MONEY, WHATS THE MOST YOU HAVE FOUND

maroonlegions

When i was in London i came in to my work hungover and late one day. My boss told me to make up for it to go over to Marylebone Station to the M&S to get her a sandwich. I came back with the wrong one and she demanded that i go back and change it. When i got there it was empty so i walked round all the barrier cords to the checkout. just as i was was coming to the last one... Two ?50 notes! Back of the net! Couldn't believe it. Dunno what the moral is of the story :-)

nanananananana-angus
Top boy takes alot of hassle for you to do all of that when you could have just not bothered about it after handing it back in.

I wish the boy/girl who found my wallet in Vegas had bothered to be so generous as to get it back to me.

Mind you they may have nicked it off me right enough.

Im of the opinion if its a wallet or anything where there is ID then you get it back to the owner if you can.

If its cash on its own found then its yours as handing it in is only going to give money to someone else and not the original owner of the money.

Cheers mate,tbh though it was no hassle at all.The more I thought about the way he snatched the purse out of my hand the angrier I got,I knew the boy wasn't going to hand it in and thieving is one of my pet hates.

winston churchill

a few years ago i was going out on a saturday night.

i was walking towards a cash machine at the foot of leef walk.as i was getting closer this drunk guy staggers away back up the walk.

i get to the machine and pull out my card.

as i am about to put it in, i've clocked ?50 hanging out it(thanks drunk bloke)card went straight back in my pocket.

On the night of a big Hearts European match in the 80's (I can't remember who it was against -for reasons that will become obvious) I went to the toilets in what was then the Nirvana, & spied a tenner in the P Trough.

As a penniless student I was only too delighted to fish it out & wash it in the sink. To my joy, it turned out to be 4 tenners. After washing my hands THOROUGHLY, my mate & I tanked the lot & got taxi's home (a rare treat in those days).

I spare a thought for whoever it was that lost it (?40 was a lot of money in those days), but what was I supposed to do, march into the bar & ask if there was a man who wanted to go back into the mens toilets for ?40? Nah.

It was a pretty rough pub then.

About 4-5 years ago I was walking home one nite along the dean in stockbridge and found ?180 in a wee plastic bag lying on the path. No one was about so it got poketed and spent the next again nite.. :)

About 4-5 years ago I was walking home one nite along the dean in stockbridge and found ?180 in a wee plastic bag lying on the path. No one was about so it got poketed and spent the next again nite.. :)

That sounds quite weirdly suspect!

Archived