Reserves today v Killie

Hans von Luck

jamboinglasgow
Agree with a lot of your post, principally in respect of reserves / youths etc. Things appear a lot more structure now with the right level of player getting the right match time as appropriate

Dont think you can say we are improving in the first team though after the Hibs game alone. A good performance with players actually looking motivated. We'll learn more from the Aberdeen game IMO as to whether this was just derby inspired adrenaline - a one off in a sequence of games where we have been gash - or whether it is a turn for better on a more prolonged period.

But I liked your insight into the younger players

I understand why you feel we you say we haven't improved. There have been matches where it doesn't feel we have improved (Dundee united and Killie were examples of this.) But I think there have been more that have shown improvement (the motherwell game, St Mirren, Hamilton and Hibs.) Yes we could do badly against aberdeen, but in my opinon there has been an improvement on last season. We need to get rid of a number of players as we needs players who play for the shirt.

As wellreasoned a post as i've read on here this season mate. Things are looking up at all levels. We seem to have structure about the whole playing side of things and I think after January we can assess the first team more fully.

I just hope that if things don't go our way for two weeks (a la Dutd and Kille) people don't call it a disaster without thinking longer term or taking into accoutn that building a team takes, months.... years, rather than days or weeks. Won't happen, but aslong as those at the club know the longterm on-field plans, then i'm happy to have a downturn or two on the way

Well done old boy!

Thanks very much. Yeah, I can see the long term actions taking place, they are visable in the reserves and the youth, but there are even more things I am pretty sure Csaba has quite a few things planned long term that we dont know yet (I still remember hearing say in his first interview that he found the facilties at Riccarton ok, but he has ideas to improve it alot more (that is a question I want to ask csaba.))

The team needs strengthened and deadwood removed and that can only happen at least in January but most likely most will happen in the Summer. The experence is needed in the team and Csaba knows this. But the youngsters have some promising players who may make and may not but the right path for them to develop and the help of coaches who not only provide the right training but provide a father figure (as Csaba has said) so that they can help these players have a person who will help them with problems. There is along way to go for Hearts but I can see us being a team that could rival the old firm or at least push them often every season.

jamboinglasgow

sorry for the second post but too late to edit. I was going to say I forgot Condrad Balatoni as a player in the U19s who is close to making the reserves.

As for U17s I think Matthew Falzon, Jamie Walker and Scott Robinson at least are ones I know of that could move up to the U19s. (though does anyone know what has happened to Pom, as he seems to have dropped out of the radar.)

portobellojambo1
glen didnt score vs san marino, griffiths, stirling (3), macdonald got a couple, cant remember who else

The other two goals were scored by John Russell (he is signed with Dundee United but out on loan to Forfar at the moment).

sorry for the second post but too late to edit. I was going to say I forgot Condrad Balatoni as a player in the U19s who is close to making the reserves.

As for U17s I think Matthew Falzon, Jamie Walker and Scott Robinson at least are ones I know of that could move up to the U19s. (though does anyone know what has happened to Pom, as he seems to have dropped out of the radar.)

He's had a knee op so is out of action - don't know when he is expected back though

jamboinglasgow
He's had a knee op so is out of action - don't know when he is expected back though

ok, thanks for that chicka, hope he recovers from it, I think he has the potential to be a cracking player, good pace and ball control.

Jam Tarts 1874
They had parked there car in the car park at the stadium and hit another car and basically didnt care so someone hopped them to the police. i heard him tell jj

That seems to clear things up thanks. Imagine trying to get away with anything wearing that hideous blue tracksuit - the guy concerned should be arrested for crimes against fashion.

Archived