Walking out the cinema

i8hibsh

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris
Never have.

Norbit, Bratz, you name it.

I had to go and see Norbit, twas a favour for a friend, I wanted to leave but unfortunately I couldn't.

to use richard gordon's infamous phrase, it made my eyes bleed.

Absolutely brilliant film, especially if you have been to Japan.

Never been to Japan lol!

With most films that I don't like I can still see what other people might find appealing but with Lost In Translation I just don't see the point!

Just don't see what is so enthraling about watching something that happens in every hotel, in every major city, nearly every single night! two people stuck in a hotel are bored and fancy a fumble, bloke doesn't seem to be getting anywhere so pumps something else and the first bird gets a hump on!

Could maybe have seen the point if they had this huge love affair but ffs all they seemed to do was drive about and go to a karaoke bar !!

loveofthegame

I've only ever walked out on a film once. It was so bad im genuinely struggling to remember its name. Began with an H though! Me and my mate were at the cinema before goin out on the bevvy and the culmination of the horrendous film and keeness to get ****ed made the decision for us.

Only other time ive been close was Saw 3, for v diff reasons. Saw was 1 of the best films ever, so clever with an amazing twist. However Saw 3 to me seemed like it was pure vile gore for no good reason. No decent story just minging for the sake of it, trying to be more horrendous than Hostel was. I also hated how throughout the entire story you were shown the boy dying of cancer- who the **** wants to pay to watch someone die of cancer in front of their eyes. Nah not for me. Gritted my teeth and saw it through but didn't head back for Saw 4...

Only 2 I can remember walking out on at the cinema are Magnolia and The Fith Element, the only film that has sent me to sleep in a cinema is The Life Aquatic. There are quite a few others that I have'nt made it through on DVD/download, Ghost World being one I can remember off the top of my head.

I had to go and see Norbit, twas a favour for a friend, I wanted to leave but unfortunately I couldn't.

to use richard gordon's infamous phrase, it made my eyes bleed.

I was in the same situation with this film. I wanted to hit myself in the face with a shovel after watching this film.

Carl Spackler

I'm sure I walked out of Moonwalker with Micheal Jackson.

(actually I should have done it sliding backwards for a laugh!)

The worst film ever made.

Really can't understand folks not liking Lost in Translation!

The Hardman or whatever it was called with Liam Neeson. In a cinema in Glasgow. I was jeered all the way out by a bunch of weedgies as I left during a particularly violent scene.

I was actually leaving as I felt physically sick as I'd seen a guy kicked to death the week before.

The Machinist (weird and creepy)

The Dark (p1sh psuedo horror involving suicidal sheep)

The latest Mummy installation - simply absolute gash.

Spiderman... It just seemed to go on forever and I was so bored towards the end.

Interestingly my girlfriend bought me the Spiderman boxset for my Xmas last year. I accepted it with a smile and a thank you but I've never bothered to watch any of them.

Well don't feel bad about it as your girlfriend is a cheapskate, I'm sure I got the boxset spiderman 1,2 & 3 for about ?12 ages ago. I hope she got you something else that year!

Never left a film early, although I've fallen asleep during ones that were crap.

Incidentally - I liked Black Sheep, although I do have a penchant for very stupid films

My mate fell asleep through the 'fifth element' - he took the easy way out with that one

I'm sure I walked out of Moonwalker with Micheal Jackson.

(actually I should have done it sliding backwards for a laugh!)

The worst film ever made.

Really can't understand folks not liking Lost in Translation!

Clearly you have never seen 'the jackel' or 'ps i love you'

Lost in Translation is fantastic tho

Pearl Harbour. Seen it in Times square NY on memorial day. It was full of sailors. Absolutely terrible.

Did they all clap and woop woop through it?

I watched 'Gladiator' in the pictures in Chicago and they all got up at the end and gave it a 5 minute standing ovation of clapping and woop woop's, i'm sure there was high fiving going on aswell

I fell asleep during Apocalypse Now.

Sorry Uly mate

I simply don't believe you EVER sleep

you and Dexter are on here 24/7 :)

Sorry Uly mate

I simply don't believe you EVER sleep

you and Dexter are on here 24/7 :)

Simple explanation: There was no JKB in 1979. :biggrin:

Never walked out of a film, even though I've been tempted. The Terminal with Tom Hanks springs to mind.

TBH, doubt I'd do it unless I was on my own, and given I've only been to the cinema on my lonesome twice in my puff is pretty unlikely.

Thing is, I never express my opinion on a film during it to mates, as it ****es me off royally if someone does it to me. Nowt worse than sitting their engrossed in something, that might be a bit different or complex but has sucked you in, when someone whispers "this is pish".

Does my nut in.

chester copperpot

I walked out of Braveheart believe it or not. Had wanted to see it for ages, but had a massive fight with my bird at the time in the cinema and just walked out.

My Own Private Idaho. Horrendous.

Would've walked out of Independence Day, A Last Tango In Paris (a re-release at the Filmhouse in the early 90's) and Bram Stoker's Dracula but thought I'd be courteous and stick it out on behalf of the people I was there with, despite all three films being bum-squeakingly dreadful. Turned out in all three cases my companions thought the films were pish and would have gladly left too.

Commander Harris

I desperately wanted to walk out of Charlies Angels 2 but I was with a fairly large group and some of them were actually enjoying it! :wacko:

Snake Plissken

Never walked out of the cinema but there have been plenty of films on TV or rented DVDs I couldn't get through.

Coffee and cigarettes - probably the most boring thing I've ever witnessed, gave up after half an hour.

Pirates of the Carribean 2 - fell asleep while watching it

Tomb Raider - couldn't get into it, gave up

Something with Meg Ryan which was supposed to be shocking but bored me beyond all reasonable means

Crouching Tiger and Hero - I HATE people flying in martial arts films.

Pearl Harbour. Seen it in Times square NY on memorial day. It was full of sailors. Absolutely terrible.

Oh my god that would have been hard work that film is p1sh and around them would have been worse.

The Terminal is a dreadful film i find it bad enough killing time in an airport i dont want to sit and watch a film about a guy stuck in an airport.

I still think the happening is hard to beat for p1sh although Norbit is a truly masterful piece of crap too.

jamboinglasgow
Never walked out of the cinema but there have been plenty of films on TV or rented DVDs I couldn't get through.

Coffee and cigarettes - probably the most boring thing I've ever witnessed, gave up after half an hour.

Pirates of the Carribean 2 - fell asleep while watching it

Tomb Raider - couldn't get into it, gave up

Something with Meg Ryan which was supposed to be shocking but bored me beyond all reasonable means

Crouching Tiger and Hero - I HATE people flying in martial arts films.

I have watched afew films over the internet and most that I give up on is just I dont have time or bad connection.

But there was one reactiontly. I keep watching these awful spoofs in the hope that one will be a new Airplane or hot shots (though often realise they dont know what made the films great with current remakes.)

So I watched the whole of:

Date Move

Epic Move

Meet the Spartans

Superhero movie

but i watched 10 mins of Disaster movie and thought even I think this is worse than awful. A terrible imperionation of AMy whinehouse, and that was it.

one weekday afternoon decided to go and watch Donnie Brasco by myself and was only one in watching it. biggest load of boring plops i've ever half-watched!! fell asleep...:bigyawn:

Commander Harris
one weekday afternoon decided to go and watch Donnie Brasco by myself and was only one in watching it. biggest load of boring plops i've ever half-watched!! fell asleep...:bigyawn:

Donnie Brasco is a very good film IMO.

Were you stoned? It's a great film.........

Ah forget about it!

I walked out of Braveheart believe it or not. Had wanted to see it for ages, but had a massive fight with my bird at the time in the cinema and just walked out.

You should have shouted FREEDOM at her as you went.

Never walked out of a movie. And I can only think of one which I wanted to. King bloody Kong. It went on forever.

Gone With The Wind. Fell asleep. Woke up, then couldn't keep ma peepers open.

Lynn:ph34r:

Not walking tou the cinema but I haven't finished watching Green Street and Fight Club. Just turned them off.

Don't intend to watch the rest. A load of pish.

Did they all clap and woop woop through it?

I watched 'Gladiator' in the pictures in Chicago and they all got up at the end and gave it a 5 minute standing ovation of clapping and woop woop's, i'm sure there was high fiving going on aswell

There was the part when they were getting destroyed and Cuba Gooding Jnr somehow manages to climb up to one of the guns on the boat, swing it round, scream ahhhhhhhhhhhhh with his mouth shaking (all in slo mo of course) and shoot down a Japanese plane. The audience went mental! Throwing there hats and jumping around. Unbelievable.

Donnie Brasco is a very good film IMO.

Fantastic film. Pretty intense. Even when a wise guys wrong, he's right.

Fell asleep watching Cats and Dogs, the worst film I think Ive ever seen, went for a mates birthday was absolultly drivel.

Thunderbirds was beyond awful too.

I went to see 88 minutes, that movie was a ****ing waste of movie, pathetic.

The only genuine movies Ive enjoyed the full way are The Dark Knight and Saw 4.

Bring on Saw 5.

I walked out after 20 minutes of the Blair Witch Project, that was one of the worst films ever.

I managed to watch that whole film, it is balls until the last 10 mins where something actually happens :eek::eek:

Were you stoned? It's a great film.........

Ah forget about it!

wish i was!!!! i was expecting goodfellas but just didnae click

dalkeithjambo

Me and my wife walked out of I am legend (will smith) after about 5 minutes. This was due to fact we were a little late and when we got in and sat down i thought the film was at least half way through (judging by trailers and they way i thought film would pan out). When we got out we asked the person who collects ticket stubbs when it had actually started, he said it had been on for about 5 to 10 minutes and asked what was happening in the film when we left, when i told him he said film had really just started.

So we felt like right t***s when we went back in again.

2nd time was in plymouth when watching Braveheart. i never left but was very close to it. When the battles started another scottish lad with me decided to shout as loud as he could "get intae these english b******s!!" bearing in mind we were completely sourrounded by english folk!.

jamboinglasgow

watched Tristian and Isodolode (or however it is spelt) on a plane from London to singapoire, got about half way through and realised it was awful, really really boring I changed it over to the radio channel for comedy and read a book.

I walked out of Crash (the 'erotic thriller' not the recent one). Now I'm all for a bit of T&A in my films but someone getting their jolies from a gash in the leg was just to much for me.

I watched it on TV a few years later as I wanted to see how it ended, I'm curious, that way.

I thought as I had seen about an hour of it before I would be able to watch it through as I knew what to expect but no. Got to exactly the same bit and switched it off.

It's weird, sick & it's wrong - bit like being a Celtic fan.

Didn't walk out of High School Musical 3.

:eek::eek: What were you doing watching it in the first place?

Did you enjoy it?

Archived