Walking out the cinema

i8hibsh

We have all done it

What film did you walk out off? A film so poor that it was simply too painful to watch.

I remember leaving after 15 minutes of State Troopers

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never done it! No matter how pish the film, I always stick it out in the hope of it getting better :eek:

If its really bad though I normally spend the second half texting my mates about how crap it is

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Backdraft. but then i was 16, reeking and had just been sick in the aisle....

:o

I've got a similar story.

Cannae even remember what the film was called, absolute garbage though.

Left and spewed all over the toilet floor. Oh dear.

Apologies to the polish cleaner who had to deal with that if you are reading.

Hidalgo.

I enjoyed that film. It is one of those films that genuinely does have quite a slow start.

Never walkled out a films, like someone else said I always hope it'll get better. Plus Im a tight arse and like to try get my moneys worth, grudge spending ?6-?7 quid on a ticket if I'm not going to stay and watch it.

Walked out of Semi Pro. I used to find Will Ferrell amusing but when he has done the same act over and over, the humour for me has become boring.

Spiderman... It just seemed to go on forever and I was so bored towards the end.

Interestingly my girlfriend bought me the Spiderman boxset for my Xmas last year. I accepted it with a smile and a thank you but I've never bothered to watch any of them.

Regal Kingston

Waking life.

Sh*t animated pretentious nonsence and XXX right after Vin Diesel uttered...

"No Dick, your the Dick, Dick!"

Got my jacket after the third dick.

The Hulk with Eric Banna. That is to say I would have walked out on it if it hadn't been the only film that I hadn't already watched on a 12 hour flight to Singapore. Unfortunately, my remote wasn't working properly so I couldn't even do my usual Tetris marathon!

Say What Again

I've never walked out of a film. I always think I should stick with it until the end just to see what happens.

2 different sets up couples walked out of Tropic Thunder a few weeks ago when I was there. I thought the film was good and laughed all the way through but he missus looked bored out of her mind and said she was glad when it finished.

I walked out the first Lord of the Rings, it went on and on. I've never been to see a LotR film since.:)

Have only done it once and it was some pesh comedy film released last year about Sheep, can't mind what it was called but I think it was a film made in New Zealand.

I'd wanted to see Michael Clayton but the teletext still had the previous weeks cinema times up so when I turned up this was the only thing which was close to starting at the timme I had arrived at and seeing as I have 1 of those monthly passes I gave it a bash. Walked out after 25 mins.

Commander Harris
I walked out the first Lord of the Rings, it went on and on. I've never been to see a LotR film since.:)

you're missing out!

get the special edition and watch it a disc at a time (about 90-100 minutes each)

I vaguely remember walking out of a film at the ritz in Rodney St in the 70's. Cant remember the name of it but it was a terrible Sci-fi film starring Jon Finch.

I'm a lot more selective about the films I now go to watch & to hire. Too much crap around now for my taste.

Have only done it once and it was some pesh comedy film released last year about Sheep, can't mind what it was called but I think it was a film made in New Zealand.

I'd wanted to see Michael Clayton but the teletext still had the previous weeks cinema times up so when I turned up this was the only thing which was close to starting at the timme I had arrived at and seeing as I have 1 of those monthly passes I gave it a bash. Walked out after 25 mins.

was the film Black Sheep?

i've walked out of

its all gone pete tong - just absolutely awful

and sideways - the film was effectively two guys going round drinking wine and one of them who is engaged sleeps with women and it got a bloody oscar nomination :(:mad:

you're missing out!

get the special edition and watch it a disc at a time (about 90-100 minutes each)

Surely you mean about 90-100 minutes too long each? If you've seen one computer generated orc army, you've seen them all!

As for the much hyped NZ scenery, it's the same as the alpine stuff on several early Bond flicks. Seen one....

Never walked out of a film, but was so very close with 2 films: Mission to Mars and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Mission to Mars was a terrible film, never watched it again, and never will

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was...different. Went with a few mates (same ones I'd seen Mission to Mars with), and we'd never seen a film like it before and found it ridiculous! Spent our time laughing at the flying through the trees, the running up sides of buildings etc, and just got bored towards the end. Watched it again on my own maybe a year or two later - loved it. Thought it was an excellent film, and really enjoyed the other movies like it: Hero, House of Flying Daggers etc.

I think the enjoyment we get out of films can be affected by who we go with.

was the film Black Sheep?

i've walked out of

its all gone pete tong - just absolutely awful

and sideways - the film was effectively two guys going round drinking wine and one of them who is engaged sleeps with women and it got a bloody oscar nomination :(:mad:

Yeah think it was Black sheep. Was just a bit odd and not really my thing.

Never done it! No matter how pish the film, I always stick it out in the hope of it getting better :eek:

If its really bad though I normally spend the second half texting my mates about how crap it is

Yup and telling them they have to see so they can tell you how bad they think it is.

Having worked in a cinema for 5 years while at Uni i have seen some crap but have never walked out even though i have a free cinema pass just cant do it.

The happening was sooo bad a film i actually liked it for that reason couldnt stop laughing at it.

hanckock, left that one to jump across to watch mama mia

you left Charlize theron to watch a gay film in Mam Mia?

one word.................:hobofish:

:)

Never left a film early, although I've fallen asleep during ones that were crap.

Incidentally - I liked Black Sheep, although I do have a penchant for very stupid films

Archived