Reserves today v Killie

Hans von Luck

Jam Tarts 1874

It's 1pm. Hearts are 5th in the table, a win today could put us ahead of Killie who are currently the 3rd placed team, hibs are in 4th and they are at Aberdeen today.

does anyone have a link to listen to the game? makela and palazuelos only first team players involved

maroonlegions
Sorry don't know why I wrote that :o

I have changed ot :hobofish:,,;):107years:(only joking):) , banter eh.:rolleyes:

1-0

:107years:

:peek_by_Andrin::peek_by_Andrin:

Jam Tarts 1874

Just back from Forthbank. 2-0 Hearts:

scorers: Templeton 35 minutes, Mackle 68 minutes. Team:

McDonald

Thomson McGowan Rapnik Park

Kostadinov J. Stewart Husband Mackle

Templeton

Makela

Jam Tarts 1874

Solid display by Hearts, difficult game for our young team as Killie had the experience of Gary Locke, Gavin Skelton and Willie Gibson in midfield as well as Martyn Corrigan at right back. They also had Donivan Simmonds up front who has a few first team appearances for Killie.

Templeton scored an excellent individual goal. He picked the ball up wide on the left just inside Killie's half, he cut inside, ran almost unchallenged to the edge of the box and then speared in a low shot wide of the keeper's left hand. He had a decent game but was subbed off in around 60 minutes to make way for Ryan Wallace. Templeton was unlucky to be trying to play just off Makela. It is not an easy role to play for a young player still learning his trade, even harder when your centre-forward is a lady garden like Makela.

Mackle's goal followed some excellent football between Husband and Wallace which led to Wallace expertly setting up Mackle for a nice side-footed finish from about 12 yards.

McDonald

Templeton

Makela

is that dylan or ryan mcgowan at centre back?

Solid display by Hearts, difficult game for our young team as Killie had the experience of Gary Locke, Gavin Skelton and Willie Gibson in midfield as well as Martyn Corrigan at right back. They also had Donivan Simmonds up front who has a few first team appearances for Killie.

Templeton scored an excellent individual goal. He picked the ball up wide on the left just inside Killie's half, he cut inside, ran almost unchallenged to the edge of the box and then speared in a low shot wide of the keeper's left hand. He had a decent game but was subbed off in around 60 minutes to make way for Ryan Wallace. Templeton was unlucky to be trying to play just off Makela. It is not an easy role to play for a young player still learning his trade, even harder when your centre-forward is a lady garden like Makela.

Mackle's goal followed some excellent football between Husband and Wallace which led to Wallace expertly setting up Mackle for a nice side-footed finish from about 12 yards.

Your short report sounds positive... almost like these younguns seems more than capable of playing on the next level after stepping up from U19's.

Jam Tarts 1874
is that dylan or ryan mcgowan at centre back?

It was Ryan. He and Rapnik dealt well with Killie's pacey front two.

Thomson strolled through at right back making use of his recent first team experience. Park at left back had a few scarey momments - I wonder why we just can't find a good left back these days.

McDonald had little to in goal, he did drop one of the few crosses that came in.

I'm afraid that although Kostadinov did not look out of place in this environment of young players, fringe players and some experienced players - once again he failed to stand out. Although in the first couple of mintues he did get once nice shot on target.

Makela as mentioned was a ******

Husband and Mackle had decent games and Ryan Wallace looked good during the time he was on. Johnny Stewart is a decent holding mid-fielder but not looking likely to progress.

Jam Tarts 1874
Your short report sounds positive... almost like these younguns seems more than capable of playing on the next level after stepping up from U19's.

Yes, we do have some decent young players. It was good to see Templeton today, he has come on alot since I last saw him months ago.

It is also good to see Stevie Banks taking the lead role in the dug-out at these reserve matches too.

It was Ryan. He and Rapnik dealt well with Killie's pacey front two.

Thomson strolled through at right back making use of his recent first team experience. Park at left back had a few scarey momments - I wonder why we just find a good left back these days.

McDonald had little to in goal, he did drop one of the few crosses that came in.

I'm afraid that although Kostadinov did not look out of place in this environment of young players, fringe players and some experienced players - once again he failed to stand out. Although in the first couple of mintues he did get once nice shot on target.

Makela as mentioned was a ******

Husband and Mackle had decent games and Ryan Wallace looked good during the time he was on. Johnny Stewart is a decent holding mid-fielder but not looking likely to progress.

isnt kostadinov a striker though, maybe if he played in his natural position he might do better. would like to see r.mcgowan and rapnik get a few appearances this season- ryan can play the karipidis role or cb, rapnik left back or cb, these positions need to be improved so why not try some youngsters there. matty park has done well recently from reports and highlights i've seen.

Jam Tarts 1874
isnt kostadinov a striker though, maybe if he played in his natural position he might do better. would like to see r.mcgowan and rapnik get a few appearances this season- ryan can play the karipidis role or cb, rapnik left back or cb, these positions need to be improved so why not try some youngsters there. matty park has done well recently from reports and highlights i've seen.

Every time I've seen Branny he has had the no:7 shirt on. He had opportunities today to make some progress, didn't make the most of it when he was in possession.

Park is still a youngster, he will have good games and bad games.

McGowan was in our first team plans not so long ago and we know Rapnik has talent - so maybe they will come through.

Once again, good to see the reserve team full of youngsters, and even more importantly, consistently winning games. That can only be good for their confidence.

Hopefully we will see a few of them making the step up to the first team soon. Anyone who watches the reserves/u19's regularly reckon any of these guys are ready?

McDonald

Templeton

Makela

Looks a decent young team. Hopefully some of them can make the step up between now and next season. Being honest I would rather give some of these guys a chance than some of the overpaid wasters we currently play.

Seymour M Hersh

Just back from Stirling myself. I agree with what the other lad said. I would add though that in Rapnik, Husband, McGowan and J Stewart we have some very very good prospects. I thought Husband was MoM he seems to be able to make space for himself. I think for them Skelton was No. 6 and was their best player by a distance but J Stewart coped admirably with him. I would say that apart from his very well taken goal I thought S Mackle was a little subdued.

As for Branny, needs to toughen up. Too often tries to play a fancy flick pass that's under-weighted. Clearly does not like to get stuck in which in the SPL is going to be a handicap. Has a bit of skill though. Jamie Mac had virtually nothing to do in goals. Or full backs were ok not sure if Matty Park is best suited to the position. Centre backs were dominant especially Rapnik. Mid field was very well served by 6 and 8 (Stewart & Husband) but the wide positions were only ok (Branny and Mackle) Up front Makala was himself although I'd say that is about his level and he caused them the odd problem but is just not a footballer. Pretty quick though. Templeon looks to have backs of skill and pace but is definitely in need of a few steak dinners washed down by pints of Guiness! He was replaced by Ryan Wallace and it really looked like one primary schoolie for another (I'm obviously getting old:)). Wallace did quite well when he came on as did Denis McLaughlin both like to run at defenders.

If I was asked who I think is closest to being ready for first team blooding I'd say on todays performances Husband, Rapnik and McGowan.

Enjoyed my first trip to Forthbank though it was parky, glad I had a hat and gloves!! JJ was there with Salvatore (at least it looked like his conk!). Is he working for Killie now? Our gaffer was there as well for the whole game with Lopez I think and A.N.Other.

McDonald

Templeton

Makela

Good to see he's playing a team for the future (with one notable exception) as opposed to the deadwood thats clogged the reserve team over the last couple of years stiffling players progression.

Also intersting to note that they are using the same formation as the first team. Whether it's your favoured system or not it's good to see some continuety meaning if/when the guys get into the first team then they are used to playing in the same system.

no gary glen today then. is he injured ?

good to see they are still unbeaten. wallace, mcgowan and husband were the standout players in last weeks match with united too. and makela was garbage last week also. i think they should just go with branny, templeton or glen up front in every reserve match and get shot of juho in january.

Charlie-Brown
no gary glen today then. is he injured ?

good to see they are still unbeaten. wallace, mcgowan and husband were the standout players in last weeks match with united too. and makela was garbage last week also. i think they should just go with branny, templeton or glen up front in every reserve match and get shot of juho in january.

I think Gary Glen and possibly also Johnny Brown are with Scotland U19 squad.

I saw the 2nd half (I thought it was a 2pm ko...) and thought all looked good except for Juho!

Ian McAll was there, maybe Partick will take the big Finn off our hands...

Killie started as if they were going to brush us aside but once we got to grips the youngsters were in control for the most part. A very young team up against some experienced Killie players. Apart from those already mentioned they also had Grant Murray playing.

Jamie MacDonald had little to do but was in total control of his area. The back four dominated, despite having a couple of changes from last week (Ryan McGowan and Matej Rapnik coming in). I thought Sean Mackle was a bit subdued but he has a massive bandage on his knee so he may be carrying an injury - he took his goal very well, reminiscent of the one Larry scored against Killie a couple of weeks ago. Branny played his part and sometimes I think he's too quick for some of the others. He makes good runs which aren't spotted but I would prefer to see him in the middle which is his natural position. David Templeton took his goal well, a terrific run and shot. There were no failures in my opinion, all in all a good team effort. Man of the match for me was Matej Rapnik, totally dominant and didn't put a foot wrong. He must be close to a place in the first team. Interesting to see Salvatori there with JJ. Korobochka, as per usual, spent a lot of the time on his mobile. He was accompanied by his interpretor (not Lopez) and Csaba was there for most of the game.

The Killie player Taouil(sp) was sitting in front of me with another guy who looked as if he might have been a player. They were taken outside by a couple of police officers halfway through the second half but returned a short time later. I tried hard but couldn't make out what they were saying!:sad:

All in all a very good performance from a very young team against a far more experienced Killie outfit. Despite our other problems things are looking good on the playing front, for our futures team anyway.

Charlie-Brown
I think Gary Glen and possibly also Johnny Brown are with Scotland U19 squad.

Brown started for Scotland yesterday and Glen came on as sub (73 mins) as Scotland drew 1-1 with Azerbaijan.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under19/fixturesresults/round=15216/match=302137/index.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under19/fixturesresults/round=15216/match=302137/report=ev.html

Seymour M Hersh
Killie started as if they were going to brush us aside but once we got to grips the youngsters were in control for the most part. A very young team up against some experienced Killie players. Apart from those already mentioned they also had Grant Murray playing.

Jamie MacDonald had little to do but was in total control of his area. The back four dominated, despite having a couple of changes from last week (Ryan McGowan and Matej Rapnik coming in). I thought Sean Mackle was a bit subdued but he has a massive bandage on his knee so he may be carrying an injury - he took his goal very well, reminiscent of the one Larry scored against Killie a couple of weeks ago. Branny played his part and sometimes I think he's too quick for some of the others. He makes good runs which aren't spotted but I would prefer to see him in the middle which is his natural position. David Templeton took his goal well, a terrific run and shot. There were no failures in my opinion, all in all a good team effort. Man of the match for me was Matej Rapnik, totally dominant and didn't put a foot wrong. He must be close to a place in the first team. Interesting to see Salvatori there with JJ. Korobochka, as per usual, spent a lot of the time on his mobile. He was accompanied by his interpretor (not Lopez) and Csaba was there for most of the game.

The Killie player Taouil(sp) was sitting in front of me with another guy who looked as if he might have been a player. They were taken outside by a couple of police officers halfway through the second half but returned a short time later. I tried hard but couldn't make out what they were saying!:sad:

All in all a very good performance from a very young team against a far more experienced Killie outfit. Despite our other problems things are looking good on the playing front, for our futures team anyway.

Ha ha I had no idea they were players. I thought they were local neds. Serves him right for wearing a naf light blue track suit. Must have been freezing as well.

Jam Tarts 1874

They really did both look like a couple of crims. When the police approached them I assumed these guys were on the run from Glenochil or something. Just as the players came out after half-time, they guy in the blue track suit had a conversation with Ryan Wallace, they appeared to know each other and shook hands.

Jam Tarts 1874
Good to see he's playing a team for the future (with one notable exception) as opposed to the deadwood thats clogged the reserve team over the last couple of years stiffling players progression.

Also intersting to note that they are using the same formation as the first team. Whether it's your favoured system or not it's good to see some continuety meaning if/when the guys get into the first team then they are used to playing in the same system.

Yes, it seems that all the best teams on the continent have all their teams at various levels all playing the same system, it makes sense and long may it continue.

They really did both look like a couple of crims. When the police approached them I assumed these guys were on the run from Glenochil or something. Just as the players came out after half-time, they guy in the blue track suit had a conversation with Ryan Wallace, they appeared to know each other and shook hands.

They had parked there car in the car park at the stadium and hit another car and basically didnt care so someone hopped them to the police. i heard him tell jj

jamboinglasgow

Yes, it seems that all the best teams on the continent have all their teams at various levels all playing the same system, it makes sense and long may it continue.

Good to hear the young guys are coming on really well. THink there are some there that are really starting to shine. Though I still urge a bit of caution before they are moved onto the first team, as Csaba seems to want more experence in the team. With that achieved I feel some of the reserves may move up to the bench.

I think people who are too are being very critical of Csaba at the moment need to look towards the reserves and U19s. They have improved a huge amount and are more structured towards developing the players for the next stage. People have to remember that Csaba is playing the long game, and his main aim outside the first team (whose aim is at least 6th this season) is to make hearts football system to work as well as possible. This means raising players through the ranks in the best way possible so we get the best players we can. The first team is improving at the moment (as the game against hibs showed, lets hope it continues) but the improvement in the reserves and U19s shows the quality.

Also, as Jam Tarts 1874 correctly pointed out it is important to play the same system from at least the U19s upwards. This means players can move to the next stage more comfortable as they know what they are supposed to do just the level is up.

Also I was thinking this yesterday, you could almost make of players who at each stage, and it would show quality:

i.e. close to first team: Rapnik, R. McGowen, Husband, Brown, Glen

those who are the next level down (in the reserves with promise but still work to go): Templeton, Kostidinov, Mackle, J. Stewart, R. Wallace

Then those who are standing out in the U19s, and are close to moving up: D. McGowen, C. Thomson, Cowan, Dealand, Wood also D. Thomson and Visconte if they recover from their injuries

sure there are some players in the U17s that are close to the U19s but unfortunatly I dont know them enough to comment on their abilty.

Anyone know if any of our guys was playing for Scotland U-19's today.

We seem to be 7 zip (*cringe*) up on San Marino

Would be nice if Gary Glen had got himself two or three.

GC

Good to hear the young guys are coming on really well. THink there are some there that are really starting to shine. Though I still urge a bit of caution before they are moved onto the first team, as Csaba seems to want more experence in the team. With that achieved I feel some of the reserves may move up to the bench.

I think people who are too are being very critical of Csaba at the moment need to look towards the reserves and U19s. They have improved a huge amount and are more structured towards developing the players for the next stage. People have to remember that Csaba is playing the long game, and his main aim outside the first team (whose aim is at least 6th this season) is to make hearts football system to work as well as possible. This means raising players through the ranks in the best way possible so we get the best players we can. The first team is improving at the moment (as the game against hibs showed, lets hope it continues) but the improvement in the reserves and U19s shows the quality.

Also, as Jam Tarts 1874 correctly pointed out it is important to play the same system from at least the U19s upwards. This means players can move to the next stage more comfortable as they know what they are supposed to do just the level is up.

Also I was thinking this yesterday, you could almost make of players who at each stage, and it would show quality:

those who are the next level down (in the reserves with promise but still work to go): Templeton, Kostidinov, Mackle, J. Stewart, R. Wallace

Then those who are standing out in the U19s, and are close to moving up: D. McGowen, C. Thomson, Cowan, Dealand, Wood also D. Thomson and Visconte if they recover from their injuries

sure there are some players in the U17s that are close to the U19s but unfortunatly I dont know them enough to comment on their abilty.

Agree with a lot of your post, principally in respect of reserves / youths etc. Things appear a lot more structure now with the right level of player getting the right match time as appropriate

Dont think you can say we are improving in the first team though after the Hibs game alone. A good performance with players actually looking motivated. We'll learn more from the Aberdeen game IMO as to whether this was just derby inspired adrenaline - a one off in a sequence of games where we have been gash - or whether it is a turn for better on a more prolonged period.

But I liked your insight into the younger players

Anyone know if any of our guys was playing for Scotland U-19's today.

We seem to be 7 zip (*cringe*) up on San Marino

Would be nice if Gary Glen had got himself two or three.

GC

Dunno, but it finished 8-0.

As wellreasoned a post as i've read on here this season mate. Things are looking up at all levels. We seem to have structure about the whole playing side of things and I think after January we can assess the first team more fully.

I just hope that if things don't go our way for two weeks (a la Dutd and Kille) people don't call it a disaster without thinking longer term or taking into accoutn that building a team takes, months.... years, rather than days or weeks. Won't happen, but aslong as those at the club know the longterm on-field plans, then i'm happy to have a downturn or two on the way

Well done old boy!

glen didnt score vs san marino, griffiths, stirling (3), macdonald got a couple, cant remember who else

Archived