MacDonald & Banks?

cocobeab

Quote in today's News ... "With Steve Banks and Jamie MacDonald no longer serious first-team contenders, it is left to Kello and Balogh to slog it out".

Can anyone in the know confirm whether this is the official position or whether the News have saw fit to start ruling on a young players career.

Be very disappointed if MacDonald had been totally ruled out of any chance of a start.

I have not seen anything like enough from either Kello or Ballogh yet to be convinced that Jamie has been put in the shade by new signings far and away superior.

Really hope this is not the case but fear Macdonald's situation could become typical putting off any future promising youth from hanging around and trying to work through the ranks at Tyne. Other threads have already alluded to fears in this regard. How many of our current U21, 19 & 17s must look at MacDonald and Glen cast aside while the likes of Ksnavicius gets a first team jersey.

Discuss, if you fancy ....

jamboinglasgow

the thing is you say look at Ksnavicious getting a first team jersey, I would say that they are more looking at Jonsson, berra, Wallace, Driver and Mole all getting a first team jersey as a better way of noticing that they can break through.

Quote in today's News ... "With Steve Banks and Jamie MacDonald no longer serious first-team contenders, it is left to Kello and Balogh to slog it out".

Can anyone in the know confirm whether this is the official position or whether the News have saw fit to start ruling on a young players career.

Be very disappointed if MacDonald had been totally ruled out of any chance of a start.

I have not seen anything like enough from either Kello or Ballogh yet to be convinced that Jamie has been put in the shade by new signings far and away superior.

Really hope this is not the case but fear Macdonald's situation could become typical putting off any future promising youth from hanging around and trying to work through the ranks at Tyne. Other threads have already alluded to fears in this regard. How many of our current U21, 19 & 17s must look at MacDonald and Glen cast aside while the likes of Ksnavicius gets a first team jersey.

I think that Kello and Balogh have been okay so far.

But I don't think on the initial evidence that either of them are far superior to Banks and MacDonald. Nor do I see signs of the sort of transformation Malcolm Webster had on Craig Gordon to show that the new goalie coach is superior to Stevie Banks.

So signing 2 goalies plus a new goalie coach when the club was failing to pay other bills and have only 1 left back on the books was the usual bizarre transfer window situation.

Maybe not Macdonald ... but I've heard from different sources, that you will see youngsters being given a start come January ...

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe not Macdonald ... but I've heard from different sources, that you will see youngsters being given a start come January ...

but csaba's has full control of course. ;)

Charlie-Brown

That isn't a quote from anyone, it is the opinion expressed by the journalist who wrote the story to pad out his word count.

Jesus, I was hoping for some juicy gossip when I saw the title of this thread. Why isn't Kickback more like Heat magazine?

jamboinglasgow

doesn't surprise me to be honest, I have always felt Csabas aim before January was to build some stabilty and strengh back in the team, I think there will some more experenced players brought into the team which would allow the youngsters to be able to move into the team more easily.

If QoS still want McDonald back out on loan - I would try and set that deal up for the rest of this season.

No point talking about Banksy - Vlad has made up his mind on that.

doesn't surprise me to be honest, I have always felt Csabas aim before January was to build some stabilty and strengh back in the team, I think there will some more experenced players brought into the team which would allow the youngsters to be able to move into the team more easily.

that would certainly be a little more encouraging. take all points made that this is most likely the News getting me unnecessarily concerned, that there are a few youngsters getting a game and that building from an experienced back line is sensible. Nonetheless retain degree of sympathy for Jamie.

Served his time learning from CG, did his out on loan shift to wide acclaim and didnt get a decent chance to make No.1 jersey his own.

hope wider concerns are wide of the mark and we start to see honest young triers brought in ahead o journeyman wasters but accept its a balancing act, espcially in front of unforgiving home fans.

in lazlo we trust, just hope he's given option.

Charlie-Brown
I felt that MacDonald should have been given the chnace to claim the No 1 spot as his own this year. Did well in his spell at Q of S and just felt he should have been given the opportunity to step up. Worse case scenario you bring Banks in and get someone in Jan.

It was strange, maybe Csaba just doesn't fancy him.

Maybe its something else. Does anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

Into his final year unless he's signed a new deal?

Thig Ar Latha

I'm sure he said at the start of the season that he rated MacDonald, but thinks he needs more experience.

Kello has'nt done badly so far, but looked a bit spooked at ER, although he did take a head knock. Balogh did well when he came on at ER, but needs time to settle in to the Team and League. Someone critisised him a little for the Aberdeen goal last Saturday on a different thread, which I thought was a bit harsh. I think in time MacDonald will get his chance and hold his own.

Time will tell.

Charlie-Brown
Cheers, do you know if he was offered another deal?

Don't know LBJ although there was some news articles fairly recently about him wanting to go on loan etc so maybe they might shed some light on his contract situation if anyone can find them.

No real need to be up in arms about this.

Kello has played well so far and has experience.

Balogh has waited and got his chance - done ok and needs more time.

Sadly for Steve Banks - he was pushed and treated badly. The club are still giving him a chance though to develop his coaching career. He is in the last stages of his playing career but contributing in other capacities.

As for Jamie Mac - it's rough just now, but given the current climate it might not be unreasonable to expect one of Balogh or Kello will leave. He could get his chance then to step up.

Out of interest - what's so important about January? If youth are to be given a chance why not give them the chance now?

Sure, you can sell on players in January, but if it's to give a chance to the youth we already have ... well, there's nothing to stop giving that chance to the youth now.

So I ask - what's so special about January? Is it that the particular youth players are currently not mature /resilient enough but with 2 more months in the U19s / Reserves they will be??!

Out of interest - what's so important about January? If youth are to be given a chance why not give them the chance now?

Sure, you can sell on players in January, but if it's to give a chance to the youth we already have ... well, there's nothing to stop giving that chance to the youth now.

So I ask - what's so special about January? Is it that the particular youth players are currently not mature /resilient enough but with 2 more months in the U19s / Reserves they will be??!

I suspect it may be necessary to play the young players in January as I feel players like Berra, Driver, Kingston and Nade will move or be moved on in January.

I dont know if this is the case, but i think it makes sense not to throw the youngsters in just now. We have the youngest team in the league as it is (I think) and i dont think exposing more youngsters than need would help us really

Let them get used to the formation and system playing in u19s and reserves and come Jan when a couple of 1st team players maybe move on, they know their positions well and can maybe slot in.

I would love to see Glen & Rapnik given a chance just now.

Others like Husband, McGowan, Kostadinov, Templeton perhaps in the new year.

Because, until January there will be better players to select!

heartsgroupie
I would love to see Glen & Rapnik given a chance just now.

Others like Husband, McGowan, Kostadinov, Templeton perhaps in the new year.

should McGowan not be given a chance now? he featured on the bench alot last season and was never played apart from gretna

BANKS DOES NOT PLAY FOR HEARTS!

He attends the reserve games warms up the keepers and trains the youth players he will not play in a hearts jersey again.

Jamie Mcdonald by far our best keeper yet again it's vlad who picks the team so he won't get a chance.

If QoS still want McDonald back out on loan - I would try and set that deal up for the rest of this season.

No point talking about Banksy - Vlad has made up his mind on that.

Did Romanov not give Banks an improved new contract when Rangers showed interest(allgedly) last season. Banks through no fault of his own is sitting on his back side earning very good money.

Archived