Is the language used/behaviour by some Hearts fans necessary

east london jambo

It's this element of our support that puts me off going to away games...I go to watch my team play football, not listen to grubby neds spouting rubbish about things they don't understand, or singing songs about child molesting. But what can you do? They're too busy thinking they sound hard to bother about the effect their actions have on the people around them - not even the kids. Worst of all, not only do they think they're funny (Perrier Award winning material, it isn't) they also seem to be under the misapprehension that it's somehow acceptable cos they're in a football stadium....it's the manly thing to do at a game, and acting like an imbecile makes them look like the big man in front of their mates...

Maybe they'll grow up at some point but if not, there's always the hope that they might get fed up and go back to hanging about outside Waverley Market.

:dry:

In the early 70's at a Texaco cup game I was arrested and charged with "shouting and swearing,jumping up and down and therefore committing a breach of the peace". At a football match ffs!! Anyway it happens, always has and always will. But there is something that I will never be found guilty of and that is booing or abusing any player who plays in the maroon of Heart of Midlothian!! Not a lot of people on here can say that!!!!!!

I'm sorry that I can't be as fantastic a human being as you. Would you ever consider teaching me?

I've picked up a couple of pointers already, I'm glad to say. In future, I'll do my best to use long words purely and simply for the sake of it and refuse to accept that people might disagree with me about things without being either stupid or a disgrace to HMFC.

He's come down with a bad case of Don-Kingitis:

Your falsifically inaccuratnicity is ethno-specifically stupendifying!

I love that Kingston and The Sash song. Very funny IMO

Can't see why mate. It's wrong to celebrate such drug taking. Will do nothing for Larry's fitness.

He's come down with a bad case of Don-Kingitis:

Your falsifically inaccuratnicity is ethno-specifically stupendifying!

Absolutely, all the words I use are made up???

I'd direct you towards a dictionary, but you took offence the last time I tried to help you.:P

Geoff Kilpatrick
In the early 70's at a Texaco cup game I was arrested and charged with "shouting and swearing,jumping up and down and therefore committing a breach of the peace". At a football match ffs!! Anyway it happens, always has and always will. But there is something that I will never be found guilty of and that is booing or abusing any player who plays in the maroon of Heart of Midlothian!! Not a lot of people on here can say that!!!!!!

I'm confused. I thought it was the early 70's in Peebles right now, in a Life on Mars type way! :)

Did you report them for that? It's the only way we are gonna get rid of idiots like that!

No. I didn't report them.

If the stewards can't be arsed and the polis can't be arsed then I'm not gonna walk out of my way to find them. And it was a bliddy long walk from where I was sitting all the way back up to where the stewards/polis were : who seemed more interested in having a go at folks lighting a fag.

Absolutely, all the words I use are made up???

I'd direct you towards a dictionary, but you took offence the last time I tried to help you.:P

You're being awfully hostile on this thread, and I think that it's out of keeping with the spirit in which it was made. If someone was to behave in this way at a game, well, east london jambo could get angry. Would you want that on your conscience?

I'm confused. I thought it was the early 70's in Peebles right now, in a Life on Mars type way! :)

You're right about one thing - You are confused!:)

It's this element of our support that puts me off going to away games...I go to watch my team play football, not listen to grubby neds spouting rubbish about things they don't understand, or singing songs about child molesting. But what can you do? They're too busy thinking they sound hard to bother about the effect their actions have on the people around them - not even the kids. Worst of all, not only do they think they're funny (Perrier Award winning material, it isn't) they also seem to be under the misapprehension that it's somehow acceptable cos they're in a football stadium....it's the manly thing to do at a game, and acting like an imbecile makes them look like the big man in front of their mates...

Maybe they'll grow up at some point but if not, there's always the hope that they might get fed up and go back to hanging about outside Waverley Market.

The reason for this effect may be, in part, that while the home support is segregated by price (and hence, to some extent, by socioeconomic class) when you get away tickets you're distributed more or less at random meaning that the refined plutocrats from the platinum seats can find themselves shoulder to shoulder with the some of the earthier denizens of the cheap seats from the less desirable peripheral suburbs, the type that think it's OK to be wearing white trainers when you're stationary and whose Mothers probably smoked though childbirth, not just pregnancy.

There was a guy sitting right behind me who just shouted and swore constantly from first whistle to last, I swear he never drew breath. He kept going on about how the referee would give Rangers a decision regardless and how Hearts were sheet and rangers were dirty bassas blah blah blah. Was it one of you? If it was I bet you had a sore throat on Thursday morning, sheesh!

Personally I found it quite amusing because I always end up sitting next to the token nutcase. The swearing doesn't bother me, and I admit I blurt out an expletive or two mostly when the ref gives a ludicrous decision (like Rangers first 'goal' for example).

There were a lot of d*cks and neds in the Hearts support last night and the usual unacceptable crap ('Edinburgh is wonderful', 'Big Jock Knew' etc.). Sadly they are a vocal minority who let the rest of us down.

Fair enough they were there supporting the team but if, in doing so, you damage the reputation of the club then what's the point.

A shower of trumpets in section G seemed to think it was funny standing the whole way through the first half and provoking the stewards and police (as well as all the fans behind them). More often than not, the Glasgow police treat us like sh*t - why give them good reason to?

Racism and sectarianism - never acceptable. Shouting through the contents of the profanosaurus - always OK.

As for Arsenal - we don't want Tynecastle becoming 'Highbury the Library'.

Whats this song got to do with sectarianism or racism?

Another pathetic whinge about what is basically a non-event, part of the parcel of attending a football match.

If it was a choice between this environment of "ruffians" or sitting amongst a shower of silent sandwich munchers, I know what i'd choose every time.

Its about time football got its baws back.

Whats this song got to do with sectarianism or racism?

The rise of 'Big Jock Knew' coincided with the fall of 'Hello Hello' - coincidence?

No, it's pathetic, cowardly, veiled sectarianism.

Miller Jambo 60
there are a minority who attend finals/semi-finals/away european ties.

they save there money 'til that day comes. then they over indulge, sing out-dated songs, make a tit of themselves.

as these games dont come round often enough, just be a little thankful that these 'fans' dont see the light of day very often.

TALKING about fans where were the season ticket boys from tyne it was a semi for goodness sake.

I am one and my mate we made it .

Certain people on this site moan moan go to the games, and support us.

If your wife kicked you in the balls this weekend you would probably say 'oh thats hurts but dont worry about it, no harm done' If your wife kicked you in the balls systematic for the last eight years you may just be saying something along the lines 'for **** sake that hurts so ****ing much control your damn foot swear swear swear'.

Lots of people swear a lot at football. I do it myself. But there is a line where enthusiasm or letting off steam ends, and abuse (whether it is sectarian, racist or whatever else) begins.

That line is not difficult to discern; neither should it be difficult for grown adults to stop themselves crossing it.

One does tend to resort to profanities at matches although not use them in every day conversations. Weird eh? Maybe something to do with the decisions and the crap we are watching?

Guest billyman56
Pressley is a Hearts legend. You, and your ilk, are part of what's wrong with HMFC.

Me, and my ilk!!! Haha. What exactly does that mean? You can go to games, (thats if you even do) sit quietly, forget how this club was formed and what it represents and generally fell offended at everything. I'll go with mates, have a good time, create an atmosphere, encourage players and celebrate this great institution of a club. I'm afraid that 'me and my ilk' will be around for a very very long time yet and we are growing in numbers every year

Me, and my ilk!!! Haha. What exactly does that mean? You can go to games, (thats if you even do) sit quietly, forget how this club was formed and what it represents and generally fell offended at everything. I'll go with mates, have a good time, create an atmosphere, encourage players and celebrate this great institution of a club. I'm afraid that 'me and my ilk' will be around for a very very long time yet and we are growing in numbers every year

Remind me again how it was formed and what it represents ??

Genuine question

GC

PS If you dont know what you and your ilk means (Line 1), how can you know that you are growing in numbers every year (Line 7)

I would have a little bit more respect for you and your ilk if you weren't so disingenuous when posting on KB. 'London Jambo' has already pointed out the glaring inconsistency in your reply. There are plenty Hearts fans who sing about Edinburgh being wonderful 'except for Jews and *******'; sing songs about Tony Mowbray's dead wife; and sing 'the sash', 'hello hello' and 'big Jock knew' - funnily enough nobody ever appears on KB to justify that behaviour. Instead people hide behind euphemisms - it is cowardice of the highest order.

For your information, I go to games (home and away) and will sing and swear my way through most of them. What I try hard not to do is shame the club I represent as a supporter.

I feel a wee bit sorry for the guy who started this thread...

I find the huge number of people on here who cant make a point without mocking or abusing someone (whilst hiding behind a monitor) a bit depressing. I think this thread is a good example :rolleyes:

Totally agree, I'm in my 50's & like to think I've matured as a person & passed on some of my values regarding behaviour & what I consider to be acceptable/unacceptable to my son, who to his credit is intelligent &does not as far as I'm aware behave like some of the sub-humans I've seen at away games & finals/semi-finals.

My point is I fear we have a large section of our support who defy the laws of evolution. You can hear them coming as the sound of their knuckles dragging along the ground can be deafening. The teenage neds you can just about excuse, they for the most part dont know any better. What is unexcusable is the more mature supporter from late 20's onward, who persist with their sectarian/racist singing chanting, & in doing so give the message to their offspring that this is acceptable.

I am not a pc holy willie, I do on occaision like to shout & swear & players refs & opposition fans. What disturbs me is my increasing dislike & at times disgust at the behaviour of some of our own fans perticularly away from home, where I find it increasingly difficult to resist shouting at them & telling them to grow up & behave.

The last time I did it was on the plane back from Bordeaux when some ersewipe was going on about hearts protestant traditions & roots. Being ****ed I told him to **** off. The response & support I got from many of the passengers was refreshing.

It strikes me that we need to be collectively responsible for stamping this nonsense out. By doing this we will IMO go a long way to removing the worst elements of behaviour from our support.

Another pathetic whinge about what is basically a non-event, part of the parcel of attending a football match.

If it was a choice between this environment of "ruffians" or sitting amongst a shower of silent sandwich munchers, I know what i'd choose every time.

Its about time football got its baws back.

Good shout. We should start a campaign, "Bring Baws Back Into Football". Get rid of the new age fans before the only sport us "Ruffians" have left is darts

I find the huge number of people on here who cant make a point without mocking or abusing someone (whilst hiding behind a monitor) a bit depressing. I think this thread is a good example :rolleyes:

The guy who started the thread was also insulting people whilst hiding behind a monitor. So are some of the people who are agreeing with him.

Um, any comments that you make are also made from behind a monitor. That's kind of, er, the whole point?

Last night was my first Hearts game in a while (I live in London). I used to be a season ticket holder for 8 years. Back when I attended regularly it always amazed me how the away support always seemed so much rougher than those that sat around me at tynie.

Last night I have to admit I was shocked:

(1) Language of some fans is just totally uncalled for (particularly with women and children around) - much of the abuse is also completely sick.

(2) I saw several stewards being verbally threatened for simply trying to enforce the rules (e.g. smoking).

(3) At half time in the toilets there was sectarian singing etc ........ what does this have to do with hearts?

(4) Why do so many Hearts fans have a problem with Glasgow? Its a fine city and if you don't like it don't go to games there. I know many people think the police have treated us unfairly in Glasgow but many of the beered up fans last night were LOOKING for a fight.

I used to think i was just unlucky as I always seemed to end up next to the moron but when it comes to away games I am wondering whether most parts of the ground have these sorts of idiots.

I don't ever see this sort of behaviour at Arsenal games and I have friends who support Motherwell/Kilmarnock who have been shocked when they have sat in hearts end with me.

Basically - the Hearts away support is about as rough as it gets.

you don't see this behaviour at games in the premiership at all because thats turning out to be like tennis .....

you can't stand unless your team have scored.

the only thing u can do is sing a song ( but this only happens once in a blue moon at a game in the premiership )

Shame you couldn't try as hard as that to be a bit less self important.

Says a guy who started a thread to announce his return to KB.

{or is ironic narcissism OK?}

Says a guy who started a thread to announce his return to KB.

{or is ironic narcissism OK?}

Well, I'm not sure if it's okay, but I'd certainly rather that than take myself as seriously as you apparently take yourself. It's quite a disappointing character trait in such an erudite scholar.

Well, I'm not sure if it's okay, but I'd certainly rather that than take myself as seriously as you apparently take yourself. It's quite a disappointing character trait in such an erudite scholar.

2004012130_Display-35.gif

I'm sure atleast one of us can learn from this hilarious bumper sticker.

2004012130_Display-35.gif

I'm sure atleast one of us can learn from this hilarious bumper sticker.

Ah, so this is how you become an erudite scholar - by accusing everyone who disagrees with you about anything of being stupid. I'm picking up pointers all the time here.

Last night etc.

Why not stay in east london with it's historically low levels of crime and anti social behaviour then? What's your local team... bet no one ever swears at west ham games!

Can you perhaps elaborate on what you believe the club represents? It might help me understand your point more. Ta.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
The rise of 'Big Jock Knew' coincided with the fall of 'Hello Hello' - coincidence?

No, it's pathetic, cowardly, veiled sectarianism.

So hating Celtic automatically makes one anti-Catholic?

Interesting.

Can i ask why use are getting upset about what hearts fans have said and sung ? Do you think use are the only fans that sing songs that should not be sung ? every fan base sing songs we dont like , thats part and parcel of football , get over it , in my eyes its all banter , its what makes football what it is . I do agree there are some songs that are out of order , but if you show the other team that it pi$$es u off , they will do it all the more (ps, i am a hibby) not proud of some off the songs we sing ,but haho thats fitbaw

Miller Jambo 60
I would have a little bit more respect for you and your ilk if you weren't so disingenuous when posting on KB. 'London Jambo' has already pointed out the glaring inconsistency in your reply. There are plenty Hearts fans who sing about Edinburgh being wonderful 'except for Jews and *******'; sing songs about Tony Mowbray's dead wife; and sing 'the sash', 'hello hello' and 'big Jock knew' - funnily enough nobody ever appears on KB to justify that behaviour. Instead people hide behind euphemisms - it is cowardice of the highest order.

For your information, I go to games (home and away) and will sing and swear my way through most of them. What I try hard not to do is shame the club I represent as a supporter.

GO AWAY

Yup. For all their claims of having 'baws', it strange that none of them ever seem to want to own up to being personally involved. Instead, we're subjected to pathetic arguments about human rights and free speech. :wacko:

And then there's the bizarre argument that if you're against this sort of thing, you must be a snob, a PC hand-wringer...or at the very least, responsible for ruining the atmosphere at Tynecastle. EH?

I don't know why I bother questioning their logic when they clearly don't have any.

I heard someone say a bad word last night. It made me really sad. I just don't see why people have to be so mean.

One person even had a go at me for some reason. I didn't get it, all that I said was : "I say, Ferguson, you cad, it looks like you may have accidentally touched the ball with your hand prior to scoring that goal! Whilst I totally respect you both as a footballer and a human being, that is in contravention of the rules of the game! You bounder!"

Some Hearts fans make me sick. WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO MEAN, WHYYYYYYYYY? :mad:

What's your opinion of the racist abuse mentioned elsewhere on this thread, Makween?

Guest S.U.S.S.

Agreed, seems to have turned into a kickback keyboard warrior convention.:)

Archived