MONEY, WHATS THE MOST YOU HAVE FOUND

Me was ?40 lying on the ground when i was walking to work one morning , first thought it was just a tenner then to my delight another 3 were inside.:)

a couple of years ago I found ?300 hangng out the cash point at Tescos Hardengreen, I handed it in to customer services, I never even got thanked :sad:

Hmmmmm.

Me was ?40 lying on the ground when i was walking to work one morning , first thought it was just a tenner then to my delight another 3 were inside.:)

Where is it you work? Im sure i dropped 40 quid there a while back.

So, Cough up.

I found 1500 euros beside a park bench in Nice whilst hostelling round europe a couple years ago.

A mate went home on the bus to Gorgie got on the bus sat down started talking to her fella noticed that there was an envelope sitting at the side of her near the window and proceeded to open it.

?2500 there was nothing on the envelope no address nothing to indicate who it belonged to and no way of noting anything in relation the person who left it.

So she had a choice

a) Hand it to the driver (never to be seen again)

B) Hand it to the cops (never to be seen again)

c) Keep it.

It was Christmas the year before last nice present but not for someone who left it.

Never found anything other than a fiver I think. Lost plenty though so I am due some cash!

A couple of mates of mine were walking around the Gyle in the summer and someone approached them asking for a hug. The first girl said no but the second went along with it and was then handed a fiver!

Was on my way down to Ainslie Park gym to train and found what I thought was a ten pound note lying on the ground so just picked it up and pocketed it without really looking at it....hours later I went to the shop to get a couple of things and took the money out of my pocket only to find it was a fifty pound note. Needless to say was doing a merry dance in Scotmid!

A fifty is green and double the size!

:biggrin:

i found a huge fat wallet in the street one time, picked it up, had a look around to see if anyone appeared to be searching for it, stuck it in my pocket without looking inside. before i got home i wrestled with my morals as to what i was going to do in the event of there being a shed load of candy in it. i hadn't quite decided by the time i looked but my mind was soon made up when i had a butcher's to discover there was hee-haw in it in terms of cash, just padded oot with tons of papers and cards.

i found the bloke's phone number inside and gave him a call, he came along to collect his wallet and immediately opened it to give me a reward. i quickly made it known that i wouldn't accept any money and that i didn't think there was any money in it anyway. he looked suprised and said that he thought there was cash inside. he probably thought i had swiped his cash.

i am led to believe you can get about ?50 reward from handing in a bank card, don't know if that's right or not. i could have made a fortune 'cos the boy must have had about 20.

i'll be keeping the next one... maybe.

A fifty is green and double the size!

:biggrin:

As I say I didnt even look at it when I picked it up, just seen a note crumpled up on ground and quickly put it in my pocket, just assumed at the time that it must have been a tenner.

It got quickly ****ed up against the wall after I noticed it was a fifty, lol!

I once lost ?2500 on a bus a few years back. Around Gorgie area. Never found it :(

Hope you find it DR im sure it will turn up someone is bound to hand it in :rolleyes:

I hope you handed it in to the authorities.

eh, well, if it was in a wallet then of course i would i would hate losing my wallet but since there was no name and address on the money apart from the queens face and we all know how much she has i thought she would not miss such a measly sum i decided to keep it safe from opportunists.:rolleyes:

nanananananana-angus

A few years ago I was in a fruit and veg shop in Tollcross when I spotted a purse lying close to the counter,the shop assistant obviously hadn't noticed it,so I picked it up and without checking the contents I stupidly handed it to the assistant.The guy basically snatched the purse out of my hand.

Hmmmm...

I left the shop, phoned up my girlfriend and got her to phone the shop and ask if anybody had handed in a purse.The guy said no.

Feck it,I thought, I'm going to the plod.I walked down to Haymarked cop shop and explained what happened,they took me back up to Tollcross and asked me to wait in the car while they questioned the boy.A few minutes later one of the plod came out and asked me to walk past the shop,look in and id the guy.I did and confirmed it was the same guy I'd handed the purse to.

The plod came out about 5 minutes later with the purse and they told me that after initially denying a purse had been handed in, the guy then changed his story and said he'd only just taken over his shift from his brother and that his brother hadn't mentioned the purse.Aye ok then.

A few weeks later,I got a letter through to go and pick up my ?20 reward from Fettes.It turned out the purse belonged to a young Irish lass studying at Edinburgh Uni,the purse had ?175 and a few credit cards in.

A few years ago I was in a fruit and veg shop in Tollcross when I spotted a purse lying close to the counter,the shop assistant obviously hadn't noticed it,so I picked it up and without checking the contents I stupidly handed it to the assistant.The guy basically snatched the purse out of my hand.

Hmmmm...

I left the shop, phoned up my girlfriend and got her to phone the shop and ask if anybody had handed in a purse.The guy said no.

Feck it,I thought, I'm going to the plod.I walked down to Haymarked cop shop and explained what happened,they took me back up to Tollcross and asked me to wait in the car while they questioned the boy.A few minutes later one of the plod came out and asked me to walk past the shop,look in and id the guy.I did and confirmed it was the same guy I'd handed the purse to.

The plod came out about 5 minutes later with the purse and they told me that after initially denying a purse had been handed in, the guy then changed his story and said he'd only just taken over his shift from his brother and that his brother hadn't mentioned the purse.Aye ok then.

A few weeks later,I got a letter through to go and pick up my ?20 reward from Fettes.It turned out the purse belonged to a young Irish lass studying at Edinburgh Uni,the purse had ?175 and a few credit cards in.

GOOD MAN, and great the wee sneaky liar got caught .:)

Hmmmm...

Top boy takes alot of hassle for you to do all of that when you could have just not bothered about it after handing it back in.

I wish the boy/girl who found my wallet in Vegas had bothered to be so generous as to get it back to me.

Mind you they may have nicked it off me right enough.

Im of the opinion if its a wallet or anything where there is ID then you get it back to the owner if you can.

If its cash on its own found then its yours as handing it in is only going to give money to someone else and not the original owner of the money.

i was once cleaning up at the end of my shift in native state a few years ago and found a wee purse on a ledge. stuffed it in my apron pocket and thought nothing of it as we had been rammed that night and was wanting to get home. about ten minutes after i had put the purse in my apron a wee student lassie was banging at the window asking if anyone had found said purse, i immediatley gave her it back, turns out it had her months rent in cash in it, approx 300. she was lucky i found it an not some ****bag.

Found a few 20's working in pubs over the years. Always around the bar on a Saturday night when folk are that burst they drop them:)

I found a girls purse full of cash and cards on the way home from a night out at around 7am. She was still drunk in her bed and her dad had to come down and get it. I would never keep a purse of wallet but as has been said if it's money it is highly unlikely the original owner will ever see it again anyway!!

ive found sevral wallets, purces & monies at our old residance at west nicholson's street (now central)

most ive ever found in one 'sweep' was ?650.

all handed back when people came & got plumbes :(

think the most ive ever found lying in the street is ?20.

ive had my hand on a winning lotto ticket worth a cool ?1.3 million tho.

wish it was mine tho.

Once had ?3000 transferred into my bank account with no explanation, told the bank and they said it was a mix up and gave me a reward...

of ?30.

Should have kept my mouth shut.

Once had ?3000 transferred into my bank account with no explanation, told the bank and they said it was a mix up and gave me a reward...

of ?30.

?30.:eek:, how noble of them, i would have been tempted to keep my mouth shut too but knowing me i would have been sussed sooner than later.:rolleyes:

of ?30.

that would av been withdrawn ASAP.

i would av went right into the bank withdrew it & transferd it into another account.

ive heard of it happening, someone had 10,000 put into their account & it was ment to be 100!

the banks cant take the money back until YOU tell them that the money is in your account lol.

at least you got ?30 for nothing lol

Found a purse in a phone box about 20 years ago,credit cards and over 300 bucks in it.I handed it in to the police station and never heared any more about it.

Walking up the bridges with a workmate a few years back i noticed some notes lying on the pavement there was nobody any where near said notes,i had a quick look round and picked them up and stuffed them into my pocket.Going to the nearest pub seemed the logical thing to do,when in the pub we shared ?180 between the two of us and got very very drunk.:)

I found a fiver once, someone said it was their's so I give it to them. I regret it now :sad:

"Dont see your name on it" is what you should have said.;)

I got in a taxi once and saw a tenner lying on the floor.

Would you hand it to the driver?

Thought not.

(I did and he gave me my change for the fare, everybody wins!)

In pouring rain a few years back at 1.30am walking home from work I spotted ?20 lying on the ground. Picked it up, there was another ?20 underneath it, with a further ?10 folded inside it!

Did I baws hand it in for the police keep to themselves.

Same here, but I found mine at a random RBOS. Did I hand it over? I'll let you decide.

that would av been withdrawn ASAP.

i would av went right into the bank withdrew it & transferd it into another account.

ive heard of it happening, someone had 10,000 put into their account & it was ment to be 100!

the banks cant take the money back until YOU tell them that the money is in your account lol.

at least you got ?30 for nothing lol

Yes they can and you can get charged for theft for knowingly withdrawing money that you know isn't yours. They can also demand the cash back and haul your ass through court if you refuse.

Same here, but I found mine at a random RBOS. Did I hand it over? I'll let you decide.

Maybe you did maybe you did not but you could have shrugged your shoulders ,went ah well easy come easy go and fecked off to the boozer and got plastered followed by a nice kebab and a fast black home or maybe i have totally missed judged you and if i have i apologise .;)

Suspect Device

saw a ?20 note lying folded up on the pavement, picked it up and on closer inspection there was another 4 of them folded inside

did lose my wallet (think i was dipped at the airport actually in hindsite) coming home from Chicago a couple of years ago - cards and cash of about 200 dollers, 40 euros and ?300, what a job that was trying to get the insurance to pay out , still got about ?400 back in the end

found a twenty quid note just before fossie put the winner in against the hibees. stood on it and growled at my mate as he jumped on me in case i lost it. folk around us thought i was a hibee for a brief moment as i wasn't jumpin around like a dafty

Found 20 quid on the street when I was a nipper. My old man told me to hand it in to the polis, which I did. Some time later (can't remember) I got a call saying noone claimed it and it was mine.

I felt rich :P

Nikki: I always thought the bank machines took the money back if it wasnt pulled.

Biggest hall..

An eighth of tony montana at the studios... took it home an weighed... over the moon.

Found 20 quid on the street when I was a nipper. My old man told me to hand it in to the polis, which I did. Some time later (can't remember) I got a call saying noone claimed it and it was mine.

I felt rich :P

Had exactly the same coming out of the main stand at Tynie when I was wee.

Same out come and everything.:)

Nikki: I always thought the bank machines took the money back if it wasnt pulled.

Biggest hall..

An eighth of tony montana at the studios... took it home an weighed... over the moon.

Not that I'm aware. unless there's a timer thingymajig ofc.

they are pink/red now. Shows how often you get them... scaff! ;) hahah :P

thats the english ones the clydesdales are gr**n.

Not that I'm aware. unless there's a timer thingymajig ofc.

I always thought the bank took it back if you didnt take it?

A guy once left the cash machine with his money still in the machine. I felt that bad I told him.

He gave me ?20 so felt quite good about it actually, as I was a student at the time.

A guy once left the cash machine with his money still in the machine. I felt that bad I told him.

He gave me ?20 so felt quite good about it actually, as I was a student at the time.

Ah, never knew that..

Search Stone Roses on you tube some quality vids. (thought I'd share it)

Ah, never knew that..

Search Stone Roses on you tube some quality vids. (thought I'd share it)

Thats because I never told you!.

You're now forgiven for your antics in Glasgow that day mate, so good mates again. :);)

At a cash machine once and the last people had left their card in....... could have wiped them out but took card out and ran down street to give it back.....

I'm not a dirty hibee thief....

"Dont see your name on it" is what you should have said.;)

Yeh I should have. I was foolish to give it to them, it was to late to get it back once I had realised this though.