I would argue we will learn nothing on Sunday, irrespective of the result. I would argue that a loss is understandable and does not make us any worse, and that a win could be a little flukey and would not make us the best in the league.

What I think is "vital" on Sunday, is that we compete and at least look like being one of the better teams in this league. This would only carry any weight if we continue with such form for any length of time.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30881

Right then.

Why, may I ask?

It was supposed to be a humour response..............

Anyway, I don't moan, well not exactly, I am however far from happy at the calibre of players and standard of play generally at Hearts and have concerns at how the club is run

Our games in November are:

Celtic (H), St. Mirren (A), Inverness (A), Falkirk (H), Rangers (H)

If we lose against Celtic on Sunday we could potentially be 8th or lower depending on how other results go. Based on our form if we get 5 points in November that will be ok but could still see us back in the bottom 6. This is totally unacceptable, the team with the 3rd biggest support, 3rd biggest budget (allegedly) yet we've one win in six games and based on above I'd say it will be 2 wins in 11 games, that is awful. It is frustrating at best that this is the level Hearts are now at and nothing to suggest we are going to improve dramatically either

It was supposed to be a humour response..............

Anyway, I don't moan, well not exactly, I am however far from happy at the calibre of players and standard of play generally at Hearts and have concerns at how the club is run

Must have missed the humour part there.

From what I can see, you come across as a very negative poster, and I can't quite work out your reasoning for starting this thread, other than to set yourself up for a good moan on Sunday if we lose. Either that or you're being very naive, as I would only label a game against Celtic as vital in that way if we were up there challenging, any other time it's a game I go into with hope rather than expectation, which is ironic, given that we've actually won 4 of our last 9 games against them but there you go.

Must have missed the humour part there.

From what I can see, you come across as a very negative poster, and I can't quite work out your reasoning for starting this thread, other than to set yourself up for a good moan on Sunday if we lose. Either that or you're being very naive, as I would only label a game against Celtic as vital in that way if we were up there challenging, any other time it's a game I go into with hope rather than expectation, which is ironic, given that we've actually won 4 of our last 9 games against them but there you go.

Our recent record against Celtic must be amongst the best in the league?

Our recent record against Celtic must be amongst the best in the league?

Can't be far off. Shame we ruin it with our record against all the rest of the crap in the last season or so.

With no height in attacking areas for Celtic at the moment, they will pass, pass, pass and we need to be on our toes, lively, concentrate and defo no stupid fouls close to our box - although the Ref could well scunner the last point:mad:

Can't be far off. Shame we ruin it with our record against all the rest of the crap in the last season or so.

And you call me negative :P

As a group of fans though Coco we dont complain about things anymore.

People mouth off on here, yes.

But pre-Romanov had any team had a run of results and insipid limp wristed performances that we had under Cervenkov, for example, in the run to Xmas we'd have been screaming blue murder. Cervenkov out would have been chanted

Such is the apathy that a run of only 1 win in 6 has barely been mentioned

Results dont matter to Romanov (obviously) and it appears he has won the psychological battle with the fans. Nobody complains about him or our pish form out in the open

But we weren't even fully aware Chervenkov was definitely the head coach. Plus we all knew who was actually picking the team.

You can't compare what we've got now to then. Now, we appear at least, to have a man in charge of the team. Every other man in charge of the team pre Romanov (Robertson, Levein, Jeffries, McLean, Clark, Jordan, McDonald etc etc) all went through runs of only winning once in six games - I'd imagine more than once. I don't think all those runs were met with shouts of (insert manager name) out.

Had we been absolutely terrible in all these games then I'd say there would be a lot more moaning and shouts of Csaba out. As it is, we were poor in one game (which we won), terrible in two (which we lost), average in another (which we lost) and good in two (which we drew). It also happens that the last two games were the games in which we played our best, therefore while we may have not picked up the results we desired, you can't say the team hasn't improved on the performances beforehand.

We'll more than likely go one win in seven after Sunday. If we get hammered then alarm bells will justifiably be ringing. If we lose with another good performance then we should just be patient. That will be three good performances in a row and if the form continues from then we know we'll get what we deserve sooner or later. Games in November don't make or break seasons, there are 38 games in a season and we haven't even played our 11th yet. There is still plenty of time to get things right.

Makela, Mole and Nade up front. :o

And you call me negative :P

That's just the truth though. Being negative would be if every single thing I posted was moaning and whinging with little or no balance.

For example, despite not getting a win in the last 2 games, I can see the improvement in the way we played compared to the previous 2 games against D Utd and Killie (and overall this season compared with the last) and believe that we're a decent striker short of achieving much better results.

Meanwhile, others on here have been doing the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth at the last two results with absolutely no semblance of perspective whatsoever.

Guest JamboRobbo
That will be three good performances in a row

Was Saturday really a "good" performance? It was a "not as ****e as last season" performance, but I wouldn't have called it good. We drew at home to Aberdeen, with them pretty much doing enough to deserve their draw (given they hit bar and post 2nd half).

I'd say that is not good enough, although I agree we appear to be taking small steps in the right direction (e.g. Mole, who is clearly nowhere near goood enough to play up front for HMFC first team at this moment in his career, finally getting dropped).

Guest JamboRobbo
Makela, Mole and Nade up front. :o

along with Tullberg, thats the strike force our manager chose to start the season with. no point in us crying NOW about our lack of strike options when we chose not to bring any in before the window closed.

Was Saturday really a "good" performance? It was a "not as ****e as last season" performance, but I wouldn't have called it good. We drew at home to Aberdeen, with them pretty much doing enough to deserve their draw (given they hit bar and post 2nd half).

I'd say that is not good enough.

All right, good was slightly over the top. I'd say we played well though, especially considering we had two of our best players out (three if Tullberg is anywhere near as good as Csaba rates him) who are also our best attacking threats.

Point taken though, Aberdeen are dross but aside from Zal, Miko and Ruben I'd say everyone else in the team played well. Even Miko and Ruben weren't that bad.

Guest JamboRobbo
All right, good was slightly over the top. I'd say we played well though, especially considering we had two of our best players out (three if Tullberg is anywhere near as good as Csaba rates him) who are also our best attacking threats.

Point taken though, Aberdeen are dross but aside from Zal, Miko and Ruben I'd say everyone else in the team played well. Even Miko and Ruben weren't that bad.

Agree there are signs of improvement mate.

For me, number one priority is removing the weak links from the team. On Saturday, with Mole and Ksanavicius replaced, we only had one weak link left IMO. Once he's replaced, we'll start to look a lot stronger I reckon.

Even just one weak link in the team can severely undermine our results, as we've seen the past two weeks when he cost us one victory, and almost cost us a point against Hibs also.

But positive signs that Csaba does seem to be gradually weeding out the underperformers and keeping in those who are producing on a regular basis.

Ruben and Miko are alright by me, as squad players. Miko's been a revelation this past 8/9 months or so. Always had the ability. Finally showing the attitude and concentration and work rate to match....

along with Tullberg, thats the strike force our manager chose to start the season with. no point in us crying NOW about our lack of strike options when we chose not to bring any in before the window closed.

Tullberg is the only one our manager brought in though.

Once he gets the chance to punt these others then we can judge him on the players he would like at the club.

Archived