Beckham to AC Milan on loan(merged threads)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankenstein Jambo.

What a fecking CV that man has. 100 england caps, Man U, Real Madrid and now AC Milian. Champions league, Seria A, Premier league and countless FA cup wins. He wasn't even that good!

He'll be great in that league as it's played at walking pace.

Always thought that should have been the move for him after Man United.

Will make good use of his ability in Italy.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
The man has still got it, I expect him to do well.

His legs have gone. Now way is he currently better than Pirlo and Gattuso in midfield. He'll be a pit part player at best. He's even slower than Paul Hartley nowadays ;)

He'll not even get to take free kicks at AC Milan, now that Ronaldinho has recovered his sparkle.

No point in Milan signing him IMO, although a great move for him.

Frankenstein Jambo.
His 'stick insect' of a wife will be orgasmic, going to Milan, another money making exercise. :(

Trying to tell me you wouldn't like give her a shot like? ;)

He'll do a job for them. He's a trier, 100% commited footballer yet people still choose to slag him off.

Frankenstein Jambo.
correct, how can a less than adverage player move from man u via real & now milan.

one word.

luck.

juve.

Just the money they rake in from sponserships, shirt sales, packed stadiums ect...

Frankenstein Jambo.
He'll do a job for them. He's a trier, 100% commited footballer yet people still choose to slag him off.

Good passer and free kick taker thats about it.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

She's a Pez Stick with legs

I wouldnt do her with somebody elses

could not agree more. throw in an amazing right foot.

perhaps our own larry kingston should take notes.

stirlingshirejambo

got a lot of time for him to be honest.

Made the best of what he had both in terms of his football ability and marketing image

What a fecking CV that man has. 100 england caps, Man U, Real Madrid and now AC Milian. Champions league, Seria A, Premier league and countless FA cup wins. He wasn't even that good!

you couldn't be more wrong. he's a highly talented & dedicated individual who is a credit to the game, if you can rise above the celebrity aspect.

correct, how can a less than adverage player move from man u via real & now milan.

one word.

luck.

juve.

Hmm...you don't know much about football, do you?

Juve? A lot of their Scudetto's weren't down to luck though. More to do with the brown envelopes and sundry other bungs.

Beckham is highly undervalued as a football player. Everyone sees the marketing image and the way his celebrity life is portrayed. Alex Ferguson doesn't play bad footballers for the amount of time he played beckham. He pretty much single handley won Real the league. He makes England tick. He has lost a bit of his pace but his brain is quicker than most and his crossing alone means he can create goals every game. 100% every game, well spoken and passionate.

Frankenstein Jambo.
you couldn't be more wrong. he's a highly talented & dedicated individual who is a credit to the game, if you can rise above the celebrity aspect.

The guy had no pace, no skill and no natural talent what so ever. He became a huge footballer due to his marketing brain and a pretty good right foot. Thats about it.

He raked in tones of money for the clubs he played for therefor they played him.

Frankenstein Jambo.
Beckham is highly undervalued as a football player. Everyone sees the marketing image and the way his celebrity life is portrayed. Alex Ferguson doesn't play bad footballers for the amount of time he played beckham. He pretty much single handley won Real the league. He makes England tick. He has lost a bit of his pace but his brain is quicker than most and his crossing alone means he can create goals every game. 100% every game, well spoken and passionate.

As if fergie had a choice. He played him because of the money he raked in for Man u.

The guy had no pace, no skill and no natural talent what so ever. He became a huge footballer due to his marketing brain and a pretty good right foot. Thats about it.

He raked in tones of money for the clubs he played for therefor they played him.

congratulations. you've just proved beyond all reasonable doubt that you don't have a scooby what you're talking about.

:bravo:

:eek:

Apart from the bit in bold i agree

one word.

luck.

juve.

You really are a tube.

Frankenstein Jambo.
congratulations. you've just proved beyond all reasonable doubt that you don't have a scooby what you're talking about.

:bravo:

Yes, of course, I forgot people aren't allowed to have there own opinions on this board.

Yes, of course, I forgot people aren't allowed to have there own opinions on this board.

you can have as many as you want, matey. you're just completely wrong in this instance.

Sorry but you are wrong about Beckham, one of the best players of this generation.

How could any footballer play for Manchester United, Real Madrid, LA galaxy and now AC Milan and be rubbish?

Mental

Frankenstein Jambo.
Sorry but you are wrong about Beckham, one of the best players of this generation.

How could any footballer play for Manchester United, Real Madrid, LA galaxy and now AC Milan and be rubbish?

Mental

Because of the money he brings to the clubs.

Unbelievable the stick Beckham takes

Anyone doubting his ability, just needs to watch that England Greece game again. One of the best individual performances in recent times...was sickening to watch :(

People hate him because of his lifestyle and wife. He gets slated, but even when playing poorly he is an attribute due to his dead ball and crossing

jamboinglasgow
Because of the money he brings to the clubs.

yes but how did start this abilty to make soo much money for clubs? Because he is a talented footballer. His crossing abilty is one of the best in the world. He scores free kicks for fun. Creates good runs down the wing. You dont get over 100 caps for England just because you are famous. The man I find always comes over as a passionate and friendly man who loves his family and his football. He is also cares alot about getting youngsters into the game, hence why he set up two football academies (one in the US, the other in England.)

I dont think he will be a manager when he retires but can see him being an important figure for English football.

THough I think people would like him more if it wasn't for his wife.

Whilst I agree he was overrated in so far his overall footballing ability was greatly exaggerated, there’s no denying the boy can pass a ball. And I think he'll do well in Italy for this very reason. Carlos Valderrama wasn't a great footballer in the general sense, but he could pass a ball through the eye of a needle. Just used to sit in the midfield and spray the ball about creating many chances for his team-mates and Beckham too has this ability.

Afterall, a ball travels faster than a man can.

Overrated footballer and his only skill is passing the ball:eek::eek::eek:

FFS In my eyes that's the first skill you need!

As if fergie had a choice. He played him because of the money he raked in for Man u.

Yeah your right, Fergie is a puppet. I suggest you get off the smack. Either that or your on the windup.

Beckham back in his Man U days was outstanding. 'Youtube' some of his best moments then come back and tell me that only played because he made clubs money. LA Galaxy aside, the man brought a lot onto the pitch. Passion, passing and dead ball accuracy. Just because he didnt dance down the wing time after time he's average? Id take a team of Beckhams at Hearts (except the keeper).

His passing is incredible and his shooting and free kicks have to be seen to be believed. Id suggest that judging by the responses youve had so far to your comments that you are completely wrong and dont have a scoobie doo when it comes to judging talent.

Overrated footballer and his only skill is passing the ball:eek::eek::eek:

FFS In my eyes that's the first skill you need!

No really. Passing is a pretty useless skill for a goalie if his agility and reflexes are poor. Then you have a defender that would be useless if his tackling and positional skills were poor and a striker…

My point was, he was made out to be the complete footballer when that's obviously not the case thus he was overrated to an extent.

ZZ for example could pass, create, dribble, and head a ball. See the diffrence?

this_is_my_story
Whilst I agree he was overrated in so far his overall footballing ability was greatly exaggerated, there?s no denying the boy can pass a ball. And I think he'll do well in Italy for this very reason. Carlos Valderrama wasn't a great footballer in the general sense, but he could pass a ball through the eye of a needle. Just used to sit in the midfield and spray the ball about creating many chances for his team-mates and Beckham too has this ability.

Afterall, a ball travels faster than a man can.

Agree with every word there. Quite how some people can slate him to the extent that they do is beyond me, he's quite simply one of the best strikers of a ball I've ever seen.

An obviously hypothetical question, but who here wouldn't take him at Hearts, and why?

As George Best said of Beckham "can't dribble, can't tackle, can't head the ball and no left foot, apart from that he's a pretty good player"

Good player, but I do feel he is overrated by the English media.

I'd seriously doubt that, at his peak, any team in the world would turn him down.

Beckham is under-rated, if anything, because of the celebrity aspect.

His own doing in a way.

He's become a brand more than a player now.

Art Vanderlay
His 'stick insect' of a wife will be orgasmic, going to Milan, another money making exercise. :(

She missed a trick - could have had umbro or mitre sponsor the size 4 footballs she has stapled to her chest.

Beckhams an awesome footballer

He'll do well in Italy with Milan

Deserves it from what he has brought to football, good luck to him

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Just a slight over exaggeration. He was a very good footballer, but awesome is just stupidly over the top.

Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Zidane were all awesome footballers, Beckham isn't and wasn't in their league.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What has he brought to football?

Sarongs, chest waxing and WAGs?

Sir Alex Ferguson should have got another knight hood for belting him in the coupon with one of his predators.

Just a slight over exaggeration. He was a very good footballer, but awesome is just stupidly over the top.

Cruyff, Maradona, Ronaldo, Zidane were all awesome footballers, Beckham isn't and wasn't in their league.

And you could argue putting Cruyff, Zidane and Ronaldo in the same bracket as Maradona is over the top too.

Maradona was, well, Maradona ffs.

The guy single handedly ripped Italian football a new ersehole

Archived