Is kingston crap or is it just bad form.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I havn't seen anything from him to justify a starting place. I think he's lazy, slow and not as good a people think he is. On the rare occasion i have seen him deliver nice touches and peices of skill but that isn't very often. Just not good enough in my opinion.

Tom.

Forever Maroon
I havn't seen anything from him to justify a starting place. I think he's lazy, slow and not as good a people think he is. On the rare occasion i have seen him deliver nice touches and peices of skill but that isn't very often. Just not good enough in my opinion.

Tom.

the guy is the team circus act ? bags of skill & tricks but rarely any end product?..on top of this he doesn't show enough effort for the team.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I think we should ofload him for as much as possible in january and bring in a new striker.

boabyarsebiscuit

Kingston's a good player but he seems to have lost interest at Hearts. I'd be hopeful his agent would have a word with him with a view to bucking up his performances in the lead up to the transfer window opening, as I'd imagine Kingston would be one player Mr Romanov would hope to move on for a fee in January. But if Laryea Kingston continues to play badly it won't exactly enhance his transfer value.

I doubt we'll see any more good performances like when he first joined. When some people on here were moved to declare that Laryea was "World class".

rudi must stay

Tom.

he was good enough when he came though wasn't he.. Nah Kingston just doesn't care, probably because of the stupid wages that he's on

One of the most overrated player ever to play for Hearts! There seems to be this myth that he's a world class player who should be playing in the Premiership. He's pish! How many goals did he score last season? How many assists? Unbeleeeeevably average. Just because he swaggers about and does a flick here and there folk think he's amazing!

Hartley may not be able to do as many stepovers but his contribution the the team was 100 x what Kingston's is.

He is not crap, just going through a bad patch it seems,

Although i can recall last season where our team was lost at certain points, the only one that seemed to give us a bit of hope and cheer was kingstons performances.

Lets help him through these tough times and get right behind him!

I think he has been an appalling signing. All the signs were there after the try before you buy spell. Indisciplined, fond of spending time not playing etc. But the lessons were not learned by Hearts and they signed him.

He has contributed some good free kicks, the odd good pass and goal but not enough to offset the financial outlay (how much of that unexplained ?3-4m 'player registrations' was for Kingston? plus wages) nor the effect of having someone so disinterested in the team's success playing for us.

I think that it is unlikely that a team will want to take him on unless they like Hearts buy on the basis of DVDs shown to an owner by a favoured agent. I think that we are stuck with him contributing for 5 minutes per game.

rudi must stay
I think he has been an appalling signing. All the signs were there after the try before you buy spell. Indisciplined, fond of spending time not playing etc. But the lessons were not learned by Hearts and they signed him.

He has contributed some good free kicks, the odd good pass and goal but not enough to offset the financial outlay (how much of that unexplained ?3-4m 'player registrations' was for Kingston? plus wages) nor the effect of having someone so disinterested in the team's success playing for us.

I think that it is unlikely that a team will want to take him on unless they like Hearts buy on the basis of DVDs shown to an owner by a favoured agent. I think that we are stuck with him contributing for 5 minutes per game.

indisciplined? He got sent off once, and there was nothing wrong with that either as it showed that he cared. There were also no signs that he was going to be lazy. If we hadn't signed him i would have been gutted as would most hearts fans, as in that loan spell he didn't have a bad game, infact he was MOTM in most of them. i agree though, all in all he has been a bad signing, appalling though is stretching it IMO

indisciplined? He got sent off once, and there was nothing wrong with that either as it showed that he cared. There were also no signs that he was going to be lazy. If we hadn't signed him i would have been gutted as would most hearts fans, as in that loan spell he didn't have a bad game, infact he was MOTM in most of them. i agree though, all in all he has been a bad signing, appalling though is stretching it IMO

He was sent off and banned for many games for apparently making allegations of racism against a referee.:eek:

And I think you will find that some :rolleyes: spotted the laziness in his game during the loan spell.

Guest jambomickey
the guy is the team circus act ? bags of skill & tricks but rarely any end product?..on top of this he doesn't show enough effort for the team.

agree with that!

rudi must stay
He was sent off and banned for many games for apparently making allegations of racism against a referee.:eek:

And I think you will find that some :rolleyes: spotted the laziness in his game during the loan spell.

when he was running the show against Rangers at Ibrox or getting us a penalty at Parkhead? Face it mate, he was superb for us. Everyone wanted him to sign

when he was running the show against Rangers at Ibrox or getting us a penalty at Parkhead? Face it mate, he was superb for us. Everyone wanted him to sign

Not me. Would have much preferred to see Brellier re-sign.

lazy and overrated! has done little since he returned injured from the African nations, for 15 grand a week he should be performing a lot better than what we've seen so far this season. Bruno has contributed more in 1 game than what Larry has done all season! he needs to be "rested" for a good few weeks

if Bruno and Driver continue with the form they showed on Sunday then i can see Larry be moved on to the highest or maybe 1st bidder in January, in his present form he wouldn't be much of a loss

He confuses me.

He IS talented and can do it but the wee lying down thing faking injury week in week out started to get to me and I think maybe the right back position looks exposed sometimes due to his lack of backtracking.

I think in most people consciousness it will be the chest pumping badge kissing antics that annoy them when you can see he is not actually bustin a gut for HMFC. But he is not crap.

Appaling when you take into account the money he's paid, and the fact he can't even score an open goal.

A marginally better signing than our record signing :rolleyes:

For a start, he has been played out of position !!. Kingston's favoured position is CM, hence the reason he drifts in and out of games. Look at Steven Gerrard...im not comparing kingston to gerrard as they are not in the same class but even Gerrard looked an average player when he was played on the right side of midfield for Liverpool, CM's are CM's and larry and Hearts are suffering big time due to him being pushed out wide.

He is a really good player but he doesn't have the motivation that he should. If he had the motivation, the simple fact is that he would be at a better club than Hearts. You only have to look at his clubs to see that something isn't right.

If we had other intelligent and skillful players around him, he would be a different player but I think when he sees the likes of Mole and Audrey, he gives up. Also I don't think playing him on the wing helps because it allows him to be lazy. He was at his best when he first arrived playing in the middle where he was constantly involved.

I have no idea why we play him on the wing considering he doesn't have pace, his crossing is average and even if he got it into the box, we have no one to aim for.

Appaling when you take into account the money he's paid, and the fact he can't even score an open goal.

A marginally better signing than our record signing :rolleyes:

Total nonsense. You cannot even begin to compare Kingston to Beslija.

If you want to slag off players in our current squad for the money they get, you should aim it at Nade. We've barely had 90 minutes from him, he's a striker and can't score, his fitness is a disgrace and he even admitted he gained weight to try and leave the club.

If you want to slag off players in our current squad for the money they get, you should aim it at Nade. We've barely had 90 minutes from him, he's a striker and can't score, his fitness is a disgrace and he even admitted he gained weight to try and leave the club.

I guess, to his relative credit, Kingston has only had a couple of periods of wage thiefery compared to the likes of Besijla's 3 years!

lazy and overrated! has done little since he returned injured from the African nations, for 15 grand a week he should be performing a lot better than what we've seen so far this season. Bruno has contributed more in 1 game than what Larry has done all season! he needs to be "rested" for a good few weeks

if Bruno and Driver continue with the form they showed on Sunday then i can see Larry be moved on to the highest or maybe 1st bidder in January, in his present form he wouldn't be much of a loss

Dont get me wrong but I think he's lazy as well and only really shows it when he can be bothered, but could playing for Ghana be the cause of the poor showings? He played in the African Nations at the start of the year, came back, played out our league games, then he was off on World Cup Qualifiers in the summer and came back to go striaght into the league again. Is there the chance that he's just running on empty after all the games and travelling?

I remember when we first got Velicka from Kaunas and he looked pretty poor but he'd just finished a complete season in Lithuania and then was thrown striaght into the SPL. Turned out to be a no bad striker after a wee summer break and a sensible pre season

As I say Larry "must try harder", but he's mibbe just jiggered

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Kingston is a quality player and will come good again when he gets the likes of Bruno playing well in the team.

Larry has mainly been the only player that can make things happen for us at the business end of the pitch.

Opposition team talks have been easy so far this season.

"Get tight on kingston and you stop Hearts playing".

The space Bruno was given against the Hob's in the first half was a classic example of this,Larry had no space at all,while Bruno had the freedom of the park and took full advantage of it.

With Driver firing on all cylinders and Bruno coming back i hope we can now start to give the opposition something else to think about instead of just stopping Larry.

Dont get me wrong but I think he's lazy as well and only really shows it when he can be bothered, but could playing for Ghana be the cause of the poor showings? He played in the African Nations at the start of the year, came back, played out our league games, then he was off on World Cup Qualifiers in the summer and came back to go striaght into the league again. Is there the chance that he's just running on empty after all the games and travelling?

I remember when we first got Velicka from Kaunas and he looked pretty poor but he'd just finished a complete season in Lithuania and then was thrown striaght into the SPL. Turned out to be a no bad striker after a wee summer break and a sensible pre season

As I say Larry "must try harder", but he's mibbe just jiggered

He had 2 months off from Hearts games prior to the ANC

Lazy is the word I'd use to describe him at the moment.

He was outstanding against Hull and then if memory serves was taken of at half time in the first 2 league games.

Some of his one touch stuff was better against Hibs, but he constantly over-complicates things and never tracks back.

Miko used to get slaughtered on here for not tracking back but now he does. While technically Miko is nowhere near Larry, he's far more of a team player than Kinston ever looks like being at the moment.

For a start, he has been played out of position !!. Kingston's favoured position is CM, hence the reason he drifts in and out of games. Look at Steven Gerrard...im not comparing kingston to gerrard as they are not in the same class but even Gerrard looked an average player when he was played on the right side of midfield for Liverpool, CM's are CM's and larry and Hearts are suffering big time due to him being pushed out wide.

Larry is definitely not good enough to play in the centre, it may be his favoured position but his work rate and attitude are poor and until that improves there is no way he should be given a chance in there, imo he's lucky to be in the team at the moment never mind being played in his favoured position

Why? Both cost alot. Both massively overrated. Both represent a horrendous waste of money for a club already in financial difficulties. Unless Kingston is sold on at a net profit (which i doubt) then he will also be a failure. God knows how much he's cost us already, millions probably.

He's played a lot more games but actually contributed roughly as much as Beslija did. F*k all. He can f*k off back to Chechnya or where ever it was he came from. Pretty obvious now that while you can be a star in some war torn disaster area he is just an average SPL player.

in bad form / frame of mind. we've seen what he can do and you don't become a bad player overnight.

there's no reason why he can't produce again.

He is far from over-rated.

Watch him play for Ghana and see just how good he can be when he tries!

He is a lazy bugger and needs a rocket up him.

He is far from over-rated.

Watch him play for Ghana and see just how good he can be when he tries!

He is a lazy bugger and needs a rocket up him.

He can look good when he has Essien playing beside him doing the work of 2 players? :rolleyes:

Is he crap or is it just bad form?

Neither. Against Kilmarnock, he was the best player on the pitch. Against Hibs, he played very well for the first half, before fading out of it in the second; overall, he had a good game. He missed an absolute sitter, but as the highlights on the BBC confirm, he was involved most of the chances we created.

I find myself defending Kingston time and time again, but it seems that the groundswell of opinion against him has turned into something of a juggernaut. The only reason I can see is the perceived wisdom as to how much money he is on. We have numerous players in the squad who contribute far, far less than him (and probably on a ?-for-? basis), yet some of them appear to have turned into superstars in the eyes of many Hearts fans.

Good player but lazy sod.No one would buy him on recent performances.Being dropped to the bench might gaive him a kick up the back side!

Yes, I agree he could try harder. If we had Boyd (:eek: ) up front receiving the passes that Kingston puts through each game - just one or two - we'd win every game and we would be applauding two players that swagger about and do what they need to do. Thing is, he'd get 'hooked' on the fans adulation, he'd start running around frantically passing to Boyd and trying to score himself just to feel the buzz.;)

There, problem solved, get a goalscorer on the pitch for him to feed off :P

Good player but lazy sod.No one would buy him on recent performances.Being dropped to the bench might gaive him a kick up the back side!

He is not going to change his style of play, I quite like it.

Csaba must be happy with him or he would not play. :)

He is not going through a bad patch nor is he crap.

He set up a chance for Berra and a couple for Nade, his only bad bit of play was his miss.

Guest jambomickey

He set up a chance for Berra and a couple for Nade, his only bad bit of play was his miss.

he's far too lazy! he'd be a better cheer leader because he spends more time pumping his chest waving his arms to the fans etc.

Larry is definitely not good enough to play in the centre, it may be his favoured position but his work rate and attitude are poor and until that improves there is no way he should be given a chance in there, imo he's lucky to be in the team at the moment never mind being played in his favoured position

disagree i think it is not so muich that he isnt good enough to play in cm, its just the way ithe team is set up he dosnt have a place there, karipidis covering the defence and stewart moving the ball forward. i dont think larry would do well next to kari and i wouldnt drop stewart

Do you really think that he is playing well and has made regular positive contributions this season? I actually thought he was OK on Sunday and linked up well with Bruno on occasions. But he has been honking most of the season and for 15k a week I expect more than OK. Has talent but has looked lazy and uninterested for the best part of a year now.

kingston is a good player but recently he has been lazy and hasnt contributed enough to the team. Better centre-mid than winger but would play bruno and mikey ahead of him any day.

Why? Both cost alot. Both massively overrated. Both represent a horrendous waste of money for a club already in financial difficulties. Unless Kingston is sold on at a net profit (which i doubt) then he will also be a failure. God knows how much he's cost us already, millions probably.

He's played a lot more games but actually contributed roughly as much as Beslija did. F*k all. He can f*k off back to Chechnya or where ever it was he came from. Pretty obvious now that while you can be a star in some war torn disaster area he is just an average SPL player.

Kingston hasn't done as much as he could have done, no doubt about that. But at least he's earned his money by at least playing matches, Beslija just sat on the sidelines and complained about his broken finger nail or whatever pathetic excuse he had. The other difference is Kingston has talent, Beslija didn't.

Kingston has scored a few goals for us, he had a couple of stand out performances in Glasgow when he first arrived and has suffered at the lack of quality around him. There's no way he is an average SPL player and I'm sure if you asked every single SPL manager what Hearts player would they take, the vast majority would say Kingston.

I'm really not sure what people expect from a guy who is playing on the right wing. How many players in the world influence the game from the wing? Put him in the middle and then you can judge him better.

Kingston hasn't done as much as he could have done, no doubt about that. But at least he's earned his money by at least playing matches, Beslija just sat on the sidelines and complained about his broken finger nail or whatever pathetic excuse he had. The other difference is Kingston has talent, Beslija didn't.

Kingston has scored a few goals for us, he had a couple of stand out performances in Glasgow when he first arrived and has suffered at the lack of quality around him. There's no way he is an average SPL player and I'm sure if you asked every single SPL manager what Hearts player would they take, the vast majority would say Kingston.

That's because the rest of the players are pish. I'm sure if you asked other SPL managers to sign him and pay his wages nobody would want him.

I'm really not sure what people expect from a guy who is playing on the right wing. How many players in the world influence the game from the wing? Put him in the middle and then you can judge him better.

You can't think of any players who have influenced the game from the right wing? Are you being serious?? Eh na can't think of any.... oh no wait... Beckham, Figo, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Walcott, and some others have all done ok on the right wing from time to time :rolleyes: I'm sure there are probably more. I was sure we had people on here telling us he was outshining Michael Essien for Ghana on the right wing and that was his best position! That was when he was considered world class :laugh:

I think he's a decent player just nowhere near as good most people want him to be. People compare him to Latapy infact he isn't fit to lace Latapy's boots and he's old enough to be his dad!

I genuinely dont think hes lazy and if you look back at Sundays game, crossed for Berra, passed for Wallace to be brought down and his link up play was very good.

I honestly think some fans are not happy unless players are rattling into challenges, Scotttish football mentality Im afraid.

He also plays with a smile on his face all the time...some people cant accept that in our current situation.

Very good player who I think has suffered, like others, due to the shenanigans at Tynecastle.

The people that say he doesnt try cos of his wages....get a grip please.

Oh and it doesnt help when the players around him havent been performing either, one man does not make a team.

Time for kingston to start earning his wage!!

He seems to play for his country well, but when it comes to his club he's pish.. He dosent look intrested anymore and very lazy.. If he gave 110% every weekend he could be a top class player for us, cant see it hapning any time soon though.. I think he should be dropped for palazulous(sp)..

Guest jambomickey
I genuinely dont think hes lazy and if you look back at Sundays game, crossed for Berra, passed for Wallace to be brought down and his link up play was very good.

I honestly think some fans are not happy unless players are rattling into challenges, Scotttish football mentality Im afraid.

He also plays with a smile on his face all the time...some people cant accept that in our current situation.

Very good player who I think has suffered, like others, due to the shenanigans at Tynecastle.

The people that say he doesnt try cos of his wages....get a grip please.

were you at sundays game? his marking duties were marking the grass

Archived