Can yoo beleive this!

CalgaryHibs

To be fair to the SFA, they handed out a ?500 fine to the Utd keeper, Celtic fans would be up in arms had Boruc got more.

Although Boruc having previous probably blows that argument out of the water.

alwaysthereinspirit

It's not the size of the fine that amazes people. It's the fact the GFA spokesman thinks this will make him "think about his future conduct"

The man is a pure tool. He's been pulled up before for basically the exact same thing. Rules for some and rules for them.

I'm sorry, but I don't see why he should have been fined at all. Through out the game, he'll have been subject to all sorts of abuse probably, he hits back with a one fingered salute and gets fined? If thats the case, the majority of the crowds at every stadium should be fined.

Yes probably on alot of money and is in the public eye, however why should be have to restrain himself from giving the finger, when the crowd don't restrain themselves from (probably) insulting him, his family, his nationality and his religion?

Don't dish it out if you're not willing to recieve it.

I'm sorry, but I don't see why he should have been fined at all. Through out the game, he'll have been subject to all sorts of abuse probably, he hits back with a one fingered salute and gets fined? If thats the case, the majority of the crowds at every stadium should be fined.

Yes probably on alot of money and is in the public eye, however why should be have to restrain himself from giving the finger, when the crowd don't restrain themselves from (probably) insulting him, his family, his nationality and his religion?

Eeeehhhhhh........ No.

Eeeehhhhhh........ No.

Great contribution. Glad to you're willing to atleast willing to try and put your points across like an adult.

Doctor FinnBarr

Sat in the pub last night listening to the "worlds greatest fans" complaining about the injustice of it all and how AB had every right to do it.

Wake up this morning and the same mob are reported to be sending death threats to David Healy because he mentioned his goal "famine" was over!

Greatest fans right enough.

:eek:

Why did the Rangers official step down from the committee? I am sure he would be above reproach like the weegie refs who officiate in games involving the OF.

Rubbish - the reason that Boruc get's it tight at EVERY stadium in Scotland is that he is total a wind up merchant!

The biggest joke about the Boruc situation is that he does the same antics at every other ground but nothing is ever made about it.

If the SFA want to do something about it, then why not ban him for a couple of matches? The ?500 fine is laughable.

The SFA are quick to ban managers for speaking out against the useless standard of referees (and they've done it to Romanov many times) but they don't want to do something about a guy who is a complete wind up merchant. I would say it's double standards but then again that's the SFA for you.

I can just imagine if someone like Miko had done even half as much as Boruc has done.

Great contribution. Glad to you're willing to atleast willing to try and put your points across like an adult.

If you think that footballers on the pitch and fans on the terrace must share the same code of conduct, then thats the only reponse you deserve really.

Nonsense.

Boruc is in the public eye. Boruc is a "role-model" to many young kids out there.

I'm not.

My conduct is therefore not as influencial as his.

If you think that footballers on the pitch and fans on the terrace must share the same code of conduct, then thats the only reponse you deserve really.

Nonsense.

Boruc is in the public eye. Boruc is a "role-model" to many young kids out there.

I'm not.

My conduct is therefore not as influencial as his.

And the parents who give similar gestures, are they not role-models to their children?

Why did the Rangers official step down from the committee? I am sure he would be above reproach like the weegie refs who officiate in games involving the OF.

Off topic - but I recall Campbell Ogilvie speaking about that at a fans meeting.

He briefly recounted his days at Ibrox ( while nutters like Ricksen were there ) and said he had been 'obliged' to leave the room at least 4 times whilst his own players were up before the panel

..............."AND IT WAS BARELY THE END OF AUGUST" :rolleyes:

The man is a clown and should act like a proffessional who is paid big money and ignore jibes etc. His actions would have far more consequencies than idiots on the terrace giving him abuse.You obviously don't see this point.

The fine is laughable, especiaiily given he has a history of it. He has done it several times against Rangers, including the t-shirt. He has hgestured to Hearts fans, I saw him make a disgusting gesture to a wee girl once, and he has done it against Hibs too, I think.

The fact he has been fined, what to us is about ?5.00, with no suspension is disgraceful but it does not surprise me.

It is not all his fault though, given his manager smuggly laughs it off and thinks it is OK.

Boruc spent less than hour before the committee, which was chaired by Keith secretary Sandy Stables. Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston, Hamilton secretary Scott Struthers and Fraserburgh?s[/color'] Finlay Noble also sat on the committee.

Says it all about Scottish Football really!!

coatbridgejambo

footballers get abuse from fans all the time.their sapose to be profecianal & deal with itBuroc is just a fat n.o.b:mad:

footballers get abuse from fans all the time.their sapose to be profecianal & deal with itBuroc is just a fat n.o.b:mad:

So because they get it all the time it's ok?

Using that logic (all be it in more extreme cases):

When a person gets beaten up because of their race, is that ok because it happens all the time?

When someone gets stabbed, is that ok because it happens all the time?

When someone gets pursecuted because of their religious beliefs, is that ok because it happens all the time?

I assume ( and hope) you said no it's not ok to most of the above, so why is it ok to consistantly harrass players on(and off) the pitch?

P.S My comments aren't aimed at this specific incidident, but rather football in general.

So because they get it all the time it's ok?

Using that logic (all be it in more extreme cases):

When a person gets beaten up because of their race, is that ok because it happens all the time?

When someone gets stabbed, is that ok because it happens all the time?

When someone gets pursecuted because of their religious beliefs, is that ok because it happens all the time?

I assume ( and hope) you said no it's not ok to most of the above, so why is it ok to consistantly harrass players on(and off) the pitch?

P.S My comments aren't aimed at this specific incidident, but rather football in general.

You're obviously a dhim sympathiser so there's really no point in debating anything with you. The comparisons you gave above are farcical in the extreme and don't warrant comment.

Boruc is a class A ****.

Jesus H Christ, the swear filter is a total joke!!

You're obviously a dhim sympathiser so there's really no point in debating anything with you. The comparisons you gave above are farcical in the extreme and don't warrant comment.

Boruc is a class A ****.

Jesus H Christ, the swear filter is a total joke!!

So because I feel that it's not ok to insult someone, but not ok when they retaliate, I'm obviously a sympathiser... makes perfect sense.

So because I feel that it's not ok to insult someone, but not ok when they retaliate, I'm obviously a sympathiser... makes perfect sense.

Where in your post does it state that you think it's NOT ok for Boruc to give the one finger salute? Or am I reading your drivel wrong?

Hope that makes perfect sense for you Artur.

A hibbie posting on a Hearts board about a celtic keeper. Why?

Yes you are a total joke - trot off back to hibs net hibs bam

John..... you missed the FULL STOP. FACT. ETC ETC ETC ;)

Where in your post does it state that you think it's NOT ok for Boruc to give the one finger salute? Or am I reading your drivel wrong?

Hope that makes perfect sense for you Artur.

Sorry, don't know what happened but I completely mistyped that.

It was meant to read:

So because I don't feel it's ok to insult a player, but it's not ok when they relaliate, I'm a sympathiser?

It was meant to read:

So because I don't feel it's ok to insult a player, but it's not ok when they relaliate, I'm a sympathiser?

Sympathiser

gtf

It was meant to read:

FFS, again, where in your post does it state that you think it's NOT ok for Boruc to give the one finger salute? Or am I reading your drivel wrong?

Is English your first language?

I'd say the fine was commensurate with the severity of the offence. On the other hand if the SFA had been serious about punishing him, then he'd have picked up a ban.

No really worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist over.

I'd say the fine was commensurate with the severity of the offence. On the other hand if the SFA had been serious about punishing him, then he'd have picked up a ban.

No really worth anyone getting their knickers in a twist over.

I like winding up fans but to be fined 500 nicker is laughable...

you checked the bus times

here's ur bus

GTF

I like winding up fans but to be fined 500 nicker is laughable...

you checked the bus times

here's ur bus

GTF

You've lost me there?

the guys supposed to be a role model too people and he does that what does that tell a 3 year old too do? stick his/her middle finger up at them.

the guys a disgrace a casual in his homeland for wisla he needs too get a grip of his life and change his sexuality from being gay to straight again after he could be a hobo:107years:

And the parents who give similar gestures, are they not role-models to their children?

take the hint , they get paid to play football it's there life , they get paid too entertain not to wind up fans FANS ARE THERE FOR SUPPORT supporters are there for the team as a whole.

Boruc is a one man army it's only him who has shone under the public eye in the weeg, the guys a disgrace , yet cheltic fans moan about ?500 quid fine fair enough thats more thant there giros but we can't help that.

ROLE MODEL MY ARS?

You've lost me there?

My point is...

He was in a position of 'trust', paid a lot of money.

His action should be scrutinised, and rightly so, If fans (me) can be taken to court for offenses that I feel are of a lesser extent.

There is no way, a fan, like myself can create a riot like the Fat Pole, with gestures.

So.. do my actions create a worse breach of the peace than the fat pole or not?

GTF

My point is...

He was in a position of 'trust', paid a lot of money.

His action should be scrutinised, and rightly so, If fans (me) can be taken to court for offenses that I feel are of a lesser extent.

There is no way, a fan, like myself can create a riot like the Fat Pole, with gestures.

So.. do my actions create a worse breach of the peace than the fat pole or not?

GTF

Well I hadn't read through the whole thread for you other comments, so at least I now see what you're referring to.

Without knowing the ins and outs of your case, I would say it sounds like you were treated very harshly if you were fined a week's wages for giving someone the finger. What that doesn't do is change my opinion on the severity of Boruc's offence, in that I think it is small beer in the scheme of things. I don't think it could 'cause a riot', maybe annoy a few folk but given most of them will have been screaming abuse at him all game I'm no going to think anything other than they'd be hypocrites to get too worked up about it.

I think fines are a waste of time for footballers to be honest and punishment should be based on something that will affect him, i.e. a ban. These should be cumulative as well. 1st tim - 1 game, 2nd time 2 games etc. a Fine doesn't hurt him but to fine anyone more than ?500 for a gesture would be wrong imo. Ypu don't get sliding scales for, say, parking tickets based on ability to pay ( I could be wrong on that).

Archived