Is the language used/behaviour by some Hearts fans necessary

east london jambo

east london jambo

Last night was my first Hearts game in a while (I live in London). I used to be a season ticket holder for 8 years. Back when I attended regularly it always amazed me how the away support always seemed so much rougher than those that sat around me at tynie.

Last night I have to admit I was shocked:

(1) Language of some fans is just totally uncalled for (particularly with women and children around) - much of the abuse is also completely sick.

(2) I saw several stewards being verbally threatened for simply trying to enforce the rules (e.g. smoking).

(3) At half time in the toilets there was sectarian singing etc ........ what does this have to do with hearts?

(4) Why do so many Hearts fans have a problem with Glasgow? Its a fine city and if you don't like it don't go to games there. I know many people think the police have treated us unfairly in Glasgow but many of the beered up fans last night were LOOKING for a fight.

I used to think i was just unlucky as I always seemed to end up next to the moron but when it comes to away games I am wondering whether most parts of the ground have these sorts of idiots.

I don't ever see this sort of behaviour at Arsenal games and I have friends who support Motherwell/Kilmarnock who have been shocked when they have sat in hearts end with me.

Basically - the Hearts away support is about as rough as it gets.

Last night was my first Hearts game in a while (I live in London). I used to be a season ticket holder for 8 years. Back when I attended regularly it always amazed me how the away support always seemed so much rougher than those that sat around me at tynie.

(1) Language of some fans is just totally uncalled for (particularly with women and children around) - much of the abuse is also completely sick.

(2) I saw several stewards being verbally threatened for simply trying to enforce the rules (e.g. smoking).

(3) At half time in the toilets there was sectarian singing etc ........ what does this have to do with hearts?

(4) Why do so many Hearts fans have a problem with Glasgow? Its a fine city and if you don't like it don't go to games there. I know many people think the police have treated us unfairly in Glasgow but many of the beered up fans last night were LOOKING for a fight.

I used to think i was just unlucky as I always seemed to end up next to the moron but when it comes to away games I am wondering whether most parts of the ground have these sorts of idiots.

I don't ever see this sort of behaviour at Arsenal games and I have friends who support Motherwell/Kilmarnock who have been shocked when they have sat in hearts end with me.

HURRAH FOR US

Often I find its the women and children with some of the worst language.

Even seen some grannys go mental. Its just football, and we are no worse than any other team.

Sorry mate, you're obviously talking sheeite if you believe that!!!

There were a lot of d*cks and neds in the Hearts support last night and the usual unacceptable crap ('Edinburgh is wonderful', 'Big Jock Knew' etc.). Sadly they are a vocal minority who let the rest of us down.

Fair enough they were there supporting the team but if, in doing so, you damage the reputation of the club then what's the point.

A shower of trumpets in section G seemed to think it was funny standing the whole way through the first half and provoking the stewards and police (as well as all the fans behind them). More often than not, the Glasgow police treat us like sh*t - why give them good reason to?

Racism and sectarianism - never acceptable. Shouting through the contents of the profanosaurus - always OK.

As for Arsenal - we don't want Tynecastle becoming 'Highbury the Library'.

there are a minority who attend finals/semi-finals/away european ties.

they save there money 'til that day comes. then they over indulge, sing out-dated songs, make a tit of themselves.

as these games dont come round often enough, just be a little thankful that these 'fans' dont see the light of day very often.

Better call Saul

Maybe you are lucky where you sit when you watch Arsenal ;), EVERY team has their clowns even Arsenal .......sadly :(of course we all know this ).

The threatening behaviour is totally unacceptable I agree .

Commander Harris
There were a lot of d*cks and neds in the Hearts support last night and the usual unacceptable crap ('Edinburgh is wonderful', 'Big Jock Knew' etc.). Sadly they are a vocal minority who let the rest of us down.

Fair enough they were there supporting the team but if, in doing so, you damage the reputation of the club then what's the point.

A shower of trumpets in section G seemed to think it was funny standing the whole way through the first half and provoking the stewards and police (as well as all the fans behind them). More often than not, the Glasgow police treat us like sh*t - why give them good reason to?

Racism and sectarianism - never acceptable. Shouting through the contents of the profanosaurus - always OK.

or hush-burton grove as it is now. :)

Away games tend to show the hardcore and unfortunately that contains an element of the people we would rather not sit beside at a game we also seem to have a fairly vocal proportion of them.

Sad but i tend to agree with you that you dont get some of this element down south certainly not at the games i've been to.

There is no place for most of these songs however i wait with baited breath the Chelsea avatars and co spouting the

Who are you to tell us what to sing blah blah blah blah you think your a better fan blah blah.

Its something that is in society. To think that when people attended a football game they would change just is not going to happen.

Have to say, I quite enjoy banter at football with some of the shouts directed at players. There is a line though when it comes to this.

On a side note...

I went to see Babyshambles at the SECC just before the end of last year. The toilets were pretty full so a bloke decided (with no shame) to start ****ing in the sink.

Not many things rile me, but that did.

Minging.

I must admit I used a lot worse language than usual last night, due to the poor level of officiating which we have become used to this season.

There is also something about playing against the Of that brings out the worst in Hearts fans and Neil Lennon and Barry Ferguson in particular make me scream for wished for injuries that I would never condone from other supporters and which I would not wish for anyone in reality. I think when it comes down to it, there is a bit of an inferiority complex at play and it probably has a lot to do with the history of biased refereeing that all teams feel they suffer at the hands of the OF. I was at Love St last season to watch St Mirren play Rangers and in a family-orientated stand behind the goal. I was really shocked at the vehemence of the violently screamed obscenities, which descended to racial slurs when the game was put away by Rangers. My Buddy pals were really embarrassed and apologised for the behaviour of their fellow fans and said it was totally out of character.

The bottom line is that Rangers and Celtic bring out the worst in everybody.

MEN IN SWEARING AND SINGING AT FOOTBALL MATCH SHOCKER.

:rofl: What a *****.

Mate, its not a laughing matter. Its serious.

MEN IN SWEARING AND SINGING AT FOOTBALL MATCH SHOCKER.

:rofl: What a *****.

It's more a case of what people sing. I've nothing against swearing or singing at matches. Abusing referees is one of my favourite past-times.

Singing:

'Edinburgh is wonderful...'

'Big Jock Knew'

'Hello Hello (old school)'

'Tony Mowbray's wife...'

'Remember 1690'

... the calling card of cretins.

portobellojambo1

I wouldn't take what you saw last night as reflective of the vast majority who follow Hearts on a weekly basis, there were a few faces I saw last night for the first time in a long time, the last time I saw many of them was Cup Final versus Gretna.

Got the impression, from what was on show outside the ground, that there were an awful lot of Hearts fans who are also under age drinkers who had gone through early, and then discovered they cannot hold their drink. Guys that you would probably get arrested for hitting wanting to go fighting with anything and anyone, and most of them actually looked as if they were having trouble fighting sleep.

It's more a case of what people sing. I've nothing against swearing or singing at matches. Abusing referees is one of my favourite past-times.

Singing:

'Edinburgh is wonderful...'

'Big Jock Knew'

'Hello Hello (old school)'

'Tony Mowbray's wife...'

'Remember 1690'

... the calling card of cretins.

Were those sung last night? From where I was sitting, I thought our support last night was terrible. Barely a song sung.

The only thing I saw that annoyed me was a group of 5 or 6 neds singing about Kingston and The Sash outside Hampden. They were clearly trying to get the attention of the Rangers fans who wouldn't give them the light of day.

Were those sung last night? From where I was sitting, I thought our support last night was terrible. Barely a song sung.

The only thing I saw that annoyed me was a group of 5 or 6 neds singing about Kingston and The Sash outside Hampden. They were clearly trying to get the attention of the Rangers fans who wouldn't give them the light of day.

I heard a number of those song from pr*cks outside the ground. I don't know where you were sitting, the Hearts fans were singing the whole way through the first half and for most of the second.

I heard a number of those song from pr*cks outside the ground. I don't know where you were sitting, the Hearts fans were singing the whole way through the first half and for most of the second.

I was sitting near the front of section I. All I heard was a few "Oh when the Hearts.." And the Hearts song a few times from the people around me. Behind the goals seemed to have a wee bounce to it though.

I to my shame have used obscenities as a normal part of my language since I was younger than I care to admit. I will say I also have always had the ability to control it dependent on circumstances. One of the places it always seemed appropriate was at the games. Now as I am talking pre seventies the presence of women and children was to say the least minimal. Therefore it was deemed alright by the vast majority to curse.

On Saturday I was listening to the game on HW, my wife came through when, was it Laurence, was going nuts in the latter part of the game, she was laughing about how excited he and I were getting, and the crowd noise was also audible. As my wife commented its great that there is a place like that where all the frustrations anger, and elation are allowed to come out,without really doing a lot of harm, I wonder where it would happen if they didn't have their football.

I think her words were quite profound, I remember well shouting abuse from my spot in the North enclosure, getting excited with the crowd and acting like a normall person, this was my release from living a life of control because of my job. God bless fitba' and those who enjoy it, even if they are a bit crude at times.

By the way as a second point I did find it a bit different in Edinburgh in June the amount of kids swearing in buses, in malls, and on the streets. I have confessed to swearing as a kid but feel we were a bit more discreet where and when.l

Dougie Masterton

You said it mate.

GTF you ***** ****** I ***** with *****! And another thing, ******* ***** for ****? AYe, Thought so!

If you don't like it, I'd say find another hobby. It'll never change.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Football wouldn't be the same without the dodgy songs, radges and swearing.

Wouldn't have it any other way.

I was in section G also. The language of some 'fans' was obscene at times and no regard given for all the wimmin and kids in there. Even more sickening were the the guys from Dumb & Dumber who hurled racist abuse at Nade . Absolutely disgusting.

I shout, i swear, and say stuff in the heat of the moment at the football. I sing songs that normally i wouldn't, so i'm not going to come on here and act like i'm Mr Perfect (like so many people do).

And i'd like to say that i don't think there's anything wrong with 'Hello Hello', it's a cracking song.

I probably would be counted as one of those 'trumpets' however in my, and the rest of my friends, defence we had to stand to see the game because of guys standing in front of us. It was in fact the boys three rows in front who were standing constantly, meaning we had to stand as well. We asked them to sit down but they just ignored us, we didn't really care as we didn't mind standing.

However it was me and all my mates who got the abuse from the fans behind us who obviously presumed we were all together (with the guys standing three rows down) or were too stupid to realise we were standing because we couldn't see. Even the dumbass police and stewards originally came up to us to tell us to sit down, instead of the guys at the root of the problem.

Drove me nuts for most of the first half as we were constantly moaned at by people behind us when there was little we could do about it. It took 6 stewards and 3 policemen before they eventually sat down.

Anyone for standing sections at football games?

Francis Albert
From where I was sitting, I thought our support last night was terrible. Barely a song sung.

Did you only arrive after the second goal?

With our end being as quiet as it was it was easy enough to move to an area where everyone was standing. 5 minutes into the game when most people had taken their seats I moved over to a part of the stand where everyone was standing. When it's that easy to move over to a standing section you've got to be pretty selfish to stand in front of people that want to sit.

my god they must be rather posh in london i bet, well i bet youre glad you dont have to watch this garbige we have to to put up with every week , wish i could go back 8 years , so i suppose you will not be back then,

Great post mate.

I don't go much these days either, thank god if that is the usual behaviour. Guy sitting in front of me giving a monkey chant at Darcheville, they guy to the right calling him a coon. Jeez.

The boys to the right of me stood up the whole of the first half shouting any abuse you could think of. They were totally gassed also and spent most of the time going to the bog in turns. Total pain in the a**e.

I used to think that it was only Rangers and Celtic that had this kind of tripe in their fan base but it seems we have been dragged inot to their gutter...

Guest billyman56

I love that Kingston and The Sash song. Very funny IMO

I was in section G also. The language of some 'fans' was obscene at times and no regard given for all the wimmin and kids in there. Even more sickening were the the guys from Dumb & Dumber who hurled racist abuse at Nade . Absolutely disgusting.

Did you report them for that? It's the only way we are gonna get rid of idiots like that!

I heard someone say a bad word last night. It made me really sad. I just don't see why people have to be so mean.

One person even had a go at me for some reason. I didn't get it, all that I said was : "I say, Ferguson, you cad, it looks like you may have accidentally touched the ball with your hand prior to scoring that goal! Whilst I totally respect you both as a footballer and a human being, that is in contravention of the rules of the game! You bounder!"

Some Hearts fans make me sick. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO MEAN, WHYYYYYYYYY? :mad:

Id rather that than Judas Stephen Phressley

Pressley is a Hearts legend. You, and your ilk, are part of what's wrong with HMFC.

Thank God you're back - we need more erudite scholars on JKB.

I'm sorry that I can't be as fantastic a human being as you. Would you ever consider teaching me?

I've picked up a couple of pointers already, I'm glad to say. In future, I'll do my best to use long words purely and simply for the sake of it and refuse to accept that people might disagree with me about things without being either stupid or a disgrace to HMFC.

I agree that sectarian singing shouldn't happen but cut a bit of slack with the swearing/standing. Footballs a man's release. If you want a quiet night go to the pictures

What is the problem with swearing at the games I mean for **** sake we all ****ing **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** need to when **** **** **** **** **** ****and then what the **** do the **** of ****ers ****ing think when we all just ****ing want to watch the same ****ing **** of a mother ****ing **** team.

That is all.

Archived