Is kingston crap or is it just bad form.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Do you really think that he is playing well and has made regular positive contributions this season? I actually thought he was OK on Sunday and linked up well with Bruno on occasions. But he has been honking most of the season and for 15k a week I expect more than OK. Has talent but has looked lazy and uninterested for the best part of a year now.

The players, as individuals and as a team, have started off slowly but I think they will continue to improve. I think the players are good and we will get better as the season progresses.

I expect the players will continue to be ridiculed by the JKB experts for a while yet.

Shoot him, he slipped a few times!!!

Ok his defending could be better but hardly a reason to say hes crap, overrated etc IMO.

I personally think alot of players this season will have up and down performances.

Shoot him, he slipped a few times!!!

Ok his defending could be better but hardly a reason to say hes crap, overrated etc IMO.

I personally think alot of players this season will have up and down performances.

If we could only sign some perfect players. :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey

perfect players? the very least we expect is 100% effort, kingston is a cheer leader! he spends too much time pumping his chest and waving his hands to the crowd

Correct, I sometimes think people forget are watching Hearts in the Scottish Premier League and not Real Madrid...

perfect players? the very least we expect is 100% effort, kingston is a cheer leader! he spends too much time pumping his chest and waving his hands to the crowd

that gets on my goat, his energy would be better spent working during the game rather than playing to the crowd.

his performances are just not good enough and are nowhere near the standard they where when he first arrived at the club, this is not good enough for the wages he's paid.

jambos are go!

Kingston needs to contribute more but some of the criticism is OTT. He has been tracking back in recent weeks and his performance on Sunday was fine IMO.

Correct, I sometimes think people forget are watching Hearts in the Scottish Premier League and not Real Madrid...

I blame tv. We get used to watching Champions League and Premiership and some fans expectations are just a bit too high.

He was a class act when he first came to the club, so you would presume that it's an attitude problem or simple a bad run of form. You dont become a bad player overnight.

On Sunday he was not performing but was kept on the park, on previous weeks he has been doing better in games and has been taken off.

I am surprised to see this thread arise just now. While I am not his greatest fan, my concern being his lack of application and contribution, his performance on Sunday, other than the first 20 falling on his butt, was excellent. Even though he had a bad start he got stuck in and didn't hide. Maybe he's coming alive. Maybe playing alongside Bruno is the motivation he needs.

World Class. ;)

If he wanted to be. But he can't be bothered. Unless he plays for Ghana.

Clear now why he has never made it to a bigger league. He can't be bothered.

Waste. But still could come good for us again. I don't expect it though.

bilston angel

If Csaba is a good manager he should be able to get the best out of Kingston because there is no doubt he is the most talented player at Tynecastle. This is not happening although in spells on Sunday he showed how skilful he is, he needs a kick up the backside or some other motivational tool from the manager! Its frustrating because he has done it for us in the past.

There again Csaba maybe under instruction to play him every game for the shop window and he's playing under sufferance, and just going through the motions who knows. Either way its an unsatifactory situation at the moment, get him playing again to his full potential Hearts need him!

I havn't seen anything from him to justify a starting place. I think he's lazy, slow and not as good a people think he is. On the rare occasion i have seen him deliver nice touches and peices of skill but that isn't very often. Just not good enough in my opinion.

Tom.

Well, shows how little you know/understand about football. LK is the best player on our books and even a % of his ability is worth watching. It really is tedious reading this crap and hearing it at the match.

When are you guys going to understand that class players are very hard to come by in the SPL and we happen to be very lucky to have one.

He WILL leave and ehrn many more (more intelligent) Hearts fans will bemoan his absence.

He can look good when he has Essien playing beside him doing the work of 2 players? :rolleyes:

Like I said.....watch a Ghana match.

Then you'll know just how good Larry can be when he tries.

He is a lynchpin of the Ghana team.

Like I said.....watch a Ghana match.

Then you'll know just how good Larry can be when he tries.

He is a lynchpin of the Ghana team.

I have absolutely no interest in watching Ghana play I'm afraid.

But I would suspect that the true lynchpin of the Ghana side is Michael Essien, a truly world class player and one whose hard work would make others look good.

Snake Plissken
Is he crap or is it just bad form?

Neither. Against Kilmarnock, he was the best player on the pitch. Against Hibs, he played very well for the first half, before fading out of it in the second; overall, he had a good game. He missed an absolute sitter, but as the highlights on the BBC confirm, he was involved most of the chances we created.

I find myself defending Kingston time and time again, but it seems that the groundswell of opinion against him has turned into something of a juggernaut. The only reason I can see is the perceived wisdom as to how much money he is on. We have numerous players in the squad who contribute far, far less than him (and probably on a ?-for-? basis), yet some of them appear to have turned into superstars in the eyes of many Hearts fans.

I agree with you.

Its become fashionable to pick on Kingston now - he had a pretty good game the other day and if Nade had a first touch and if Berra had placed his header better he'd have had a couple of assists.

Look a that pass he played for Nade through two defenders I didn't see Bruno even attempt something like that (he had a good game but didn't play too many forward passes). I think the midfield has nice balance to it now we have three genuine ball-playing midfield players. Larry is often the one to try something to create a chance it won't always come off but players like that win matches.

If fit he's still a must-start for me.

I have absolutely no interest in watching Ghana play I'm afraid.

But I would suspect that the true lynchpin of the Ghana side is Michael Essien, a truly world class player and one whose hard work would make others look good.

That is what you would think. However if you have a look at Ghana Forums and news reports Kingston is usually the man they are raving about.

Either:

(1) Ghanains know nothing about football.

or

(2) Kingston has all the talent in the World but only can be bothered when playing for them.

or

(3) A combination of the above.

Just wish he would use the talent he has for us.

That is what you would think. However if you have a look at Ghana Forums and news reports Kingston is usually the man they are raving about.

Either:

(1) Ghanains know nothing about football.

or

(2) Kingston has all the talent in the World but only can be bothered when playing for them.

or

(3) A combination of the above.

Just wish he would use the talent he has for us.

I am sure that if you checked a certain Scottish football team's fans' website of a year or so ago you would find someone raving about how Kingston is world class too ... :rolleyes:

The players, as individuals and as a team, have started off slowly but I think they will continue to improve. I think the players are good and we will get better as the season progresses.

I expect the players will continue to be ridiculed by the JKB experts for a while yet.

I dont ridicule players but as a paying customer I have a right to comment on the quality of the performances from players. You may be right that he and other players will improve over the season but I can only comment on his performances so far and not how he MIGHT be performing in December - and so far this season Kingston has mainly been poor.

Also why is it with the advent of the internet fans are not allowed to have an opinion on team selections etc anymore without being accused of being negative or not being behind the team? I remember years ago being in pubs and saying for instance 'Whats Jordan playing at getting rid of Crabbo and playing big huddies up front' and never ever did anyone stop me and say - dont be negative, get behind the team, i leave tactics to the manager.

Midfield players need good strikers ahead of them and thats something Hearts haven't got as we all know. If Kingston gets a quality player infront of him he will thrive on that and we will see how good a player he is, take sunday as an example, Kingston played a couple of top notch passes through to Nade and any top striker would have scored, so it all boils down to the fact our attacking options are embarrassing. Hearts have a very good midfield and Kingston is very much part of that.

He's a lazy bassa.

He has quality but does not show it often enough, when we want him to step up to the plate and produce the goods for us in an important game he fails to do so, a bit like Nakamura in Europe.

I think dropping him in favour of, say Chesny, would do his attitude the World of good, at the moment he believes (rightly as it happens, although God only knows why given his performances of late) that he just needs to swagger into the dressing room on a Saturday and hey presto he's in the team. If he was replaced for a while then maybe he'd buck up his ideas a bit.

As for selling him in January, i'm sure most of us on here couldn't give a hoot if he was sold at this point, as long as he was replaced by a Striker who can actually score goals, or a central Defender who doesn't produce inch perfect passes to opposition players with 2 minutes to go in a game we're drawing for example, but I await with baited breath the 200 conspiracy threads that will be spawned from such an action by Hearts in January.

I am sure that if you checked a certain Scottish football team's fans' website of a year or so ago you would find someone raving about how Kingston is world class too ... :rolleyes:

Aye but these guys have been saying it for a long time, not just one season. :)

I may actually pop over and have a look to see what they are thinking recently.

I don't even know if he has played for them recently ?

always a jambo

I would drop Larry and play Miko instead. Larry needs a kick up the backside but he's not going to get it if he keeps getting a game every week.

I havn't seen anything from him to justify a starting place. I think he's lazy, slow and not as good a people think he is. On the rare occasion i have seen him deliver nice touches and peices of skill but that isn't very often. Just not good enough in my opinion.

Tom.

VERY OVER RATED.

VERY OVER RATED.

hes not crap and not in bad form, he is just very very lazy and doesnt look interested, ive bn to every home and away game this season so far, and i dont no if he was worse at ibrox or easter road, i was sayin after 20mintues he should be subbed at half time at the latest , god know's how he managed 85mins, !!

get ruben back in the team !!!!

Archived